New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Playground's Dumbest Criminals

Quote Originally Posted by kidjake View Post
    Years later, I've decided to embrace his insanity and he's playing Roger McCrow/Agent Mann in the M&M game I've been recording.
    WHAAAAAAAAAA...
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

They had punched a hole in the wall of their hideout/house by mistake. So naturally, they had to steal a painting to cover up said hole.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    WHAAAAAAAAAA...
    Yeah, when we were teenagers we tried a couple of systems but he always found a way to kill himself within minutes of starting. Either he'd jump out of a high window to avoid an awkward conversation, suicide bomb a street gang or (my personal favorite) blow up his own ship to get rid of a minor mynock infestation. He maintains that he wasn't trying to be disruptive, it just made sense at the time.

One of the reasons we started Mutants and Masterminds this time around, it's easier to let him limp away if he gets a 'great idea'. First game with him that ever had a second session

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, when we were teenagers we tried a couple of systems but he always found a way to kill himself within minutes of starting. Either he'd jump out of a high window to avoid an awkward conversation, suicide bomb a street gang or (my personal favorite) blow up his own ship to get rid of a minor mynock infestation. He maintains that he wasn't trying to be disruptive, it just made sense at the time.

One of the reasons we started Mutants and Masterminds this time around, it's easier to let him limp away if he gets a 'great idea'. First game with him that ever had a second session
    Actually, the more I think about this revelation the less surprised I am. "The local Mafia boss fired me from one of his front businesses, the obvious response is to systematically destroy his entire organization." If it wasn't incredibly hard to die in M&M that plan would have ended more or less like the others.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #35

Actually, the more I think about this revelation the less surprised I am. "The local Mafia boss fired me from one of his front businesses, the obvious response is to systematically destroy his entire organization." If it wasn't incredibly hard to die in M&M that plan would have ended more or less like the others.
    Yeah, we did a Pokemon one-shot recently where his first response was to just knife anything he found, mostly ignoring actually catching Pokemon. He had a little Ratatta fur industry going and had taken to mugging trainers on the road for cash, Pokeballs and badges (big with collectors) until things took a bad turn and he ended up killing an overconfident new trainer from Pallet town. He hocked the kid's Charmander to a shady Pokemon dealer he knew and was pursued by the Pokethourity's until well...let's just say that in a 10 year old vs Arcanine, the 10 year old doesn't fair well.

I've been trying to find a group for Shadowrun because I'd like to see just how many characters he can go through in (unintentionally) hilarious ways in one session.

My Campaign Journals

6. - Top - End - #36
    Colossus in the Playground

I've been trying to find a group for Shadowrun because I'd like to see just how many characters he can go through in (unintentionally) hilarious ways in one session.
    Why not Paranoia?

7. - Top - End - #37

That's a fantastic idea, but I've never played it before. Always wanted to though and him and his gf (who plays Tiffany in the same game) would be the perfect kind of people to start with.

My Campaign Journals

8. - Top - End - #38

SwashbucklerGuy

Reminds me of a story I heard about the Firefly RPG, when one of the players decided the best way to kill off the people trying to hijack the ship was to hold on to something and open the door while in deep space. Too bad there are rules for that… rules that say "Roll all the dice you have available. Everyone takes that much damage."

Oh, and a second vote for trying Paranoia with your group.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Why not Paranoia?
    Dang it, I was gonna suggest that.

10. - Top - End - #40

Yeah, we did a Pokemon one-shot recently where his first response was to just knife anything he found, mostly ignoring actually catching Pokemon. He had a little Ratatta fur industry going and had taken to mugging trainers on the road for cash, Pokeballs and badges (big with collectors) until things took a bad turn and he ended up killing an overconfident new trainer from Pallet town. He hocked the kid's Charmander to a shady Pokemon dealer he knew and was pursued by the Pokethourity's until well...let's just say that in a 10 year old vs Arcanine, the 10 year old doesn't fair well.
    ...So he killed Red? That bastard. Now who'll stop Team Rocket?

Have you ever noticed that in just about every medium, the Police in Pokemon are the most useless cops. When you need to rely on Tenyear olds to stop international criminal organizations Repatedly
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

I'm surprised he lasted nearly as long as he did. The thing about mugging Pokemon trainers with a knife is... they all have Pokemon.

12. - Top - End - #42

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ...So he killed Red? That bastard. Now who'll stop Team Rocket?

Have you ever noticed that in just about every medium, the Police in Pokemon are the most useless cops. When you need to rely on Tenyear olds to stop international criminal organizations Repatedly
    In his defense, he just stabbed Red. It was sort of his own fault that he left home without knowing how to properly dress a stab wound.

In the game we were playing though the cops were basically non-existent, the PCs were trainers out in a small town in the boonies that was basically one big ghetto. The backstory for both of them involved their mother being a drug addled prostitute (after hearing that they had the same idea they decided that maybe they were brothers. Maybe. Nobody kept track of who's baby was who's, they just chocked 'em all in the 'baby room' until they were old enough to be useful.) and the two of them were just the most prominent of the local delinquents. McCrow's player played an overly macho survivalist type that invested all of his points into knife-fighting and wilderness training and spent most of his time hunting, while Fanboy's player played a drug dealing con-artist (keep in mind, they both frequently acknowledge that, and even act like, they're 10 years old) who happily worked for their mother's pimp. We naturally treated Pokemon duels like elemental dog-fighting.

The police only got involved after a rich kid was found dead and stripped of valuables on the road. The PCs tried to join Team Rocket for some extra protection, but they'd already ambushed a member (they considered Rocket's presence grounds for a turf war at the time since THEY wanted to be the #1 Pokemon gang) and sold his Pokemon so that didn't go over so well.

I should point out that at no point when I was statting out Pokemon or pitching the game did I even hint that this should be a gritty, brutal take on the series. I told them that they were going to basically play the background characters from the games (The Bugcatchers and Youngsters who had to catch their own Pokemon the old fashioned way instead of having their first one just given to them.) and that they should make a couple of kids that would fit that well. They reveal their sordid histories as we sit down at the table and it turned from Mayberry into Thunderdome in the span of about two sentences.

I'm surprised he lasted nearly as long as he did. The thing about mugging Pokemon trainers with a knife is... they all have Pokemon.
    They had a few Pokemon of their own and one of them would usually challenge the trainer to a battle while the other would sneak up behind to attack him while he was distracted. Most kids react pretty badly to getting stabbed in the kidneys, plus anyone remotely local knew that these guys were crazy and not to be provoked, so they'd panic and give them what they wanted. The only one that really managed to fight back watched his Mankey get skinned and turned into a vest. No idea how, the PCs were both statted as PL3 (in Mutants and Masterminds) while Mankey was PL8 or so, but lucky rolls abounded and they took it as an affirmation that they were invincible.

Also, I'm picking up a copy of Paranoia on everyone's suggestion and I'm going to see how it goes.

My Campaign Journals

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

plus anyone remotely local knew that these guys were crazy and not to be provoked
    That's just why you send out one Pokemon to do battle and a second to watch your back.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

one time my party was in the city and saw a little girl and two men in an alley the men said "aren't you a little young to be in the streets alone" we assumed that they were rapists and without hesitation killed the men. the girl was ditching school and the men were truancy officers

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by braveheart View Post
    one time my party was in the city and saw a little girl and two men in an alley the men said "aren't you a little young to be in the streets alone" we assumed that they were rapists and without hesitation killed the men. the girl was ditching school and the men were truancy officers
    *Laughs ass off*
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks