New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Infiltration of Slii- Monsters of Otr Part I

When James gets close to the mountain he looks straight ibto it. He then moves his gaze up and up and up until his massive neck muscles won't allow him to see higher and he still can't see the top. Both his eyes and his mouth is wide open as he utter wauw. He stands there for about 10 seconds before his high hat falls off and disappears together with the rest of his fancy suit leaving him only with a loincloth to cover his body(aside from two bags and a greatsword). Mighty challenge for mighty Murthaog he shouts as he jumps onto the mountain and starts climbing determined to reach the top.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-13 at 07:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

The peculiar crow seemed a tad bit eager to move than the rest of the party, at least with how it flickered and flapped through the air, frequently circling ahead and waiting for the breath to catch up, or flying back over if it had incorrectly guessed where it was heading. As everyone else had approached, the bird had already taken a perch along the steps and watched. This did, however, leave it a tad bit surprised when the thing started to move, prompting it to leap up into the air and circle around, attention focused towards the mountain creature.

He continues to fly, despite the warning of the elemental creature, and even flies down to pick up the troll's discarded hat and follows him up along the mountain's slope. After all, the dragon youth thought, there was no way he was going to be out flown by a mountain, and even if he did he knew exactly where the thing was going and it wouldn't be that hard to find the darn thing.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Kal is using detect evil and detect magic focused upon the mountain, for what its worth. xD

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

"A pleasure to meet you, Inquisitor Vashini," Sirenal says to the small creature that he just realized he was standing next to. " My name is Sirenal. Many people have named me many different names, but Sirenal is my name."

He finds his balance alright, and begins to walk up the stairs carved into the side of the mountain. He snorts at the sight of the troll climbing the hill wearing nothing but a loincloth, then turns back to Tovera. "So, where are you from, if I may be so bold?"

Before she can answer, he spots Kal flapping around the mountain, despite the warnings of their guide, and shouts to him, "Kal! Be careful!"
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

The mountain is entirely non-magical.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #35

Kobold

The crow didn't have the facial features for it, but one may have gotten the impression that it was attempting to roll its eyes at being told to be careful. The skies, as well as the water, was his domain, or so he believed. His features banked to the side, coming to turn and meet up with the half-centaur where he dropped off the troll's hat for him to collect, before landing and taking his true form. A fact that may have been quite surprising for the kobold inquisitor, as the tiny sized crow suddenly blossomed into a medium sized dragon, its brilliant coat of gold scales lining it from snout to tail tip, whilst its peculiar wings with their fin-like extensions running down along his body stretched out to their full, nearly thirty foot wing span.

"I'll be fine," the creature eventually spoke, tail flicking to his side to reveal a set of adamantine coils wrapped around the long limb. "I could keep up with this thing in my sleep if need be," he practically huffed, a fact which sent searing hot air streaming from his nostrils over the two before he took to flight again, leaping up from the stairs gain some height, then a mighty beat of his wings causing him to gain more velocity and height until he turned back around to join the troll at the top of the mountain.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sirenal sighs as the wyrmling wings his way to the mountain's peak. "So much like his sister," he mutters, then turns back to the winged kobold. "Sorry about that. His parents asked me to keep an eye on him. Anyway, what were you saying?"
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2014-06-13 at 09:51 AM.
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"Where I'm from doesnt matter. The mission ahead does." Tovera answered evasively. "Did we have anything else we needed to pick up before we go on a quest to slay the elemental plane of fire? Perhaps a Decanter of endless water might do the trick?" she adds sarcastically.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sirenal takes a mental note of her evasiveness, and ponders his new companion for a moment. He can relate to having a painful past, and he quickly makes it a personal goal to ease her pain.

