New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto d20 (Team B)

Enuferiu

To Enu's disappointment, his Kunai explodes harmlessly as he runs after the others. As he stops just past the gate with the others, he turns to examine the house fully from his current angle, and match it with possible exterior layouts common to the area.

"Hey guys, do you think you can run faster than those guards? One possibility is if we run inside, they might stop following us at that point as well."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pop-Culture - (1d20+5)[17]; Matching everything he's seen so far with exterior design layouts of the area to get a good idea of where a good door might be.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods.

"I'd rather not run the risk, though. Right? I'm banged up royal. I think we need to pull off some ranged attacks on them and take them out one-by-one. Eh, I vote we remove the guy with the greatsword first, his weapon really digs deep!"

(OOC: Read, does more damage)

Kaori winces in pain as his dripping blood stains the floor.

"But... if we're going with your plan, then Mitsuhide-san is the fastest of us."
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Naruto of the Stick: (Various artists)

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"If I go, I go alone. Kaori-san is much too injured to continue at this point. In fact, I would rather see that he gets medical attention as quickly as can be.

Enuferiu-san, shall I test your theory? I can likely manage a blow on one of them on my way through, as well..."

Mitsuhide speaks calmly, but a slight flash in his eyes betrays his concern over the situation.

4. - Top - End - #244

Enuferiu

"It would be best if we avoid injuring them further. If these are Tsuma's guards, I don't think he'd like it if we happened to kill them. As well, we should avoid risking further injury to ourselves. I haven't been hurt yet, and can distract them for you while you make it inside." As he speaks, he begins to sweat excessively, perhaps anxious of the task at hand. Of the few exposed parts of his body, his skin takes on a darker and duller hue.

Enu steps forward and lobs a smoke bomb out towards the corner of the house, waiting for it to begin dispersing a red blanket of dust before dashing out to reach it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kawa no Yorio (Skin Armor), DC 13; Perform - (1d20+10)[26]; Success, 3 Chakra used
    Smoke Bomb, 70ft out, or to the square of the right corner of the building; Attack - (1d20+5)[25]

Jumping Technique, DC 12; Perform - (1d20+10)[28]; Success, 1 Chakra used
    Double-move/ Run actions to reach the smoke (70ft/140ft)

Initiative - (1d20+3)[11]
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-15 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Go Enu go!

With a plan decided on Enu throws the red colored smoke bomb and takes off towards the corner of the building, praying that this building was like all of the other ones in this area and had a side door that would open up into the kitchen. He had barely gone ten feet back into the courtyard when the three white masked weapon baring creatures broke from their line and began to chase after the fleet-footed mechanical genius. The good news was that he made it to the smoke without being caught.

The bad news was that Mitsuhide and Kaori could no longer see what was happening and had to go by their ears instead if they were going to just stay and listen.
    ------------------------------------------

Enu can hear the sound of the things following behind him, not closing any distance but falling behind due to his enhanced speed. With a sudden brightness he cleared out of the smokebomb to find himself at the side of the building. Sure enough there was an opening in the wall that lead further into the building with the shattered remains of a paper door strewn about on the ground.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #246

Enuferiu

So far so good. The three would appear to be following him, they have so far been unable to hurt him, and he has found a way in. The opening spoke of forced entry, the worst case for this scenario, but nonetheless it would prove useful in dodging the masked ones. Before returning to his pace, he shoves a Kunai into a wooden beam on the wall just outside of the smoke. After a short sprint, he takes out a smokebomb and throws it to the end of the building before heading inside to examine the situation.

All the while, a single, persistent thought runs through his mind.

I should have brought more smoke bombs.

Spoiler
    Show
    1st round
    Throw Explosive Kunai at the edge of the smokescreen, and set to explode next round.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[14]
    Chakra Control - (1d20+10)[16]; Success; Kunai explodes next turn for 2d8 damage, DC 15 Ref for half
    Run to the broken door.

2nd Round
    Throw second smoke bomb to the next corner of the building to confuse the three 'guards'.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[6]
    Run into the building
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-16 at 02:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"Enu-san! Damn it... Kaori-san, please move quickly. We need to get inside immediately."

Mitsuhide seems to hesitate, waiting for his companion to start running first. And then, he surges forward, his body blurring slightly in the vision of anyone watching him.

Spoiler
    Show

Nidan Kousoku - 1d20+13 = 32 Success! 4 chakra spent.

Initiative - 1d20+3 = 5

Running straight at the front door. Move speed currently 55. 110 feet covered on a double move, or 220 on a run.

HP - 17/27
    Chakra - 9/15
    Defense 19 (currently 21)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori sighs and edges closer to the gate after Enuferiu and Mitsuhide, readying the chakra to react.
    - PokeTheBard.

"W-what!? Is this some kind of a joke? These garments that you left. Are they for a man or a woman? They're PINK! This is ridiculous! I'm a warrior, not a... a variety of flower!"

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Team 3

Enu's clever ploy seemed to have went off without a hitch, as all present could tell when a small explosion could be heard, the rush of air dispersing most of the first smokebomb and shattering a window or two of Tsuma's house. Two sharp popping noises were heard in the aftermath.

As the smoke began to clear only one of the masked figures remained on it's feet, a burned and smoke smudged looked more then a little dazed and didn't so much as turn to look as Mitsuhide and Kaori went sprinting to the front door. Only at the last second did Kaori notice that the other two had disappeared completely...
    -------------------------------------------

Inside the side door Enu was rather surprised to find a functioning smithy that looked as if it had been in use not so long ago. Several tools still lay in the hot coals and were glowing red hot. Two doors exited out of the remarkably clean workplace, one leading towards a large living room that Mitsuhide and Kaori had come busting into.

The other door lead further into the house and was different from the white-walled norm that could be seen from the other rooms. A red smear along one of the hallway's walls and there seemed to be more of a mess in those rooms as well with shattered glass strewn across the floor.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #250

Enuferiu

Enuferiu slowly walked past the smithy to the hallway, not even attempting to keep quite. After a fight and several explosions, could you really start sneaking around a place?

The state of the work area led to two thoughts; Either what happened happened quickly and bloodlessly, which with the inconsistent style of the broken side door did not seem probable, or the situation was a set up. By who was not immediately apparent, so it was best to stay on guard.

The Genin makes his way into the hallway, motioning to the two coming from the living room to follow him. When he spies the blood, he reaches onto his back and opens up the cloth package he had been carrying. In his hands is a device of two parts; On the far end is a flat, metal pipe a meter long and no wider than a shuriken. Attached to the near end is a wooden stock similar to a crossbow, but lacking the latch and bow. Enu pulls back on the stock at an angle, letting out an ominous crack that resonates from with the thin device as he sets it back in place.

Enuferiu proceeds with the device pointed directly ahead of him the whole time. He moves down the hallway and takes point at every room, eying each of them for anything suspicious. Quickly, he searches the house with this method.

Spoiler
    Show
    +2 to spot checks. Readying an action at the end of every move to shoot anything hostile. Scouting out the entire building.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The danger apparently passed for now, Mitsuhide takes a moment to sheath his sword. There was certainly no sense in inviting further trouble, and in a way, he is actually preparing for further altercations this way.

Mitsuhide frowns, unseen through the rigid metal of his mask, and looks over to Kaori for a second before walking further into the house, looking for signs of... well, he didn't know what. Foul play was certainly a possibility, but livid swordsmiths (or worse, Taka) were always another possibility. The most obvious conclusion is almost never the right one, it seems...

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Saying nothing and looking at the ground, Kaori shuffles pathetically after his teammates. His bleeding is gradually slowing but he is in danger of going into shock without some treatment.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Default What the...?

Once Kaori and Mitsuhide had joined Enu on the inside of the house, the mechanical prodigy took the lead by unslinging the unwieldy device across his back and assembling a rather odd looking...thing. Though the red smear along the wall signaled that something might be truly amiss but the three proceeded with caution further into the household.

What they saw next was something that caught them by the utmost surprise. There in Tsuma's bedroom was the greatest of messes. Everything was strewn about as if a small tornado had gone rampaging through the entire mess. And at the very center of the enter...devastation...was Taka. The Jounin was laid out on her back, eyes starring listlessly up into the air and her hair strewn about her head like a black halo...

There wasn't much time to look though as the sounds of footsteps further back in the house reminded Kaori and Mitsuhide that one of the white masked and robbed figures had still been left standing after the explosion and with a glance at each other went to either side of the doorway with their backs to the wall.

14. - Top - End - #254

Enuferiu

Though not much time to look, Enu concluded there wasn't much to look at. Devestation. Dead or unconscious jounin. It was expected at this point, though why would still need to be resolved. Enuferiu steps away from the door and takes position in the center of the hallway.

"You two can make sure the room is safe, and then make sure Sensei is safe. I'll make sure the last of them doesn't make it down the hall." he orders, aware but seemingly detached from the apparent seriousness of the situation. It's as if he were merely commenting on the situation.

He points his 'thing' down the hall in preparation for battle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stepping out into the hall and readying an action to fire on the masked figure if it appears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori slumps against the far wall and breathes heavily, sifting through some of the debris idly, shifting his weight every so often to look round the room further.

Spoiler
    Show
    Take ten on search check = 13
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-06-24 at 12:09 PM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

The state of Kaori's body is obvious. There is precious little Mitsuhide can do, but nevertheless, it is clear that something must be done. Hesitantly, he tears away the right sleeve of his shirt, tearing that into a few smaller strips before walking over to Kaori.

