Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default The Empire of Dawn

For members of the empire of dawn only in the game - Empire!

-----

Welcome to the first from the ground up empire! (even if Morph already beat me to the punch)
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Empire of Dawn

Posting for subscription.

SO! Major plans?

-Me getting a GK.
    -Which requires: The Empire of Dawn being an Empire.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Sam! And all hail Emperor Wombat!

My goals:
    - Miracle to allow my gnomish illuminated manuscripts to produce hallucinations for the reader without the influence of osuro.
    - (Next Ruler, but related to above) Faith 5 to create the Raaneki Holy Order, which basically deifies my first few characters as exceptionally glorious ancestors.
    - Begin to spread Radurja into the Kingdom
    of Serendel (Sam, you're welcome to help if you're interested)
    - Project assistance for you guys
    - Continued Fellows Chronicles.

My most pressing project, though, is to revamp the Raaneki Games. I'll establish a precedent: showcase your culture but do so in the spirit of peace; include at least one event from another culture; the Caragita will be the penultimate event at the Games if the host has no similar event in their own culture (e.g. Eien no Shiai, etc.). Then I'll announce that the Games are Raaneka's gift to the world, so the Games will be hosted by a new nation each time, so that we might all learn more of each other's cultures.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Running: The Blackwood | IC | OOC
    Playing: Cachimba | Dowrenland | IC

Past Faves: Raaneka

My DeviantArt.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam, your inbox is full!

I was going to PM each of you individually, but it's lit'rally the same info:

Fellows Investigations
    My investigations of the ruins of Old Lyradis come first, then I'll head to Sah'raa after that. Whenever I worked with moossabbi, he provided not only info about the dangers I'd find and the generally tone of the ruins, but also a basic plot structure. It made my job pretty easy, but I can definitely act with more autonomy.

For both of you individually: what are your ruins called (if anything)? What should I expect to find when I get there (if anything)? Anything I should include that's important for your storytelling? If you're comfortable letting me run wild could you let me know? I'd rather ask permission than forgiveness when it means a lot of editing.

My DeviantArt.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

The ruins of Lyradis are extensive, and much needs to be explored. First, construction has halted some ten years back thanks to a need to investigate the stability of some of the foundations of the city, as well as some workers disappearing within the depths that lead below the city. Perhaps they're missing, as there was no evidence of blood or conflict. They were just...gone. At first, desertion was thought...but they never came home...they just disappeared into the ruins. After half of the craftsmen from multiple teams occured, there was nothing to do but abandon the project until more of an effort could occur in finding out what was going on. With the recent events around the Imperium, and Lyradis' distractions with a new ruler, and a unification of the Empire, such an opportunity has not occured...until now!

You mission is one of investigation. First of all, to make the city safe to build upon, or at least provide the information to accomplish this task. The city has been abandoned for hundreds of years now, and was war torn and abandoned after the people of Lyradis were driven out by the Kells. And that's your secondary, but also important mission. Whatever the case may be in the past, things aren't adding up. What happened to the Kells? Why would they take over Lyradis, only to at some point abandon the capital city, once a beauty to behold? Where are they now? Were they driven out by the Imperium? ARE they the Imperium?

This story could potentially be linked to the ruins in Farridon that Jarrland wants you to explore. Farridon also was conquored by the Kells. You may want to garner some information from Morph in this regard as well, since he's familiar with the imperium's history, and may have some light on your discoveries. Either way, I know there's a connection between Jarrland and Lyradis, and you might be serviced by looking at my prehistory, as well as Jarrlands. We can work on resolving some of that here in the meantime as well.

EDIT: You should make it edge of your seat mood. There's likely rooms that have been blocked from inside where people tried to hide, trapped hallways, hostiles, perhaps even monsters. I was thinking of something luring the workers away, but heck, it could also be that there's an under region, and the natives moved into the ruins. If you have more questions, just ask.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-06-20 at 12:44 PM.

World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Sam, your inbox is full!

