New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Enuferiu

Bothered by the swarm of flies following him, Enuferiu stops and takes a moment to contemplate. After a few moments, he makes several hands seals to create a shuriken made of lightning, and uses it as a fly swatter and bug zapper. On the way to the inn, he can be seen having fun trying to bat the flies down.

At the inn, he joins Kaori at the counter. "She should have purchased a room for us, under 'Okabashi, Taka'."

(OOC: Take ten on Ninjutsu Check; Raishuriken no Jutsu
    Chakra Control - (1d20+10)[29]; 2 Chakra for 4 Stamina)
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-05-27 at 11:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide is not far behind his companions, but by this point, has little to add to the conversation. He simply waits for the innkeeper to respond, standing quietly behind Kaori and Enuferiu.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

Enu's renewed assault on the flies had them confused as the fly air forces struggled to adapt to the new fly killing tactic. Half of their number died that very day before they rallied for a new assault. One fly in particular seemed to be the focus of the new assault from the biting and suddenly mean-spirited flies. The kid gloves had been taken off and they weren't in the kind mood!

-------------------

The innkeeper looked up as the three teenagers approached his desk, looking like he was about to tell them to get lost since they obviously couldn't afford his fine service or rooms. Until the ninja license was pulled out and there was such a rapid turnabout it was almost as if his head had spun around to reveal one that had been on the back of the first one.

"Ah, ah yes. Lady Okabashi said that there would be others joining her this evening. She did not say that they were...children. Your on the second floor, 5th door on the left young master." Came the sickeningly sweet reply as he pulled out a spare key from underneath of the desk with the room number on it as well.

True to his word, the key they were given indeed opened up the door he said that their sensei was behind. Inside was a....well Taka must have paid out the noise for the room because it was downright fancy. Expensive wood and a nice carpet. Not to mention everything just plain snazzy!

And their jounin was hanging from the ceiling like a piece of meat. Er...well an excercising piece of meat. Two kunai had been dug into the wood of a ceiling beam, a fair distance apart and Taka had one in each hand. Hanging with her feet off of the floor, she was sweating and panting as she pulled herself up agonizingly slowly unto the top of her head hit the wood and lowering herself back down. Sweat trickled in slow rivulets down her back, soaking through the plain ol' customary black ninja gi and she was facing away from the doorway. Still she didn't stop as the genin came into the room and began another slow ascent. One could see the muscles spasming underneath of her skin.

"Well? Did you find Tsuma?"
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"He lives in a building, slightly larger than the others around it, with a blue roof and purple paint on the North side of town. We can make the delivery whenever you'd like us to, sensei..."

Mitsuhide avails himself of this opportunity to set the gear down on the ground before returning his attention to Taka. Her workout routine is impressive, and not one he's seen before. It raises a question in the back of his mind: what, precisely, does his sensei specialize in?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods, finding a piece of furniture and leans against it.

"We could go right away, but perhaps we should leave it until tomorrow and cover each other. Eh, This is a low-rank mission but it's possible we'll be up against something so i'd rather do it after a good nights rest with able back-up."

Kaori turns to Taka, tilting his head to the right a little.

"Eh, Taka-sensei"
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

"Good work then." Taka replied as she pulled herself back up into the air for one more before letting go and landing lightly on her feet. Still sweating, the jounin left the kunai up in the wooden beams and crossed the floor to a red paneled door and entered into the bathroom calling out to the genin from behind the door. "We'll stay the night then and go see Tsuma in the morning. You have the rest of the night off to do what you want and pick a place to sleep cause the bed is mine."

((Just lemme know what your doing during the night if anything or put it in your post.))
    --------------------------------------------------

Morning seemed to come all too swiftly with the fierce rays of sunlight burning into the your eyelids. Another thing that came to the senses was that of burning bacon, the source of which was laying in a messy frying pan on the stove counter and a plate next to it. The entire apartment seems eerily quiet, with nary a sound coming from any of the rooms but the one you all lurk in. A quick and subtle investigation would reveal two very very important facts.

Taka was gone.

