New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Well it's not supposed to be easy.

In other news, i'm taking a break from developing Heroes* of Aios. It's a huge scope of what I want to do, and I would prefer to get momentum with a different, slightly easier to develop game that will allow me to prototype some of the mechanics I want for Heroes* of Aios. As such, i'm announcing Hypt II is in development. It'll feature new enemies, game mechanics, and more. One such idea i've played around with is Technomancy. How does it work? Well, you see that enemy that's giving you trouble? Simply click on it, and edit its stats! I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

Also, Heroes* of Aios has been renamed "The Malfunctioned" and shall be henceforth referred to as such.

Comic 855

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-02 at 11:32 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

I think we all knew it wasn't going to be that easy. Though at least they're actually aware that this is a completely random and pointless battle.

...wait, where's Torn? Is anyone keeping an eye on what he's up to? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    How does it work? Well, you see that enemy that's giving you trouble? Simply click on it, and edit its stats!
    This is, without exaggeration, a fantastic game mechanic idea. No clue how it'll work in practice, but as a "high concept" it's brilliant.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post

This is, without exaggeration, a fantastic game mechanic idea. No clue how it'll work in practice, but as a "high concept" it's brilliant.
    The idea comes from this demo for a platforming game I saw. I couldn't tell you what game it was, what happened to it or what, but its primary mechanic was editing the stats of platforms. Things like their size, movement patterns, etc. Given that Hypt II will be a mouse and keyboard game, you'll literally click on enemies.

Currently, however, I have been working on reverse-engineering the bullet-hell shot emitter script I wrote for The Malfunctioned, with surprising success.

Comic 856.

It looks like postimg is still operational! Success. Just as a public service announcement though, when you go on to web sites you like, say, giantitp, don't forget to disable what ever adblock plugins you have for your web browser. It costs you only a second of your time and it does keep the site supported, as they can and do keep track of who has adblock up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-07 at 08:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wait, what?
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

Comic 848 is one of the best part of all that I saw

6. - Top - End - #756
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is Glitchspace the platformer game you were thinking of?

Also, I second the "what?".

7. - Top - End - #757

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    Is Glitchspace the platformer game you were thinking of?
    It might be? They're both first person platformers that use editing stats of objects as primary game mechanics. Though as I said, the game I saw years ago was an alpha build at the latest, so it may or may not have been Glitchspace.

I will take a look at it though, it'll give me a good comparable. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Also, I don't know what "What" means

Comic 857 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-11 at 10:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I understand even less, now!
    This guy speaks for me.

Also, Professor Vith used to be a glitch? With a backstory like that, you'd kind of expect him to be more than one of three indistinguishable morons.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759

Such is the power of Professorship that it can turn even sentient glitches into hyper-specialized morons.

Comic 858!

Also, I made this.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-15 at 08:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm. Most of the time when Xeno speaks in the Tau language untranslated, I can suss out what he's saying, but I've got no clue this time. Though I kind of suspect it's swearing.

Looks like we're starting to bridge the gap between the historical and current Kalros - though honestly, he also still just seems plain nuts. Evil laughs are tempting, but most people don't actually do them at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-11-16 at 03:46 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

But he can't be insane, because that's impossible. Which is not circular logic at all.

Comic 859!
    On to our irregularly scheduled program!

Hypt II vlog #2. I'm looking to see if I can't get a third video up later today. This one will actually showcase a new mechanic! One I wanted for Hypt, but didn't implement because of lack of ability to program.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-19 at 02:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, "avoid" is pretty terrible.

But I wonder what Marcellan is up to here apart from making lousy puns? I doubt he actually knows his communications are bugged, so that's probably not it.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #763

You'll see. You'll ALL see! All four of you!

Comic 860!

Hypt II Dev Vlog #3

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-22 at 11:07 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aha! Revelations galore! It all makes sense now!!

...well, okay, that's a stretch. But it makes more sense.

Also, I haven't said this explicitly yet, so I probably should: Xeno and Kalros sniping at each other is actually a lot of fun.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

Rand is now awake, alone and unsupervised in a technomancy laboratory.

Oh boy.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Rand is now awake, alone and unsupervised in a technomancy laboratory.

Oh boy.
    Pretty sure Savaddor's still nearby.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767

There is more to be revealed. Stay tuned. Right now, we're in charted waters. I know what i'm doing and where i'm going.

Comic 861. The answer is "Yes he is" by the way.

Hypt Dev Vlog #4: Procedural Generation

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-26 at 10:23 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

WOW can Kalros design a force field.

Incidentally, what does Rand actually think he needs to save his friends-and-Marnia from? When he got "killed" by the worm, he just woke up back in the physical world.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2016-11-26 at 11:05 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #769

Considering that the Neutronium Guardian Staves' blades are carved out from neutron stars, i'd say beating the forcefield with the planet is a rather sub-optimal way of trying to breach the forcefield. He's probably just getting frustrated.

Comic 862!

Hypt Dev Vlog #5: Procedural Generation

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-30 at 08:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I laughed.

Not much else to say, really.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Considering that the Neutronium Guardian Staves' blades are carved out from neutron stars, i'd say beating the forcefield with the planet is a rather sub-optimal way of trying to breach the forcefield. He's probably just getting frustrated.

Comic 862!

Hypt Dev Vlog #5: Procedural Generation

"What if it's concentrating its defensive power right where I strike? ... Maybe it'll help to hit more of the shield at the same time!"
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #772

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    "What if it's concentrating its defensive power right where I strike? ... Maybe it'll help to hit more of the shield at the same time!"
    Better than any theory I can come up with

Comic 863! Originally, 863 and 862 were supposed to be one comic, but, eh, this is better.

Hypt II Dev Vlog #6: Infocysts!

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Somewhere, Anton Chekhov is cheering.

Also, hmm. Arc either remembers or knows what she used to be. I lean towards "knows" because I'm not sure how many superlative actors can exist in one cast.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774

....You tsundered Rand.

There are no limits! Everybody run!

25. - Top - End - #775

....You tsundered Rand.

There are no limits! Everybody run!
    Just as planned.

Comic 864. You know how I say that some comics were "Interesting" or "Fun" to make? Take that, and multiply it by 10, that's what this comic was like. I'm VERY happy how it turned out.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Panel 7 certainly escalated quickly.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #777

They're robots. They're all crazy.

Comic 865. I didn't really intend for the way this little character arc with Jeroshaw, but I like it. Though I do have an excellent idea for a character arc with, well Arc coming very soon so...be on the lookout for that

Hypt II Dev Vlog #7: Wet Paint

Hypt II Dev Vlog #8:

Out of curiosity, who watches the dev vlog videos?

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, great angry expression on Ser in the last panel.

Also that was hilarious.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779

I shudder to think the effects it would cause on Arc to absorb Ser, even if only momentarily.

Also, I watch the vlogs, although I'm several behind.

30. - Top - End - #780

I AM GROWING STRONGER

Or something like that. I'm sure it involves glowing eyes.

Comic 866!