I was going to PM each of you individually, but it's lit'rally the same info:

Fellows Investigations
    My investigations of the ruins of Old Lyradis come first, then I'll head to Sah'raa after that. Whenever I worked with moossabbi, he provided not only info about the dangers I'd find and the generally tone of the ruins, but also a basic plot structure. It made my job pretty easy, but I can definitely act with more autonomy.

For both of you individually: what are your ruins called (if anything)? What should I expect to find when I get there (if anything)? Anything I should include that's important for your storytelling? If you're comfortable letting me run wild could you let me know? I'd rather ask permission than forgiveness when it means a lot of editing.
    Fixed. I got rid of 60 emails, so I should be good for 3.5 days.

You can go as wild as you want, but I can give you the basic rundown, too.

-Sah'raa's ruins are in two parts. The first are extremely ancient stone structures. Mostly pillars, obelisks, and the like. Unknown super-ancient race, from several cycles ago. If there are dangers, it'll be mysterious arcane devices.
    -Second part are old Guilderene. They have touches of the merchant race's hand everywhere; lots of markets, warehouses, and such. There are few traps, but there are lots of secrets and hidden doors and the like.
    -The only other major thing is the Ark Docks. Guilder's people sailed from Sah'raa (which was once very oceanic) to their current place, in gigantic triple-hulled ships called Arks. Their docks are buried in the Great Dune (a 2-mile high dune central to Sah'raan tradition).
    -Can't wait to see it!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Ok, so fun stuff with these new Granf Kingdom Rules....

I means all my empire needs to be taken out is to lose one southern kingdom, likely Requiem. That makes me very nervous. Alrighty, guys...so what would it take to get a little more portection going for us? Perhaps sitting on our max units on each reagion without losing troops through decay? 3000 in each region and 5000 in our capitals makes us a significant force...and will give us a little more peace of mind.

As for my new capital, I had two ideas. One, since Guilder and I both might have to move, start our Titan and put our capitals on either side of it. That would make the straight even more secure, and harder for one of our capitals to take. That would likely be in Selyra and Region 54, which I think is Maos?

My other idea is having two capitals. One being old Lyradis and one being New Lyradis, per Morph's suggestion. The puts the Great Kingdom capital right on the border with Jarrland and the Imperium, but it does have a capital I've already started work to rebuild....

World Building Project:
    Magic

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, yes: I will be our Warden of the North.

I have no preference with the location of your capitals. Both ideas seem pretty awesome.

I'll work on boosting my military. It'll just mean 2 more units in my capital region, but I may not be able to do it for a couple rounds.

My DeviantArt.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, yes: I will be our Warden of the North.

I have no preference with the location of your capitals. Both ideas seem pretty awesome.

I'll work on boosting my military. It'll just mean 2 more units in my capital region, but I may not be able to do it for a couple rounds.
    That's fine, slow but sure is fine by me. I think out of all of us, I have the lowest...

Speaking of which, perhaps we should have some stats listed here, such as military stuff so we all know.

Also, shall I recieve techs with you in the Games, Zap? Is there any of my recent aquisitions that you would like?

World Building Project:
    Magic

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Current Military:

3 Aerial Units
    3 Land Units
    3 Naval Units

Initial thoughts are to raise 2 more land units, but more naval units are an option too. Thoughts?

I have no idea what you've been up to since I've had to dial back my participation. I'll take a look later today.

My DeviantArt.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

You have the Aircraft Carrier Tech, so we can really use naval with air well. Maybe one of each?

Also, I'm looking to go to the International Summit thrown by Celero. Anyone else want to go, even if they don't spend an action on it?

I'm also thinking of attending the final Raaneki games. Though, what kind of action could I count it as? I'm looking to not do Diplomacy if I can. Military?
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-06-26 at 08:16 AM.

World Building Project:
    Magic

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    You have the Aircraft Carrier Tech, so we can really use naval with air well. Maybe one of each?

Also, I'm looking to go to the International Summit thrown by Celero. Anyone else want to go, even if they don't spend an action on it?