And so was the sword case...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

7. - Top - End - #217

Enuferiu

After waking up and analyzing the room, he steps forward to the area the sword was in and gives it a good look. He walks around to look at every angle and then pronounces, "Looks like I forgot to set the trap last night. Funny."

Enuferiu proceeds to the remnants of bacon on the stove, and gives a firm look of disdain at the greasy, and now cooked rare, strips. Without further thought, he opens the door and stops. "I'm going to go find someplace to get some breakfast. Wanna come? I'll pay."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

When dismissed, Kaori bows to his sensei and throws a salute to his genin teammates before backing back out the door.

"A bit of Kaori time, right? See y'all in a while."

Immediately, Kaori takes off like a deer hearing a gunshot, out of sight ensuring he is not followed. The shinobi returns a few hours later, and quietly slinks back into the room before sleeping.

---------------------------------

The next morning, Kaori notices the lack of Taka, which instills him with relief and terror in equal measure. Only when it is pointed out does he notice the case is also gone.

He turns to Enuferiu.

"Enu-kun, forgive me."

He smiles and scratches his head.

"Eh... I would dearly like to accompany you for food, but perhaps later. I want to rush to Tsuma's place, to see if he has the package. If not we may have problems, and by the looks of it, trained and stealthy killer problems..."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

At the mention of free time, Mitsuhide flexes the fingers on his right hand, which make surprisingly loud popping noises. He looks at his hand for a moment, slightly perturbed, before bowing and stepping out the door not long behind Kaori. He returns several hours later, having somewhat obviously tried to squeeze some training time into the mission.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He awakes the next morning almost expecting something to have gone wrong. Perhaps it had simply been the nature of his dreams that night, but whatever the cause of his sudden bout of pessimism, it was well placed this morning. He frowns at the place where the case should be, then turns to Enuferiu.

"The offer is appreciated, but I agree with Kaori-san. I would be feel more at ease knowing what happened to our charge than I would with a full stomach..."

He bows politely, but it is not long before he is out the door, waiting only if no one else comes with him.

10. - Top - End - #220

Enuferiu

As Mitsuhide makes his way out, he follows, motioning for Kaori to come along as well. He catches up and walks beside Mitsuhide as they make their way down the hall.

"Well, let's think about it," he says with his lost-sounding voice, "If something bad happened in the night, Sensei had no reason to be quite about dealing with it. Proof of so, we slept peacefully. If she only found out until this morning, why make breakfast? There's no sign of a fight, or forced entry, or even a kunai in the door as a message that somethings going down. My view is, she just wanted to deliver it before our target left to go work so that we can leave quickly, and thought she could do it herself.

"So, why don't we take our time and grab something to eat on the way over to confirm all this? I'd much rather track a missing teacher on a full stomach."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori frowns as he leaves to follow Mitsuhide.

"Well-"

He is cut off by a loud growling from his stomach. Turning on his heal, he laughs.

"Hmm. Maybe we should get something to eat en route!"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Mitsuhide pauses a moment before sighing, and turning around to face his companions.

"... You both make interesting points. All right then, but please try to be quick about this."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori stands out of the way of the doorway.

"Please, lead the way, Enu-kun!"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team B

With a new goal in mind, to eat ones fill and then go to Tsuma's household, the three set out with determination in their step and hunger in their bellies. Enu leads the squad to a nice rustic looking 'rice shack' ordering only a half a bowl for himself. He even bought breakfast for Mitsuhide and Kaori, a nice assortment of fried fish and sauce (not to mention rice). After a rather filling meal, you continue on to were you had been directed to at Tsuma's house.

It didn't exactly prove hard to find the building, after all it did have rather noticable colors all around it. But getting in looked like would be a harder task. Especially when one considered the ten foot high metal fence. But thought it looked sturdy, the gate was unlocked and pushed open. Glancing at each other with just a hint of trepidation, you enter past the gate to a well maintained yard and garden. Something was...well let us say the ninja sense is a tingling...it just doesn't feel right...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Entering the compound, Kaori reaches into his sash to grasp at a fistful of protruding needles. Pulling them out, he keeps a wary attitude about him. The atmosphere looked to confirm what he had suspected. Other ninjas could be involved here.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

Enuferiu

Enuferiu was not one to trust intuition or appearances, though just to be sure, he stops to performs a few hand-seals for good luck. There is nothing particularly outstanding about the garden, but perhaps that is why it is outstanding. It was too quiet for a home where their sensei and the smith would be meeting, and though the lock on the gate was not forced, that it was unlocked with tighter measures of security around did hint that something may be afoot.

