New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    ...Though seriously, I was actually just thinking it was about time he showed up.
    Same .
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Finally! The protagonist* of this comic makes an apperance. Tis a glorious day.

*Yeah, I said it.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

By the way, I love that the Emperor's sound effects are all in this super-plain gray text, as opposed to the fancy font and stuff Khorne has going on.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

Anyways, Comic 707.

There's a perfectly good reason why this comic is only three panels even though it's been five days, but I have an idea for a christmas special so i'll let you know once i've posted it. Let me just say though: HELP ME! I actually am in complete agony all day today, and have been since the moment I woke up!

Questions? Comments? Critique?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ouch, that sounds bad. Best wishes for your quick recovery.

Regarding the comic: Khorne versus the Emperor? This is going to be good.

(Well, actually, it'll probably be quite bad for everyone around them, no matter which one wins. But it should be entertaining to watch).
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

6. - Top - End - #216

That last panel....So happy!

Regarding pain: I've had a couple of episodes in my life of constant pain throughout my day. They've either been something minor like Sinusitis, or required minor surgery. In any case, I've learned to go to the doctor immediately, for it is never worth it to "wait and see" in these cases.
    And don't think twice about taking mild analgesics and, if you think it's needed, anti-inflammatory. Some of the worst pain I experienced in my life was just an inflammation, putting extra pressure in places where you don't want it.
    Last edited by Keios; 2014-12-23 at 09:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217

Lessons learned the hard way for me. Fortunately not too long ago I dodged the bullet on a lesson that would have cost me $160 to learn the hard way.

And..WTwU Christmas Special '14 is up! Much rejoicing!

Anyways...yeah. WTwU's gonna go on a mini-haitus for a bit. Not longer than a week, but my recent health problems have caused my work, especially on Hypt, to suffer. I've fallen pretty far behind on my own development schedule, and i'd rather not have distractions like WTwU weigh me down. Also, i'm past the agony I was feeling all day long on monday (not exaggerating at all) so I shouldn't have very many problems playing catch-up, barring the fact that i've lost a LOT of momentum, and there's at least two game-breaking glitches that seemed to have popped up out of the woodworks.

Fun times to be had by all

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wow, a (semi-) in-continuity Christmas special! Wasn't expecting that.

Santa Khorne is pretty great. Though honestly, I'm more impressed by the fact that the Emperor has finally met an opponent he can't effortlessly defeat.

I've been meaning to get around to trying Hypt again. Probably should do that soon.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219

And...i'm back, to the surprise of absolutely no-one ever. Not gonna lie though, the hiatus was very helpful in getting me through the last few days of 2014. Especially with Hypt, where those two glitches were not only fixed (one of the glitches was absolutely game-breaking, but was fixed by deleting *drum roll* three lines of code.) but a pause feature, a save system, and a select-level system were implemented, and fully functional*.
    *fully functional for the four levels in the demo version. I am NOT looking forward to implementing all 120 levels into the level-select menu >:P

Comic 708 is up!

And i'm going on hiatus again! Actually no, not really, but i'm going on a ski trip tonight (starting probably 30 minutes from now) and I may or may not have internet. In other words, don't expect a comic between now and the 11th.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

What do they need to abandon the planet for? There's two Custodes already on it (three counting Rand)! That ought to be more than enough for any problem.

On another note, I'm glad these two are being given something to do (well, to fight, but that's pretty much the same thing when it comes to this comic). I was a bit worried the focus was going to shift entirely to the Emperor fighting Khorne with the rest of the cast getting pushed aside until it was done. Not that the Emperor isn't great and everything, but he's always felt best in small doses - though the current situation is a bit different from any we've seen him in before - and to be honest, I like Ser, Marnia, and Powers (wherever he is) better overall anyway.

Edit: Incidentally, I like the design on the daemons' swords.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-01-05 at 02:57 AM.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

What do they need to abandon the planet for? There's two Custodes already on it (three counting Rand)! That ought to be more than enough for any problem.
    Keep in mind that Serey didn't even consider fighting Khorne like this until he had the power of a sorcerer. Meaning that three custodes would not be enough to kill Khorne, else Serey (or even the Adeptus as a whole) would have tried it already.

I imagine this is at least partly because Khorne is a natural user of vehemic energy - he becomes stronger the more violence is perpetrated, so any attack the Custodes made would ultimately just make Khorne powerful enough to counter them. And that's assuming they had the power to one-shot him anyway, which I doubt because - again - they didn't even try.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...I was just making a "Custodes can do anything" joke.

Although that does raise the question of whether Khorne is the first thing we've seen that can actually kill one of them - in their normal state, not Ser-in-Rand's-squishy-caster-body - without "cheating" to do it. He certainly can obliterate the planet, but we saw Rand in Ser's body survive that before.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223

Call the Custodes, the Arcane Incarnations, the Ghostbusters, everyone! But truthfully, this daemon's only challenge will be their near-infinite number, right? Surely they're nothing on the level of our epic-level heroes or, god forbid, a Custode.

[...]- and to be honest, I like Ser, Marnia, and Powers (wherever he is, whatever he is) better overall anyway.[...]
    FTFY.
    Last edited by Keios; 2015-01-06 at 09:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Marnia's actually only fifteenth level, and Ser's out of magic. Though yeah, I do mostly anticipate these things being glorified mooks.

And now that you mention it, where are the Arcane Incarnations? It's certainly not going to do any favors for their claim to the high ground if the Emperor saves the world while they sit around doing nothing.

(Not that they've ever really done anything useful, but still).
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-01-05 at 05:26 PM.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

I have an interpretation of Khorne's nature that, IMO, gives him a bit more complexity than just "HURR KILL BLOOD RAGE MAGIC SUX" unfortunately I haven't the opportunity to establish it. At the minimum, i've been able to drop hints. For example, his speech bubbles imply screaming and he talks in all-caps, however he's relatively mild-mannered.

Anyways, i've got some ideas. The question is: Can I do good build-up?

Comic 709 is at last up!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That's... pretty not good.

Cool angle on Marnia in the second panel. That's something that wouldn't have worked in OOTS style.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I have an interpretation of Khorne's nature that, IMO, gives him a bit more complexity than just "HURR KILL BLOOD RAGE MAGIC SUX" unfortunately I haven't the opportunity to establish it. At the minimum, i've been able to drop hints. For example, his speech bubbles imply screaming and he talks in all-caps, however he's relatively mild-mannered.
    Huh, I was just parsing that stuff as a joke.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227

No reason it can't both be serious and humorous. I enjoy the artistic dissonance personally

However I might end up going into Draco in Leather Pants territory.

Comic 710. I abandoned one such opportunity because this comic is funnier.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    No reason it can't both be serious and humorous. I enjoy the artistic dissonance personally

However I might end up going into Draco in Leather Pants territory.

Comic 710. I abandoned one such opportunity because this comic is funnier.

I think you meant "Complimenting"

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wait, why's the Emperor attacking Khorne entirely with physical moves? He's practically a god himself, surely he can do something besides fight the guy on (what I presume are) his own terms.

He did have a couple of funny lines, though. Not that that's out of the usual.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, why's the Emperor attacking Khorne entirely with physical moves? He's practically a god himself, surely he can do something besides fight the guy on (what I presume are) his own terms.

He did have a couple of funny lines, though. Not that that's out of the usual.
    Someone that powerful, performing a task like this as often as the Emperor does, isn't going to open up with the big guns. That's boring.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #231

Self-impairing is what makes battles fun!

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    Self-impairing is what makes battles fun!
    It's also possible that the Emperor has made Khorne more powerful with each diety he's slain, so that Khorne is actually even MORE powerful than the Emperor.

He DID, after all, wait until Serey's attack failed to attack Khorne.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #233

I'm not saying anything.

Comic 711 is up. I had a lot of fun with this.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Damn. Between the Kaylethia fight and this, Marnia's taken a serious level in awesomeness this chapter. Maybe even enough to counterbalance the whole "total obliviousness about her date really being a Custodian" thing.

Although I still maintain that fight scenes in the new art style are a bit more confusing then they used to be. And visually cooler, sure, but still.

And what's the big deal about Kenny? Ser killed at least one other daemon in 709, doesn't anyone care about him? Poor guy...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

And what's the big deal about Kenny? Ser killed at least one other daemon in 709, doesn't anyone care about him? Poor guy...
    Because he's the only one that got named, and as we all know, Nominal Importance is very important.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This comic has actually always had a really interesting relationship with "nominal importance". Any character who sticks around a while without getting a name usually winds up dying, like that bunch of Arcane Incarnations from Chapter 9. (That's why I was so sure "Vinny" was either Kaylethia in disguise or going to get killed off). But on the other hand, the single most powerful character in it is known only as the Emperor, and he's not even the only "the Emperor" in the setting.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Hmm, I should experiment with a major character with no name...

Okay probably not gonna happen.

Comic 712

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, I'll admit, this one confused me. Are the daemons not fighting back because they're all focused on Rand? But what's that have to do with staying quiet?

Also, what the heck is Powers this time? Another Pokemon? A tyranid of some sort? All I can tell is that he's some kind of arthropod.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

They're seeing what they think is a Custode. This will either make them terribly afraid (they're never that wise...) or have a millenary grudge. It's a good thing that, even if sereyenthRand doesn't know how to fight like a Custode, he is still invulnerable to basically everything.

30. - Top - End - #240

And...

Comic 713.