I'm also thinking of attending the final Raaneki games. Though, what kind of action could I count it as? I'm looking to not do Diplomacy if I can. Military?
    OOooh. I could use Aircraft Carrier Tech, to be sure.

My military is 4 Land/4 Sea/3 Air, I think. I can boost the numbers by quite a bit though. When should I do that? I'm planning on GK'ing next turn, and getting rid of Humperdink then too (possibly).

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

OOooh. I could use Aircraft Carrier Tech, to be sure.

My military is 4 Land/4 Sea/3 Air, I think. I can boost the numbers by quite a bit though. When should I do that? I'm planning on GK'ing next turn, and getting rid of Humperdink then too (possibly).
    As soon as you're able to. I'm Empire-ing this round. Any thoughts on my capital loacation, or yours?

If you go more sea, I'll go more land, and Zap could go more Air.

World Building Project:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

As soon as you're able to. I'm Empire-ing this round. Any thoughts on my capital loacation, or yours?

If you go more sea, I'll go more land, and Zap could go more Air.
    Sounds like a plan! I'll try and use my Steam Power on a ship, make it more powerful or such?

I'm gonna change to 54/Maos. For coolness' sake.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

So should I then have mine in Selyra, on the other side?

World Building Project:
    Magic

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

So should I then have mine in Selyra, on the other side?
    Sounds symmetrical!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Wombat, you talked about trading techs at the Games, right?

Here's what I've got:

• Aerial Naval Carrier
    • Avian Riding (+1 Military Battle Checks, +1 Military Maneuvering Checks)
    • Mithral Forging (+2 Military Battle Checks)
    • Ocean-Faring Ships
    • Plate Armor (+2 to Military Battle Checks)
    • Printing Press (+1 to all Diplomacy checks)
    • Raaneki Diplomacy (+2 to Diplomacy checks vs. opponents who lack Raaneki Heartwine)

I'm also receiving Osuro Oracle and Sewage System techs from the Triumvirate this round, and Horse Riding tech from Caercia this round.

What techs do you have, and which do you want from me? I honestly don't think I need any more, but I might as well grab some if I'm giving you mine. (Sam, this goes for you too)

My DeviantArt.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I have: [Adamantine (Worked)][Hovercraft][Ocean-going Ships][Berunda Riding][Plate Armor][Pitch][Kralax Riding][Printing Press][Mithril (Worked)][Blackpowder][Clockwork][Zepplins] and [Steam Power]. I'll be getting several techs next round, including Ultralight Materials.

EDIT: I also have Shintouite, Griffon, Abyssium, Raneeki Diplomacy, and official Mithril Working Tech from Wombat last round.
    Last edited by SamBurke; 2014-06-26 at 12:01 PM.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I have: [Adamantine (Worked)][Hovercraft][Ocean-going Ships][Berunda Riding][Plate Armor][Pitch][Kralax Riding][Printing Press][Mithril (Worked)][Blackpowder][Clockwork][Zepplins] and [Steam Power]. I'll be getting several techs next round, including Ultralight Materials.

EDIT: I also have Shintouite, Griffon, Abyssium, Raneeki Diplomacy, and official Mithril Working Tech from Wombat last round.
    As I said last round twice, I can't give you Shintouite, and you do not have it. What I gave you last round was - Griffon Riding, Heartwine Diplomacy, and Mithril Forging techs to Guilder. I didn't give Abyssium either, but I think that was a mistake. My bad.

As for Mithril (worked) and Blackpowder (worked) those don't seem like tech's

Ooooo. Steam Power? When'd that happen?

World Building Project:
    Magic

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

As I said last round twice, I can't give you Shintouite, and you do not have it. What I gave you last round was - Griffon Riding, Heartwine Diplomacy, and Mithril Forging techs to Guilder. I didn't give Abyssium either, but I think that was a mistake. My bad.

As for Mithril (worked) and Blackpowder (worked) those don't seem like tech's

Ooooo. Steam Power? When'd that happen?
    Shintouite was my copying mistake; I copied from my post and not from the region-write up, which is correct.

Derp on Abyssium... The only reason I thought I'd need it was to connect Guilder and other regions for a GK, which doesn't seem necessary now.