"Let's move a bit more quickly," Enu said as he performed another hand-seal and moved across the garden to the side of the home to look for an entrance.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perform; Gyoukou (1d20+13=24)
    +1 Luck to Saveing Throws, Attacks and Gambling for 7 Rounds
    Perform; Chouyaku no Jutsu (1d20+13=30)
    +4 to Jump, +5ft Movement, +1 to Jump w/10ft move, for 4 rounds

Listen - (1d20+2)[18]
    Spot - (1d20+2)[11]
    If there is enough to obscure Enu in the garden; -5 for full speed:
    Hide - (1d20+3)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

In contrast to Enuferiu, Mitsuhide's approach is rather more straightforward, although he is no less wary. In fact, 'on edge' would probably be a better description.

He follows silently along behind Kaori, one hand gripping the sheath of his own sword as he does so. And all along, the single silent regret: why did we bother with breakfast?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

The three were on edge, and for good reason too since their sensei was not a quiet person. Enu dashed across the smallish courtyard to seek an entrance around the other side of the building, keeping his eyes and ears open for any sign of enemy shinobi while Mitsuhide and Kaori crept towards the front door.

It was only when Enu was close to the corner that he heard the noise coming from behind some squat bushes not to far away from him and his eyes widened.

"Guys, look out!" Came the cry of alarm as the intruder showed himself by bursting out of the bushes a massive sword held in both hands as he charged towards Kaori and swung the greatsword down in a mighty horizontal slash that the tough ninjutsu user wasn't able to avoid. (10 points of damage) Kaori's assailant was an oddity of himself, dressed in pure white robes with lacquered armor, face concealed behind an expressionless white mask much like a hunter nin's though no colorings or markings marred it's snowy surface.

Not to far away (20 ft. to the left), another one revealed it's presence throwing a earthy brown blanket and rising up from were he had been laying on the ground in imitation of being a flower bed, battle axe eagerly switched between hands as he clambered up to his feet, an eager hiss coming out from his white mask, though it was smudged with dirt.

It proved to be a boon that Enu had skidded to warn his companions for not a moment after he stopped and shouted the warning, a wickedly bladed kama sliced through the air were he would have been had he kept moving. With a subtle movement, a third one edged it's way around the side of the smith's house same as the others in all ways except for the weapon clutched in his hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Kaori took a critical for 10 points of damage, the surprise round just happened (Though Enu can take an action in it and on his own iniative whenever that is). So I need iniative's from all you three. For the sake of simplicity, they shall be named after their weapons to make keeping track of their life easy. So your fighting Battle-Axe, Greatsword, and Kama.

19. - Top - End - #229

Enuferiu

With a spring from his Jumping Technique, Enuferiu glides backwards until he is twenty feet from his assailant. Reaching into the holster on his side as he backs up, he draws a long handled kunai and throws it instantly.

Taking only a minor step back to achieve a prepared stance, Enu draws his own Kama and watches his opponents movements forward.

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC:
    Initiative (1d20+3=10)

Attack - (1d20+4)[18]
    Damage - (1d4)[1]
    DC 15 Reflex to remove
    Chakra Control - (1d20+10)[20] ; Success, Kunai Explodes as instant action
    Damage - (2d8)[7]
    DC 15 Reflex save for half, only if previous save succeded)

Exploit Weakness; (1d20+7)[22] ; Success, Int bonus in place of Str and Dex against Kama Ninja.
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-09 at 10:37 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Reacting almost instantly to the assault on Kaori, Mitsuhide springs forward, tucking into a diving roll past his comrade toward the one who had harmed him. He rises back into a standing position, draws, and attacks in one smooth motion, but the complicated nature of his attack leaves his aim less than perfect.

