Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Evil OOC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Team Evil OOC

Here is the OOC thread for Team Evil in the Good vs Evil Campaign.

Player Character (with sheet link) Race Class Speech Color
    Firedaemon33 Elira Nightshade Vampire Human Vampire 4/Swordsage 4 Maroon
    Wizuriel Brother Avis Azurin Totemist 8 Golden Rod
    Chaos Archon Caelric vi Umbra/Coldhabor Human Psion 8 Purple
    JonU Bob the Necromancer Human Necropolitan Dread Necromancer Indigo
    Soliloquy Crow Human Spellthief Green

Please give me a table code string for your character (I'm incredibly busy, and this also serves to let me know who is coming into the game for sure. When posting IC, I want each player to head their post with a line in Bold Scarlet giving their character's name, and possibly some cool title afterwards. This will be especially useful when it comes to using one thread for both parties, as the other team will be using a different tagline.
    Last edited by Techwarrior; 2014-08-23 at 04:41 AM.
    Avatar courtesy of Ceika. Posting is currently infrequent due to internet provider issues.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Team Evil OOC

Alright. Table code with speech color:

Firedaemon33 Elira Nightshade Vampire Human Vampire 4/Swordsage 4 Maroon

EDIT: Sorry I didn't this right the first time.
    Last edited by firedaemon33; 2014-06-17 at 07:53 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Wizuriel Brother Avis Azurin Totemist 8 Golden Rod
    Last edited by wizuriel; 2014-06-16 at 03:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Chaos Archon Caelric vi Umbra/Coldhabor Human Psion 8 Purple
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-06-17 at 07:58 PM.
    Artorias Avatar by Oneris !!!

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Player Character (with sheet link) Race Class Speech Color

JonU Bob the Necromancer Human Necropolitan Dread Necromancer Indigo

and here is the stat block:

Bob the Necromancer
    Male NE Human Necroplitan Dread Necromancer, Level 7, Init +5, HP 126/126, DR 4/bldg+mgc, Speed 40
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +8, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Will save to halve Negative Energy Burst (Undead are healed for same amount) (7D4, )
    Ghoul Touch 3/day Fortitude DC 15 to negate Pg 18 MIC Ghoul Shell Armor +1 (+3 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 13, Con , Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 19
    Condition +4 Turn resistance from Bolster Resistance

Fear Aura: 5' radius Fear aura, enemies have to pass a DC 17 Will save or become shaken.

Scabrous Touch: Use Charnel touch to inflict a disease on a creature she touches. Works like the contagion spell, inflicting disease of choice immediately w/o incubation period. Fortitude save DC 17
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-17 at 09:31 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

I could use some help on picking my familiar though. I can choose from an Imp, Quasit, Vargouille, or Ghostly Visage. I'm leaning towards the ghostly visage since that would be a great companion for delivering touch attacks.
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-17 at 08:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Ghostly Visage is usually the right choice there.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Soliloquy Crow Human Spellthief Green
    Much thanks to Wayril for the awesome avatar!

Exotic Weapon PrC Contest

My one homebrew, perpetually incomplete

"The pro of using fire is that your enemies are burning to death - the con is that now you have to face flaming enemies."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

So are we able to brainstorm in this thread or should it be done once we start the in game thread? For example, do we raid and plunder to get the good guys attention or set traps or ambushes for them? In order to do the latter we probably have to do the former. The possibilities in this setup truly are endless.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah will the campaign be more sandbox-like for the villains or will we only really be villains because we're an evil party?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Just wanted to add that I have created a sheet group for my Team Evil sheets, one is for Bob and the other is for his companion.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

It's going to be as sandboxy as I can make it. As stated in the Recruitment Thread, Team Evil has all been separately recruited by a third party to go after an artifact. Your group has managed to steal this from Team Good, who will shortly be sent on the trail to get the artifact(s) from your nefarious hands.

