New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: What do you Girls want from a Guy physicaly?

Be a surprisingly submissive space shark that raids villages and burns them to the ground while occasionally buying me cute girly things like virtual currency for automatic railguns.
    That's why my current boyfriend's perfect!

In all seriousness, tho, I like guys that are toned without being Herculean, I like overbites for some reason and I like longer hair.
    vape naesh

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    As for personality? My real "must have" thing is that he has to be nice. And I don't just mean "does nice things for me because he likes me" or "is nice to his family and friends" but that he is in general thoughtful, good, caring, kind, helpful, sweet, nice (pick an adjective, any adjective).
    My barometer here (not in a "looking for guys" way but in a "do I want to associate with this person" way, because really, some level of niceness is a basic standard) is how they treat the people they can get away with mistreatment. Plenty of people will be nice to a peer or anyone with actual power over them, and then be total jerks to underlings, people in retail, people in food service, etc.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    2) Fun. There was only one girl who I don't remember ever talking about what fun time they had with their significant other. She seemed to only be in it for the tall dark and handsome thing and never made a mention about what they did together beyond screwing.
    While true, i don't know if we can consider this under "physical features".
    Last edited by Killer Angel; 2014-06-13 at 01:38 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, if we adhere strictly to the title, physically every girl wants something different, so there's really not much point to this thread unless it's meant as a survey on what's the perfect man for the Playground's gals like.
    Beside "be clean, take care of yourself" there isn't really much else that can be said.

Also, I feel "be clean" still isn't clear enough to some people.
    Spoiler: Potentially NSFW and TMI
    Show
    I mean, I've been with quite a few girls that have been favourably impressed by the fact that I wash before and after sex. That's not something to be impressed about, that's basic hygene. And yet it seems exceedingly rare among guys...
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesŕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

You could even have sex in the shower, cleaning yourself during sex.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

The one thing that seems to be almost a requirement for some women is: be taller than them. In overwhelming majority of couples, the man is taller than the woman. It was quite amusing in a certain ball when, out of thirty something dancing couples, my bro and his girl were the only pair where the girl was taller.

There are also more women who like clean-shaven men, than those who like hairy men. There was even a test on this lately. Women were shown pictures of the same men before and after shaving. Most women preferred the clean-shaven version. And no, it wasn't just beard and mustache that was shaven.

As a general rule, people also prefer symmetrical and average-looking partners in contrast to people with unbalanced or very prominent or odd features. Colors also influence perception. Red and black make a man look more powerful and intimidating, traits that are a turn-on for majority of women.

As far as bodyshape goes, male bodies seem to be most generally attractive when close to upper bounds of normal BMI and 20% of body fat. This is the shape most men gravitate to if they eat healthily and work out twice or thrice a week. More importantly, working out improves one's posture, making you look taller and bigger. Weak or unbalanced muscles will cause your shoulders to droop and your head lean forward, making you look shorter and tired.

So if you're not trying to appeal to any particular girl and are just drawing the nets through the water hoping to catch one, you should: 1) eat healthily, 2) work out, 3) shave, 4) put on a black suit and a red tie and 5) focus your attention on smaller girls.

Narrowing down the sort of woman you're after to some specific culture or subgroup will help immensely in determining what they would find attractive.

Finally, if you're after some particular girl, find out what sort of relationship she has with her father. Women who are/were in good terms with their fathers are often attracted to men who resemble them. Part of it is simple genetics: after all, the girl's mother found that sort of man attractive, and the girl has half of her mother's genes. So, look in the mirror. Do you look like daddy dearest? If not, you might be out of luck.

Of course, a good thing to keep in mind is that their father might have been a wee bit different when they goy hitched with the girl's mother...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    You could even have sex in the shower, cleaning yourself during sex.
    That depends on your feelings visa vi going after old bodily fluids lodged in your pipes in a sort of aggregate with stray hairs with a plumber's snake. Probably not an issue for a shower used by a couple, but it is apparently a problem in college dorms.The drain is meant to handle water, folks.

