New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Oh you'll like what I have in mind for AtC 16 Part 2 (and 3 and 4 and probably 5) then

Comic 882! Finally, an actual fight!

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

The bit where Otiart levitated his head higher to dodge Kalros's eye-beams was hilarious.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Barbarian in the Playground

Indeed. This is, and is going to be, a very peculiar and unique fight. Even knowing it would be so, I'm still captivated.

4. - Top - End - #844

I'm not done yet with fight scenes, either.

Comic 883!

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wait, who or what did he just delete? Kalros's avatar, the cube thing... or Velites?
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Wait, who or what did he just delete? Kalros's avatar, the cube thing... or Velites?
    The cursor.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #847

I was afraid things wouldn't be clear >_> Put simply, nothing got deleted. By Velites attacking Kalros, he forced him to un-select Otiart, who in turn destroyed the cursor.

Comic 884!

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, I don't believe it...!

...another installment of "Bored Marnia Sipping Beverages"!!

(And also Savaddor apparently being Gwiratho, or at least a part of him. I'd say I guessed it, but I'd also guessed he was the Doctor or Vox Etaminwhatever or Kalros, so it doesn't really count).
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-03-18 at 12:32 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #849

I believe your guess was that he was the doctor and Kalros' original creator. I'm not gonna confirm anything yet but i'm not gonna deny anything, either.

Of all of WTwU's ongoing jokes, i'm genuinely surprised 'Marnia drinking things' is one of them.

Comic 885! Sorry, no big reveals here.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Of all of WTwU's ongoing jokes, i'm genuinely surprised 'Marnia drinking things' is one of them.
    The power of fandom!

...Which, I suppose, might not have been such a good thing in this case. Though I guess Savaddor was in way over his head anyway.

Also on the subject of Marnia in this episode, I love how quickly she stole "traito" for her own use.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851

Well it's fitting.

Ask the Custodes Episode 16 Part 2! I'm reasonably sure the inspiration for this entire episode and its parts came when I said how I called Robot Gorillaman's return and the discussion was about who would win in a fight between the Custodes and a Primarch. Needless to say, I have my ideas.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So given that it's been four days with no comment, I figured I should go ahead and explain that the lack of commentary on my part, at least, is because I just plain don't know anything about Roboute Funnymisspelling (except that, apparently, none of the fans like him but Games Workshop does).
    Show

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    So given that it's been four days with no comment, I figured I should go ahead and explain that the lack of commentary on my part, at least, is because I just plain don't know anything about Roboute Funnymisspelling (except that, apparently, none of the fans like him but Games Workshop does).
    The problem with Guilliman is less that the fans hate him, and more that he's... how to put this...

He's the Primarchs' resident Gary Stu.

Matt Ward took the Ultramarines and essentially made them "the best and everyone else is inferior because I say so", stating that Guilliman is the most revered Primarch and Marneus Calgar Papa Smurf is the spiritual liege of every chapter. Because "everyone wants to be like the Ultramarines". Which is just bull on multiple levels.

He's also responsible for several of the 40k universe's worst problems and traditions, primarily the separation of the nigh unstoppable Space Marine Legions into Chapters.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2017-03-31 at 07:48 AM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #854

To be fair, a lot of what Matt Ward did is kind of beating a dead horse at this point, and there's been a lot done to rehabilitate the Ultramarines from obnoxious Gary Stus to something reasonable enough. They'll carry the stigma of the Ward era for a long time, but to be honest I hate what he did with the Newcrons and the Grey Knights and their stupid looking Mecha Baby-Carriers even more.

I'll continue to mock the Ultrasmurfs and their Spiritual Liege, however, because it's funny.

Comic 886! No, this is not an April Fools joke, I swear. I just had a pretty hard writer's block hitting me for this comic.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I had actually osmosed most of that about Guilliman before; I just don't have any firsthand experience with it (as I've said, I had no familiarity with WH40K a few years ago).

Comic 886! No, this is not an April Fools joke, I swear. I just had a pretty hard writer's block hitting me for this comic.
    I can't guess what a "fakeout" type April Fool's comic would even look like in this story.

For a moment I wondered how Kalros took over Torn so easily, then I remembered that their virtual bodies have only the capabilities Savaddor knows about, so he's just a generic fighter type instead of a Vector Witch. Which also probably means that Otiart is going to tear through them all pretty easily, since he has no real reason to hold back when they'll just wake up back in the real world.

Of course, I can't help but notice that Arc has been awfully quiet lately...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #856

By now you're probably fairly knowledgable about 40k just through reading my comics

Ask the Custodes 16 part 3 is up. I actually have three additional panels finished for this, but I took a step back and realized it was better like this. I might upload it with the three extra panels tomorrow, just to see what you think.

17. - Top - End - #857

And...still haven't uploaded the last 3 panels, i'm sorry. I got side-tracked by the fact that my USB stuff suddenly stopped working and i've been trying to find a solution.

Comic 887!

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, that was kind of underwhelming, evil-dragon-voice-in-Arc's-head.

Though on the other hand, I think it's only the second time ever that we've seen Kalros take actual visible damage.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-04-05 at 10:47 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859

Well that's gotta count for something.

In other news, I think my computer troubles are over with...for now. Might look into getting a new one in the not-too-distant future.

Comic 888.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Huh. I thought Gwiratho was "Doctor Hypt's" familiar, not the future Archmagister Prime's.

Not a terribly impressive performance on Savaddor's part, sad to say. I kinda thought he had at least some melee capability. Though I'm a bit unclear on the giant "WHUMP" in the last panel - did he squash Torn with one of his giant form's hands?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-04-11 at 12:10 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861

You probably forgot, but yeah, Gwir was Vox's Familiar, not Doctor Hypt's.

Also, I cannot tell you how excited for the next chapter. I have SO many ideas.

Ask the Custodes 16 part 3. Really it's the extra three panels i've been promising since April 1st. Well, here it is, finally. I'll have Comic 889 done tomorrow. For realsies this time, I pwomise.

22. - Top - End - #862

23. - Top - End - #863
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Woo! Go Savaddor!

You know, I could probably read several consecutive comics worth of nothing but Torn getting the carp beaten out of him in slapsticky ways while he's trying to blather on about his Big Pompous Hidden Agenda.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #864

One of these days someone in WTwU is going to be hit by a giant stick with the words "slapstick" written on it.

Comic 890!

Q? C? C?

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...You know, if it doesn't stop our heroes from dropping their weapons, using them on each other, or conjuring up giant pink guillotines, Kalros's control is already pretty limited.

(Okay, the last one's just rule of funny.

Probably).
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866

Rule of Funny trumps everything.

Also, Comic 891. Not necessary to the storyline but at this point I don't care.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Given that I was specifically hoping for this, I can't say I care either. *waves GO SAVADDOR banner*

BTW, what happened to Keios? Feels like I'm the only one commenting on the regular strips now.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #868

Funny you should ask, on the day I finally have time to sit down and catch up.

Hello! I've been busy for a while (moving and stuff). I thought about commenting on everything I missed, but I'm not gonna subject you to that.

Nice action sequence on this one. I've always thought you were great at those, specially when there aren't many energy attacks thrown around (easier to follow the "dance").

29. - Top - End - #869

Hope you had good luck with moving.

Comic 892! Moving things along.

30. - Top - End - #870

Why does he have no teeth in the first panel? Seems kind of odd to me.