From an OOC perspective, you're all powerful enough to have a 'shopping list' of sorts that you would be willing to do work for in exchange for said items/magic/effects/training/what have you. You should probably all get together a list of said things and PM them to me soonish. I'll be posting the IC either later tonight or at some point tomorrow.

I'm going to say that Crow currently has the necklace, but has not had time to figure out what it is.

If you haven't figured out your items, do so ASAP.
    Avatar courtesy of Ceika. Posting is currently infrequent due to internet provider issues.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Ok so Crow has the artifact. I'll just go ahead and say that Bob is not very well suited for any prolonged direct confrontation. While his hp is very high, his Dex really kills his AC. The only item I'm starting out with other than the standard stuff I need to do my thing is my Armor, the rest has gone to paying off an acquaintance. I guess my shopping list is pretty simple, I need an item or two that boosts Dex (my touch AC is laughable) and something to boost Charisma since that is the stat that determines how powerful my minions can be.

So I'm wondering what is it that your characters specialize in? I have horrible situational awareness and would make a lousy night watch. That said, my minions never have to sleep and technically speaking Bob doesn't either. All my character is really useful for is providing fodder by way of his undead army. He doesn't have many skills and very few skill points. He would be best suited setting up an ambush were he could raise up an army and then have a day or two to get everything setup. Then GTFO if the ambush goes poorly. He has the ability to keep his minions up as well through his negative energy spells.
    I'll have a pair of Bug Bear Zombies as bodyguards. If need be I can still raise more in case of an attack. The HD of minions created through summon undead don't count against the HD cap of Animate Dead, Plague of Undead, or any obtained through other command undead abilites. Currently my minions from Summon Undead III will be 4HD minions (since they are level 2 I get two of them from one cast). Here are their stats for future reference:

HD 7D12 (59)
    Initiative +0
    Speed 30
    Armor Class 16 (+5 NA, +1 Light Wooden Shield) Touch 10, Flat-footed 16
    BAB/Grapple +3/+6
    Attack Morningstar +6 melee (1d8+3) or Slam +6 melee (1d6+3)
    Full Attack Either Morningstar or Slam
    Space/Reach 5/5
    Special Qualities Single Actions only, damage reduction 5/Slashing, darkvision 60', undead traits
    Saves Fort: 2, Ref: 2, Will: +5
    Abilities Str 17, Dex 10, Con --, Int --, Wis 10, Cha 1
    Feats Toughness

I just pulled all the stats from the chart in MM1. Once I reach level 8, my minions will get +4 Dex and another +2hp per HD from undead mastery. Can't Wait! the best part is that when one dies he heals the other
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-18 at 08:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

wow team Evil is pretty big between 5(?) of us, JonU's summons and my cult. The heroes will really need some luck on just matching numbers

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Well my character is a prince as well so provided we bump off his older brothers and sisters, and then his father well I'll be the lawful ruler of the realm... and our shining heroes wouldn't want to break the law now would they

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wizuriel View Post
    wow team Evil is pretty big between 5(?) of us, JonU's summons and my cult. The heroes will really need some luck on just matching numbers
    And that right there is the trick. We don't really want them to figure out how big our numbers are. Most of your cult are probably lower level followers and most minions I get (command undead still is limited to my HD) will be fairly week. The strong ones will stay with me and get used to buy time for my escape. But once I hit level 8, I'll be able to raise 72 HD worth of undead minions through my Undead Mastery ability (4+CHA * ECL, which at level 8 will be (4+5)*8 levels). Which means I would have to cast Animate Dead four times to hit the cap And my bodyguards created through summon undead don't count against that cap. I need to hit level 8 ASAP. Imagine this: Walking down the road when all of a sudden you have a horde (36) of 2HD skellies come out of nowhere. Then throw in a couple of 4hd zombies. The little ones aren't there for the attack. In reality they are fodder to keep the 4hd guys up longer (the small ones die and do 2d6 healing due to negative energy burst upon death). This keeps the others going longer and wears out the heroes. In all honesty that would probably be to much and you could just send in a few here and there to harass and slow them. 36 dead undead results in 72D6 of negative energy dealt out. Not much is going to survive that. (Which leads me to think that I should probably hold back a bit unless I'm in an emergency situation)
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-17 at 11:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