"I did not mean to pry," he says apologetically, then continues, "I don't think the decanter would quite do the trick, though. Maybe if we just ask the fire nicely..." His eyes twinkle at the little inquisitor's joke.
    Show

Town Square execution.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

As the group gets to the top of the mountain, they see a small town is on the top. They are greeted by a tall, mechanical man with a sword for a left arm. He extends his right hand.
    Greetings. I am Imgalle Dosh, mayor of Snailtown. I hope the climb was not too difficult.
    His voice is monotone and mechanical. Stereotypical warforged.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

When James reaches the top he will turn around and yell his glorious victory to the world. The might result in him spittingly yelling straight into the crow that had been following him. If that is the case the crow will notice a fierce look in his eyes that changes as the air leaves his lunges. With a mild and concerned look James reaches his left hand out towards the crow inviting for it to rest. I am sorry little one. It wasn't my intentions to ruining your beautiful feathers. If the bird sits on him he will clean his spit away and straighten them again with pretigation.

He turns when he is spoken to. Now showing any suprise with the unusually looking metal man he moves his hand to his head before making a graceful bow. Greetings mayor Dosh. My name is James Mulong but friends call me James. I am happy that you allow me to stay in your most.. he pauses while searching for the right word ..heightened city. The climb was he looks around and looks down the steep mountain rather pleasant he finishes rather vague.
    The lack of hat in his hand combined with the breeze around his manhood makes him realise that something is off. When he examines himself he finds that he is only wearing a loincloth. He looks around and unable to find what he is looking for he asks the crow Do you perchance have any idea of where my hat is?
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-18 at 07:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The Mayor seems taken aback by the change of personality.
    Excuse me if I am wrong, but you are Murthaog Rockclaw, correct?

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I realized I used the wrong color in the other post for Mayor Dosh
    Last edited by Vhaidara; 2014-06-18 at 07:20 PM.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

James sends the ironman a suspicious look. It feels like a long time since someone mentioned that name. He however decides to answer the question I.. was. How did you know?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The founder of this village followed you tribe quite carefully. It was interested in what your tribe may produce.
    The mayor's tone is matter of fact, like he's explaining a tourist attraction.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

The founder? James raises an eyebrown. This was something new.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Yes. I'm sure you will meet it at some point.
    The mayor gives him the most quizzical look a mechanical face can.
    In fact, I was told it was going to lead you here.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

It? Do you mean the transparent thing? He was following the others up the stairs the last words fade away as he again looks down the mountain scratching his head with a free hand.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, the founder sent one of its servant to retrieve you. And yes, your comrades. They should be reaching the top soon. If you would like to meet them, please follow me. Otherwise, feel free to explore the town. Just don't break anything you don't plan on paying for.
    With that, the machine-person turns and heads for the other side of the village.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #48

Kobold

By the time the troll made it to the top, there was not a crow behind him. But, glancing back, he'd see to his perhaps startlement a golden scaled dragon, over sixteen feet from nose tip to tail tip, was ascending to catch up to him. And, in a brief moment, the dragon was suddenly over him, dipping its wings to begin circling down onto the top of the large hill, until finally it came to rest with a not to small thud around the top with the other two. For the moment, he waited patiently to listen to their conversation, except to respond to the troll's question, "I caught your hat as you rushed up. Sirenal has it in his safe keeping."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Thank you my good sir, but who are you? if I may ask James asks the golden dragon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    We didn't see you in this form before right?

----------------------------------------------------

James is displeased with this secretkeeping but he knows that it is rude to keep digging in secrets that people do not wish to be revealed. He follows the mayor.
    Last edited by Sønderjye; 2014-06-19 at 06:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Kobold

The dragon quirked his snout to the side in response to the question, whilst his long, serpentine tail gives a flick. "I am the crow. My name is Kaldakaczil, but if that proves to difficult to pronounce, you may call me Kal."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sirenal reaches the top of the mountain, flipping the top hat between his hands, and rears up at the sight of the little town and the metal mayor. Now I have seen everything, he thinks absently as he approaches the troll in conversation with his young friend.

"I believe this belongs to you," he says, holding the hat out for James. "Before we get too far in this journey together, I hope we could have a moment to discuss our....methods." He looks the troll straight in the eye and gives him a stern look.