His eyes dart quickly toward Kaori, looking for a silent confirmation that he's ok before zipping over to Enu and then back to his opponent...

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - 1d20+3=19

Tumble - 1d20+9=21

Taijutsu check for Battoujutsu/Iaido - 1d20+15=34 Auto success! Wasted good roll! 2 chakra spent.

Attack roll - 1d20+10=17 Hatred of self ensues. Actually, there might be a flanking bonus here, but I didn't think of that until after the fact, so... your call.

Damage roll - 1d10+5=7 Oh, sure. Roll low for the important stuff, why don't you?

HP - 27/27 (assuming we've had enough rest since the last time I was roughed up)
    Chakra - 13/15
    Defense - 19 (currently 17)

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori looks down at the deep gash cut by the assailant. He frowns and crackles with electricity.

"Eh. That wasn't very nice."

Hopping back onto the back foot, Kaori releases the flurry of needles he has grasped in his gloved hand. The four sharp impliments hurtle toward the fighter with the huge sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: 1d20+3=12

5-foot step retreat away from "Greatsword"

Attack 1d20+6=23 (Ranged attack)

Damage if applicable = 1
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-06-09 at 05:00 PM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Weapon Assault!

Enu's warning was taken to heart as his two comrades were quick to defend themselves from these odd menaces. Kaori however didn't prove nimble enough to avoid the next scything sword blow from Greatsword, a diagonal blow that proved to be just as deep as the first one had been. (10 damage on this one too.) With a pleased hiss, the white masked individual began to advance when Mitsuhide went rolling past the both of them, drawing his katana and attacking in the same swift motion. To his surprise, the enemy wasn't able to get out of the way and instead stumbled as the attack sliced through the white of the robes beneath to reveal...nothing?

The moment of hesitation cost the swordsman dearly as the greatsword wielding menace whirled back across with it's sword thrusting forward to dig into Mitsuhide's shoulder deeply before it twisted the blade and yanked it free. (Another 10 damage. Just can't roll anything else) A useful distraction came in the form of Kaori when the throwing needles dug into the thing's shoulder drawing another angry hiss from behind the mask. Unfortunately Kaori didn't have time to savor the blow before the sound of pounding boots drew his attention to the battle-axe wielding one (You get an AoO) and the slow clumsy blow it leveled his way.

Enu's ploy proved to be equally effective as the kama wielding one scrambled with it's free hand to pull the kunai from it's body before it exploded...and failed to do so in time. When the smoke cleared Kama looked...charred but was still standing, hooking the kama around so the blade was against the forearm before dashing forward (Another AoO) and slicing at the mechanical lover's legs twice only to have the ninja hop over them in the nick of time.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Iniative is as follows...

Greatsword
    Kama
    Mitsuhide
    Battle-Axe
    Enu then Kaori.

Going to play out this whole turn first (The one you guys have already rolled for) and then have their actions (For Kama and Greatsword) for the next one. So no worries if it looks like they got extra actions, thats part of the next turn.

23. - Top - End - #233

Enuferiu

"How are you two holding up?" shouts Enu as he hops over the swinging blade. Landing, he heads his own blade for the small opening in the Kama-wielders higher off-hand side. After taking the swing, he backs off to begin a series of blows, opening up the same position to attack again. This time, he feints with his kama, and aims a jab at the center of the Kama-wielders chest.

Spoiler
    Show

AoO - AoO Attack (1d20+6=26),
    Confirm Critical (1d20+6=12),
    Damage (1d6=4),
    I don't think 12 Confirms. If it does, roll the damage.
    --
    It's in the best interest that at least one of them falls unconscious instead of dying, and Enu has the best opportunity.
    Unarmed Strike - Unarmed Attack (1d20+6=10),
    Non-Lethal Damage (1d3=2)
    And I think I just failed that shot...
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-11 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Dice roller did not display
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori winces, bleeding into his clothes quite rapidly.

"Yeah, not too good you know?"

Hopping back further, the genin flicks a few handseals together and extends his hands towards the assailant with the greatsword.

