New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: To Aztecs
    Show
    Greetings from Celtic lands! We were looking for new spots to settle to, and hoping this patch of land of yours was uninhabitated, but evidently not. Oh well.

And if you thought you were alone on this island.. well, you are not. In fact, our little envoy has met a small state of Zanzibar, who were utterly surprised to learn there is another town, your's, just a little way to North East from them.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-10-17 at 03:15 AM. Reason: West =/= East
    Well that was awkward.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: To Rome
    Show

Rome, I will in a few turns add a second copy of gems to my empire. When that happens would you like to trade one spare gems, for one spare copper. I feel this trade would mutually benefit our people.
    Last edited by Illven; 2014-10-17 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Can you clear out some space in your PM box?

edit: sorry. I was trying to grab Illven's attention. Mission succeeded. Carry on!
    Last edited by Deathslayer7; 2014-10-17 at 02:01 PM.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Uh, wrong thread?
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    Uh, wrong thread?
    That post was directed at me.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: To Japan
    Show

Your proposal has been deemed acceptable. We will hold a measure of copper in reserve for trading purposes.

Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

7. - Top - End - #217

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

This is my capital. Trying to build a writer's guild. It'll only be a few short turns until I can get my religion.

This is Osaka. Still kinda weak. Let's hope that size will turn it around.

My tech tree.

And Archer von Scoutington, and Spearing mc Stab are hunting down some barbarians. I'm unsure if I want to give the worker back to the city state, and make it an ally. (Taking out the encampment is a quest.) Or keep the worker and use it for my nefarious purposes. As always, when I'm unsure, I'll take suggestions from spectators.

I'm also scouting the northern half of my continent for a good place to put my third city.

In other news, Rome agreed to a deal, that I hope shows his intention to live peacefully with me. When I get a second pair of gems connected to my Empire, which should only take a turn or two, I'll trade it for his spare copper and boost both of our happiness.

8. - Top - End - #218

Show

The deal has been proposed.

9. - Top - End - #219

Show

I sent the deal last turn, did you not see it?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Show

I sent the deal last turn, did you not see it?
    Spoiler: Japan
    Show
    I had to re-do the turn, and I forgot to accept it the second time. I ratified the trade agreement this time around.
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

11. - Top - End - #221

Spoiler: To Poland
    Show
    Greetings from the Celtic lands! We are scouting these waters in hopes of finding new places for our people to settle to. Would you be so kind and save us some bother by telling us whether we can go around this island of yours from the Southern side, or does the ice block the way and we are looking for a route through all in vain?

-Celtic explorers in their tiny boat
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-10-24 at 05:50 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

12. - Top - End - #222

Show

Another tour. Yay!

This is Kyoto. It's producing a settler for my third city.

This is Osaka. Also known as Inferior Kyoto.

Tech tree shot.

Policy shot.

Still taking care of the barbarian camp. Also when do I get a prophet. I want a prophet.

Across the narrow sea shall be my third city.

The divine warrior?

13. - Top - End - #223

Oh side note, I won't be able to play friday-sunday.

14. - Top - End - #224

Show

The religion of Arceusism was founded in 360 BC. It who forged the world with it's a thousand arms, will forge the nation of Japan into new heights.

The old capital of Kyoto was renamed Pallet town in celebration of the one true faith. Pallet town will soon produce a new writer of the epics. Perhaps he will write the saga of Red.

The second settlement of Newbarktown continues to grow. Maybe one day, we'll get beyond three houses.

Our people are working on making this gift from Arceus called Poke-dollars. Afterwards we will focus on creating Smeargles.

Our settler enters the sea, to found the resort town of Cinnabar island.

Our loyal trainers are devoted to catching all the pokemon. Back in our boarders they will help our cities be the best they can be.

The traditions of Arceusism are strong in our country.

And here is Arceusism in all it's glory.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    Spoiler: To Poland
    Show
    Greetings from the Celtic lands! We are scouting these waters in hopes of finding new places for our people to settle to. Would you be so kind and save us some bother by telling us whether we can go around this island of yours from the Southern side, or does the ice block the way and we are looking for a route through all in vain?

-Celtic explorers in their tiny boat
    Spoiler: To the Celts:
    Show
    Apologies, but we ourselves have yet to explore the ice wastes of the south.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

16. - Top - End - #226

Ever since the erection of the statue depicting our Lady of Hunt, carved from an ancient great oak, several swivel eyed druids have reported seeing dreams in which the Goddess herself has danced, naked, and beckoned them to follow her, up, up to the stars where she lives. Few of them are already building boats, ready to sail to the edge of the world, where they hope to take off and fly where the great huntress resides. The rest are gazing up at the night sky when ever they can see a hint of stars, hoping to catch even the tiniest of glimpses at the constellation that is Lady of Hunt. This has led to some minor accidents and several strained necks.