"Kaori-san... your wounds. We should dress them, at least."

The job is quick and makeshift, but if Kaori allows it, his wounds are bandaged, if nothing else. With that much accomplished, Mitsuhide turns his attention to Taka. Not really sure what else to do, he looks at her, trying to determine if she is all right.

"...Taka-sensei?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Kaori heal check - 11 (to do... something... about that bleeding)

Taka heal check - 19 (to determine condition)

rolls: 1d20 = 11; 19
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2007-06-24 at 11:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Bam mother...!

Enu took up position and sighted down along his shuriken rifle to see down the hallway freely while Kaori and Mitsuhide searched the room, tended to each other, and checked on Taka at the same time. Mitsuhide's rudimentary first aid accomplished little good aside from stopping the bleeding, but it would be enough to see Kaori through the rest of the battle should he remain un-hit.

Taka proved to be a far less...promising case. Despite Mitsuhide's efforts he could find no pulse or hint of warmth to the jounin's body. Stumbling back Mitsuhide's eyes widened in surprise and a fair amount of horror as he realized...Taka was far from okay...she was dead!

Kaori's investigations turned up little of note or interest, except that the corner nearest to him had a five foot by four foot square that was set about a half inch lower then the rest of the floor...

Enu's focus rewarded him well when he saw a flash of white at the very end of the hall way. Almost without warning the burnt form of the battle-axe wielding creature came into sight with both hands over it's shoulders. A second later they were brought forward in a powerful throw that sent it's axe spinning end over end down the hallway...it passed a highspeed shuriken about halfway down that had been fired by the mechanical genin's weapon. The shuriken hit while the battle axe bit into the far wall of the room and fell to the ground. Stumbling back, the robed figure teetered on it's feet before it began to fall over as if in slow motion...only vanish in a puff of white smoke that left nothing in it's wake about a second before hitting the ground...The same sound was heard from the far wall as well as the battle-axe also disappeared.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Every muscle in Mitsuhide's body tenses as he sits nearly frozen on the floor, eyes locked on Taka. How could this have happened? Too quickly came the answer - it couldn't. But then... he had that very same thought the last time as well, and...

He shook his head and uttered a single slow, strained, deliberate word:

"...Impossible."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

"We... we're leaving."

Kaori looks at Mitsuhide's expression and is well aware of what is the matter.

"Eh? We can't afford any more damage to team four. We've delivered the package to the address. Our mission is over now, right? We can't stay here any longer, I can't fight and you two will be overcome if anything else goes wrong."

Kaori stands and drops back to one knee in a pathetic and fluid succession.

" I'll help you with Taka-sensei, let's call Enu-kun."
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Enuferiu

Enuferiu only blinked as the battle-axe flew past him. He stays utterly still after the menace had disappeared, as if expecting him to suddenly reappear in a different location. Slowly realizing he had defeated him, he relaxes, and takes a look at the mark the axe had made into the wall behind him.

"I should have dodged that...", he mumbles to himself. He eyes the indentation from afar as if to gauge how far it would have sunk into him had it hit. A chill runs down his spine as he reaches the conclusion of the thought, and heads back to check on Kaori and Mitsuhide.

As he enters, he takes full stock of the scene. The situation was out of hand, and there was little point to hanging around. However, he stepped forward into the room and inquired, "I have a quick question before we leave; Do we know where Tsuma is, or where the package we were to deliver is?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Check to identify Jutsu used to create masked assailants; Ninjutsu - (1d20+13)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"...We do not."

Mitsuhide occupies himself with trying to lift Taka's lifeless body, shouldering as much of the weight as possible to keep it off of Kaori.

...Why? Why did this keep happening? The thought floats in the back of Mitsuhide's head. And with it, another: Can this be real? It's impossible, right? Surely, I've missed something...

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Enu wracks his mind trying to think about just what sort of jutsu would have created those masked warriors when it hit him. A summoning jutsu could be used to bring in many a different kind of creature to aid a shinobi, and fallen war heros was one of the rarer pacts a shinobi could forge. A troubling though considering how trying such a pact was to forge.

Mitsuhide and Kaori both go over to Taka's body to kneel there silently. After all they had seen from the jounin, it just seemed so unlikely that she was...was dead. Their somber discussion about what to do with the mission at such a horrible juncture was interrupted by a loud thud. Twisting about, all three of the genin could see the patch of floor Kaori had spotted earlier heaving up and down as if someone was trying to force open a door. Underneath of the racket they could also hear a muffled voice calling out...

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods at Mitsuhide before ducking out from underneath Taka's body.

"Hey guys... i'll get that. You just get out of here in one piece, right?"

The genin struggles with a smile but it's lost both behind the pain in his eyes and the mask concealing much of his face.

