New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion XVI: Chej Kejak, Pokegod Trainer!

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMook View Post
    So guys, I want to ttry tackling GWM, but I'm not keen on cross-referencing the errata and the actual book for the whole thing. Is there any sort of compiled PDF or something that includes the errata?
    Not as far as I am aware - much as the other books don't have the errata in their pdf versions. Or only sporadically.

What does the Errata do?

• Changes Charms so they have applications outside Shaping Combat, among other things. Most are changed, so refer to the Errata for the effects, poke at GWM for the trees and (few) unchanged charms. Hint: Soul Carving Artifice is great. The other major alterations are that Glamour Resistance and Mutation Point costs are gone.
    • Introduces Ishvara. Use or not, as you wish.
    • Introduces Chancels as a form of Grace Magic. Get one.
    • Changes to Grace Magic, linked to the Charm changes - fewer charms can be used in Grace Magic, and the costs and access depend on the type of Grace Magic. Refer to the Errata for details.
    • Introduces the Way Grace in a bit more detail. Get a Chancel.

What's left in GWM?

• All the fluff (except Ishvara and detailed Way Grace).
    • Shaping Combat rules (which don't work anyway, being hyper-Chungian).
    • Reality Shaping rules (which are terrifyingly versatile. Errata adds minor limits).
    • Character creation (Errata gives a few more bonus points, and training times)

Gift of Final Rebirth

Creation is fascinating to the Raksha, who find its strictures painful and confining, yet the dreams of its inhabitants are delectable beyond most of the Wyld's marvels. And with these dreams come ideas, novel concepts and stories which the Fair Folk wonder at and even hunger for. Some of these are so powerful they impose themselves on the Raksha, and merit studyand prodding until they can be unraveled.

Time, and its foul spawn cause and continuity.

Space, and the meaningless distances that conceal Creation's tales.

Death, an abrupt end to stories when more could be told.

Most Raksha suffer these concepts unwillingly, exploring them with care and often ignoring them as best they can, for they are alien and incomprehensible. Still, a few of the Fair Folk seek to fully understand their workings, and have gone deep in their studies. For one, the quest was of such importance that it is still slowly writing itself into the very nature of Creation...

Once there was a Raksha
    Who died a thousand times
    Withered by Oblivion
    Yet lived to die again

Once there was a Raksha
    Who lived a thousand times
    Blooming in the wild
    While all its children died

The Gift of Final Rebirth is the work of a mysterious Fair Folk, a child of the Wyld that seeks to understand death as it is, rather than the extinction that comes when a Raksha's tale falls silent. Wearing the accoutrements of Death, it becomes one with a being of Creation, and learns its life to better know and savor its ending. Then, when the impulse comes, the Gift steals its victim's death, granting instead the nothingness that comes to the Raksha, and transmutes it into a new verse, a burst of potential, or something novel and different. Rumors in the forbidden lore of the Gods - scattered among the tomes and secrets they stole from their betters and never understood - hints that the dooms granted by the Gift remake the stuff of Creation by erasing What Is and replacing it with What Could Be. Certainly those tales would interest the lords of the Demon Realm, and the scolars of Oblivion.

Mechanics

Starting level Heroic Worker

Essence 4, Ring 5 (from Temperance 5)

Assumption of the Person's Heart (free)
    Assumption of Cerements and Bone
    Chimera Exultation

1 free Charm, 16 freebie points
    (Recommend feeding Charms or other way of subsiting in Creation)
    (Need to accumulate 1 gossamer)

The Gift melds with a chosen Creation-born entity, and remains inert for a while. When the proper time comes, it grants its bearer the use of Chimera Exultation, utterly destroying them in a burst of Wyld energy.

