New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team 1)

The sun was high up in the sky, sending its bright rays of sunlight across the blue dome that covered the land. Clouds drifting about lazily as if unhurried about where they had to go and who they had to rain on. In the land squashed between the Land of Wind and the Land of Fire, a large collection of buildings marked the presence of one of the nigh-famous Hidden Shinobi villages. Concealed in the shadow of a massive overhang of stone and the huge tree that grew on its peak, a cool shade covered the town and most of the nearby lands in the valley. A large waterfall cascaded from the north end and became a river that travelled the entire length to exit out into forests and lakes. Birds flitted happily through the air and a quiet murmur was in the air. It always was, even if there was nobody actually awake and about, one mystery of this place.

A battered and burned wall surrounded this sleepy place, scars from battles long past marring its perfect white surface with three gates. One to the west, south, and north while the east side only had a gaping hole with construction crews scurrying about it. The interior of the village had the same scars as the wall that protected it though there was considerably more work done to repair the damages to it. Some buildings actually looked new and fresh. A sprawling noble complex with the symbol of the infamous Mibu clan. A tall and dome-like building in the center of the village, the residence and office of the village leader. And of course the Academy itself has been completely repaired and fixed. Fewer people then normal were bustling about the city but it was a healthy sort of buzz. The kind that showed that this village, despite its hardships was just beginning to recover from whatever tragedy had befallen it. Shops and restruants getting enough business to pull them by. Children playing in the street with toys. Wives or husbands putting clothes up on the line.

A simple day for many of the normal folk in the village of Kagekure, but it was one rocked by suspicion, scandal, and new faces. The entire village was abuzz with the news that three Jounin had gone missing from the village with naught a trace or sign of them. Supposedly the three teams of Genin under them were going to be getting new instructors today...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The heat was pleasant out today, not so hot for light clothes or too cold for heavy. That nice middle range that kids loved to play in and that people hated to waste by being idle. But this was no to be for three Genin. That morning a letter had been delivered to each child's home, detailing a small hill that most couples went to on dates. It overlooked a good portion of the village and it asked them to report there by noon to meet their new instructor. It was around 11:50 now...

((Giving you some time to arrive and talk to each other before your jounin arrives...))
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2007-04-21 at 08:51 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team A)

Michiko

Chiba Michiko idly climbed the slope of this particular hill, her hands tucked into her pockets, making no particular haste to the designated meeting spot. Casting a casual glance around, she pursed her lips just slightly before plopping down onto the grass, resting an elbow on her knee and her chin in her hand.

She sighed contentedly, staring at the clouds, letting the breezes play with her hair. Not a bad day to start a mission.

"As long as I don't end up with some stuck-up prodigy, I don't think I'll mind."

Closing her eyes, she chuckled softly to herself as the wind whispered through the grass and she stretched, arms and legs splayed out in a carefree gesture, then
    sprawling lazily on her back, one leg crossed over the other, her arms tucked behind her head.

Not a bad day at all.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio

Rio strolled calmly on his way. The music playing through his headphones was quiet, just enough to hear, not drown anyone out. Pausing a slight distance up the hill, he looked around for a moment. I wonder if I could get a sketch done before things get underway.

Dismissing the notion for the moment, he continued up the hill. As he neared the summit, Rio noticed another person laying down, admiring the clouds. Sliding the headphones off of his ears, he approached.

"Nice day for a first mission together, isn't it?" he asked, grinning before dropping to the ground near the girl.

"I'm Rio. How are you?"
    Last edited by Bariko; 2007-02-21 at 03:00 AM.

Avatar generously made by Zolkabro.

"When I give food to the poor, people call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." Dom Helder Camara

I need some more security than that provided by choosing between
    A job you hate, a job you hate and a job that doesn’t pay. - Bomb The Music Industry!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

The tall teenager swathed in black from head to toe, calmly ascending the hill, was the last to arrive. He didn't seem to notice the wonderful day, what with the blank expression his mask and specially-made eye lenses afforded him. He did happen to crane his head towards the sky once or twice, letting the sunlight reflect off of the mirror-like goggles before his journey towards the others had ended. Once his goal was reached, he simply nodded towards the two genin and sat down about twenty feet away, pulling his legs into the lotus position and resting the chis-gatana in a wooden sheath he had had strapped across his back over his lap.

So these are my teammates? he thought idly, watching them from behind that impassive mask, his real face carefully hidden from them, the sunlight, the world.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

5. - Top - End - #5

Michiko

Michiko heard the boy's footfalls up the slope, and she murmured almost discontentedly. "So much for solitude." At least I'll soon know who I'll be working with. Her mouth twisted wryly. And if they're tolerable.