Blackpowder shouldn't be worked, I have the tech and supplies. Mithril, I had access to it because it was traded to me, though I now have the tech too.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam, I think I'm good on your techs. I don't have resources for Blackpowder, and I don't care for the really advanced stuff. I mentioned the whole airship escape clause if Raaneka looks like it's going to be destroyed (unlikely), but I'd rather not grab that stuff until it seems like I need it.

Wombat, as long as the tech list is up to date, I think the only tech I'd like are the lenses.

For both of you: just let me know which techs you'd like and I'll add it to my Games actions.
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-06-26 at 12:54 PM.

My DeviantArt.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

@Zap - Oruso Oracle I would love next round. I'm getting Sewer through other means...and before the population boom too.

For now, I suppose we could do Lenses for the Carriers? Also, lenses need glass or quartz to fulfill, and I'm full up with Glass at the moment.

Also, could you folks help me with coming up with a few regional details for the Merfolk region of Borlmyn. All I've got is that its got a tidal inland/outland sea, and that it's barren at the moment. I needs more fluff.

On top of that, Requiem needs some love. I've got the abandoned city, which can be one landmark, but the others I'm still trying to figure out/remember.

World Building Project:
    Magic

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Sam, I think I'm good on your techs. I don't have resources for Blackpowder, and I don't care for the really advanced stuff. I mentioned the whole airship escape clause if Raaneka looks like it's going to be destroyed (unlikely), but I'd rather not grab that stuff until it seems like I need it.

Wombat, as long as the tech list is up to date, I think the only tech I'd like are the lenses.

For both of you: just let me know which techs you'd like and I'll add it to my Games actions.
    I'm also gonna be getting Sewage tech this round, so that might be handy? We do need to obtain Lenses, too.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

I'm also gonna be getting Sewage tech this round, so that might be handy? We do need to obtain Lenses, too.
    I can share it with you at the Summit?

We'll all need stone to have sewer systems, and make them, so I don't think we're getting them in time.

World Building Project:
    Magic

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

I can share it with you at the Summit?

We'll all need stone to have sewer systems, and make them, so I don't think we're getting them in time.
    I can try and obtain stone for us this round, and then trade it around next?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Wombat, Lenses for Carriers sounds great. Do you need any of my other techs? Also: your actions don't indicate that you're attending either of the events this round, so I can't trade with you yet.

Sam, it looks like you don't need anything from me, right? Except maybe Carrier tech?

My DeviantArt.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Wombat, Lenses for Carriers sounds great. Do you need any of my other techs? Also: your actions don't indicate that you're attending either of the events this round, so I can't trade with you yet.

Sam, it looks like you don't need anything from me, right? Except maybe Carrier tech?
    Well, and osuro tech (I'm only getting the resource). You don't need anything from me, correct?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, and osuro tech (I'm only getting the resource). You don't need anything from me, correct?
    Coo-rrect. I can trade osuro tech with you next round. Carrier tech gifting is in my action post (please be aware that--per my agreement with Celero--I'm not actually allowed to trade Carrier tech until after my next rulers abdicate [provided three generations of Celerese rulers have abdicated by that time as well]). If he makes a fuss I'll tell him we're in the same Empire and I had my hands tied, but I wanted you to know.
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-06-26 at 04:06 PM.

My DeviantArt.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Coo-rrect. I can trade osuro tech with you next round. Carrier tech gifting is in my action post (please be aware that--per my agreement with Celero--I'm not actually allowed to trade Carrier tech until after my next rulers abdicate [provided three generations of Celerese rulers have abdicated by that time as well]). If he makes a fuss I'll tell him we're in the same Empire and I had my hands tied, but I wanted you to know.
    So... how long until I can use it...?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

So... how long until I can use can I get away with using it...?
    Fixed that for ya.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't been keeping track of Celero's rulers, but it could be a good long time. I'd say go ahead and use it and we'll deal with the consequences, but that comes from someone who's taking a back seat in this game.

My DeviantArt.