New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1172
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

...for some reason, I now want to see a storyline with a bunch of different-timeline Marnias teaming up/fighting.

(Okay, it's pretty clearly not just "for some reason" )
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

I gots me a drawing pad, maybe I can sketch such a scenario.

Comic 957! I won't be using it until after the chapter is finished, sadly.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Kalros
    You didn't HONESTLY think I would fight in a building that, if damaged, would physically hurt me?! How dumb do you have to be, like really?
    ...I mean, given your track record thus far...
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Barbarian in the Playground

Don't worry! Xeno is here to!......save the day?

5. - Top - End - #1085

Comic 958

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ahh, it's been way too long since we've seen Xeno get hideously mangled in the course of a fight that he's actually technically winning.

Should Torn's eyes be green in the last panel, or did Kalros lose control of him for some reason?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087

He lost control. Kalros can't maintain control people while incorporeal.

Comic 959 is up!

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Targnillian #2, noooo!

This could be going better, though honestly it's still more effective then just about any other fight we've seen someone put up against Kalros. (Although actually I've lost track of how many different iterations of him are fighting someone right now - is the Otiart thing still going on?)
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089

We've moved past Otiart so that's not happening. There are only two Kalroses currently.

Comic 960.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

For the most powerful artificial intelligence on Aios, Kalros can be a bit dense sometimes. If Xeno grew his jaw back, he couldn't make horrifying seasonal special appearances. Duh.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1091

This is why I'm okay with putting Kalros in charges. He chases after the real mysteries in life.

12. - Top - End - #1092

Kalros' biggest strength and weakness is his curiosity. No stone must be unturned. No forbidden tomes, unopened. What is it like to die?

Comic 961!

Also, FYI, the following haitus after this chapter is finished (i'm probably gonna cut the chapter short, you'll see) it'll be a rather long haitus. You see, i've been holding myself back, significantly, in terms of my artistic ability by relying on Inkscape templates to do, well, all of my drawing, so I gots a graphics tablet and i'm re-training myself how to draw. My intent is to get to the point where I can make passable artwork in my style, in a way where I only make subtle improvements over the years. Suffice to say, expect some big things.

Here's one sketch i've done
    Spoiler
    Show

Still got a ways to go. For example, I need to figure out how to line art. Also the porportions aren't great. The legs are very short, for example.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Xeno, are you sure you've really thought this through?

Not sure what I think of the idea of shifting the comic to a hand-drawn (so to speak) style, but it's your project, so go for it if it's what you want. I will say, though, that even given the chibiesque nature of the character designs, that sample Rand's eyes look huuuge. It's a little jarring.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094

Looking forward to more art. I'll reserve commentary for now.

15. - Top - End - #1095

It's a WIP, obviously. Once I become more comfortable hand-drawing the art style will stabilize. I suspect it'll resemble like it does now, except a lot less chibi and WAY more dynamic.

Comic 962

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm sorry I doubted you, Xeno.

Kalros is going down like a house of cards - I always suspected he wouldn't be the final boss, but this is still pretty dramatic.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097

The answer to that, Kalros, is the same reason why you shouldn't play poker.

.....Now I want to the the WtwU crew playing hold'em.
    Last edited by Keios; 2018-03-12 at 09:21 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1098

I doubt I could make poker or any of its variants interesting.

Comic 963! We shall refer to this one as the Arc!verse.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...you know, I probably should have thought about the possibility before now that the 'simulations' were sentient sapient in their own right. If that's actually what's going on here.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100

I'll let you come to your own conclusions how this world works.

Comic 964!

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

d'awwwwwwwwww

(I know I should be more interested in the apparent internal self-consistency here, but)
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1102

Let's just forget about everything else and have a comic exclusively about baby Arc's adventures.

23. - Top - End - #1103

I'm not saying I haven't thought of making this comic exclusively about baby Arc adventures. What's even more remarkable is I made a comic about a baby robot dragon adorable.

Comic 965!

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I don't really think it's that hard to make a baby robot dragon adorable. Though admittedly I'm speaking as someone who likes robots and dragons.

Comic 965!
    ..."Blaheth." I've missed Marniaspeak.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105

I can't handle that last panel. This is me not being able to handle it right now.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Well it is very different to the usual stories I tell but I think it's turning out a lot better than I expected.

Speaking of, Comic 966! I had WAAAAY too much fun drawing the backgrounds for this.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Don't think I don't notice you cameoing in the sixth panel, Kayl. (Though does Evil Arc actually know that? Hmm. And that's without getting into whether she actually controls this world or just set it in motion).

Also, this is driving me nuts: what do 'lizard noises' of any variety actually sound like?? Most lizards I've seen are pretty quiet.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Also, this is driving me nuts: what do 'lizard noises' of any variety actually sound like??
    They sound smug, of course.

29. - Top - End - #1109

Lizard noises

Comic 967

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, now I'm super confused. (And also amused, but that kind of goes without saying at this point.)
    Show