New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Civ 5 Multiplayer 6: There Can Be Only One. (G&K, BNW)

I'd be fine either way as well
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I had some computer issues so I skipped one turn, it should be fixed now. I'm fine with either way, but we should specify soon.

EDIT: Another option is we have a kind of half and half, normal communications don't have to be held to but teal text does. Although that might just ruin both options.
    Last edited by WeLoveFireballs; 2014-06-30 at 04:00 PM.
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

I think, if I had to pick one... I'd go with non-binding.
    So betrayal is a possibility, but with the downside that people will be less trusting of you if you do betray someone.
    Spoiler: for spectators
    Show

One of my scouting parties has reported signs of a village in a nearby valley.
    I plan to have them try to make contact. Hopefully they'll be open to trade with our nation.

a city-sate on turn three, and the discovery of nearby fish :D

City-states have dotted borders, while civilizations have solid ones, correct?
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-07-01 at 06:22 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

What's this, a new GMRG? Time to check everyone's starts-

Oh wait, I'm still in this one.

You know, I had to check the dotted city state borders thing. But its correct, more or less. It actually alternates black and state colour rather than being truly dotted which would alternate with empty space, but both colours are translucent so whatever.

A game where backstabbing is impossible isn't viable. The event that prompted this was one where I had to backstab someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    Well, when I made a deal with the Shoshone to trade two submarines for various services (and mostly to see if it would actually work) I specified that I was doing the trade as if it was enforced by the game's rules. Anything else should be able to be revoked, with whatever diplomatic consequences it would have.
    You know I'm not supposed to know that right?

On the other hand, its kind of irrelevant now and completely bit you in the ass. "I'm going to prop up a potential enemy rather than build a relationship with my only natural ally, ho hum dah dah dee."
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, there's nothing preventing me from sharing that information, and it's well past any point that it could do anything regardless. I'm probably going to just concede game one now anyway, there's little reason for me to keep playing the turns.

And to be honest, that one was done when I was still trying to keep up a balance of power between you and the Shoshone. Because I was wedged between the two of you and both of you had reason to eliminate my science-loving ass. But again, mostly it was Driderman and I seeing if it could actually work.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2014-07-01 at 08:05 PM.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And besides, I'm pretty sure I already let that slip already :)

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

How about the following, then:
    Only agreement with actual weight is handled by the game engine. If you want something firm, you have to work it out relative to that.
    So Much for the Glory of Rome, a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

What just happened? I got an email notification that the turn timer had been disabled because everyone had been skipped, but this is quite clearly not what is going on. I actually got the notifications for it being my turn and me being skipped 5 minutes apart, and I'm pretty sure the timer is longer than 5 minutes.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-07-11 at 03:34 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

I just played my turn but it was the same save file as the last one. I played same turn twice. Weird.
    Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Presumably it has something to do with the massive issues GMR seems to be having at the moment. I don't think any of the games are working properly.
    Currently playing the Imperial Space Corps in Blood Bowl! We won't rest until everyone has Guard.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok, as GMR issues appear to have subsided, I'm switching the turn timer back on.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The scout commander reports the finding of a ruin. However, the passing of an uncivilized people has left it picked clean. A scout on-site was reported describing the site as "the worst ruin ever".
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

These are our first words: We have found a home. After many years traveling the desert, we have discovered a land where our people might grow and prosper. But though our days of wondering the desert are over, it still speaks to us. Between the bounty of the grasslands and the harshness of the desert, there you will find our city.

Excerpt from The Tale of Beginnings, the earliest known text of Ethiopian writing.

Spoiler: To the Spectators
    Show
    Yes, I did wait until I researched writing before I posted anything, figured it would be appropriate. Anyway, as you might've guessed, I have a very different start than before. Lots of desert to my south, but grassland (with marble and furs) to my north, mountains to my east, and a lake full of fish to my west. It's fantastic. Also, there's something I've discovered which will basically make me a nightmare to attack. I won't share it until I can figure out how to make screenshots.

And yes, I totally grabbed desert folklore. Yes, I have several workable desert tiles around me. Yes, I am going to get a religion before some people have a pantheon.

Does anyone here know how to both take and upload screen shots?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Posted by Keld Denar
    What can I say? When life gives you lemons, you BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH YOUR LAZER BEAMS!
    Avatar by the wonderful A Rainy Knight.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

F12 by default.
    Spoiler: for spectators
    Show

little late to post this, but I figure it can't hurt :3

My scouts have reported an encounter with another nation to our west.
    It is my hope that our neighbors to the west will prove allies in our efforts against the barbarian tribes, as well as in our effort to survive in these harsh lands.

Also civ-to-civ communications; should we come up with introductions when we encounter another civ?
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-08-04 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typos
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, I like to do something suitably melodramatic as an introduction, but there shouldn't be any sort of requirement for it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Just wanted to check.
    Nothing really came to mind for me.
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-08-04 at 11:50 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: To the Spectators
    Show

Here's my starting position. As you can see, it's pretty fantastic. The more perceptive of you might notice something major.