She seemed to ignore his question, and after a moment she opened one eye, appraising the boy with an casual incuriosity before shrugging and returning her gaze to the clouds. She didn't even turn to address him, speaking with a quiet indifference.

"You're not exactly quiet, you know. And those headphones are a great way to walk face-first into an ambush."

She sat up and chuckled to herself, offering a small, self-satisfied grin.

"I'm Chiba Michiko, and you won't find a better scout than me."

Cocking her head, Michiko's gaze flickered over the dark-robed boy cradling his sword. She pursed her lips to suppress another laugh, settling for an amused smile. There's always one. Raising her voice to carry, she waved a quick hand at the sitting boy.

"Hey! You goin' to a funeral, or do other colors just make you look fat?"

Last edited by Catch; 2007-02-21 at 08:04 AM.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio

"Going formal, are we? Fine then, I'm Takahara Rio, tactics are one of my specialties. Good to see someone has a sense of humour. Last teammates were far too serious. Oh, and thanks for the warning on the headphones. I'm sorry if I didn't see the inherent danger in approaching my soon to be teammates in a secure area on a bright day. I'll endeavour to learn from your pristine example," he remarked dryly before laughing. "But seriously, nice to meet you, and I'm sure we'll get along fine."

Noticing the dark clothed youth, Rio surpressed a chuckle at Michiko's comment. Waving to the other youth slightly, he called out to him, "Hey! Come on over man, have a chat with us. What's your name, anyways?"
    Last edited by Bariko; 2007-02-21 at 10:52 AM.

"When I give food to the poor, people call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." Dom Helder Camara

A job you hate, a job you hate and a job that doesn’t pay. - Bomb The Music Industry!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

There was a significant pause as the boy in the mask turned to look at the other two genins, or more specifically Michiko, once more. One obviously couldn't read his facial expressions, but from the stiffness in his back he either looked annoyed or in some kind of pain.

"It was on sale." came his startingly baritone reply, cutting across the intervening distance like a knife. There was something off about it, though, and it didn't have anything to do with the mask mucking up the words. His w's, m's, and b's came out in a sort of whispering hiss. The cause wasn't immediately apparent, however.

It was then that he rose to his feet straight from that complicated sitting position, unfolding his legs and standing in the same motion like he was a puppet being pulled up on strings. Slipping the sword onto his back, he closed the gap in an unhurried stride and approached Rio.

"I am Ibaraki Masaru. Pleased to meet you." he bowed just his head and shoulders politely, but awkwardly, as if he wasn't used to performing the gesture. Almost as an afterthought, he looked over and nodded to Michiko as well.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team A)

A branch creaking in tree on the top of the hill was almost immiedetely identifiable to the three Genin. Up in the tree a kid sat on a branch, kicking his feet back and forth before jumping down from the branch to land at the base of the tree. A Kagekure headband was wrapped around his left thigh like a bandage signified him as some kind of ninja. Probably an Academy student from the looks of him. Black hair seemed to stick out everywhere as if he had just woken up and red streaks were throughout the mess of it.

"Hi!" He said cheerfully as he looked over the assembled Genin before counting them off on one finger. "One...two...three..Alright..now I just need to wait.." What he was waiting for became abudantly clear as he looked down at a plain looking wrist watch. It was exactly noon before he moved again.

Pine green eyes stared at the three as he reached behind himself and withdrew an envelope.

Opening it, he pulled out a slip of paper and coughed before began reading from it. "Greetings Genin. Unfortunately I will not be able to join you for our first meeting, not until later. Urgent business has occupied my time. For the time being please get to know each other. My little brother will give you my instructions once you have. -Keimatsu" He said in a light tenor voice and clutched the letter, which obviously held more documents, to him as if it was a life saver. "Any questions?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

9. - Top - End - #9

Michiko

Michiko arched a disapproving eyebrow at the boy, but if she was otherwise irritated, it did not show, and she stood in one fluid movement, resting a gloved hand on her hip, regarding him with a blue brook-no-nonsense gaze.

