New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1172
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

I'm so happy that actually worked.

Incidentally I really hope that Marnia legitimately becomes Queen of Eternus sometime in the overall arc, though that's partly just because I consider Ezekiel a bit of a tool.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Let's be honest, at this point, Marnia's the main character.

Comic 939!

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I actually wonder from time to time whether to bring up the question of whether Marnia sometimes gets too much protagonism, because part of what makes her entertaining is that she more or less thinks she's the main character (and of a somewhat more serious story to boot) but actually isn't.

On the other hand, when the actual main character had to be dragged kicking and screaming into getting character development, I can see how it's attractive.

I think it's a somewhat common dilemma with a certain type of story, really.

Comic 939!
    I am also fine with this.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2017-11-23 at 10:13 PM.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tiny targnilians in tiny dresses.

The ride never ends.

5. - Top - End - #1025

I think it works, as there's no reason she can't have a character arc, plus the characters Savaddor and Arctura are from her backstory, so it makes sense. That said, I think Rand should get more screentime, which I have...something of a plan for, shortly.

Comic 940. Ugh, this one I had a LOT of trouble coming up with ideas for. At least the next comic's pretty self-explanatory on what's going to happen.

Which is why something completely different must happen! It's the Pixar way! (For reference, Pixar has a maxim when writing stories to NEVER use their first ideas, so as to avoid being predictable.)

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Just to be very clear, by no means was I expressing a desire for Marnia to get less screentime or character development/arcs.

(TBH if there's any focus change I actually would want, it would be more Xeno, but I think I've mentioned as much before)

Comic 940
    This... really isn't surprising at all. Except perhaps insofar that his Hypt avatar actually doesn't have arms after all.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Just to be very clear, by no means was I expressing a desire for Marnia to get less screentime or character development/arcs.

(TBH if there's any focus change I actually would want, it would be more Xeno, but I think I've mentioned as much before)
    Oh don't worry, I understand completely.

As for the second request, well, i'm not going to confirm or deny anything about future plans for him, especially in the immediate, as in like one or two comics from now, future.

8. - Top - End - #1028

You want more Xeno?

Comic 941 is up.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yes, he's even going to get to participate in the boss fight (or at least that's the implication I gather). Emperor Ing, when you deliver you deliver!

(Though I have to say I'm a bit surprised at Kalros actually having a plan to deal with Xeno, given his previous hilarious unconcern about the Custodes)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

yep, it that great

11. - Top - End - #1031

That last panel is really good.

12. - Top - End - #1032

In the meantime....Comic 942

Sorry, have to. Saving the best for last.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-12-08 at 12:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is peculiarly adorable.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034

Toddler adventures. This is just great.

Now you just need to somehow fuse this together with targnilians in dresses, and this comic will reach its apogee.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    Toddler adventures. This is just great.

Now you just need to somehow fuse this together with targnilians in dresses, and this comic will reach its apogee.
    I don't think the universe could handle that.

Comic 943.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Man, this plotline is too much. Throwing in the Jeroshaw and Rand plushies on top of Baby Arc is seriously threatening d'awww overload here.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037

Hey i'm having fun with it, glad it's well-received, because it is a bit, well, VERY different from what I usually do

Comic 944!

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Honestly, I kind of doubt Evil Arc is smart enough to put in mental traps.

(Well, 'smart' might not be the right word, but she's way too overconfident).
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1039

This is too precious.

20. - Top - End - #1040

Well, i'll just say there's a logic to how this world works.

Comic 945.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...That's a lot of layers of reality. This is starting to raise some serious ontological questions.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042

...That's a lot of layers of reality. This is starting to raise some serious ontological questions.
    That's my intent. I mean, how much of what Arc is experiencing a simulation? After all, most lotus-eater machines fall apart the moment someone realizes they're inside of one.

Christmas Special '17!
    I wanted to feature the AU characters, because i've been sitting on their templates forever, and not using them is a crime.
    Sorry for lack of comics, I completed 945 at an awkward time and a lot of time was spent on my end preparing for the holidays. I WILL try to get 946, which IS partially done, finished by tomorrow.

