New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Marnia's hammer didn't dissapear in the third-to-last hammer, on the left edge of the panel you can see her hand holding the handle. It's hard to see but it's definitely there.

Even so, the presence of Hammerspace (no pun intended) is well-established in this comic

Comic 675 is up. This was originally an idea for a part of the previous comic, but, eh.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-08-15 at 12:09 AM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Holy carp, Marnia's actually a little scary here. I'm not sure we've ever seen her lose it like this before.

That thing metal-mask (who really needs an official name - or at least official nickname) does with the mini rocket engines or whatever those are is kinda cool.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, until this point, I never thought Marnia was battle profficient, really. Pokemon battle aside, I always saw her as providing no help in battles.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    You know, until this point, I never thought Marnia was battle profficient, really. Pokemon battle aside, I always saw her as providing no help in battles.
    Clearly anger and combat prowess are directly connected in the WTWU-verse.

(Which would explain why Powers is so broken).
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Clearly anger and combat prowess are directly connected in the WTWU-verse.

(Which would explain why Powers is so broken).
    Powers is not broken, the universe simply doesn't understand.

6. - Top - End - #66

To answer a previous question which I was meaning to answer: Yes. Hypt Dragons were, in fact, made with "Necron Dragons" in mind

However Hypt came first. Honestly, I don't know where the idea originally came from for them, but i'm reasonably confident I did not have necrons in mind.

Comic 676 is up.

7. - Top - End - #67

The only thing I heard from that whole exchange is that Rand's body can now wear power armor. Technically.

That's a big bonus.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

If he dies again, I'm going to laugh really hard.

Why hasn't Rand made more of an effort to get his body back, anyway?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

If he dies again, I'm going to laugh really hard.

Why hasn't Rand made more of an effort to get his body back, anyway?
    Asking for logic and reason to apply in this comic is like asking the Emperor if he'd like to go on a nice stroll through the park.

(presumably because Ser is going on a date with Marnia, for the moment)
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Asking for logic and reason to apply in this comic is like asking the Emperor if he'd like to go on a nice stroll through the park.

(presumably because Ser is going on a date with Marnia, for the moment)
    the Emperor or The Emperor? Wait. I don't think it matters. But now I don't know which one is more impossible.

And if Randserenyentheus dies again, custodian Lahvin can always fix him up again, as it has been previously demonstrated he's more than capable of.

Also, can someone give me the three SHORT names most used for referring to each of the Custodes? I always wonder if I'm remembering them right or not.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sereyenwhatever is "Ser". The other two are Lahvin and Limbaw.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

the Emperor or The Emperor? Wait. I don't think it matters. But now I don't know which one is more impossible.

And if Randserenyentheus dies again, custodian Lahvin can always fix him up again, as it has been previously demonstrated he's more than capable of.

Also, can someone give me the three SHORT names most used for referring to each of the Custodes? I always wonder if I'm remembering them right or not.
    One of them CAN'T WALK

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    One of them CAN'T WALK
    You don't tell the The Emperor what he can or can't do, heretic!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

You don't tell the The Emperor what he can or can't do, heretic!
    *BLAM BLAM BLAM*

You do not tell an Inquisitor what he can or can't do, traitor.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #75

The Inquisition are Heretics!

Yeah, the Custodes are Sereyentheous, Limbaw, and Lahvin.

Comic 677 is up. Not gonna lie, 'twas a bit of an off-day for me. I couldn't be bothered.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    The Inquisition are Heretics!

Yeah, the Custodes are Sereyentheous, Limbaw, and Lahvin.

Comic 677 is up. Not gonna lie, 'twas a bit of an off-day for me. I couldn't be bothered.

yyyyeah... can't place what it is exactly but something about the lasers makes them look more 'globby' than usual.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong. (Well, there's no punchline, but sometimes you just have to go with the laser-shooting instead).

I hope the masked guy doesn't die. At least, not until we find out what his name is already.

...Yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of having to call him "the masked guy" or the like. Why do you ask?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Personally, I don't really see anything wrong. (Well, there's no punchline, but sometimes you just have to go with the laser-shooting instead).

I hope the masked guy doesn't die. At least, not until we find out what his name is already.

...Yeah, I'm getting a bit tired of having to call him "the masked guy" or the like. Why do you ask?
    He's a Vindicare assassin, call him Vinny.

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Actually, now that I think about it, I do have one issue with this one, that's kind of been a recurring one throughout the comic. It took me two readthroughs to get that the last panel was "Vinny" getting hit instead of firing his (?) gun in mid-leap, even though his gun and Marnia's have totally different visual effects. As nice-looking as WTWU usually is, I feel like the visual storytelling is frequently a little unclear.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

The big problem was probably i'm figuring out how to visually convey a coherent beam being swept across in an arc.