-Observations of Celtic Elders

Spoiler: Stargazing (not really a spoiler)
    Show

Spoiler: THIS is a spoiler - Spectators
    Show
    Spoiler: This IS a spoiler
    Show
    Germany, who Celts share an island with, has built Statue of Zeus (+15% attack against cities). They have only two cities right now, so I am expecting an attack any turn now, especially as I know they have a lot of soldiers and because I think they know I've hogged most of our shared patch of land. They have acted friendly enough so far though, so I'm hoping these fears are unfounded.

I regret the choices I made with Stargazing. Both Founder and Follower believes are at least okay, but only after much later. Right now, they do exactly nothing for about 50 turns or so. Dang it, stupid burns.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-11-09 at 06:16 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

17. - Top - End - #227

Show

The culture war has begun!

Pallet town is still building the Parthenon

Newbark town is still building a library.

My tech tree. Plan is still to beeline for Great artists.

And I'll open up Aesthetics soon.

18. - Top - End - #228

So. GMR went down to a double disk failure thingy. I'll let Driderman explain.

Part I can bring up. There save files will be about two months behind.

My most recent save is from my turn on tuesday. What are yours?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

November 13th for me - sounds like you're a better bet.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I have a save timestamped for the 20th of november. This would seem to make me the one with the most recent save.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The explanation, in case you haven't seen it in another thread:
    "As many of you have noticed GMR is completely down! Our web server has experienced a rare double-disk failure and we'll need to rebuild everything from scratch. We do have off-site backups of the database and save files that we'll be restoring, unfortunately they're almost two months old. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience and how much this will set your games back!

We're working hard getting everything back up and hope to have things restored by tonight or tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience!"

November 20th does sound most recent. Unsure if there'll be any issue "injecting" it into the game, if the GMR backup thinks we're 2 months ago. I guess we'll just have to try it out once the damn thing is working again. Of course, it had to have issues the one point during the month where I actually had plenty of time.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    The explanation, in case you haven't seen it in another thread:
    "As many of you have noticed GMR is completely down! Our web server has experienced a rare double-disk failure and we'll need to rebuild everything from scratch. We do have off-site backups of the database and save files that we'll be restoring, unfortunately they're almost two months old. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience and how much this will set your games back!

We're working hard getting everything back up and hope to have things restored by tonight or tomorrow. Thank you all for your patience!"

November 20th does sound most recent. Unsure if there'll be any issue "injecting" it into the game, if the GMR backup thinks we're 2 months ago. I guess we'll just have to try it out once the damn thing is working again. Of course, it had to have issues the one point during the month where I actually had plenty of time.
    Just hopping in to say that GMR does make an archive of every save you have submitted to the server.

It can be found in the C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\hotseat\GMR Archive folder.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-11-23 at 08:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #233

So our game is back up. Let's upload a recent save and get this party re-started!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

GMR still seems to be finicky and I can't get it to work enough to put the new save in. I'll try later today.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

25. - Top - End - #235

Tried loading the save, got error and it told to contact support:

Spoiler: Debug log
    Show
    Downloading save file

--------------- 26.11.2014 | 8:37:37 ---------------
    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.WebApiGetLatestS aveFileStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Classes.DiplomacyClient.GetLatestSaveFil eStream(Int32 gameId, Stream& fileStream)
    at GmrClient.Models.GameModel.DownloadSaveFile(Boolea n showProgress)

Downloading save file

EDIT: Then realised my error, and am glad it did not work. It would have been a save from 2 months back. Carry on. Sorry.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-11-26 at 01:59 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, don't try to play the save right now. I tried to revert so I could push my own save in, but it wouldn't work. GMR is not very responsive right now. More to the point, it would be two months old.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #237

Reverting works again, so I did that for you. Let's hope it works properly now
    Well that was awkward.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alright, I copied the newest save I have from the archive, and GMR immediately detected it as me having saved my turn. It then asked me to upload it. I did so. I am not 100% sure if this infact gave you the archived save, but I'm reasonable sure it did. Does the save look reasonably recent?
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-11-26 at 02:23 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #239

Right where we left it, as far as I can tell.
    Well that was awkward.

30. - Top - End - #240

2 turns submitted per day average.....

Thanks GMR.