New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Well, that's one long-running plotline resolved. Though should Rand's eyes still be red?

Also, a thought: if Sereyentheous is glad to have his body back, Rand's disappointed about being in his, and Marnia's quipping about heresy...

...does this mean the next time we see Powers, he'll be speaking in an incomprehensible pseudo-Shakespearian fashion?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

We need some Omake chapters in which the transfer somehow resulted in all three of them exchanging bodies/minds.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Though should Rand's eyes still be red?
    Yes. Remember, red eyes = no magic. Red is his natural eye color.

Comic 721 is up.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Yes. Remember, red eyes = no magic. Red is his natural eye color.
    I was initially assuming whatever Marnia did restored his magic, but I guess it was just a one-off thing.

As for this comic:

• Powers getting taken out like that was hilarious, especially with the swirly eyes. This chapter has really done a number on his badass cred. And why is he now human again?
    • The Emperor's great, as always.
    • And I like the sound of that bit about an attack on Hypt. I remember the first comic of this chapter establishing that the war was still going on, just offscreen. I'd assume it's going to be the subject of next chapter, but odds are some totally random and wacky thing will wind up derailing that prediction.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey, Emperor Ing, your PM box is full again.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Of all the features from the old version of the site, I miss the inbox counter the most

ANYWAYS!! Good news! ti'esar has completed WTwU's TVTropes page! Check it out! Now! Do it!

Also, Comic 722. I'm ending the chapter here and i'm gonna go on a brief haitus until I decide to start the next chapter. Now why are you still here instead of checking out the TVTropes page?!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

I knew it!

THE BLOOD WAS FOR A BLOOD BATH!!!
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Thanks for the link, Emperor Ing! I guess I can use the hiatus to update it some more. (And the inbox counter still exists, you just have to look for it. It's near the bottom.)

Concerning the new comic: while Khorne and his daemon-ducky are as great as ever, and it's a shame he's probably out of the story (barring my pet theory about Powers eventually going Khornate), for my money the best gag here is the Custodes-shaped hole in the wall in the first panel, mostly because there's no attention drawn to it.

As for the more serious side of things: while it's nice to see Ser has learned some from his experiences, didn't he already do this fealty pledge thing at the end of last chapter? Though I do look forward to seeing more interactions between him and Marnia; the whole chivalric vibe to it is kind of neat, and while I think the "flirting" is done now that Ser's back in his real body, if it ever comes up again it could be hilariously nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I knew it!

THE BLOOD WAS FOR A BLOOD BATH!!!
    It wasn't exactly a big secret, he manifested in a bath towel.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

Great, now I have to read that whole TvTropes page! Thanks a lot, ti'esar.

By far, the most terrifying occurrence of this chapter is having a Custode swear fealty to somebody else. That is a power that should NOT be in hands of anyone that is not a Custode himself, and maybe The Emperor (although, he was a chump, so maybe not).

Also, the creator of the universe answers to Khorne? Was he subjugated, or are you trying to say Chaos and Chaos Gods predate the existence of everything (also, am I missing a Lore check here, thinking they don't?)?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

It wasn't exactly a big secret, he manifested in a bath towel.
    1) I called it LONG before Khorne actually showed up in this comic - the entire idea was the basis for one of my RP characters, in fact.
    2) In this comic, that means absolutely nothing.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That must have been an interesting RP.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282

I'm actually interested to hear about this RP as well

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

You've got my interest as well on this RP, and what sort of character you made for it.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

That must have been an interesting RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I'm actually interested to hear about this RP as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    You've got my interest as well on this RP, and what sort of character you made for it.
    Not really, it died off pretty quickly (all three times I tried) and didn't involve the actual Khorne Or WH40k for that matter.

But if you insist...

I'm a fan of god games. In particular, I enjoy LoC and Godhood style games where you're playing a diety as your main character. There was a point where I wanted to try creating pure good or pure evil characters, and Volk... something, i don't remember his full name, it was something ridiculous for the sake of humor... was my attempt at an evil one: he was basically the joker + Khorne with a wolf motif. His entire motivation was to slaughter enough people that he could take a bath in their blood. As a war god, finding enough people to do that to wasn't the problem; The problem is that blood coagulates, and he would always be interrupted mid-bath by some other diety (probably pissed that he killed their worshippers) or would be unable to finish before the blood became too solid to use. Unlike Khorne, he wasn't much use in a fight - where he excelled was planning battles and breaking morale. And I made him for 3 separate games, none of which lasted very long.

The character essentially spawned from the phrase "BLOOD FOR THE BLOODBATH!!!" Double meanings, amiright?

Some highlights:
    -Created an army of intelligent wolves that use their slaves as their mounts, tricking the enemy into thinking the wolves are harmless without a rider, and then killing them all from inside.
    -Made the human race in his own image 'cuz he's so good lookin', then enslaved half of them so he has people to kill, and let the other half run away so he can have fun chasing them down.
    -F$#@ing his stepdaughter without his knowledge (it's a god game)
    -Fighting and losing to aforementioned stepdaughter WITH his demigod daughter on his side (that one was kind of embarassing, but in my defense, Stepdaughter was the goddess of fate)
    -Offering the decapitated corpse of a baby to the goddess who created that race
    -Feces bombs
    -The first character to greet him does so in the middle of his bath. He does not take the time to put on a towel, because he's that annoyed.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-03-12 at 02:29 PM.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #285

It is a sad thing that your bloodbath can't be filled. I'm sure Khorne may be able to donate something. His physical manifestation is the size of Jupiter, you can only imagine how much blood he is using. I'm sure he can afford to part with a few million gallons.