"Unless you plan on divulging were your brother is or what exactly was so important to keep him occupied, you could start by explaining what else is in that letter."
    Last edited by Catch; 2007-02-21 at 08:57 PM.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

The boy (looks no older then 12) blinks as he is met with the no nonsense look from the older girl before blinking slowly. "My teacher and brother always told me that your supposed to keep news about high ranking missions secret. So I can't tell you where he IS only where he WILL be. And the rest of the things in the letter are supposed to wait. It has your mission in it."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Masaru

Not having moved from over where he was by Rio, Masaru observed the young boy quietly. He had been quiet enough in that tree that none of the other Genins had spotted him until he chose to reveal himself. It said something about the skill of the boy's brother and teacher that he could do that. It made Masaru...eager...to begin his missions and training with the Jounin, but he was also curious about the child as well. For all he knew, the little boy could be a Chuunin himself, a prodigy. He had no idea.

"What's your name?" he asked the boy quietly, clasping his hands in front of his belt and trying to look as unfrightening as possible. It wasn't easy, considering the wide shoulders, black bodysuit, armor, and impassive blank mask he always wore. His sword he attempted to keep behind him, making it look more like a cane than a martial instrument.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2007-02-22 at 01:14 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

The kid held Michiko's gaze for a long second before turning to the black form of Masaru. Traveling up his body until he was looking the older boy in the face he coughed and blushed lightly. "My parents named me Ami."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

The black-clad ninja inclined his head towards the boy, balling a fist and palming it with his other hand in a small martial art sign of respect among peers. Since the boy was, at the very least, a genin and a fellow shinobi, it applied. "Ami-kun, would you please tell us what we should do next?" he asked evenly, no evidence of any kind of patronizing evident in his flat, deep voice.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio

Rio sat back, paying attention to what the boy said, and Masaru's conversation.

"Yeah, yeah. We should get things going, I suppose. We've all introduced ourselves, so what's the next part, Ami?" he asked.

He chuckled towards Michiko. "He's under orders from his brother, who just happens to be a jounin, our jounin, so let's ease off of him a bit. Besides, we can always take it up with his older brother later. Might be good for a laugh," he grinned.

15. - Top - End - #15

Michiko

Michiko shrugged casually at Rio, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her gray jacket, offering the kid an appraising look.

"You must have something more than what you've told us, Ami. Otherwise, Keimatsu-sensei would have instructed you to explain his absence and then leave."

She leaned forward slightly, an expectant look in her eyes, the hint of a grin touching the corners of her mouth.

"So whatcha got for us, kid?"

Last edited by Catch; 2007-02-22 at 12:25 PM.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Ami looks around at the assembled ninja, as if seeing if they want to spend more time or not, before nodding and opening up the envelope once more. This time he removed three shinobi tags from inside of the envelope and held them out to the Genin. "Next, your supposed to put on these tags. Onii-chan said their supposed to remain on you during the course of the entire mission. If they fall off then your mission has failed."

He waits patiently for the three to take the tags before pulling out a sealed scroll from inside of the envelope, seal unbroken, and holds it out as well. "And this has your mission on it."

17. - Top - End - #17

Michiko

Michiko reached out to pluck one of the tags from the boy's grasp, turning it over in her hands with a curious look.

"These are some sort of seal, I think..." she murmured tracing the calligraphy with her finger. Looking up, she shot a questioning glance to the boy, then frowned. "Should I even bother asking you what they're for?"

With a sigh, Michiko let the charcoal-grey jacket fall off her shoulders, revealing her form-fitting mesh beneath and unceremoniously stuck the seal between her shoulderblades. Shrugging back into her jacket, she arched an eyebrow at the boy with a level stare.

"There. Now what's this 'mission' all about?"
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio

Reaching out to Ami, Rio took one of the tags. Examining it closely, Rio stiffens slightly. (Craft: Calligraphy check to determine the type of tag 1d20+15=30 success!)

With a tiny grin, Rio chuckles. "Heh. These are sealing tags. If they get activated, we lose the ability to use any chakra control, ninjutsu or genjutsu techniques. We also will have a far more difficult time of using chakra to activate anything, such as my own tags. Luckily, they can not be activated until the activator is within ten feet of the tags."

Rio removes his shoe and seals the tag to his foot before replacing his shoe. "Still, an order is an order. I wonder what your brother has in store for us, eh Ami?" he asked, reaching out a hand for the scroll. Taking it from Ami, he unseals the scroll, and begins reading.
    Last edited by Bariko; 2007-02-23 at 01:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

Masaru didn't seem to react to the revelation of the seal's purpose. In fact, he almost didn't seem to be listening. He simply internalized the knowledge and at last, he nodded softly in acknowledgement.

