New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    State of the empire update!

As you can see, the Aztec empire is ticking along slowly but steadily. I did manage to build the Hanging Gardens, and have successfully founded that second city...

... which is coming along reasonably nicely. Petra is next on my to-build list, but unfortunately my production there isn't great; it'll take around 15-20 turns to finish. I'm hoping nobody else is aiming for it at the moment, because I doubt I'll beat them there. The Aztec military is occupied with scouting for good city locations and hunting barbarians for sacrifice; mostly the latter at the moment, admittedly.

Things are coming along okay, but if the scores are any indication the other civilizations are moving faster. Mmm. This is the first time I've tried going tall in a proper multiplayer game, it may not be as effective here as when dealing with AI.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 5: Empire Strikes Back (Giant Multiplayer Robot, G&K+BNW)

Spoiler: To Portugal
    Show
    Greeting from the Celtic lands! We have been waiting to meet a nation rich enough in surplus goods to trade with, and we suspect you might just do. Our lands produce stupefying amounts of truffles; perhaps you would like to have some of our quality stock, and give us some of your beautiful dyes in return?

-Captain of Celtic trade vessel

Spoiler: To spectators
    Show

Germans have still not attacked. Why haven't they? Maybe they are gathering even more superior army before they crush us? Maybe we are little paranoid?

Planning to settle one more city to one of those small islands in North West, there's a spot of Citrus not visible in this picture, but it's very close to German borders. Perhaps that's enough to finally aggravate our neighbours enough for them to come at us?

I'm also waiting for more barbarian camps to appear. I've tried to make sure there's lots of land area covered by fog of war in our island, but they just won't spawn. Seems that one point in Honour social policy might have been better spent somewhere else entirely...
    Last edited by thirsting; 2014-12-14 at 06:26 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Apologies, but it looks like we need a rollback on the game. I've accidentally uploaded my game 4 save to this one.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Let me know when to take my turn then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Apologies, but it looks like we need a rollback on the game. I've accidentally uploaded my game 4 save to this one.
    Much roll. Very back. Many revert. Wow.

Currently trying to do the revert. GMR seems a little slow. Hopefully this works.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

6. - Top - End - #246

I think it's still on my turn.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Looks like it. For some reason GMR doesn't want to complete the revert.

Edit: Revert successful. Took a few tries, but it should be Luzahn's turn now.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-12-17 at 02:54 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

8. - Top - End - #248

And now for another tour of the best empire!

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

What can Scouty von scout see across the northern islands. More shallow areas.

Pallet town. The best town. Once I finish a Art guild, I'll start building a National college.

Newbarktown. In need of some improvements.

Cinnabar island. Once the Granary is built I'll start work on a work boat for those whales.

My tech tree.

Soon my tourism will increase hopefully.

9. - Top - End - #249

Spoiler: For Rome
    Show

I re-sent the Whales for Gems deal. It stopped due to time.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

..I was skipped? I was certain I had played the turn. Apparently not then.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

11. - Top - End - #251

Spoiler: To Rome
    Show

I have a copy of whales if you want to trade.

12. - Top - End - #252

Spoiler: To Germany
    Show
    Our scout vessel would like to return home, but it would have to travel through your waters. Could we agree to open our borders temporarily?

- Celtic Ambassador

(I'll have the needed tech recearched next turn)
    Well that was awkward.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Show

I have a copy of whales if you want to trade.
    Spoiler: Japan
    Show

I'm willing. Are you still in need of gems? There needs to be a better notification of offered deals in game. :P
    Board-game and XCOM nerd. Furry. Handle with care.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by Magentawolf View Post
    Spoiler: Japan
    Show

I'm willing. Are you still in need of gems? There needs to be a better notification of offered deals in game. :P
    Spoiler: Magentawolf
    Show

Oh. I have gems.

Unfortunately, all you seem to have are single copies of luxuries.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Time for another state of the empire update - this time featuring actual progress!

The capital is slightly larger, but otherwise unchanged. The real news lies to the north...

... where my second city is booming. As you can see, I managed to finish Petra, in a city surrounded by desert hills; this is as close to an ideal desert city as I've ever seen. Between the wheat, sheep, that lake, and various miscellaneous bonuses, it's growing rapidly despite its location (it's already larger than the Polish and Portugese capitals), and its production is excellent - I just started on Chichen Itza, and it'll only take 5 turns. And there's still plenty of room to grow and improve.

And here is my third city; it's nothing special, but it comes with a rare luxury resource (there aren't many unique ones around here) and a lot of iron and fish, so I expect it to fare reasonably well.