"Eh, Let's see how you like it, buddy! Raikousen no Jutsu!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ninjutsu Roll: Raikousen (1d20+12=20)
    Ranged Touch Attack and Action Point (1d20+6=10, 1d6=3)
    Raiton Damage (2d6=2)

DC 13 Fortitude Save (I think, dont quote me) against Stun

Ed: 3 Chakra Points spent btw.
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-06-11 at 10:53 AM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

As Mitsuhide's blood splatters on the ground, he grits his teeth and steals a quick glance at Enuferiu, who seems to be faring much better than he is.

"I'm holding - that's enough!"

The swordsman's left hand flies up to grab the hilt of his sword and join his right, and with a quick twisting motion, he turns the blade around and brings it down full force in a wide arc on the greatsword wielding... thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: 1d20+8 plus action point = 23+5 = 28

Damage: 1d10+5 = 6. I truly believe this is the world's worst katana...

HP - 17/27 (assuming we've had enough rest since the last time I was roughed up)
    Chakra - 13/15
    Defense 19

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Default The Tide Turns...

A slight glimmer of light was the only warning that Kaori received as Battle-Axe stepped closer and grasped it's weapon firmly with both hands and brought the axe around in a might blow that would behead most people. If it had hit. Instead Kaori's moment of warning proved to be his salvation when he ducked underneath of the axe blade and sent a stream of lightening arcing towards the greatsword wielding menace that Mitsuhide and himself were fighting. Only to have it stop nary an inch away and go arcing off in the wrong direction harmlessly as if it had been deflected.

Great Sword didn't even take notice of the danger as it pressed the attack against Mitsuhide, stepping into another powerful chop that was fairly easy for the fast swordman to lean out of the way of and embed the blade in the ground only to have it pulled back out and held straight up in the air in a ready position and taking the blow it received in return stoically.

Enu's foe took the blow from the kama exactly were he had planned for it to land, right on the left shoulder and buckling some underneath of the blow. The feint however had no were near as much success as the first blow when the white masked thing caught the genin's fist in it's own and squeezed down tightly until the mechanic yanked his fist back.

27. - Top - End - #237

Enuferiu

Between dispatching his current advisory or helping Kaori, Enu settles on a compromise of action. Backing up from the Kama wielder, he turns and runs at his accelerated pace, slowing down slightly as he goes. As he runs, he throws a Kunai at the ground behind him to forestall the Kama wielder or injure it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last round for Jumping Technique. Moving 35ft away from Kama and towards the group. Throwing Exploding Kunai at ground 5ft behind, setting to explode on my turn next round.

Hit the square; Attack - (1d20+4)[22]
    1 Round Delay, DC 11; Chakra Control - (1d20+10)[22]; Success!

Good Fortune last for 3 more rounds
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-13 at 12:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori ducks and dives around the swinging weapons as best as his broken body allows, before making a break for it.

"Mitsuhide-san! Enu-kun! I think it's best we run now. I have an idea."

Kaori spouts out a rushed sentance and then runs clear out of the complex as fast as he can.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Hearing Kaori's request, Mitsuhide waits and watches to make sure his companion is able to escape the compound. If he is, the young swordsman performs a backward flip and half turn before dashing toward the gate. Once there, he waits to make sure Enuferiu is also able to make it out (and in fact, if he even chooses to do so), ready to move right back in should he fail to follow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble check - 1d20+9 = 28 - no AoOs!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Flee!...For whatever reason!

The three...well...whatever they were seemed surprised by the sudden lift of the assault that the three of you had been leading against them. Battle-Axe in particular had time for one last desparate swing, as if unwilling to let Kaori flee, that bit in deeply (10 points of damage since he goes before Kaori even starts running.).

All three of them were quick to take up the pursuit of the fleeing genin, though Kama hesitated as it ran as if deciding what to do with the exploding kunai that had been left before it. In the end it simply decided to run on past the weaponry and join (Though it had fallen behind) the other three white-masked and robed individuals.None of the three had made it far into the compound, making it a relatively simple task to get back to (or beyond) the iron gate but something curious did occur.

Pursuit had stopped.

Once the three had reached the wall and the gate, all three of their pursuers had stopped in it's tracks and silently retreated back towards the building.