New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1172
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Put simply, Arc is making friends. Also, there's a reference to something I know only HalfTangible will get. I do actually have that shirt IRL.

Comic 968 is up.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-06 at 08:16 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Put simply, Arc is making friends. Also, there's a reference to something I know only HalfTangible will get. I do actually have that shirt IRL.
    But why is simulation Rand the same age as Arc??? All the more weirder now, since I think this is the first time EVER we've seen anything of his actual non-demonic-imposter family?

Unless... could this actually be the real Rand? (Well, 'real' is kinda subjective, but the one from our world anyway). No idea how that would make any sense, but we haven't seen him since he got blasted by Kalros, which feels kind of suspicious now that I think about it.

On an unrelated note I'm not sure what it says about me that the last panel triggered the biggest mental 'awwwwww' response.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

Baby's first REE.

4. - Top - End - #1114

I don't think of Rand and Arc as the same age, here. Arc would be 11 months old, while Rand is probably around 3 years. And yes, this is the first you've seen of Rand's family. Sort of. Whether or not this is the real Rand, I will neither confirm nor deny.

Comic 969!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-11 at 10:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Welp

Comic 970.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Huh. I'm actually more or less sold on simulation Marnia and Savaddor (dunno about everybody, though, since we don't know how far it goes) being 'real' in the sense of an actual conscious entity, but seeing her actually argue for it kinda makes me suspicious given where the simulation came from.

(Also, I didn't comment on the last one because I'm running out of ways to say 'awwwwww', which is not intended as criticism)
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

7. - Top - End - #1117

This simulation is inevitably going to end with explosions and/or lasers and I just don't see how we're going to get there.

The answer is probably in the title.

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    This simulation is inevitably going to end with explosions and/or lasers and I just don't see how we're going to get there.

The answer is probably in the title.
    Funny you should mention that because I already know how it's going to end. That's right, it's planned out!

Comic 971. This, er, probably won't make too much sense, but it'll make more sense, later.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...yeah, I got nothing.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120

Comic 972! I tried making Arc's (and Savaddor's) text lighter-color to make it easier to see.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-04-26 at 11:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

This is a lot of world-building for a Lotus-Eater Machine.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    This is a lot of world-building for a Lotus-Eater Machine.
    That's part of why I've been doubting it is just a Lotus-Eater Machine. I'm really starting to think that this is functionally a 'real' (if simulated world), or at least as real as Hypt.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1123

It really is more readable. I had grown used to the other blue and I kind of miss it, but I'm convinced this is for the better.

14. - Top - End - #1124

It'll probably stay, it's a lot easier to read, to me. The text box borders are the same color, of course.

Comic 973.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I... just... what?

(I have to say that I didn't find the deeper blue hard to read at all, but the new color doesn't bother me either).
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2018-05-02 at 01:34 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1126

I don't know why you're so confused.

Well That was Unexpected has always been a Slice of Life.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

tongue Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    I don't know why you're so confused.

Well That was Unexpected has always been a Slice of Life.
    I'm not sure it's still slice of life if the life is that of a lizard/robot couple raising a baby artificial dragon.

(On the other hand, I suppose one might argue that's the best kind of slice of life.)
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128

I've put enough thought into the world of the simulation that I could justify it being a full-fledged AU. There's two divergences from the main timeline that's triggered it:

1) The Emperor is absent.
    2) Dark Star was never created.

For the purposes of being vague i'll leave what stems from these divergences up to your imagination, but events occur differently because of it. One of which being that Marnia and Savaddor form a romantic relationship and marry. I call it the Arctura!Verse

Comic 974.

Q? C? C?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-05-06 at 10:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, so I guess that wasn't the real Rand in the simulation. (Though I'm still super confused by the thing with his age).

...so what's Torn doing out of Hypt? I think the Kalros they were fighting died in the massed eye-laser barrage, but it still seems kind of sudden. I can't help but suspect shenanigans.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130

The simple answer? They all died in the laser barrage.

Comic 975

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, that clears up that then.

Kaylethia the Personal Space Invader is kinda awesome.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1132

And so the party is back together!

Probably won't last for long.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...dammit, I just realized that I was so happy to see the return of Actual Shakespearian Marnia (like I've said, the Arcverse version is kind of marred by the fact that I don't really like the 'robot' font in normal speech bubbles) that I didn't even really register that Targnillian Marnia is gone for good.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2018-05-12 at 07:57 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    ...dammit, I just realized that I was so happy to see the return of Actual Shakespearian Marnia (like I've said, the Arcverse version is kind of marred by the fact that I don't really like the 'robot' font in normal speech bubbles) that I didn't even really register that Targnillian Marnia is gone for good.
    Unfortunately, some good things must come to an end. I'll be sure to have more panels of Marnia in glasses drinking things to make up for it.

Comic 976 is up!

Q? C? C?

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

On your side for now. He's actually on your side for now, Rand.

Not sure who he could be thinking of that qualifies as a professional Kalros-killer; the best candidate so far in the comic would probably be... Kalros himself, actually.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136

The Emperor is always a call away.

Never call The Emperor.

27. - Top - End - #1137

I'm not confirming or denying anything.

Comic 977!

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Damn it, he actually is getting too old for this.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1139

Only Kalros can die without his doing?

I guess we know how it happens now.

30. - Top - End - #1140

Yeah, things aren't good right now for Savaddor/Gwirartho

Comic 978 is up!