New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

I will admit: I have wondered from time to time if this Hypt arc will wind up going on for longer than planned because Emperor Ing wants a break from writing Marnia-speech (without the permanent end to a running gag that actually curing her speech impediment would cause).

On the other hand, I thought she got the best line here, though it's nice to know that Rand has an even-handed attitude to using people as bludgeoning weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Interesting. Care to elaborate?
    Just that, as I said before, I was starting to wonder if maybe he was actually right about High Father Otiart - but last comic reiterated that no, he's just nuts. Even if Otiart really does now turn out to be a bad guy, it'll be a coincidence.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I will admit: I have wondered from time to time if this Hypt arc will wind up going on for longer than planned because Emperor Ing wants a break from writing Marnia-speech (without the permanent end to a running gag that actually curing her speech impediment would cause)
    I can assure you this isn't the case. If anything, it's harder for me to NOT do Marnia-Speaktm. I've been doing it so long it's almost second-nature to me. If it's going long it's because I have a lot of ideas. I like to think we're at the tail end of the arc, nontheless.

Comic 845. This comic is...short, because I wrote these three panels and couldn't think of a way to continue it.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-09-22 at 10:21 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I'm not sure I get it.

But hey, Galick Gun actually accomplished something. Don't see that much.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Barbarian in the Playground

If Galick Gun is only 128 microCapes, then like this unit system is intended to measure extremely huge ammounts of power. Probably able to measure Custodes.

5. - Top - End - #725

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    If Galick Gun is only 128 microCapes, then like this unit system is intended to measure extremely huge amounts of power. Probably able to measure Custodes.
    I'm sure you tell yourself that every night so you can sleep

Comic 846

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

People getting thrown into the distant horizon (or I guess "horizon" in this case) sure seems like it's becoming a recurring theme of this arc.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727

People getting thrown into the distant horizon (or I guess "horizon" in this case) sure seems like it's becoming a recurring theme of this arc.
    I strongly approve of this theme. Maybe we can include some defenestration in there, that's always nice to see.

8. - Top - End - #728

Defenestration's too mainstream. Might as well reverse the polarity of my dragoon crystals.

Comic 847.
    This was actually finished yesterday but...lost track of time.

Q? C? C?

9. - Top - End - #729
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That was actually surprisingly touching. Though I think I can also see the seeds of Kalros's insanity starting to emerge.

(Obviously I'm talking about the recording, not the slapstick arrival of the party at... wherever this is again).

Also, my brief, wacky theory that Savaddor is the uploaded consciousness of Hypt's creator appears to have died as ignominiously as most of my other wacky theories.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #730

.....Velites threw himself, didn't he?

11. - Top - End - #731

.....Velites threw himself, didn't he?
    This falls into the "I won't confirm that but I won't deny it either" category.

Also, i'm really glad at how well-received the info about Kalros' backstory is. I had this idea for a while that information and context would be delivered between Kalros, Gwir, and other characters, but I spent a lot of time agonizing about how to deliver it, mainly because it's notably SERIOUS BUSINESS. There's still more to go.

Comic 848

edit: Yes there is. I was just trying to upload the comic before 1:00 AM and I failed to post the link
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-06 at 12:02 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

There's no link.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #733
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Does Hypt, strictly speaking, even have laws of physics?

That said, Rand would automatically get my vote simply because Torn is against him and I don't trust that guy at all anymore. I didn't even notice him sneaking his way back into the party last comic.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734

An election joke? In this political climate? You're a bold man!

15. - Top - End - #735

Does Hypt, strictly speaking, even have laws of physics?
    Yes. They're just different.

And...849. VERY short, but it's largely a continuation of 848's gag.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wait, what happened in the last panel?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737

Wait, what happened in the last panel?
    Someone shot the glasses off Rand's hand.

18. - Top - End - #738

Someone shot the glasses off Rand's hand.
    This. I dunno, it amused me.

Comic 850.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The way damage in Hypt-construct bodies looks is still legitimately freaky to me.

Marnia speaking normally is also still freaky, but in a more humorous sense.

(Incidentally, I think we all know Velites did that on purpose).
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740

I'm not confirming or denying that Velites did that on purpose.
    He was trying to angle the ricochet so it'd bounce through the hole in Marnia's body.
    Comic 851. Oh hey look! It's the second boss from my game!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-16 at 09:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm. Until now I hadn't thought "The Doctor" not being named meant anything, but it seems a little suspicious that it just got cut off like that.

Really like the designs in the flashback panels - the nephew is a very archetypal snotty rich kid, and KALRoS is both recognizable and clearly clunky and old-fashioned.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #742

How important IS the Doctor's name? I'll leave that for YOU to decide!

Comic 852!

23. - Top - End - #743

Aaaand...

Comic 853!

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Now see, Rand, if you hadn't spent so long running from your character growth, you might have known that ability hardly ever helps.

I'll admit, I'm not entirely sure what to make of this fight, considering that I don't really know anything about this boss is or what it can do.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, geez, man. Hope you have backups of all the comics.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If it helps, I've saved just about every WTWU comic except the most recent to my own computer.

This is a crappy development, though, since Postimage was a much better site than Photobucket or Imageshack seemed to be for this kind of thing.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

If it helps, I've saved just about every WTWU comic except the most recent to my own computer.
    You're quite the devoted fan!
    This is a crappy development, though, since Postimage was a much better site than Photobucket or Imageshack seemed to be for this kind of thing.
    Yeah. If it does fall down, though... Do you know of any other image posting sites?

28. - Top - End - #748

I have most every comic since comic 111 saved on my computer, and most of them backed up on an external drive, so I think we'll manage through it. If postimg does go down, I am NOT looking forward to having to reupload probably 500 comics, though.

Anyways, through some cursory searching I found cubeupload that doesn't compress files so...yeah. We'll use that and see what happens.

Comic 854.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-29 at 10:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm getting an error message when I click on that link, though it's possible the problem's on my end.

Edit: Yup, got it to work with a different browser.

Geez, an arm is pretty bad even by Kayl's usual standards. Though her mini-engine tricks are still really cool.

I actually wish the useless expositionary guy would provide more exposition, for the aforementioned reason of not knowing anything about this opponent.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-10-30 at 12:02 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750

Wow, they're getting severely bested here. When this battle started, I didn't think much of it and that it was time for some good action, but it's turned out much more important than that.