New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Oh dear...

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Yikes! Hubristic much, Ser? I was expecting this one to be an anticlimax that led to the body swap; instead I have no idea where it's going.

Was it Ser that turned Powers into a pony (which was awesome, by the way), or is that just some humorous randomness?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

3. - Top - End - #183

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    Yikes! Was it Ser that turned Powers into a pony (which was awesome, by the way), or is that just some humorous randomness?
    Is there any difference?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

Ugh. Just...ugh. Not a bad day but I just wasn't feeling 100% here.

Comic 697. Sorry, but I was really drawing a blank on what to add panels-wise.

Q? C? C?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Powers, I'm pretty sure turning yourself into a Pokemon counts as heresy of some kind. (That is a Pokemon, right? Not up to date on them anymore but it looks familiar).

I have to agree that this one seemed abrupt, but I'll wait for more context before judging it too harshly.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #186

Powers, I'm pretty sure turning yourself into a Pokemon counts as heresy of some kind. (That is a Pokemon, right? Not up to date on them anymore but it looks familiar).

I have to agree that this one seemed abrupt, but I'll wait for more context before judging it too harshly.
    That is, indeed, the Pokemon Lairon.

And this is totally unprecedented and befuddling.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    And this is totally unprecedented and befuddling.
    Meh, I'm not sure it's any weirder than usual for this comic.

And speaking of weird, am I the only one who's kind of gaping at how quickly we've transitioned from "dinner date comedy of errors" to "potential worldwide apocalypse"? Not complaining, just kind of amused.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

Meh, I'm not sure it's any weirder than usual for this comic.

And speaking of weird, am I the only one who's kind of gaping at how quickly we've transitioned from "dinner date comedy of errors" to "potential worldwide apocalypse"? Not complaining, just kind of amused.
    For at least two comics (well, kind of 4 pannels), Powers hasn't said anything that involved threats, violence, murder, cleansing, heresy or any combination whatsoever of those. That is certainly, in my standards for this comic, unusually weird.

But I do agree this pacing is taking some exciting plot leaps.

9. - Top - End - #189

Well he's transforming. A lot.

Comic 699.

Questions? Comments? Critique?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is pretty good buildup. Though I can't imagine for what right now - we've literally just had it shown moments ago that Ser's basically untouchable, and honestly I don't want to see it come to a fight anyway. But certainly this comic is never going to see a problem solved peacefully.

And I guess that's the Xs for eyes question settled, for the moment. Though what the heck were those civilians still doing there, anyway? I assumed they'd all run away several comics ago.

My only real criticism is that I can't tell if the spell effect in the last panel is supposed to be coming from somewhere recognizable.

Edit: Also, the extra-weird thing about Powers being the voice of reason right now is that I always gave him decent odds on falling to Chaos himself before the end of the comic.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-11-18 at 12:28 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

So far there's only six characters whose fates I have planned for the end of the comic, Powers is one of 'em. I won't say anything.

Comic 700 is up.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    So far there's only six characters whose fates I have planned for the end of the comic, Powers is one of 'em. I won't say anything.
    Not the flat-out denial I was expecting? Eeenteresting...

Regarding the comic: OH YES THEY'RE ACTUALLY GOING TO USE THE TANK IN BATTLE YES YESS

Though I admit, I'm feeling pretty bad for the people of Eternus. I think the comic's only lasted a couple of weeks or so in-universe, and in that time they've had to face terrorists, an invasion, gangsters, a boring party, genocidal robots, and now this. For the greatest magical and technological power in the world, it's a rough place to live.

And I really like the look of AI Powers, though sadly he'll probably be gone by next comic. Starting to wonder if there's a real reason for that or just random silliness.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193

Nobody said living in this kind of world of serial escalation of magic-fueled violence and destruction would be easy, even if the lifestyle of the average individual is pretty damn good.

Comic 701

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Yyyeah, I don't think anyone actually expected that to work.

The visuals in this one kind of bugged me, honestly. The summoning ritual effect still kind of looks like just a big white blob, and conversely Marcellan's shoulderpad looks a little overdetailed and weird. And Powers's neck in the fifth panel seems a little misaligned with his body.