Needless to say, Merry Christmas!

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

AU Marnia speaks normally??

And AU Xeno is incredibly disturbing-looking. I know you've shown the design before, but something about it here particularly drives it home.

...Maybe it's just trying to imagine how he can be drinking from a mug when he's missing both his jaw and his throat.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1044

Good, that's the vibe i'm going for. Just wait until you actually MEET him!

Comic 946 is FINALLY up!

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow indeed.

But am I forgetting something here, or is Savaddor killing Kalros... actually a bad thing at this point? Wasn't he just supposed to be distracting him while the main characters took down the server's defenses? Because if he actually does win, won't Kalros just respawn back at the server?
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Wow indeed.

But am I forgetting something here, or is Savaddor killing Kalros... actually a bad thing at this point? Wasn't he just supposed to be distracting him while the main characters took down the server's defenses? Because if he actually does win, won't Kalros just respawn back at the server?
    The moment Kalros realizes that this is what is happening, he'll pop back to his server immediately and begin defending it from our heroes. The longer Savaddor keeps up the illusion that his attempt to kill Kalros is legitimate, the longer it will take for Kalros to realize the actual plan.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

27. - Top - End - #1047

I'm not going to confirm or deny anything but...yeah, HalfTangible's got it, mostly. Though there's some detail I haven't mentioned yet.

And...Anniversary Special! '18!

I don't think very many...anything last this long. Whether it's habit, determination to finish what I started, or something else, it still blows my mind how long i've been working on this comic. My life has gone through so many changes, and I know for a fact that, although like...only 3 or 4 have ever been reading this at any one time, it's aided me in some ways. I am extremely comfortable with writing, in general, as well as knowing how to translate words into a visual format in a way that makes sense. I have been told I have a way with writing that is well beyond my years in its brevity and clarity and have been asked several times how long it takes me to edit my own writing, though they don't believe me when I tell them that this kind of thing, through what is now clearly 10 years of practice, is now, well, effortless for me. Just the first draft, one look-over for typos and the like, and done.

Of course this has also lead me to another question: I have changed, but the comic itself, largely, has not. It's still some bit of pretty obscure artwork in the depths of a scarcely-visited subforum off on the web. That's stagnation if i've ever seen it. For better or for worse, i'd like to find some way to elevate it. Break it out, but I wouldn't know where or how to start. Fortunately I do have one idea, one that is already in action. I won't say what it is, but...

What I will say is that wheels are in motion, and I think this year, you'll find me in places you weren't expecting.

Here's to 2018, I know it'll be a glorious time. Happy new year, and happy 10-year anniversary.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Congratulations on the 10th anniversary!

...and is that really what the earliest incarnation of OOTS-style Rand looked like?? (I don't reread the first couple chapters often).
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049

Here's to another 10 years!

30. - Top - End - #1050

...and is that really what the earliest incarnation of OOTS-style Rand looked like?? (I don't reread the first couple chapters often).
    Unfortunately I could not find an SVG file older than about...Comic 285 or something. At about that time, my variant of OotS style had more-or-less stabilized.

But yes, yes it is. I traced it from Comic 2, so...it's about as authentic as it gets, complete with the various idiosyncrasies in the design that would be fixed in later improvements in my templates. Or at least all the ones that I can recall. (For example, the earliest templates used 1.8 line thickness. Now it's 1.5, though details (hands, belts) use 1, and fine details (Marnia's badge) use 0.5. Plus, Rand's snout was a separate object to the circular head, as was the mouth, which for the first few comics was actually just an object with the same color as the background. Of course, in my current art style i've kinda come full-circle in that the snout is again a separate object, but at least now it WORKS.)

Comic 947!

I'm not gonna lie, I REALLY wanna get back to the vs Kalros battle in Hypt, in addition to Arctura's spin in the Lotus Eater Machine.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-01-03 at 10:49 PM.