"Eh... if it's... it's bad... then i'm likely the first to die if we all stay. I'd rather you guys... got a fightin' chance. I hope... that i'm lucky..."

Reaching into his gi, he removes a fistful of needles.
    Last edited by PokeTheBard; 2007-06-27 at 12:43 PM.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

"No."

Mitsuhide gently lays Taka back on the ground, and walks over to Kaori.

"I won't leave anyone else behind. I won't lose anyone else..."

There is a profound look of sadness in the genin's eyes. The matter is settled, and he looks for a way to open or remove the section of the floor...

((ooc: we never actually left the room, Poke. You can't shut us out of it... ))

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: We didn't? Oh, ok my bad ^.^)

Inosuki Kaori

"There's no reasoning with... you is there?"

Kaori laughs and kneels by the section, the position taking a little of the weight off of his burning lungs.
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

Enuferiu

"Disturbing.." Enu mutters to himself. All of the events here warranted investigation; War Pact Summons, dead Jounin, empty smithy, and a missing sword. Why did Taka leave without warning, yet leave breakfast? What was the goal in all of this for the 'other side'? Why were there no other bodies? He stops and figuratively snaps out of it.

What the hell were his team mates babbling about now?

"Quit acting like something horrible is about to happen," he barks to the others. "Whatever happened, we missed it." He sets his rifle against the wall, pulling his Kama into his left hand, and an exploding Kunai into his right. He pushes aside any on the two who are crowding too close to the floor, then slices his Kama into the panel. Using the Kama as a lever, he pulls the panel away from the hole, and holds his Kunai ready.

Down the hole, he commands, "Identify yourself."
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2007-06-27 at 09:45 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

The light from above gleamed off of two circles inside of the hole, and for a second it seemed like more of those masked creatures were down in the hidden compartment, but only a moment later he recoginized it as the glint of light off of...glasses? A pair of beady blue eyes glared up at the armed genin as he spoke his inquiry.

"Identify yourself? Why I never...Identify yourself! Your on my property after all! Now who are you with, that rude angry woman or that pompous belligerent who called himself the 'War Shogun'?" The angry declaration trailed off to a low mutter that was mostly unidentifable though it wasn't too hard to pick out a couple of phrases. Apparently this hidden man was under the opinion ninja used to be much more polite back in his day and wouldn't sink to attacking an old man in his house.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Asano Mitsuhide

Something about the situation seems to snap Mitsuhide out of his funk. Whether it is the reactions of his teammates, finding Tsuma, or simply his own mind coming to terms with what has occurred, even he doesn't know, but all the same his instant reaction upon seeing the irate swordsmith is to bow apologetically.

"Then, you would be Tsuma-san? My apologies about the conditions of our meeting... we're a little on edge at the moment. I am Asano Mitsuhide, and my comrades and I are from Kagekure... with her."

Mitsuhide's expression dips slightly as he points to Taka, but quickly shakes himself back out of it.

"Sir, if you don't mind my asking, what is going on here? Do you have any idea why you might be under attack like this?"
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2007-06-28 at 02:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Inosuki Kaori

Kaori nods at the submerged man and laughs awkwardly.

"Tsuma-sama... heh, i'd bow also, but those attackers banged me up pretty bad. I swear joining Kagekure has shortened my life expectancy!"
    - PokeTheBard.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Naruto d20 (Team B)

The glimmer of light faded away as the man in the hidey hole withdrew from sight for a moment. With a thud the trap door began to rattle and shake. Didn't open though. Soon the old man was hammering away on it until it finally flew open and slammed against the wall. Inside of the hole and climbing out slowly, was an older man with a bald head dressed in black. Several old burn marks can be seen on his face and a small goatee decorated his chin. Two round frame glasses were perched on the very edge of his nose and he looked around before coughing and answering.

"I'd say it's pretty obvious what happened here, I was robbed! First that woman kicks in the door and throws a sword at me, probably trying to kill me...oh wait, your from Kagekure? That makes more sense then, I was wondering why her headband was blank...anyway this other guy comes running in after her followed by a bunch of white robed rings following after him, they aren't still around are they? Horrible little beasties they were. The woman had a tough time with how many there were and kicked a few of them into my furnace and believe me they didn't come back out. Reminds me of the time that leaf village fella came here begging me to make him some shuriken for a mission of his. The dunce couldn't get it through his head that I'm a swordsmith and not a weaponsmith. Its too bad that he was such a clutz. Had horrible burns all over and expected me, me! To take responsibility for it. The nerve of some people.." The man muttered though it was a pretty sure guess by this point that he was in fact Tsuma. But he didn't seem to be very focused on what he was saying instead going off on this tangent about a clumsy fire shinobi which eventually lead to his opinions on insurance matters. If he seemed at all bothered by the presence of Taka's body or the bloody genin it didn't really show on his face.