New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

This is Red leader, standing by.
    Currently playing the Maya in Civilisation V Multiplayer 3: Swimsuit edition.

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Ready, but Driderman/Sartain is right after me and, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    I won't be able to take my turn for the next 24 hours or so since I'm out of town for some family business, but other than that I'm good.
    Maybe move him to be last in line, we'd still be in roughly feasible geographical order?
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-14 at 07:06 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, you could always put him at the back of the turn order, if you're still able to change things.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, if he's last in line then we have a player on GMT +1 behind a player on GMT -7, which is quite wonky. I honestly think it's better to just wait a little while instead, given that the misordering would probably cause its own delays later down the line.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-06-14 at 07:12 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Just delay taking your turns for a couple of hours, I'll be back in 24 approx.

6. - Top - End - #66

I'm cool to start any time.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'll go ahead and start it.

Even the great mahapatih grows weary of wandering. We have reached shore, and he has deemed the site acceptable. Though no true river, the streams leading into a nearby lake can sustain us, and the land is green. We will live here.

The great mahapatih has decreed that we erect a great stone to mark this place. He foresees that this place will see the rise of our people. With this land to sustain us, we shall be more than wanderers in the wilderness.

Soon, we shall be much more.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-06-14 at 12:09 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

8. - Top - End - #68

Our ancestral home is getting crowded. Council of elders rarely agree with each other, but it is becoming increasingly clear it would be better to send some of the young ones find new places for themselves, or there'll be trouble brewing soon... These lands can support only so many people, there's simply not enough for everyone.

Spoiler: For spectators' eyes only - Celtic starting location
    Show

Some tundra, some marsh, river two tiles away from coastline... were this single player, I would reroll the map. But, there's three forests around our city, which for Celts means two free faith points per turn. No need to worry about faith production!
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-14 at 06:27 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, thanks for posting a starting location, they give a lot of nice context.

Spoiler: To Thirsting:
    Show
    Eep, I don't know what you're going to do for food there.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Ooh, thanks for posting a starting location, they give a lot of nice context.

Spoiler: To Thirsting:
    Show
    Eep, I don't know what you're going to do for food there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Goddess of the Hunt seems like a must for a pantheon belief, which might alleviate some of the food problems for a bit.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Concerning Thirsting:
    Show
    It's a suitably British start though. All of those woods and bogs.

12. - Top - End - #72

You'd expect Japan to use Haikus, but no.

Kyoto is a fine coastal city
    Fish and whale are not very gritty
    Jungle life sure was wet
    But I can't get gems yet
    So Oda is now without pity.

Spoiler: Spectators!
    Show

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

Behold I Otto Von Bismark have united the warring tribes of Germany. We have set the mighty city of Berlin on the site of last great battle of our proud people. Soon we will begin exporting our warring ways to the world MAHAHAHA... I mean peace in our times or something
    Spoiler: for Spectators
    Show
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

To spectators:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, I managed to pull an all-tundra starting position (and can't seem to figure out how to upload a Steam screenshot) so this is probably going to be uphill... Going to go straight for the Tundra faith booster pantheon since my land doesn't really seem to benefit much from any of the others, and I'll probably need to aim for food-boosting beliefs as well to get any sort of meaningful growth out of my starting area.
    Also, it needs to happen as soon as possible so Stonehenge might be a good idea, which fits nicely with the dyes I have nearby.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Turn 2 is always super uneventful. *Moves Warrior 1 tile.*

Spoiler: For Spectators
    Show

Crappy picture is crappy. I did this turn on a laptop instead of a gaming rig so all of the graphics settings are turned way down.

My starting location isn't anything special (and I settled where I spawned), but it works. I have Wine and Ivory for luxury resources. The lake really makes it, because without it I couldn't build a Candi in my capital, which would really suck.

I always open with Pottery, because then I can have a shrine, but after that I should probably look into getting those luxury resources and being able to expand out of my starting location. I seem to be on a fairly narrow strip of land, and I can see both shores. Not sure if I'm on an isthmus or an island. I guess I'll see eventually.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

16. - Top - End - #76

RogueGuy

Spoiler: For the Spectators
    Show
    Well, the Polish have setted down in a nice location close to both a river and an ocean. The land is full of cotton, silk and elephants, thus leading to scenarios involving war-elephants clad in Kimonos.

I appear to be reasonably far to the south of the land, so I am probably in a relatively isolated position- not sure how I feel about that. Likewise, I am unsure of what sort of victory to aim for. Most likely I will begin by aiming for a science victory and possibly adjust my plans accordingly.

17. - Top - End - #77

Every time I load this game (and every time I save and close), the game says "Configuring game data - please wait". I hope it doesn't start taking longer as the save file grows heavier...

What might be causing this? Doesn't happen in the other GMR game I'm in, and the settings should be more or less the same in both (no dlcs, no mods, both expansions).
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-16 at 02:51 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's possible I uploaded a bad save somehow. Should I replay?

Edit: I misread. I thought it stopped working at all.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-06-16 at 03:01 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #79

Yes, save works, the game just takes it's time (not overtly long, just some 15 seconds extra) to do something before loading this save. Not a huge problem, just wondering..
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-16 at 06:47 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

GMR complained of a bloated save file. I tried the "load a single-player save and go back to menu" trick, and it stopped. I wonder if this was behind your configuring delays.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    GMR complained of a bloated save file. I tried the "load a single-player save and go back to menu" trick, and it stopped. I wonder if this was behind your configuring delays.
    *shrug* No idea. I got bloated file error too though.. and still configures before and after doing my turn. Oh well.

The druidic circle, at the request of Elder council, have devoted themselves to finding a way to convince our people to try a more sustainable methods for hunting. It no longer is allowed to hunt down female deers with a calf. Every part of animal has to be used; there can be no more mindless wasting. The circle call it the hunting goddess' will.

Additionally, the hogs have been seen to dig up black lumps out of ground. Piggies seem to simply love the things. Someone ought to find out whether those lumps are edible by people as well.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-06-17 at 08:54 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

22. - Top - End - #82

I realized I forgot to mention Japan's strategies in light of my start location for the spectators and will do so below the spoiler break.

Spoiler: Spectators!
    Show
    My start location isn't as bad as it seems from first glance. A lot of people hate jungle starts, and thy can be annoying since they slow you down.

However, the vast majority of my jungles are on hills, which means I will get jungle food to help grow and can then chop them down to get production. This will help me get to a decent enough size to get my fishing food up without slowing me down, as well as then having a good solid production base. PLus, with 2 sets of Gems nearby, that will be very good for my money until I can meet another civ to start trading, and there is open space to the south past the jungle.

I'll be aiming for God of the Sea or Teardrops of the Gods for my pantheon, and will likely be going Tradition. As far as longterm victory goal, not sure yet. Both offensive domination and defensive cultural are possibilities, will have to see how the map unfolds.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looks like Somebloke is about to be skipped.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

24. - Top - End - #84

Looks like Somebloke is about to be skipped.
    That's nothing new.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

25. - Top - End - #85

RogueGuy

Sorry guys- computer grief. Again.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Errrr.... did I just manage to skip like 4 of you? GMR seems to be hickupping and refusing to let me submit my saves. However, every time I try it moves one player in the turn order, at least from my end. It should be thirsting's turn, but buggy GMR may have auto'd you. Not sure if this is just on my end.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #87

RogueGuy

Wait, it's refusing to save for other people too? It'd not just my awful computer?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seems so, and it definitely shouldn't be your turn yet. I think we'll have to revert and wait for the GMR servers to shape back up.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #89

Seems so, and it definitely shouldn't be your turn yet. I think we'll have to revert and wait for the GMR servers to shape back up.
    Normally, Civ auto-closes when I save, but even when it doesn't, GMR still has the turn ready to submit when I manually exit the program.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

GMR's site is back on, but when I try to revert, it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!