New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

Okay, that? That was pretty great. And I loved the late daemon prince's name.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by oppyu View Post
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

Check this game out! Or at least give it a thumbs up.
    Why "because the plot said so" is not a good answer.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Well That was Unexpected Thread III: I Throw Comics at the Wall, You See What Sti

So my first option happened, which I actually expected the least, but with a bit of a twist. As said, really great strip.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So, uh, is there an ETA on the next comic?

I don't really mind waiting, but this is the longest time (at least since I started following it) that WTWU's gone without either an update or an explanation for why there isn't an update. Though I figure it's something to do with Hypt.
    Show
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    There is nothing more emblematic of this forum than three or four pages of debate between people who, as it turns out, pretty much agree with each other.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Hopefully, before the end of today. But yes, Hypt is consuming most of my attention.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #245

And...

Comic 714. Not gonna lie, not only have I been busy with Hypt, but I was at a loss of inspiration for this comic in particular. I like to think i'm going somewhere, though.

If you haven't known already, my game Hypt is on Steam Greenlight. Check it out, and share it with your friends.

Questions? Comments? Critique?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    And...

Comic 714. Not gonna lie, not only have I been busy with Hypt, but I was at a loss of inspiration for this comic in particular. I like to think i'm going somewhere, though.

If you haven't known already, my game Hypt is on Steam Greenlight. Check it out, and share it with your friends.

Says it doesn't exist =/
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #247

Steam Greenlight

Try that.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well. That was... even more random than usual. Nice to check in with all of our currently-involved characters at once, though. (Except Powers, but I can guess why he wasn't there).

I like Ser and Marnia's solution to the former's newfound problems with fatigue - previously I just thought it was going to be a one-off - and Khorne and the Emperor's easygoing battle to the death remains amusing.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-02-04 at 01:05 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249

Remain calm. Everything is as ****ed up as as you would expect. Proceed normally.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Keios View Post
    Remain calm. Everything is as ****ed up as as you would expect. Proceed normally.
    In other words, reading my comic is like gazing unprotected into the Warp?

Comic 715!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-02-08 at 11:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

According to my still fairly limited understanding of WH40K canon, the Warp is small-c chaos in its purest form, whereas this comic, at its best, has a method to its madness. So I'd say the comparison works out in your favor.

Well, I have no idea what Rand is thinking (...which is no different from normal, I suppose), but I've getting the feeling of a chapter climax approaching here.

...Of course, I've had that feeling a couple of other times before in this chapter, but that was because I still believed it would be "more slice-of-life styled and [focused] more on situational comedy and characterization than the usual laser-beaming shenanigans".

On a minor note, what the heck is a Sidereal? Khorne's "Boss Subtitles" also called him one, but I can't find anything about it on his 40K wiki page, or on the one for Chaos Gods as a concept for that matter.

Edit: Oh, hey, just realized Khorne's sword hilts are in the shape of his symbol. That's kind of a cool little detail.
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-02-09 at 12:25 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252

Is there such a thing as gazing protectedly into the Warp?

But on a more important note, GO RAND! I'm sure whatever you've planned will work perfectly and solve the conflict!

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    ...Of course, I've had that feeling a couple of other times before in this chapter, but that was because I still believed it would be "more slice-of-life styled and [focused] more on situational comedy and characterization than the usual laser-beaming shenanigans".

On a minor note, what the heck is a Sidereal? Khorne's "Boss Subtitles" also called him one, but I can't find anything about it on his 40K wiki page, or on the one for Chaos Gods as a concept for that matter.
    Well, this chapter not falling to the usual ridiculous bouts of violence thing fell by the wayside obviously.

Originally, I had no intention of the Khorne arc, obviously. But it came to me when I realized that if Sereyentheous learning how to use Rand's magic better than Rand can (and given the Custodes' usual MO of turning it up to 1111 (because turning it up to 11 isn't enough for them) meant anything can happen,) he wouldn't want his non-magical Custodes body if it meant losing his newfound powers.

Also, I referenced Khorne as being one of the "Gods the Gods pray to." Put simply, Khorne is an Overdeity, a being that is to a deity what a deity is to a mortal. This doesn't come from 40k at all, but from me attempting to incorporate 40k mythology into the WTwU universe. The Chaos Gods are Sidereals. The idea of Sidereals comes from the Immortal's Handbook (and before anyone says it actually comes from Exalted, i've never played exalted and my knowledge of it is peripheral and secondhand at best, but Immortals Handbook probably was inspired by Exalted.)

In the meantime...Comic 716!

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-02-13 at 01:07 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

If a Custodes could do that WHY DIDN'T SER DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE BEFORE HE HAD RAND'S BODY?!

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Okay, judging by that comment it might be just on my end, but I'm having trouble accessing the new comic. My browser just isn't connecting to anything.

Edit: Ah, finally got it.

As far as HalfTangible's question goes, I'm going to reserve judgment on this one until next comic. If Rand just outright killed Khorne, it's going to feel like a bit of a cop-out at the very least. But I'm not at all sure he did yet.

Also, interesting that the Emperor thinks his "trump card" can still work against Khorne even if Khorne no-sells magic. Hmm...
    Last edited by ti'esar; 2015-02-13 at 01:52 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

This is what I wanted AND what I didn't want all along. Unless the next comic proves me wrong.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Aww, no Valentine's Day Horror Special this year?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

It's late, but I think I can scrounge together some good WTwU Valentine's Day Horror Cards

Comic 717 is up!

Q? C? C?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Emperor damn it, Ser, make up your freaking mind already! The guy's flip-flopped at least twice on his preferred body, like three times now on whether he's interested in Marnia... it's a wonder he managed to stick to one opinion long enough to qualify as one of the Custodes.

Actually, do people actually qualify to become Custodes, or are they more like Primarchs - i.e., grown from scratch? Serious question here.

As for Khorne... yeah, I'm sticking by my opinion from last time: ominous glowing or not, that was a bit anticlimactic. Though I kind of doubt he's actually dead-dead instead of just banished back into the Warp.

And *CRAAAG* is kind of an amusing "sound" effect.

It's late, but I think I can scrounge together some good WTwU Valentine's Day Horror Cards
    As long as it's got the annual Xeno creepiness, works for me.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

That *CRAAAG* made me think of Aggro Crag, the "flirting" (for lack of a better word) was amusing, Randsereyentheos finally came to his senses, and there's a pending sense of doom floating about.

10/10, cool story bro.

21. - Top - End - #261

Actually, do people actually qualify to become Custodes, or are they more like Primarchs - i.e., grown from scratch? Serious question here.
    To the best of my understanding, Custodes are grown from scratch, but the Primarchs are that process perfected, they're basically Master-Crafted Custodes.

Which means that Grey Knights are NOT mini-Primarchs!

As long as it's got the annual Xeno creepiness, works for me.
    That's mandatory.

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-02-19 at 04:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

To the best of my understanding, Custodes are grown from scratch, but the Primarchs are that process perfected, they're basically Master-Crafted Custodes.

That's mandatory.

Love Ser's light effect.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Reaction to the first two: nice sentiments, nice light for Ser, though Khorne's galaxy is a bit distractingly photoshopped.

Reaction to the third one: AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGHHH

So, just as hoped for.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264

All is good.

Comic 718!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

After all, when you're moments away from death, you always should focus on your priorities

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

...Okay, I need a standalone picture of Marnia in the eighth panel RIGHT NOW.

Also, yay, woo, victory. And yay for Khorne not being perma-killed by one punch; as nuts as this comic is, and as loose as it can play with 40K canon, that would have been a little much.

Interesting that this is the second chapter in a row where the resolution of the climax is shown by the ominous-looking sky fading to blue. (Especially since it was night before )
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

...Okay, I need a standalone picture of Marnia in the eighth panel RIGHT NOW.
    Ask and thou shalt receive!

I play fast and loose with established fluff in general, but I thought hard about how even in the most extreme of circumstances, even Lesser Daemons are never killed, they're banished back to the Warp. The only example I can think of of a Daemon being killed is the Keeper of Secrets Amniach the Golden, who fragmented himself into hundreds of pieces inside golden statues which were then all obliterated simultaneously from orbit by the Imperium, and even then Amniach's annihilation is only implied. I thought about killing Khorne, but I ultimately decided against it when it was clear that to utterly destroy even a Lesser Daemon requires them to willingly place themselves in positions of extreme vulnerability, something Khorne has not done.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-02-24 at 01:00 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Comic 719

I know it's MUCH shorter than usual but this comic was originally going to be longer, but I couldn't justify the transition between Panel 2 and 3. They'll be reworked into Comic 720

Q? C? C?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-02-28 at 12:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hmm, yeah, not really sure how to comment on this one.

I guess I can point out that Rand appears to have destroyed the beach chair. That jerk.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Comic 720

Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2015-03-03 at 12:13 AM.