New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Man, can't a couple of lizards have a nice dinner (or... not, apparently?) anymore without a gaggle of Imperial Guardsmen crashing the place?! They should totally complain to the manager, at least if she survives.

And yay, Powers is finally back! Apart from a cameo or two he's been gone for like a hundred comics. Too bad the other Custodians aren't there, as their interactions with him were pretty great, but there's some interesting potential here.
    You should've seen it not so long ago, there where designated zones for humans and xenos everywhere: public transport, restaurant, bathrooms....

Now there's only two zones: the dead zone, full of heretics and xenos; and the living zone, full of people that we have yet to move into the other zone.

<Russian_Accent> Such is life in the Empire. </Russian_Accent>
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-10-07 at 10:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Oh so NOW lasguns aren't useless.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

One thing I'm confused about: how does Powers still have the authority to command Guard units at this point? Isn't he supposed to be a fugitive from justice or something like that?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Hotshot Lasguns. Like Lasguns, except not useless.

Comic 692 is up. Powers makes his return, and his debut in my new art style.

Now if you'll excuse me I want to pivot to working on Hypt.

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm not at all sure I care for Powers's new appearance. He looks too badass - and, yeah, I know he is, but I always thought it made a nice contrast how he wasn't actually that visually intimidating.

I do like how Marnia apparently decided to bring a plasma rifle to a dinner date, though. She may be pervasively wrong-genre-savvy, but she does at least know something about the story she's in.

And I love Ser's constant stream of insults, though I'm not sure if he's attempting an actual strategy or if it just still hasn't sunk for him yet that he's no longer invincible.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #156

Anything I can say about this strip is good. Thus, I will refrain from saying anything, only because I can't decided what deserves the most praise.

I will say, though, I did not expect Powers to have that much....restraint? when in his "red curtain" mode, for him to notice any change in Randserentheyous.
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-10-12 at 09:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

I like to imagine Rand and Powers have a "nemesis" thing going on.

Comic 693 is up. I have no idea what i'm doing.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Holy carp! When I came up with the joke about "the Guardsmen all dying if even Marnia so much as glared at them" that I've been looking for an opportunity to use these last few strips, I never thought it would actually happen!

Okay, it's pretty easy to guess what really happened to them - or at least what the two possibilities are - but still.

And Nrgh sounds like a fun place to visit.

Never let Ser's trash talk stop, BTW.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

Never let Ser's trash talk stop, BTW.
    Every panel where there's a Custode and it's not talking is a HUGE missed opportunity. But I agree Randserentheyeous (pretty sure I spell that differently everytime) should keep being condescending to Powers. Mostly because it's hilarious, but also because it makes Powers go apecrap.
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-10-16 at 09:28 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160

If you want you could start using one of his hundreds of other names, a lot of them should be much simpler to spell.

Sorry, no new comic. Just a heads-up, all my attention is focused on meeting a milestone for Hypt I have set up this sunday. Specifically, I want Hypt to be as polished as possible with as much content as I can muster for when I submit it to Independent Games Festival, which means I won't be working on WTwU for that duration. Think of this as a mini-haitus.

For those of you who want something, have a screenshot.
    Spoiler
    Show

See you on Monday.

11. - Top - End - #161

Serethenyeous is his official name to me, for some reason. It just kind of stuck in my memory.

Hiatus is not a problem, but that screenshot actually is: you seem to be out of bounds....

12. - Top - End - #162

Context needed. It's the Dev Level, where I test out most, if not all my mechanics before plopping them into actual levels. There are no bounds.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Considering that this has been updating about every four days for as long as I've been following it, that's like a one-day hiatus. That's nothing.

As for Hypt, I still want to try it, but I'm not sure I want to get Unity just for it.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

I'm still trying to find ways to upload a build without you needing to download anything. The closest thing i've found is to upload a web build. It requires you to get Unity Web Player, but it's a very small file size.

Also, you misheard me, or maybe I misspoke. I'm not gonna put any effort towards making comics until Monday. Maybe Sunday. Any new comics will be uploaded next Wednesday or Thursday.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, I think I did misunderstand. Though that's still just like one missed update.

I guess I'll take any further questions about Unity to the Hypt thread, then.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-10-17 at 07:51 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166

New demo build of Hypt is up, if you're interested. Now easier to play, requiring fewer parts.

Comic 694 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-10-24 at 12:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I wouldn't have pegged Powers as a cheese man.

Still not sure what's going on with Ser's casting. His speech seems to be about how it's different from WH40K sorcery, but it's also different from Rand's arcane magic.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168

Still not sure what's going on with Ser's casting. His speech seems to be about how it's different from WH40K sorcery, but it's also different from Rand's arcane magic.
    I have but one simple explanation: if you give magic capabilities to a Custode, of course he's gonna bring it up to a googol and found a new, extremely overpowered form of magic.

This is the same magic any creature in a D&D universe has access to. The only difference is, the caster's level is Graham's number. Or maybe it's not about levels, and just like anything complex and difficult for a mortal has been proven time and time again to be extremely trivial for a Custode (and viceversa ), Randserenyetheous has found that whatever explanation Serenthenrand gave him about magic has nothing to do with its true form and reason. Ergo, he's gotten to understand the true mechanism of magic.

Okay, that's two possible explanations. Sue me.
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-10-24 at 08:32 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

He said it came from his imagination, I'm sure a 10k year old super soldier can imagine quite a bit.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #170

Comic 695 is up.

Don't worry i'm going somewhere with this (I hope)

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Oh, Rand. Haven't we had the crisis of self-confidence over getting swapped into the body of one of the most powerful beings in existence already? Though kudos to him for finally blasting Powers; I'd been waiting for him to do that the whole fight.

And kudos to Marnia for the penny finally dropping (yeah, it was really obvious by now, but this is Marnia we're talking about). Though I'm not sure what to make of Ser's nonplussed reaction: the fact that she called him "Rand" in every comic up to this point didn't clue him in? I know the Custodes are kinda oblivious, but seriously.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Figured I should post this before the next comic goes up so it'll be spotted sooner: Emperor Ing, your PM inbox is apparently full.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

Well inbox cleared if you have any questions.

Comic 696 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-11-02 at 12:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So for the first 7.5 panels of this one I thought the chapter might be to starting to wrap up - and with apparent positive character growth, no less! So naturally that meant it ended with a big "welp" moment.

Though Ser's actually sorta got a point - in power terms the body-swap is a net positive for him and Rand both.

(Incidentally, why hasn't Marnia healed herself)?
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-11-02 at 12:51 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

That was a lot of seriousness. Not that I think it's improper or anything, but it's certainly something you don't see often.

Randserentheyeous is technically right, but he's still inside a squishy body (as squishy as an epic level mage is, I mean). He might change his mind.

26. - Top - End - #176

Inkscape exploded. Comic 697 will be delayed

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Is there an ETA on Comic 697? I'm not impatient or anything, just wondering (as someone unfamiliar with Inkscape) whether you need to remake the whole thing from scratch or not.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

Is there an ETA on Comic 697? I'm not impatient or anything, just wondering (as someone unfamiliar with Inkscape) whether you need to remake the whole thing from scratch or not.
    Expect it tomorrow at the latest. Maybe I get a lot of free time and it appears later tonight but I wouldn't count on it. Put simply, yes. I do need to remake the comic from scratch.

However, having to rewrite it completely, I can say that this one is definitely funnier.

29. - Top - End - #179

aaand...the long-awaited Comic 697. Now with 0.0001% more randomness.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    aaand...the long-awaited Comic 697. Now with 0.0001% more randomness.

This would've been a great time for the art style to change.

Extended Sig