But then I've never grokked the whole daily showers thing anyway. Most days I just don't get that dirty, and it's a lot of water.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

As a plumber by education, I have to inform you those colleges have very poor drains if they get clogged by that.

Usually, the problem is used tampons or sanitary napkins washed down a toilet.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    So between this and the 'How to ask a girl out?' thread, it looks like The Mating Season is once again upon the forums.
    The mating season is most decidedly here, and by here I mean the roof across from my office... Although I'm not sure that people with so tenuous a grasp on the transparency of glass should really be reproducing in the first place.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Awwww, they just want you to join them.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    As a plumber by education, I have to inform you those colleges have very poor drains if they get clogged by that.
    As a college student, I assure you that they had the plumbing done as cheaply as possible, it's usually old, and if you pick a college at random they almost certainly didn't make the system as robust as they should have. Much like the rest of the infrastructure.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    As a college student, I assure you that they had the plumbing done as cheaply as possible, it's usually old, and if you pick a college at random they almost certainly didn't make the system as robust as they should have. Much like the rest of the infrastructure.
    Quite right. Plus as far as I can tell, the only things a modern college will actually spend money on are giant unnecessary athletic facilities, borderline dishonest self-promotion, and administrators to write memos about how this or that can be used for borderline dishonest self-promotion. Never assume they'll do anything beyond the bare minimum required to make themselves look good outside of those three areas1, and you'll be much less likely to be disappointed.

1Including, notably enough, ensuring the rule of law on their facilities. As they told the freshman class of almost entirely eighteen year olds at my first college, 'criminal activity is forbidden on campus. Remember, drinking is a personal choice, not something the university gets involved in.' They gave me exactly the same speech at the second place too, except pot got added the list of non-criminal personal choices.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    Quite right. Plus as far as I can tell, the only things a modern college will actually spend money on are giant unnecessary athletic facilities, borderline dishonest self-promotion, and administrators to write memos about how this or that can be used for borderline dishonest self-promotion. Never assume they'll do anything beyond the bare minimum required to make themselves look good outside of those three areas1, and you'll be much less likely to be disappointed.

1Including, notably enough, ensuring the rule of law on their facilities. As they told the freshman class of almost entirely eighteen year olds at my first college, 'criminal activity is forbidden on campus. Remember, drinking is a personal choice, not something the university gets involved in.' They gave me exactly the same speech at the second place too, except pot got added the list of non-criminal personal choices.
    This sounds a bit right. Particularly the giant unnecessary athletic facilities, in the middle of town, stopping up traffic horribly every time there is a game, while a perfectly functional stadium that's a bit neglected could be repaired for 10% the price. Also they'll pretend to poll the students, fabricate results when the students don't actually want the field, then proceed on construction anyways.

Not that I'm thinking of a specific college or specific pair of stadiums here.

-- ChubbyRain

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Silver View Post
    So between this and the 'How to ask a girl out?' thread, it looks like The Mating Season is once again upon the forums.
    I guess we're all late bloomers, since we're almost to the Solstice.

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    That depends on your feelings visa vi going after old bodily fluids lodged in your pipes in a sort of aggregate with stray hairs with a plumber's snake. Probably not an issue for a shower used by a couple, but it is apparently a problem in college dorms.The drain is meant to handle water, folks.

But then I've never grokked the whole daily showers thing anyway. Most days I just don't get that dirty, and it's a lot of water.
    It is always amazing to me that the bean counters went over it and it is somehow cheaper to repeatedly plumb those things rather than just have decent plumbing.

Try living in a hot, poorly air-conditioned area where you need air conditioning and everyone is sweating and the sweat is getting trapped in various crevices, nooks, and crannies. Or, rather, imagine Florida if people were either out in the hot, humid sun outside or inside hot, humid dorms and the sort of smells that can arise from that.

I was thankful if my dormmates showered every other day, which was about what I did unless I actually got sweaty or spent the night with my lady. Though I suppose sharing a bed generally counts as an activity that causes one to sweat...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-06-13 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Except it's summer.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    Edit: I just realized you were specifically only asking about physical stuff. Sorry I guess the answer is: I'm not that picky, physically...
    Actually, you bring up a good point. Personality also matters. It goes back to that whole point about "bad odor" becoming "manly musk". If you like someone's personality, you might become more attracted to them physically. So I propose making this a thread about what girls find attractive in general, personality-wise or physical.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmageddon View Post
    Also, I feel "be clean" still isn't clear enough to some people.
    Spoiler: Potentially NSFW and TMI
    Show
    I mean, I've been with quite a few girls that have been favourably impressed by the fact that I wash before and after sex. That's not something to be impressed about, that's basic hygene. And yet it seems exceedingly rare among guys...
    Sadly. :/
    Spoiler: NSFW and TMI time
    Show
    Though I'd say that the, the before part is actually kind of impressive. So often there seems to be a tempo that starts up that makes it very hard to break off for a shower when one's already engaged in a certain level of play. Unless you just mean showering before going on a date if at all possible.

That they're impressed by the after part is more depressing. Like finding out that one is the only male-type person that one's circle of female friends knows or has slept with that actually will go down on a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Actually, you bring up a good point. Personality also matters. It goes back to that whole point about "bad odor" becoming "manly musk". If you like someone's personality, you might become more attracted to them physically.
    That's pretty much it. I almost never see someone and say "whoa, look at him!" because I find him really attractive. It's more like: as I get to know an awesome person, I gradually find them more and more adorable. My current eternally-unrequited crush is someone I knew for a year and a half before realizing I had developed a major thing for him. Which is bizarre, actually, when the umpteenth time you've hung out with a guy you're suddenly all loopy and embarrassed and weird whenever he's in the room...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Sadly. :/
    Spoiler: NSFW and TMI time
    Show
    Though I'd say that the, the before part is actually kind of impressive. So often there seems to be a tempo that starts up that makes it very hard to break off for a shower when one's already engaged in a certain level of play. Unless you just mean showering before going on a date if at all possible.

That they're impressed by the after part is more depressing. Like finding out that one is the only male-type person that one's circle of female friends knows or has slept with that actually will go down on a woman.
    Spoiler: Definitely TMI and NSFW
    Show
    The showering before going on a date is implied, actually I shower every day anyway.
    What I was specifically talking about was the use of this wonderful and uncommon bathroom implement called a bidet, which I understand is not something one finds easily outside of Italy. Anyway, I think washing the relevant bits before engaging in sexual activities is mandatory for both men and women. Yeah, even if you had a shower before the date, since time passes between the shower and the actual getting intimate and in the meantime you sweat, you maybe go to the bathroom, and so on...
    Which ties in nicely with your comment about performing oral sex. I won't do it unless she has just cleaned herself up, nor will I accept it unless I had the chance to do the same, except maybe in particularly passionate moments where doing so would be impractical or impossibile. And of course I wouldn't ask it explicitly nor explain my reasons for not doing it if she doesn't... I'm not an *******... A simple "I don't feel like it" is usually enough, expecially if followed by some pretty good alternatives. Smart gals will get a clue anyway if the relationship continues. Heck, if it continues, you will get to a point where you can talk about these things openly without being indelicate.
    To put it simply, I don't want to find unplesant surprises down there and while I am quite scrupulous with my personal hygene, I feel like it can't hurt to have a quick wash up just before the act itself.
    So far, it has been appreciated by my partners, though I guess YMMV on just how necessary it is.

Regardless, there are people out there (mostly males, but a few females as well) who wouldn't even shower before going on a date, or clean up after having sex. This is ****ing gross. I remember one particular time when a couple of friends joined us at a bar and I could clearly smell what they had been doing just prior to joining us. FFS have some decency.
    /rant.
    Last edited by Kalmageddon; 2014-06-13 at 07:38 PM.
    Avatar made by Strawberries! Grazie paesŕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Beer View Post
    You win the worst GM thread BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyva View Post
    From a different thread, even!.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The one thing that seems to be almost a requirement for some women is: be taller than them. In overwhelming majority of couples, the man is taller than the woman.
    Given the difference in average heights between men and women, I'm not sure if this reflects an actual preference. If you pair up men and women completely randomly, in most couples the man will be taller than the woman. Hmm. Lemme check this...

OK, on a quick estimate based on fitting normal distributions to US height tables for adults in the 20-29 age bracket, I find that with a purely random sampling the man will be taller in roughly 90% of male-female pairings. So in a group of thirty straight couples, you'd expect only three couples where the woman is taller, by random chance. The odds of getting one or fewer when you expect three are about one in five. So it's not that surprising.

I'm not saying women can't prefer taller guys, just that at least in the US, the different height distributions between the genders mean that the guy will be taller in most couples even if there's zero average preference for tall guys. So "in most couples the guy is taller" says absolutely nothing about short guys' chances of being attractive to women.

I have very little to contribute to this thread, but thought I would throw that note in there for the benefit of any short guys reading
    Last edited by Ifni; 2014-06-13 at 08:01 PM.
    Word:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    I must not argue on the Internet.
    Internet argument is the mind-killer.
    It is the little death that brings total aggravation.
    I will face my annoyance.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    When it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path.
    Where the irritation has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    the physical action of giving me several thousand dollars
    6,000 Zimbabwean dollars* it is!

*Roughly 18 US Dollars

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

The physical attributes of a man.

Delicious hair.

Delicious beard preferred.

Presentable hygiene skills.

I really feel like saying blue hair and blonde eyes but I've never ended up actually having a crush or falling in love with a male like that, so meh, I think it's just my viking fantasies that'll never come true.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Kids these days, worrying about the smell of a bit of sweat and sex. That is not a bad smell. At absolute tops it's vaguely unpleasant. A bad smell is the stench of a lamb that's been dead for a day or two getting pulled piece by piece out of the ewe.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    The physical attributes of a man.

Delicious hair.

Delicious beard preferred.

Presentable hygiene skills.

I really feel like saying blue hair and blonde eyes but I've never ended up actually having a crush or falling in love with a male like that, so meh, I think it's just my viking fantasies that'll never come true.
    I make a decent Viking, but of the red-headed variety. Plus I own my own chain mail, and in the winter sleep under a Scandinavian boat blanket in the winter months, which I think means I'm a good catch, circa 950 AD. Tragically, body armor and excellent taste in woolen textiles is no longer apparently such a going thing. Maybe I should try setting Britain on fire.
    Last edited by warty goblin; 2014-06-13 at 08:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    I really feel like saying blue hair and blonde eyes but I've never ended up actually having a crush or falling in love with a male like that...
    But you've met a man with blue hair and blonde eyes...?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Chris Evans or GTFO! Well, you could be Michael Fassbender instead I guess.

I like a standard shoulder-to-head ratio. I like a reasonable semblance of in-shape, i.e. can walk up the stairs without collapsing. I prefer clean shaven and short hair. I notice noses first, and I like a straight nose of medium size. Eyes can be any color, hair can be any color. I prefer dudes to be taller than me but it's hardly a deciding factor.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grinner View Post
    But you've met a man with blue hair and blonde eyes...?
    Welp, the time I posted was like 2am or something, maybe even more, now it's past 3am... It seems like my tiredness has caused me to make an error.

Time to sleep, I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #56

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Chris Evans or GTFO!
    I'm guessing you mean this Chris Evans:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Evans_%28actor%29

...and not this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_E...28presenter%29

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah I get personality was the thing that mattered. I was just looking for recurring themes.

Looks my Beard and stache probably gotta go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Prescriptions for spironolactone, estradiol and progesterone.
    Wonder Woman (DC Girls in Sweaters Style) Avatar by Astrella.

NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Faulty, now available in other flavours:
    last.fm
    Metal Archives

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I'm a pharmacist, baby...

*winks*
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2014-06-14 at 06:28 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Faulty View Post
    Prescriptions for spironolactone, estradiol and progesterone.
    Stylishly done.