Also...

Comic 723! 42 panels!!

I originally said that Jeroshaw's template won't be changed, but I decided there was room for improvement, particularly in head rotations, as well as changing limb sizes to give him younger proportions as well as increasing his eye size for similar reasons.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well. That was... not so much unexpected as different.

That kobold maid is, frankly, pretty adorable, and so's Jeroshaw, who I'm pleased to see is back.

So what's the deal with Marnia's eyes anyway?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287

There are so many awesome sprites on this comic. "Peeking-around-the-corner Jeroshaw," "Sad Jeroshaw" and "Hugging Jeroshaw" are my favorites, they're really well made and convey a lot.

18. - Top - End - #288

Yay! I'm improving!

Also if you haven't noticed already, Hypt's been greenlit, and is going to be available on the Steam Store! I have the link to the storefront page in my sig, and the banner's been updated as well!

Also, Comic 724

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Heh, I noticed your signature banner changed earlier today.

Quote Originally Posted by Superintendent Kalros of Hypt
    Why can't anyone just call me Kalros?
    Maybe because this is the second time ever it's been mentioned in the comic, Supes?

Gotta say, I'm really curious where this is going, as I still have no idea what his deal actually is. As I think I indicated when making the TV Tropes page, I'm not entirely convinced by the whole KILL ALL HUMANOIDS shtick.

As with the last comic, it's good to see characters absent from the previous chapter returning to the storyline. Although Lahvin was always the least interesting of the Custodes.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290

"Use your own tears in space and time from now on, Lahvin" "Very well"

Great! Seems like an innocuous exchange, but knowing this comic, now Lahvin will start making his own portals. Maybe by shouting at space-time really loudly like Majin Boo.

21. - Top - End - #291

Fortunately the Superintendent's motives don't have to make sense, they just need to make sense to him. Given it some further thought over the haitus, however, I have come up with a better motive for him that at least makes sense to me, and is consistent with his previous statements and actions. I'm gonna hold on to it for now, and look for opportunities to drop hints to it without being expository. I think I did a good job doing that with Khorne.

Anyways, Comic 725.

Yes! That's right! A new comic one day after the previous comic! First time in years!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Awww. I don't have a problem with the Superintendent's stated motive - as you say, he's kind of nuts - but I was really sure that there were all these clues laced into the Hypt arc (like the way he constantly avoided personally using lethal force against the heroes) that were meant to hint that it was really just a smokescreen for whatever his true agenda was. Now I'm kind of disappointed.

As for the comic itself: good question! I'm sure this is a profitable line of inquiry that will work out well for everyone involved.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

Sharing knowledge with everyone makes the world better! That's what science is about.

24. - Top - End - #294

The Superintendent may be an omnicidal maniac but he's still a man* of science.
    *In the way an Artificial Intelligence can be a man
    Comic 726. For the record, I haven't made this comic in advance, i've just been very motivated to make these comics for some reason.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, I suppose that answers my question about Marnia's eyes. Now I'm sort of curious if it was planned in advance or added as a response.

Frustrated Repairman Marcellan remains one of the greatest running gags. I hope he makes an appearance in all future palace scenes for the duration of the comic.

Surprised to see the Superintendent get so quickly thrown out of the scene (I thought Lahvin would have indulged him a little), but I guess anything speeding up the reveal of the prof's much-hyped plan is a good thing.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296

This keeps moving forward at an amazing pace, can't complain about that. I will say though, the first bubble in panel 4 (by Sereyentheous) reads weird to me.

Also, nice new avatar (is it new? I hope it's new, it looks new to me), but at this point I would like to see a pony custode.

27. - Top - End - #297

It's a new variant of an old avatar. I'm glad people seem to like it!

Also, Pony Custodes (Adeptus Coltstodes) were a thing in Comic 508.

Comic 727 is up. I wear to the Machine God, I do NOT have these comics made in advance!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-04-07 at 06:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

NOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS PONY MARNIA ...oh, hey, another new comic. Man, this update speed is going to give me whiplash.

Yay, Xeno is back! And once again the foremost voice of common sense, it would seem. For an intelligence embodying the collected knowledge of several millennia, the Superintendent really doesn't seem all that bright. (Which is not a criticism; the comic's been a bit lacking in the unjustifiably overconfident villain department since Clanor died).

I expect some other subplots will come up first, but I eagerly anticipate the attack on Hypt, particularly since it means getting to see everyone involved in the very retro-cool look of the Hyptian cyberspace demiplane or whatever it is.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-04-07 at 07:18 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299

One does have to wonder: As a being of pure information, surely Kalros has the introspection to know that if you're cackling maniacally you're probably on the wrong side. All he needs is a biomechanical cat to scratch and a moustache to twirl.

I will make it happen! Maybe.

Comic 728.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, positive character growth from Ser and Marnia is one thing, but from Rand?? WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING ANYMORE

I'm not complaining or anything, mind you - in fact I was expecting it at some point - but still, very surreal to see it happening.

Some other, minor comments:
    • The banner gave me a good idea about this already, but since I've generally been fairly harsh on the new art style I may as well say it for the record: Rand looks good in it.
    • Since when did his hometown have a name, anyway?
    • And why does he care if Jeroshaw eats the cookie? It's not like he can do it.

Edit: Also, cool, an archive update!
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-04-10 at 10:08 PM.
    Show