I don't have much in the way of long-term plans at the moment - there are a few passable places to settle nearby, but nothing extraordinary, and as a Tradition-based civilization I want to be picky about my city locations. My first trireme is just now setting sail to explore the coasts; maybe I'll find something on an island nearby.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show
    In the name of Gajah Mada, the great Mahapatih of Jakarta and Surabaya, we greet you.

We come from an island to the east, and though we come bearing bows, we mean no harm. Barbarians have simply made travel dangerous. Nevertheless, you shall see our ships again soon, unless your people and Mahapatih forbid it. Our merchants are brave and always eager to contact new lands, and we believe trade enriches us all.

OoC: Hi, my embarked archer is next to your border.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2015-01-29 at 12:55 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

17. - Top - End - #257

Spoiler: To Aztecs/Bird of Purgatory
    Show

Greetings from Japan.

For our historic meeting, we have sent a deal to you, a exchange of embassies, and of our whales, for your spices. Is this acceptable?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Reposting in relevant threads:
    Quote Originally Posted by Driderman View Post
    I surrendered all my games.
    I have a major crisis in my life and will need to re-evaluate a lot of stuff, and taking GMR turns wasn't one of those things. I can't even be bothered to post in all the threads, either. Sorry to all those affected, maybe we can start a new game at some and build it from the learning experiences we've had concerning GMR but right now I need to figure out and stuff, and probably cut back on things that tie me to the computer for non-studying purposes.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

I think I just uploaded the wrong save to this game - could someone revert?

20. - Top - End - #260

And can we get a replacement or something for thedoomerx, too? 25 skipped turns is too many..

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rewurblinated.

And yeah, I took a glance at the "recent turns" and Jamin has not actually played a turn for like three weeks. Jamin, are you actually still here? There's no point in having you in the game if you don't actually take the turns.

Edit: How do I boot someone anyway? There doesn't seem to be a command for it I can find. I guess I could mess with the timer and autokick settings to do it but that's a little complicated.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2015-03-06 at 12:48 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

22. - Top - End - #262

Sorry the emails where marked as junk it seems . I just took my turn but if you want to find a replacement I wouldn't blame you.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

23. - Top - End - #263

I don't use the email notification thing at all, it just clogs up the mailbox unnecessarily. I keep the link to my games in my "Favourites" tab both in laptop and phone. Using that you can see how soon it'll be your turn. Just have to make it habit to check it daily, but it helps a lot at keeping up with games.
    Last edited by thirsting; 2015-03-06 at 03:16 AM.
    Well that was awkward.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

For some reason I can't get to GMR. Can anyone else? Downforeveryoneorjustme says it's up, but I cannot get to the site or contact the server through the GMR program. Everything else works, but GMR won't.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by Frog Dragon View Post
    For some reason I can't get to GMR. Can anyone else? Downforeveryoneorjustme says it's up, but I cannot get to the site or contact the server through the GMR program. Everything else works, but GMR won't.
    It appears to be working as of now. I hadn't otherwise checked this morning, however.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Works again.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2015-03-09 at 01:32 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #267

Show
    Our boats need to pass through the shores that belong to you. We are willing to pay handsomely for this access through your waters and some of your incense, with gold nuggets and delicious truffles.

- Celtic ambassador
    Last edited by thirsting; 2015-03-19 at 12:05 PM.
    Well that was awkward.

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by thirsting View Post
    Show
    Our boats need to pass through the shores that belong to you. We are willing to pay handsomely for this access through your waters and some of your incense, with gold nuggets and delicious truffles.

- Celtic ambassador
    Spoiler: To celts
    Show
    That should be fine
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: For Spectators
    Show
    The Great Mahapatih of Jakarta and Surabaya has embarked on an effort to rid the Indonesian home islands of the barbarian menance.

The operation was started by attacking the barbarians neighboring our allies in Hanoi.

Seeing that they still harassed our shores from their crude boats, the Mahapatih ordered his soldiers to find and subdue the source of the threat.

The barbarians were tracked to a nearby island and the attack proceeded smoothly.

With the barbarian threat to the south eradicated, the Mahapatih intends to do the same in the north and consider the usefulness of the smaller island for expanding his empire.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2015-03-20 at 10:27 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

30. - Top - End - #270

Show
    Our sea-captains report they have been unable to get through your borders, saying your coastguard has not even heard of the deal we made. Please see to it that they be informed that our boats are allowed to pass.

- Celtic ambassador

(You have to actually remember to manually accept the deal for it to come to effect, and the prompt does not come up automatically like in singleplayer. )
    Well that was awkward.