New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] City of Sand

"Oh, we're doing names. Cool. I'm Tuck by the way. Just Tuck, no fancy things like family names for me. Easier to remember too." says the druid with a smile. Turns out he might end up starving to death in jolly good company after all. There might be worse ways to go, if one thinks about it.
    "Oh, by the way, who got the lantern? I grabbed some oil, but have little use for it like that... so you can have it."
    My day job is killing me. But I will rise again, more powerful than ever!

PbP: Sky Captain (IC|OOC) - The Warlock of Monte Cristo (IC|OOC)
    Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali holds up the lantern she grabbed from the mine, looking to Tuck."I've got the lantern."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yawielas View Post
    Kalindra

Kali holds up the lantern she grabbed from the mine, looking to Tuck."I've got the lantern."
    "Good. Here it is" he says, handing it over.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gives 2 flasks of oil.
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2014-06-22 at 05:29 PM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griggix, exile. he states simply. My people live in caves, and while my tribe didn't, I know a bit about surviving underground if we need to stay here a while... There are a lot of us to feed here though, we won't be able to stay here too long, even without the slavers possibly trying to find us here.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali takes the two bottles of oil, and puts them in the sack she brought. "Thanks. Allright, which way?" She looks at Tuck. "You said you heard water?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yawielas View Post
    Kalindra

Kali takes the two bottles of oil, and puts them in the sack she brought. "Thanks. Allright, which way?" She looks at Tuck. "You said you heard water?"
    "Your're welcome, lass. And no, I said it feels like there might be water that way. I have spells to divine such things with certainty, but I do not prepare the today as I did not anticipate escaping slavery through a series of underground tunnels with a sizeable number of people... perhaps Mr. Griggix can be more helpful down here..."

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

7. - Top - End - #37

I'm Luthur the lithe man in the back finally speaks up. I would be more comfortable if we headed out of these caverns, as the time in captivity has driven me absolutely crazy with a longing to feel the sun on my skin once again.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Erica laughs a bit at Luthur's comment. Some actual human interraction was doing wonders for her mood. "Ha, I think that feeling's pretty mutual Luthur. None of us were built for this bloody mining all day."

She glances back at Roo and Uthal and adds more quietly, "Err, maybe some us were, but not you or I..."

To the group, while they catch their breath, she says, "Speaking of which, anyone have a clue what they were making us dig for? Like were we just building a tunnel or d'you think we were looking for something?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The guards were rather vague on the subject; not that they said anything to you though. In their whispered discussions you overheard titbits of information. Beneath the rock somewhere was supposed to be a great treasure; buried beneath the sands by a lost civilization. Those who grew up in this desert country know of the tales of the lost city of sand, but all sane men have considered these tales no more than folklore.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalindra

Kali shakes her head. "I've no idea. I just want to go home." She looks down on her tattered clothes, scraps and bruises, dirt and dust. "Although I'm not even sure they'll recognize me there..."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, we found no ore nor precious stones that I know of, so my impression is they were looking for buried treasure. That, or a doomsday device of incredible power capable of ending the word as we know it, hidden by the Dragon Kings of old within an intricate underground maze filled with traps and monstrous guardians and linked to an even older prophetic opus whose scrolls are now scattered across the planes, coveted by the gods themselves. Probably the former, though." says Tuck matter-of-factly. Then he turns to the young homesick lass and says with a smile: "Oh, come on. The important thing is to stay positive!"

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #42

BlackDragon

"Roo doesn't know and doesn't care what he had to dig. Roo hates digging and would rather be anywhere else." He says with a nod, walking in the general direction of the possible exit and not bothering to look where he is going.

13. - Top - End - #43

But wouldn't the off chance that whatever it is whomever had us looking for could be in this cave system right within our reach be worth looking into? If we can keep whatever it is out of whomever they are's hands wouldn't it be worth the last however long you've been digging, just to spite them?

14. - Top - End - #44

Griggix's mouth starts moving briefly before he manages to start speaking, You don't think there really was such a thing here, do you? Why would anyone want to bury a weapon... He wanders to the tunnel wall with that thought, seeming to inspect it. I've never really been to the desert before all this, but I imagine the walls will be damp if there's water here.

Spoiler: Skill Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+3)[17] - Survival check, hoping to find water
    (1d20)[14] - Search check on the wall, since I'm here already.
    Game systems I play: DnD 3.5, Pathfinder, Star Wars Saga, Vampire: The Masquerade, Dungeons: The Dragoning, AFBME, Atomic Highway, Dark Heresy, Legend of the 5 Rings 4E, MAID and... EQRPG... Does anyone actually play that?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Griggix's knowledge of desert survival tells him that there is probably an underground pool or river nearby. They often form in underground tunnels such as these where the sun can't evaporate what moisture collects here during the one or two rains that come each year.