Letting the others handle the scroll, Masaru took the last tag Ami passed out to him and turned his back on them. He walked around to the other side of the tree in order to lift his mask for just a moment and slap the tag onto his forehead before pulling it back into place. He figured that was about the safest possible spot for the seal, since he wouldn't be taking his mask off any time soon.

Shifting his sword to the other shoulder, Ibaraki returned to the group to recieve the details of their mission.
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2007-02-23 at 12:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Michiko

Michiko cocked her head as she watched Masaru slip behind a tree, bearing a look of casual interest. He must have major skin issues. She tapped her foot impatiently as she waited, crossing her arms with a twist of her mouth, the tag between her shoulderblades seeming to itch, and she shrugged irritably as if to subdue the feeling.

This is hardly a real mission. It's just another ridiculous test by another weirdo Jounin with more creativity than practical sense. She sighed and shook her head to no one in particular. When am I going to be taken seriously as a ninja? There's no way to prove myself worthy of tough missions if I never get the chance to go on any in the first place.

Noticing that the black-clad boy had returned--she shot him a quick glare--Michiko turned to Rio with an expectant glance, raising her brows in a silent question.

"Well now that Tall, Dark, and Anti-Social is back, how about you share what's in that scroll?"

It's going to be stupid, I just know it.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Once Marasu had returned to join the other two, Ami seemed to lose interest in the whole thing. Instead he went back up into the tree and resumed his spot on the branch.

Scrolled across the inside of the scroll, in rather sloppy hand writing:

"By now I shall assume that you've heard the basic instructions that I have given to Ami. I'm sure that these seems like some sort of childish quiz, but I assure you that I am deadly serious about it. You'll figure out, as you grow as ninja, that you'll acquire enemies from the missions that you complete. It is because of this that I ask a favor of you. I fear that some old foes have taken advantage of the fact that I am not in Kagekure to deal me a personal blow and have targeted Ami as the source of their rage. Unfortunately, the nature of the mission I'm on requires me to stay on task and I cannot return to protect him personally. He's not even aware of this threat, and I would prefer he remains that way. Your mission is protection and escorting. I have established safe housing for my brother by the east gate of the village and its your duty to escort him there. While no actual shinobi may have been hired its a very real probability that thugs have, be wary and alert. The tags I gave you will suppress your chakra signatures and make you stand out less to unfriendly eyes, once their activated that is. Before you begin your mission, activate the seals and proceed immiedetely to the safe house, you'll know it when you see it. I know I limit you with these tags so I give you allowance to use any force required to complete the task as fast as possible. -Keimatsu

Rio read the scroll carefully, then once more before holding it out more to give Michiko and Masaru a chance to read it themselves.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

The black-clad teen caught and held Michiko's stare when he returned, challenging her to say something about what he hid from them. He followed her with the mirrored-lenses of his mask as she strolled back to Rio and displayed more of her charming wit by ridiculing him again. Only when she had been given time to read the document did he draw nearer to Rio and peruse the scroll himself.

When Masaru had finished reading, he nodded to Rio in a wordless attempt to get him to put the scroll away. It wouldn't be prudent to let Ami read something alarming over their shoulders. Of course, Masaru would rather have told the child everything, but as their instructions were quite specific, Ami would just have to be kept in the dark.

Sensei is putting the safety of his family in the hands of a team of genin he has not even met yet? I wonder if this is all just a test? Nevertheless, we cannot afford to fail.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Michiko

Michiko met the boy's eyes--that mask was rather disconcerting--and flashed him a toothy grin and a wink. What a weirdo. Reading over Rio's shoulder, Michiko nodded to herself in understanding, though a frown slowly began to crease her features. She stood pursing her lips and staring at no one in particular, arms crossed across her chest and she tapped a foot in consternation.

This sounds reasonable, but there's too many unanswered questions here for me to buy it at the market price. If Ami is in danger, why send him outside the village unprotected to find us? Why us, and not a more experienced squad? And if the seals are only to suppress our chakra signatures, then why would the mission fail if we removed them? And at that, what kind of assassins are we facing that can sense individual chakra signatures, especially in a village full of ninja? There's something else going on, but I need to find out more before I'm sure.

Turning to Rio and Masaru, Michiko caught both of their eyes, muttering as softly as she could. "Watch, and play along."

Walking casually towards the tree where Ami reclined, Michiko smoothed her face to stillness, then displayed a mischievous smile. The kid's got to know something, and he has to follow us one way or another.