Here's a close up. For those of you who don't know, this is Mt. Kilimanjaro, a natural wonder. In addition to its 3 food and 2 culture, it has a semi-hidden benefit: any unit that moves next to it receives a unique promotion for free. This promotion gives any unit double movement on hills along with a combat bonus. Now, on a regular map, this would be a nice benefit. However, because this is a Highlands map this promotion is potentially game breaking. I need to get a settler there ASAP, though I don't think anyone else has found it yet. I also want to note it's right next to a bunch of desert with 2 wheat and incense. I... am in awe.

I'll be honest with you, I started cackling like a mad man when I discovered this. I cannot overstate how useful this promotion is, and once I build a city there ALL of my units will have this promotion. Anyone trying to attack me is in for a VERY big surprise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    What can I say? When life gives you lemons, you BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH YOUR LAZER BEAMS!

18. - Top - End - #168

montezuma is depressed. he does not want to use his normal booming voice today.

he is stuck in the north west corner, surrounded by mountains he has not yet been able to breach.

Like my musings and stories? Check out Whats the Story?, my podcast about storytelling!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: to meatshield
    Show
    "So how does it sound? A small tithe of gold for a map of my lands?"
    [trade offer; embassy in my capitol for 3 gold per turn for 25 turns]
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-08-14 at 01:54 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: To Togath
    Show
    That is far too much. An embassy for an embassy would benefit us both, and I am willing to wait if you don't have the tech for it.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: to meatshield
    Show
    understandable. sounds like a deal then, once I have the technology.
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Hi everyone. I'm so very sorry about my absence. I had a series of events starting with a business trip and a car accident which left me with neither a computer to aceess Civ 5 not the ability to play it. I'm back now should be present to play my turn in a timely manner from now on.

Thanks a bunch for your patience.
    Last edited by Posca; 2014-08-20 at 11:08 AM.
    Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: To Closet Skeleton
    Show
    In the name of Harun Al-Rashid, the great Caliph of most holy Mecca, we greet you.

From whence do you come? Our lands lie to the southeast of this small pocket of civilization we overlook, but beware. Many nomads harry the lands beyond our walls, and we cannot yet do more than protect what is ours from them.

Our great caliph is not interested in war except with those who threaten Mecca, and will welcome any who merely seek to spread right and civilized living among the barbarians.

OoC: Ran into your spearmen next to Ormus.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-08-25 at 10:31 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

24. - Top - End - #174

BEHOLD ALL, AND TREMBLE! MIGHTY MONTEZUMA HAS FOUND A NATURAL SIGHT THAT PLEASES HIM GREATLY!

HE HAS PASSED THROUGH THE PRISON MOUNTAINS AND COME TO A SEA WITH A RAGING VOLCANO!

HE WILL SETTLE THIS LAND FOR THE GLORY OF TENOCHTITLAN!

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    Yup, found Krakatoa, it's just off coast to my south. my starting area as been super closed off and i've been having to clear barbarians from chokepoints to move forward, so the amount of the world I can see has been very limited so far. I will have some screenshots next turn.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Just a quick update as I'm kinda busy right now, I'm going to be out of town for a couple weeks so I turned on vacation mode. Hopefully the AI isn't too dumb.

Show
    Things are going okay for me right now, I got a monument, a pyramid and a granary. I got a very quick pantheon and went with god of the sea since my city is on the coast and there are 3 crabs right next to me. Plus nothing else is particularly abundant nearby. I adopted tradition and found 2 ruins. One barbarian map and 40 faith. Right now my lands are a little overrun with barbarians as my warrior has been scouting but they're not much threat.
    The rules of the game are only what the current participants agree they should be, remember this. The rulebook for whatever you play are only suggestions.

Currently playing as the Maya in GMR game #6.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Missed my last two turns(been distracted)... Did the AI do anything too weird?
    I had a scout guarding an area.. Hopefully it didn't wander too far off.
    Fudge.. Three turns now.
    Really hoping I still have that unit I was working on..
    Last edited by Togath; 2014-09-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #177

MONTEZUMA HAS RISEN FROM HIS JUNGLE OF SOLITUDE!!

HE HAS COMMISSIONED A NEW MAPPING!

HE WILL HANG IT ON THE ALTAR OF BONE!

TREMBLE, MORTALS!

Show

Tenochtitlan is in the middle of a whole bunch of jungle, lots of cotton. It's still growing, and I plan to make it gigantic. I may just turtle up and make this city huge. The reason why will be clear shortly.

Montezuma lives in a box. A box made of jungle and mountains. There's a hill pass to the south and to the east, but that's it. I am pretty impregnable until air power comes into play. But, I seem to be off in my own corner.

My plan right now is to finish my library, get another Jaguar and then get a settler out to settle near Krakatoa. After that, build up more and settle near my eastern mountain pass.

28. - Top - End - #178

Spoiler: to Frog Dragon
    Show
    Our lands are to the south west.

Once we have made further assessments of the economic opportunities of our nations we will contact you again.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

29. - Top - End - #179

Spoiler: to spectators
    Show
    My second city, Ironpass, has been founded.

No idea if there's any iron there, but it is a pass and it sounded badass.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/...51B85CF0A24EB/

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: To Togath
    Show
    The great Caliph of most holy Mecca would be pleased to receive your ambassadors, and send his own in return. We hope this marks an era of prosperity and cooperation for Moroccan and Arabian alike.

(I accepted the embassy.)
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2014-09-27 at 04:30 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!