He does not like practicing his "stern" face, and as such it comes across as more of a disgusted look.
    Show

Town Square execution.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh a shapeshifter. My pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kaldakaczil. Is that your first name or your surname? James ask.

The troll extends one of his long muscular arms to accept the hat. Thank you mister Sirenal. I almost felt naked without it. He says with a pleasant smile concealing his embarrassment from the episode. He almost starts avoid Sirenal eyes but remember his manners and meet the stern gaze waiting for him to continue

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

"You are welcome. You can expect my assistance in whatever you need, at any time." Sirenal holds his eye contact with James and continues, "However, that does not mean I approve of your nonchalant attitude toward death, as it seems to me. Please correct me if I am wrong; I do not wish to create any animosity between us." After a moment longer, he finally looks away. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, cleansing breath, then gazes into the sky, his eyes tracing the scant, wispy desert clouds above them.

Finally the centaur looks back at the troll, his face kinder, the muscles clearly tense around his eyes, trying to hold the look of contentment on his stiff, scaled face. "I apologize for my anger. I spent too long in hatred and pride, and I do not want it to gain a foothold in heart again. But you must understand, the way you spoke of killing every living thing in the desert to combat the vague threat the empire now faces...it was wrong. Violence must be an absolute last resort. Only when diplomacy has failed completely and utterly, should violence be accepted as an option. And even then, death cannot be the goal." As Sirenal speaks, his red eyes give off a sort of inner light, and he is able to put a compassionate look on his face.
    Show

Town Square execution.

24. - Top - End - #54

Kobold

The young gold dragon gave a visible, but at least reseved, chortle in response to the centaur's statement, the wyrmling coming to 'sit' off to the side of the two. "The threat of force should still be on the table," the dragon responded, adding in after the centaur was finished speaking. "To sit around and 'debate' while evil goes around ruining lives is a vile, despicable path. If any of the things we encounter don't listen to reason and do harm to the innocent, I won't shy my claws away."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Mayor Dosh speaks up
    I hope that there will be no trouble during your stay. And if I may offer input, is it possible that, should the need for violence arise, you simply make strikes aimed to disable rather than kill?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a generous offer however I don't plan on dropping my hat too frequently James says with a smile showing his sharp teeth. He listens carefully to Sirenal's words before replying I never intended to kill the entire desert, I was merely clarifying what we were supposed to do by stating something we most certainly wasn't supposed to do(shh it makes sense in his head). The centaur doesn't want to fight? Is he weak? We can make our focus diplomacy but if I refuse a challenge it would not only be dishonorable to me and us as a group but also to the challenger and I cannot do it.

Forces of evil ehh? So the dragoncrow is one of those guys he thinks although he remains silent and follows the debate.

Don't worry mayor Bosh. I like to allow my opponents to live, it usually bring a better challenge at a later point.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sirenal waits until all have spoken their piece, then responds to each in turn, starting with Kal.

"I understand your sentiment, my young friend, but remember that I would not be here myself if not for your parents' faith in me despite my past. Please understand that belief in a hope for redemption no matter how despicable the criminal is the farthest thing from cowardice. If I were willing to shy away from a righteous battle, I would have cast aside my blade years ago."

Then he turns to the metal man listening to their conversation. "Indeed, sir. I can promise you we will not disturb the peace of this place, and I share your feelings toward the avoidance of lethal force."

Finally, he looks back at James. He gives him a quizzical look (which is hard to distinguish from his angry face), trying to decide whether or not the troll is serious. "I am sorry that I misunderstood," he begins tentatively, "and I am relieved. May I ask, though, what takes more honor? To stand firm in dedication to peace, or to give in to violence because of pride?"
    Show

Town Square execution.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

There is no honor in ignoring challenge to the face James says with no doubt in his voice.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

The centaur looks at the troll, sadness apparent in his eyes. "I am sorry you feel that way. I pray you may learn to embrace forgiveness."
    Show

Town Square execution.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Mayor Dosh motions towards the opening in the wall.
    Now, if your dispute is settled, please, allow me to escort you into Snailsberg. Rooms have been prepared for you.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro