New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is able to push through the physical aspects of Taka's training regimen just fine, but when it comes time for chakra related exercise and training, the swordsman finds he is running on empty. His legs give way from underneath him.

"Sensei... I can do no more..."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

After briefly sparring with Enuferiu, Kaori takes to sitting down on the grass.

He closes his eyes and leaves both his hands palm-up on his lap. Although it may appear that he is doing nothing, anyone close enough can feel the air around him buzzing with chakra-related energy.

Before the training is done, the air is so disturbed about him that a mini electrical storm is raging on, chibi-style, like a snow-globe in which the genin is the focal point.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team 4

The time that all of them were given to relax seemed to pass slowly for the three genin. For some it was a chance to relax and heal up after heavy trials while for others it was more a period of study and teaching then one for rest. However after the first day neither sight nor sound of Taka was seen, though a glimpse of Motoko dressed in funeral robes suggested the Jounin was putting her own personal affairs in order.

A day later however, all three awoke in their respective homes to find that a letter had been left in their mail boxes. Each one of them was instructed to report to the Kage's building in order to receive their very own 'real' mission. The Kage building was a short squat building that looked more like a large bunker instead of the seat of the village's leader, built for defensive purposes instead of aesthitics.

Inside they found their jounin standing in front of the door that lead into the meeting room and once all of them had assembled, she stepped forward and opened the door up. Inside of the airy wooden chamber were the three people charged with handing out missions to the squads. In the middle was a man that everyone had at least heard of, Ihesamo Kinzen (Japanese way of saying the name so last name first), and on the right and left were the two councilors.

In front of the three lay a plain teak case that had two purple ropes tied around it and into a bow in the middle.

"Greetings Taka-chan. As always its a pleasure to have you back in active duty. And your team seems to be very well off, though a bit rough around the edges. I have a simple enough mission for Team 4 today. In front of you is a sword crafted by the swordsmith Tsuma and that was sold to a rather prosperous lord who was assissanated recently. With his customers death Tsuma is paying for his blade to be brought to his residence in the Land of Bears. It's a C-Rank mission so I'm not expecting any serious problems. Any questions?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Enuferiu

After collecting the letter from the boxes downstairs, Enuferiu is relieved upon reading it.

At least it didn't end up pinned to my head., he thinks. Still, if only to be certain the Jounin was normal, he returns to his apartment to asses the quantity of milk in his fridge.

-----

Enferiu enters the meeting room looking entirely prepared and exactly on time. Underneath a light brown and green camouflage cloak, some form of light armor could be made out. On he head were a pair of goggles with dark, honeycombed lenses. On his back was a pack with specially built straps, as well as the thin and long cloth wrapped weapon he had built. At his hip hung both a shruiken holster and kama with a blade of dull looking steel.

Once Ihesamo is finished, he raises his hand. "That sounds pretty strait forward. Is there anything peculiar about Mr. Tsuma that could be slightly problematic in delivery? An awkward schedule, strong phobia's or the like?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Except for a brief glance at Enuferiu, Mitsuhide doesn't to much to move out of his stance of respectful attention, nor does he speak. Enu has already asked the question that popped into his mind; there's no point in repeating it.

At his waist today is the sword he used back in that first night, during Taka's test. Actually, he looks much the same as he ever does, but for the fact that he's not beaten and battered for once, and the small black and grey object he holds in his hands.

The young genin waits patiently to be dismissed. In truth, he was looking forward to this mission. Meeting a swordsmith is an exciting prospect, to say the least...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori chooses not to speak or move, simply listening to the Proxy-Kage's instruction.
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-05-10 at 11:42 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team 4

((OOC Note: Kinzen isn't a Kage, Kagekure is currently Kage-less. Kinzen is more of a stand-in.))

"No, I don't foresee anything of that nature being problematic to the mission. I suspect that the worse you'd deal with is someone else trying to retrieve the blade, if anyone. And a low chance of that as well. If that is all..." Kinzen waited for a moment or two to see if any other questions were raised by you before nodding to one of the people at his side. The attendant rose up from his seat and lifted the package, carrying it over to the team and holding it out to Taka.