Edit: Disregard the last, that's actually his left pauldron.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-11-26 at 09:26 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

In the meantime, let's build it up some more!

Comic 702. Now with 100% more Blood God!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

In the meantime, let's build it up some more!

Comic 702. Now with 100% more Blood God!

0 to 1 is not a 100% increase. 100% increase = multiply by 2.

Also: I tried the 'always during my bloodbath' gimmick for a character once. It wasn't as funny.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aww, his rubber ducky has horns on it. That's weirdly cute.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of six-panel comics lately? That's not a complaint - the pacing and content are fine - but it's kind of noticeable.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Of course mighty Khorne couldn't escape this comic sillyness, not even for more than one panel.

Also, that fourth panel looks really awesome.

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    0 to 1 is not a 100% increase. 100% increase = multiply by 2.
    Heresy!

As for 6-panel comics, I use as many panels as I need, while trying to keep a number of panels that is a multiple of 3. If they happen to follow a numerical pattern then so be it.

Comic 703 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-12-06 at 12:00 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

By six-panel comics I really meant comics consisting of two rows of panels, since that usually adds up to six.

Comic 703 is up.

Yeah, that'll work.

Visually my opinion's still a little mixed. The featureless white blur of the spell effect remains pretty uninspiring to look at, but the silhouette effect on Ser is pretty cool, and so's Khorne.

Speaking of Khorne, the way he's so mellow about this whole thing is hilarious.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201

Sooooooo how is Sereyentherand going to screw up firing the cannon? And if he doesn't, how earth-shattering will its effects be (assuming Randsereyentheous super magics doesn't shatter the universe)?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sooooooo how is Sereyentherand going to screw up firing the cannon? And if he doesn't, how earth-shattering will its effects be (assuming Randsereyentheous super magics doesn't shatter the universe)?
    Meh, he's not aiming at the planet, it'll be fine.

...Well, okay, "fine" isn't the right word. I'll admit to wondering how everyone will get out of this without the Emperor needing to step in and ctrl-z everything again.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

I got my ideas.

Comic 704 is up.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2014-12-10 at 12:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That was, indeed, unexpected! (Well, not so much the ultimate spell getting shrugged off). It's both amazing and funny to see a comic where a Custodes admitting his own fallibility is not the most shocking thing to happen. Was that the diverted-power cannon blast Ser ordered last time, or did Powers* just ram Khorne with the tank?

Ser's eyes changing color like Rand's when he runs out of magic was a neat detail.

* I'm guessing it's Powers because he was the only one not to be shown as having bailed out last comic, plus it seems like the sort of thing he'd do.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-12-10 at 12:17 AM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205

I'm gonna go all "anime" con Randsereyentheous and say "You used as much power as you could imagine, yet you never imagined yourself victorious. This is your failure".

That aside, I'm gonna go with ti'esar option 2, also known 'Chekhov's Gun': What (may have) killed Khorne is the already shown, way back, ludicrous speed the tank can manage, and the even more ludicrous speeds mentioned but not used at the time. Not, in fact, the canon.

The canon is WEAK and doesn't lift.

26. - Top - End - #206

Go a bit further back and you'll find the answer, for you indeed knows what beats Khorne.

Comic 705. I'm really running out of things to transform Powers into.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm really running out of things to transform Powers into.
    I still want to know why he keeps transforming!

Punching the tank through Khorne would have been a little more over-the-top, but this works too. Though part of me is sort of grousing that once again Marnia winds up contributing nothing...

And come on, Keios, even in this comic a Chaos God wasn't going to go down in one hit.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Counter argument: if it was ever going to happen, it would have had to be this comic.

29. - Top - End - #209

Counter argument: if it was ever going to happen, it would have had to be this comic.
    Probably.

Comic 706 is up.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, why don't you just drop down on a crane while you're at it, you big gray walking plot device?

...Though seriously, I was actually just thinking it was about time he showed up.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2014-12-18 at 01:14 AM.
    Show