Comic 678 is up. No sweeping lasers in this comic.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Dang, I was kind of hoping Marnia would get to win a solo fight for once. Though it's "Vinny" that I feel rather worried about now, particularly since he (?) just gets cooler with each comic - his odds of survival are going to drop drastically if he manages to actually get Torn mad at him, and this is a pretty good way to do it.

(I'm not sure what it says about the development of my relationship to this comic that I'm not even wondering how he managed to surf down a laser beam).
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Dang, I was kind of hoping Marnia would get to win a solo fight for once. Though it's "Vinny" that I feel rather worried about now, particularly since he (?) just gets cooler with each comic - his odds of survival are going to drop drastically if he manages to actually get Torn mad at him, and this is a pretty good way to do it.

(I'm not sure what it says about the development of my relationship to this comic that I'm not even wondering how he managed to surf down a laser beam).
    One of us! One of us!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

On a totally unrelated note: Emperor Ing, am I correct in understanding that this entire 675+ strip comic originally began as backstory for this "ABR" thing that has resurfaced in the last day or so? Because if so, wow.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Back when ABR was starting to take form, a lot of people decided to make backstory comics to their Avatars. I don't know how many, or for that matter, how many were successful, but I can tell you WTwU and Remember Comic are the most notorious ones. At least in my opinion.

Although I don't think so, I might be slightly (surely not entirely) wrong, since it's been a lot of years. Emperor Ing can give the final answer.

25. - Top - End - #85

ABR had long taken form by the time backstory comics started to pop up. It was when ABR stopped being Avatar Battle Royale and started being a community webcomic that the characters made from our avatars started to be given life and personalities, and backstory comics. I believe Remember was the first, with WTwU being the only one to my knowledge which is still ongoing with Remember and My Name is Q being the only ones that were ever actually completed.

One of us! One of us!
    Begin the incantation!

Comic 679 is up!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-08-31 at 11:30 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

That second pannel is awesome. Marnia's pose and face are the best thing I've seen in a while, and may godEMPEROR bless combat dresses.

And I'm glad Marnia's dark side has been given a proper "appearance". You hinted at it a bit in certain situations, but now it's been given shape, form and focus.
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-09-01 at 02:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

ABR had long taken form by the time backstory comics started to pop up. It was when ABR stopped being Avatar Battle Royale and started being a community webcomic that the characters made from our avatars started to be given life and personalities, and backstory comics. I believe Remember was the first, with WTwU being the only one to my knowledge which is still ongoing with Remember and My Name is Q being the only ones that were ever actually completed.
    Interesting; I never knew that (heck, I didn't even know what ABR stood for without a bit of browsing). I gather the whole thing was before my time, both on the forums in general and this specific sub-forum.

Given that we have yet to see a changeling in a floofy dress anywhere in the comic, I'm assuming that means Rand used to be your avatar? Huh. I guess that means he survives the comic.

Re: the new comic... also interesting. I guess that explains why Marnia flipped out so much at such an ineffectual assassination attempt. (Although I thought the queen died of old age?) And Torn's take on morality still weirds me out.

The last panel made me chuckle, though I'm not entirely sure how he thinks that's going to help him much when he's dangling from one.

And I'm glad Marnia's dark side has been given a proper "appearance". You hinted at it a bit in certain situations, but now it's been given shape, form and focus.
    Huh, the part where she imprisoned and tortured a guy for a petty prank didn't count for you? Paladins must have it pretty easy at your games.

(OK, that was mostly played for laughs and this is more serious, but still.)
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-09-01 at 03:44 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Given that we have yet to see a changeling in a floofy dress anywhere in the comic, I'm assuming that means Rand used to be your avatar? Huh. I guess that means he survives the comic.
    Rand was not, in fact, his avatar. But if you don't want to know more, we can leave it at that. I can also tell you that I don't perceive Rand, or any other character for that matter, as having any kind of Plot Armor regarding their future.

(WARNING: That's a tv tropes link)

Huh, the part where she imprisoned and tortured a guy for a petty prank didn't count for you? Paladins must have it pretty easy at your games.

(OK, that was mostly played for laughs and this is more serious, but still.)
    I won't deny that I might have missed, forgotten and/or misinterpreted previous ocasions, but this one is definitely clear on the effect, and will be well remembered.

(And you are right, I might be a bit more lenient than others on what is mischief and what is evil/chaotic, but I certainly don't discriminate against classes. Why, I treat each and every one of them with the same amount of injustice )

29. - Top - End - #89

Rand was not, in fact, his avatar.
    I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that this statement is, in fact, completely incorrect. Rand hasn't been seen as my avatar in a while, yes, but in ABR he was my main character.

30. - Top - End - #90

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say that this statement is, in fact, completely incorrect. Rand hasn't been seen as my avatar in a while, yes, but in ABR he was my main character.
    Well, your avatar was, technically, Rand, but not the version we see in the comic. I wasn't lying per se, I was carefully interpreting things for the convenience of ti'esar, so that he wouldn't consider Rand to be plot inmune.

The bobcat is out of the box now, but I do want to repeat that I, at least, don't see it that way.