16. - Top - End - #46

Yes, I think we have some here, he smiles, We should probably go find it and refresh a bit, and then, I'm with Luthur, I want as much distance from this place as I can, we should look to trying to get out of here as soon as possible after that.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, do not worry about anything I say, I've been known to ramble as a result of prolonged social isolation. No filters you see?" says Tuck to the little goblin, moving his hands in front of his face in a way that supposedly illustrated the concept. "My pet rock doesn't mind much, but recently I've recently been made aware of the fact that it can be quite grating. I should find myself a hat."

"As for riches, I do not need nor care for them. Dead weight in my pockets, if you ask me. And I don't even have pockets! I mean, who needs gold and riches beyond their wildest dreams? Not me!" However... uhm, I guess one could use them to buy a lot of slaves their freedom... that would be neat...

To the kobold walking away on his own: "Hey... Roo, right?... you should come with us and see if we find some water... we are doing that, right?... for the journey. And riches beyond our wildest dreams, apaprently." he adds.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

As Tuck starts rambling again, Erica scoffs a bit and whispers to Kali. "Think he's always been like that, or did the sun cook him too long?"
    As the group goes to prepare, Erica thinks back on what she's heard in stories and drunken travelers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo bardic knowledge: for the desert: (1d20+3)[4]

And possibly for what we're digging for: (1d20+3)[8]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Kali

Kali looks at Erica and shrugs a tiny bit. "Always, probably. At least he's friendly." Looking around, she says:"I'm in, let's go."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Good. Too much talk gets us nowhere. Find water, I say. Drink, fill what we can and then look for a way out." Uthal says from the back.
    Last edited by Simba; 2014-06-25 at 12:47 PM.
    Act well before thinking!

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

Roo stops at Tuck's call, scratching his head as he thinks out loud. "Roo doesn't care much for riches, but water is important to travel the desert. One direction is probably as good as another if it takes Roo away from guards." Shrugging he turns back around to join the group.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Hmm yes ... Water" Keldaro looks around and takes a few steps down, inspecting to walls a little as he goes. "Water might not be enough... But I agree with Uthal we need to get going"

Spoiler: Knowledge dungeoneering
    Show

Keldaro tries to recall if anything edible can be found in this kind of caverns.
    (1d20+3)[12]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Kali

Kali walks next to Erica, who she can relate to the most, being of similar age and gender. She doesn't say anything, though, in stead focusing on listening for pursuers.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mavame View Post
    "Hmm yes ... Water" Keldaro looks around and takes a few steps down, inspecting to walls a little as he goes. "Water might not be enough... But I agree with Uthal we need to get going"

Spoiler: Knowledge dungeoneering
    Show

Keldaro tries to recall if anything edible can be found in this kind of caverns.
    [roll0]
    It would be difficult to find edible food this near the surface, though the right path may lead to something edible.

Quote Originally Posted by Business Scrub View Post
    As Tuck starts rambling again, Erica scoffs a bit and whispers to Kali. "Think he's always been like that, or did the sun cook him too long?"
    As the group goes to prepare, Erica thinks back on what she's heard in stories and drunken travelers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woo bardic knowledge: for the desert: [roll0]

And possibly for what we're digging for: [roll1]
    You find it hard to recall much of anything from before you were taken prisoner. It was common legend among the desert folk of a great city that existed several hundred years ago and perished seemingly overnight, and more than one band of adventurers had fallen prey to the desert heat in search of the treasure rumored to lie beneath the scorching sands.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Survival - (1d20+11)[18] - Looking for food and water

"Food and water then. Outstanding decision, people: follow me!" says Tuck, almost breaking into a jig as he takes the path to the right "You know, my mentor once told me this: forget about your worries and your strife and the bare necessities of life will come to you. And it's true! So rest at ease: Old Mother Nature will provide."

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tuck searches along the right most corridor and manages to find some edible mushrooms. There appears to be a large pool down the far end. The far end of the corridor stops abruptly, dropping down into a deep well. The water appears black in the meager lamplight.

27. - Top - End - #57

Well, looks like that will give us some time before we need to find food and water out in the desert, Griggix says, coming up behind Tuck. ...I hope that water's good, who knows how long it's been undisturbed.

Spoiler: Skill roll
    Show
    I'm going to have Griggix check to make sure the water isn't stagnant, as that seems to make sense to do. Can I ready an action to blink back 10 feet if something tries to reach at him?

(1d20+3)[12]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Erica looks at the mushrooms with digust.

"We're going to eat those?"

She turns and continues down the tunnel, eager to be one step closer to freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by herodofcows View Post
    It is the ultimate in pseudo-pubescent manly bonding experiences. If you are good at pins 'n' rims, you are good at life.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course we are, young lady. And stop making faces about it: they might look a little slimy and more than a little dirty, but they are quite nutritious. And they are fun, too, if you are lucky. There have been times... like that one with the rabbit... wearing the waistcoat... oh, poor rabbit..."
    Last edited by iTookUrNick; 2014-07-03 at 03:04 PM.

Homebrew|Avatar by Ceika

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Kali

Kali shrugs. "At this point, I'll eat anything. Almost anything, at least." She looks after Erica as she hurries on, then follows, not wanting her to get too far ahead.