Though she took it readily enough, the jounin waited for the squad to leave the room before tossing it towards Enuferiu. "Here. One of you carry it." Was all that she said before leading the three out of the Kage's building...

----------------------------------------

Your jounin leads you out of the south gate, towards the entrance of the valley that Kagekure lays in. Once out from underneath of the massive overhang, the light seems brighter then it does in the village but thats to be expected. A raggedy stream of villagers and lords alike trek down towards the beaten up shinobi village, most likely the suppliers of missions, while there hardly seemed to be anyone that was heading out into the world that looked like a ninja.

There was a vibrant and bright feeling in the air, as if life was flourishing outside of the village and birds were singing lightly in the air. Taka seems a bit miserable as she squints around to the sides of the dirt road for signs of suspicion or threats. Its a long walk to the Land of Bears.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

After a short while, Kaori yawns and turns to his team.

"Eh, guys... shouldn't we move faster? We'll get the job done quicker and we'll be harder to find for potential bandits."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Enuferiu

As the squad steps out into the sun from the perpetual shadow of the valley, Enuferiu almost stumbles onto the ground. After catching himself, he moves the goggles on his head over his eyes with his free hand (the other occupied with the package)

"Well," he points out with some embarrasment, "I could move a little faster if you helped carry some of my stuff. I brought a little more than neccesary in my pack, so it might help to spread it out. Unless, can anyone carry an extra forty pounds?"
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-05-11 at 01:32 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Immediately upon leaving the village, Mitsuhide takes the object he was carrying, which turns out to be a mask, and puts it on, obscuring his face from the nose down, like all good ninja masks do.

He glances over at Enuferiu's back.

"40 pounds? That wouldn't be a problem, only... if you don't mind my asking, why did you bring so much along? What exactly are you carrying?"

11. - Top - End - #191

Enuferiu

Enuferiu turns his head skyward as he list the contents of his backpack."Mostly the usual, really; a few extra sets of clothes and alternate camouflage cloaks, a pair of magazines, a notebook, and some pens. I believe I put a couple smoke bombs in there as well. However, half of the weight comes from the tools I'm carrying." While speaking, he casually presses down on the clasp over his chest to unbuckle the straps to his bag. Grasping the two left straps, he holds the bag out to Mitsuhide.

"I'm good at laying traps, so I'd like to be able to put that skill to use if it becomes necessary. Those tools will make that possible. On top of that, when I see something interesting, I like to be able to take it apart. You know, to find out how it works."

Enuferiu looks down, humbly. "It's sort of a hobby."
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-05-14 at 11:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

Travel for the large part seemed to be a dull expierence for the three genin and their jounin instructor. Taka seemed adamant about not communicating with the three boys under her command and seemed generally surly when they tried. That only left each other for company.

For the most part, not much of the scenery changed as the squad moved from Kagekure to the Land of Bears, though vegatation was withering away the closer and closer that they all came to the border of the country. About the only real difference was the style of clothing and mannerisms of the people that they passed along the road.

It was only about a day from the border that the four come across a purple velvet tent set up at roadside with a wooden sign out in front with the image of an eye on the front of it. Your jounin perks up a little bit at the sight of the tent and a bit of a skip comes into her step as she looked over her shoulder to the Genin. "Hey, we're take a brief stop here and get our fortunes told. Maybe if we're lucky then they'll come true."

Without much of a choice in the matter the three of you approach the tent and catch sight of a smaller sign above the tent flap, signaling that customers could only enter one at a time and Taka gives a disgruntled sigh. "Well damn. Which one of you is going first?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

"Ladies first. Taka-sensei should enter..."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is suddenly very glad to be wearing a mask - it makes the task of hiding his lack of enthusiasm for current events much, much easier. And since Taka seemed determined that they should all do this, well... he certainly wasn't going to be the one to contradict her. The feeling as though he was always on thin ice with his sensei hadn't left him since he'd first seen her pin Kaori to a wall...