"You plan on sittin' in a tree all day? Let's go get some lunch in the village, I'm starving!"
    Last edited by Catch; 2007-02-23 at 10:13 AM.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

The kid seemed surprised that Michiko was speaking to him again, pausing before falling out of the tree once more. Landing lightly he walked over with a dubious look on his face. "Uh.....won't this interfere with your mission? I don't want to get you in trouble..." He said slowly.

25. - Top - End - #25

Michiko

She shrugged and waved a dismissive hand. "Nah, it doesn't start for a while, so there's no harm. And unless you have a bento or four stuffed down your pants, it looks like the best place to get some food is back in the village."

Grinning, she gestured for him to follow as she made her way back to where Masaru and Rio were standing.

"Honestly, I think your brother would want you to hang out with us. We'd be quite the positive influence on your development," she chuckled. The development of you not winding up dead.
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Rio

After the others had been able to read the scroll, Rio rolled it back up and put it away.

This doesn't make much sense. Tactically, he should have sent Ami to another squad, one which could better protect him. He doesn't even know our abilities. And yet, we can't afford to take the chance. I don't even know what these two can really do. Time to find out I suppose.

"Hey, Ami, wait there for a minutes, I just have to ask these two something about the mission."

Making sure he catches the eye of Masaru and Michiko, Rio activates his seal and immediately feels his chakra level diminish. It is a disconcerting feeling, but apparently a necessary one.

Leaning close to Michiko and beckoning Masaru closer he whispers, "Michiko, you told me you're a scout right? We'll need you keeping a good eye out. The scroll says Ami is not to know about the danger, and the best way for that to be is if we avoid conflict. We're definitely going to need your eyes here. Masaru, sorry, but I have no idea what you have for talent. Though with that sword, if we run into trouble, you may have to deal with it."

Rio straightens up and flashes a grin towards Ami, "Yo, Ami. Let's go get some food huh? I'm pretty sure we can get some at this place by the east gate. Let's get a move on."
    Last edited by Bariko; 2007-02-23 at 11:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

The kid looked ready to follow after Michiko to the others when he was asked to stay back and wait for a couple of minutes. Standing there a bit listlessly before walking back up when Rio spoke to him. "If you guys don't think it'll be a problem then I guess I could...We can't go out too long though, I have night training with my sensei at eight.." He said with a shrug, not seeming to care either way. Apparently his only mission here had been to deliver the letter..

((For come clearing up, the hill your on is IN the village, but its higher up then most of it.))

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Ibaraki Masaru

Nodding curtly to Rio, Masaru fell into step beside Ami, trying to make it look as if he was just going along with the group. He figured since the others tended to blend into crowds more easily, they could take the wings. Masaru would put himself into the most awkward situation he could think of and try to make friends with a child...
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2007-02-24 at 02:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Michiko

Michiko gives a quick nod to Rio, casting a perfunctory glance around the area before falling in stride. Though a small knot of worry had begun to form in the back of her mind, she refused to acknowledge it, instead donning her usual cheeky grin.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot check: 1d6+6=7
    Listen check: 1d6+6=11

"The East gate? The tea shop there has great unagi." She chuckled, nudging Ami in the ribs, "Since we're showing you the way, you get to pay for lunch."
    Yotsubatar by Dr. Bath

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Ami looks up towards Michiko with a surprised look when she mentions that he'd have to pay for lunch, brow furrowing for a moment before he continued along beside Masaru. Grumbling under his breath about "cheap Genin" and "freeloaders" as they went down into Kagekure.

Michiko kept an eye out on the spattering of people on the streets, looking for suspicious activities and finding none. Though there were a couple of moments that aroused suspicion such as seeing a Shadow Chuunin or Academy student on the street.

Kagekure seemed to get into worse and worse condition as they approached the east gate district. Repairs had been done on most of the rest of the city except for this place. It had born the brunt of the attack and most of the families or individuals who had lived here before hand had perished in the attack. With no residents to live there it kept the rebuilders of the village reluctant to fix up "empty vessels" as they called them. It was hard not to think about these things as the four kids walked through the buckled and unnervingly smooth streets. "Their wrong you know...Onii-chan and I keep on hearing the complaints about this district, about the money it'd take to fix empty homes but their not empty...people put their lives into making these buildings..they raised families in them...and people died protecting this place. Did you know East District used to have two hundred and twenty residents by itself? Thats almost half of the villages current population...and close to forty shinobi died trying to push the enemy back at this invasion point. To defend these homes. Make ya sad, doesn't it?" Ami remarked, green eyes going from building to building as if watching something only he could see and hear. Abruptly he turned to Masaru. "Hey...I don't know anything about you...are you a good swordsman?"