You are level 8... we start as 8 and the heroes start as 6

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    You are level 8... we start as 8 and the heroes start as 6
    Part of the process to becoming a Necropolitan is losing 1 level plus another 1000xp. As it stands I'm halfway to level 8. In return I have gained all the undead qualities (Undead with augmented subtype). You can literally think of my minions as 2 legged healing potions when they die rofl. The heal skill does nothing, but negative energy heals me I put some points in disguise so I can pass myself off as a living person. I didn't realize just how powerful charisma is to this class until that last post. Screw worrying about my Dex. If I boost the crap out of my Charisma, nobody should ever get anywhere close to Bob without him letting them. All that said, if I get to zero HP i'm dead dead.
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-17 at 11:56 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Heh. I speced into stealth and assassination. Shadow Hand+Max Ranks Stealth+Vampire=Very dead people. If I can get someone alone, it's very easy for me to grapple and pin them before they get to act, assuming I win initiative.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Excellent, how do you feel about knocking off my character's relatives on your off time?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Excellent, how do you feel about knocking off my character's relatives on your off time?
    Could do...I am more interesting in knocking off the PCs, though. What do we know about them, abilities-wise?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

The PCs? nothing.

My royal brothers and sisters? well given that if they're above me in line to the throne they're pretty BA to have survived this long I'd say they're at least our level
    Last edited by ChaosArchon; 2014-06-18 at 11:39 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

As ChaosArchon said, you know nothing about the PC's other than that they are part of the Order of Light, a group of Good-aligned adventurers who have tasked themselves with protecting the Empire and specifically Adrilanka itself.

On the other PC's, you've each met at least one of them during your latest mission. I'm working on the IC now, and will post listing what you know about any specific PC.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Well.... attacking the people next inline for the throne would be a great way to get the attention of a group of goody two shoes lol. IMO, i'm not concerned with the killing the other team, I'd be happy to harass the crap out of them though and make them think twice about pursuing us. I could probably help pick off a couple heirs. Ambush them out on the road and have my minions suicide into his carriage. Given enough minions, nobody would survive.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah not sure how Tech wants to play it, and I don't want to hijack this campaign into just making me king, but I feel the heirs (my character is like 11th in line at this point) would be fairly powerful in their own right given that the court is one of those courts where its a battle between heirs to see who survives long enough to be #1 when father passes.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh trust me, for you to succeed, ChaosArchon's character will need to become the Ruler.

Or at least, it would make it much easier for your party.

IC thread is up.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Oh btw IC none of you would know that I'm 11th in line to the throne, as I'm going by Caelric Coldharbor not vi Umbra

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Let the fun begin!! I can't wait to get the undead mastery ability. It'll take my undead goon squad and turn it to a full on platoon lol
    I just noticed something, Summon Undead only lasts for 1 round per level. I'll have to do some recalculating on my bodyguards and possibly figure out a way to get at least one that will be around for more than 7 rounds. Is it possible that I got these two from using my rebuke/command undead ability at some earlier point? I'll have to go back and redo the stats to reflect that I didn't raise them (or it if I can only have one). Next level this won't be an issue though because of Animate Dead and the summon spells can be used as a supplemental force in a fight.
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-18 at 07:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Dread Necromancer's have access to Rebuke Undead. I'll let you have corpses Commanded via that ability at the cost of the material components so long as they aren't weird or too far out of CR range (Bugbear would be alright for this purpose).

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Ok. So by the rules, I can't command more HD than my level, so I'll just go with one level 7 Bugbear zombie bodyguard. I'll readjust the stats from my earlier post to reflect that i didn't create it (i.e. none of the corpsecrafter feats).
    Last edited by JonU; 2014-06-18 at 08:07 PM.