"If Taka-sensei defers to us, then I will go. Or else after her..."

15. - Top - End - #195

Enuferiu

"I don't have any trust in this sort of performance," he says almost as expected. Who but the 'book worm' would not believe in such a joke as astrology?"But I'm not one to let preconceptions stand in the way of fun. I think I'll go last in line for this one."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

The jounin rolled her eyes and gave a small sigh. "Never thought I'd see the day when a bunch of Genin would be nervous about having their fortunes told by some cranky old woman with a genetic defect. Fine, I'll go first but you guys better be ready for when I'm done." And with a slightly amused expression she parted the curtain of the tent and entered into the classicly dim-light interior of the cloth building.

((You of course have osme time to chat but I'm going to fast forward nonetheless.))
    ------------------------------

It was some time until Taka came back out of the inside of the tent, a good fifteen minutes perhaps and you can hear the sound of laughter every now and then. When she finally did emerge, the jounin was still chuckling lightly and brushing a hint of moisture from the corner of one eye. A mirthful expression on her face as she gestured with one hand to the tent.

"Ha ha ha...G-go on in. This will be funny if nothing else."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The time passes in relative silence for Mitsuhide, as the young genin prefers to keep quiet and wonder about the nature of the laughter emanating from the tent. Already, an eyebrow arches its way up his forehead, and he gives a very confused glance to his teammates just before Taka exits. And when she does, he is wearing that same look on his face.

With a shrug, Mitsuhide steps forward, and enters the tent.

Not long thereafter, he exits the tent, shaking his head.

"That was... interesting."
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2007-05-22 at 10:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori waits patiently outside whilst Taka and then Mitsuhide go into the fortune tellers tent. When it is finally his turn, he stretchs out a little and enters the tent, straightening his mask as he enters.

Kaori sits in the tent and listens to the fortune teller for a while before emerging some moments later, thankful for the mask to cover much of his face.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori waits patiently outside whilst Taka and then Mitsuhide go into the fortune tellers tent. When it is finally his turn, he stretchs out a little and enters the tent, straightening his mask as he enters.

Kaori sits in the tent and listens to the fortune teller for a while before emerging some moments later, thankful for the mask to cover much of his face.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200

Enuferiu

Enuferiu closes his eyes, and seems almost to fall asleep while waiting for the others. However, a curious raise of his eyebrow and a slow march into the tent as Kaori exits proves otherwise.

On his way out, his approach back to the group is marked by an obviously distant and contemplative mind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

His face paler than usual, Kaori obsessively straightens out his gloves and wipes down his sashes and clothes.

"So guys, how did it go, eh?"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Enuferiu

Enuferiu changes attitude quite quickly, seeming almost cheerful for participating in the event. "Definetily interesting. I'd never guess a fortune-teller to say something that specific. Vauge, yes, but much better than 'Investigate possibilities for finance to achieve wealth'. Plus, there's something really nice to being refered to by a title."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori quickly snaps a look at Eneferiu, eyes wide, before averting his gaze and grunting in acknowledgment.

"Eh. It's all just a bit of fun though, isn't it. No need to read too deeply, right?"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204

Enuferiu

Enuferiu turns to stare in kind at Kiori, his goggles hiding any accompanying expression. His voice trails with some pretension, like a teacher. "Of course it should be read deeply. Otherwise, it's just a phrase full of nonsense. Fortunes are supposed to be without context, allowing the receiver to fill in the gaps by himself. The fun part is, how many different ways can you look at what you've been told?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well now I feel ripped off since all I got was 'seek answers among those who are and never there.' How vague is that?" Taka replied with a snort a bit of a sigh. Turning Taka gave a gesture to those under her command and once more begins to lead you towards the Land of Bears.

It didn't take long before you all reach the treacherous valley that surrounded the land and was filled with a poisonous mist. However it appeared as if Taka had come prepared though and had a gas mask for the each of you. Soon even that minor road block was gone and you finally reached the interior of the land of Bears. Up ahead a sign post pointed off down the two different paths and proclaimed the names of the town's at each. Taka took the left one without even hesitating towards a town called Owei.

---------------------

Another day passed before you reach the outlying buildings of the border town and there was a signifigant difference between the village of Kagekure and this town. It was busy and vibrant. None of that staleness that came with the rebuilding efforts. Buildings were built squater and the streets weren't paved either with few passerbys going up and down the streets.

"Alright team, spread out and find out were this guy lives. Shouldn't be too hard. I'll go book us an inn to stay the night in and we'll meet up there."

26. - Top - End - #206

Enuferiu

Enuferiu takes the gas mask with his head bowed, being the only one not to bring one himself. He quickly puts the mask on, completely hiding his facial expressions from view.

Before Taka even finishes giving her orders, Enuferiu has already wandered off and out of sight. He goes around town taking in the local color, and collecting local newspapers, zines, and tabloids out of curiosity and for the articles of information contained there-in. On the walks in between stalls, he purchases a few household chemicals and begins to fashion them together inside thin soap blocks.

(OOC:
    Research - (1d20+10)[23], to find Tsuma's residence, or the locations of local smiths.
    Research Time - (1d4)[3], in hours
    Take 10 three times, Craft(Chemical) check 14, create 3 improvised explosives. Take 10 for wealth check for materials. (1d6 Dmg, 5ft, DC 10 Ref)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Since he is already wearing one, Mitsuhide turns down the gas mask.

"Mother insists I wear a mask at all times when not in the village.

...Apparently, she is wiser than I had realized."

While somewhat interested in discussing the fortune teller with his teammates (and slightly surprised at this), now is not the time, and he'd rather not let Taka hear such a conversation anyway. Instead, he offers his sensei a brief bow before heading off into town to search for the home of the sword smith.

The young genin's search winds up looking much more like sight seeing than actual searching. Which is not to say he's not looking - he is - but this is the first time he's ever been allowed to roam outside of Kagekure. He pokes around a lot, and see what there is to buy, thoroughly enjoying himself... despite being shouldered with all of the gear.

((I think we can count this as taking 20 on a gather information check. Or 10, if you prefer, but this is one of those "no stone unturned" type situations))

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

In contrast to his team mates, Kaori is very disinterested in the village and it's appeals. Kaori, utilizing his Chouyaku no Jutsu, travels quickly via the rooftops to anywhere that looks like it might be to do with metalworking, almost exclusively.

Should he find anywhere, he bows to the occupants in turn and explains in the simplest, vaguest terms his predicament and mission. When he is in his professional stride, Kaori knows that the mission and the success of his village is paramount, and discretion and invisiblity are vital tools to the shinobi in his work.

(I agree, I doubt we're threatened so taking twenty should be fine. Treat Kaori as always making Sense Motive checks and perception checks though, as he is being cautious not to let up anything he shouldn't)
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

Owei was a disorganized little town that didn't really have much going for it. Or at least thats what it seemed like to the various genin running all about to find Tsuma. Most of the shops held vegetables and food stuffs and there weren't very many places to stay either. At least there wouldn't be too much trouble finding the place that Taka had picked for them to stay at.

Despite the inherent chaos of the place, it didn't take very long to find out were Tsuma lived either. North part of town, building a bit larger then the others. Blue roof and purple paint. Nothing exactly too fancy. And the three were told to return to their leader first...

Before too long the three of them were reunited back at the inn with no truly extradonary incidences befalling them. Though Mitsuhide had to dodge a horse that had thrown its rider and an odd swarm of flies was following Kaori and Enu both.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori goes to the desk and inquires to the room, showing his ninja license to the innkeeper for good measure.

"Can you say where I can find my sensei?"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show