There are probably shaping defenses to prevent the Gift from melding with a target, and ways of removing it once it's there. But for something that wants to die and leave nothing behind, it's a excellent option. Yes, this technically could work on the Neverborn (and, pre-errata, could be weaponized in Grace Magic to affect everything within line of sight, even bypassing Charms), but one could be justified in requiring a quest or two to attain the proper attunement.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SaurOps View Post
    That's going bye-bye in the next edition, according to the developer ideas that have been let out into public view. As well it should be, since having anything to do with the Wyld only ever had to do with attempting to flee from Terrestrial and Sidereal extermination squads, and doesn't really constitute a deep, integral connection that the character type really needs.
    The moon has long been connected to shapechanging (same moon looks different every night), the fluid nature of time, and the space of dreams. The dreams and the inconstancy of form are thematically duplicated by the Wyld. Otherwise, I do agree that the connection is a bit tenuous. But I don't like it when designers whitewash distinctive qualities out of a game for new editions; I like fluff, and can change it if I wish, but also have a use for stuff that is complicated or rich right out of the box.

The real problem with Lunars is that they are mated to the most awesome people ever forever, in a way that makes them look like purpose-built second fiddles. And if a major point of your Exalt type is that you are always less cool than that mate of yours, then that's probably not going to be a great thing in a game focused on doing cool stuff and being awesome. Solaroid bias in the game is legion, and I'd be much more impressed with developer efforts to ameliorate this than tinkering with fluff, which I can well do myself.
    Last edited by Phelix-Mu; 2014-07-11 at 11:58 AM.
    In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

You're Tippy's fluffy cousin...

3. - Top - End - #273
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Preach on brother !
    Eat that, abominable godling !

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    The moon has long been connected to shapechanging (same moon looks different every night), the fluid nature of time, and the space of dreams. The dreams and the inconstancy of form are thematically duplicated by the Wyld. Otherwise, I do agree that the connection is a bit tenuous. But I don't like it when designers whitewash distinctive qualities out of a game for new editions; I like fluff, and can change it if I wish, but also have a use for stuff that is complicated or rich right out of the box.

The real problem with Lunars is that they are mated to the most awesome people ever forever, in a way that makes them look like purpose-built second fiddles. And if a major point of your Exalt type is that you are always less cool than that mate of yours, then that's probably not going to be a great thing in a game focused on doing cool stuff and being awesome. Solaroid bias in the game is legion, and I'd be much more impressed with developer efforts to ameliorate this than tinkering with fluff, which I can well do myself.
    My personal headcanon on this is twofold: one, that Luna and Sol came up with the idea of the Bond because they both thought that their companionship was a positive influence on their lives. Luna was able to let Sol rest at last - even if only for a while - and the two have been good friends throughout the millenniums (Also, the sex is incredible). Two, Lunars are meant to complement their solar partners. A Solar may be able to lie to the Unconquered Sun, shoot out Kejak's eye from the other side of Creation, or take a sailboat into space... but he can't do ALL of those things. A Solar isn't going to be able to apply their perfect skill to all problems, so the Lunar is there to do anything the Solar needs to do, but can't. And since most Solars specialize, it's going to be most everything.

Of course, mechanically, it doesn't work that way. But I like it.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that's the problem. It'd be great as "they complement each other," except that the baseline for Solars is "the best at everything they bother to be try to be good at, given significantly less practice time than anyone else would take." If the Lunar can fill in for and complement the gaps in the Solar's abilities, it's because either you need to do things in two places at once (in which case the Solar has great mortal-empowering abilities and Sorcery to fill in about as well as the Lunar does) or the Solar hasn't bothered to learn whatever it is (in which case what they Lunar's doing probably isn't a big deal).

There's a bit more space for it at low-Essence when the Solar hasn't had the time or XP to be the best at everything, but eventually they'll just cap it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Yeah, that's the problem. It'd be great as "they complement each other," except that the baseline for Solars is "the best at everything they bother to be try to be good at, given significantly less practice time than anyone else would take." If the Lunar can fill in for and complement the gaps in the Solar's abilities, it's because either you need to do things in two places at once (in which case the Solar has great mortal-empowering abilities and Sorcery to fill in about as well as the Lunar does) or the Solar hasn't bothered to learn whatever it is (in which case what they Lunar's doing probably isn't a big deal).

There's a bit more space for it at low-Essence when the Solar hasn't had the time or XP to be the best at everything, but eventually they'll just cap it all.
    I know. Like I said, it doesn't actually work that way mechanically (and even the fluff kinda screws them over by making Solars the undisputed masters of pretty much EVERYTHING)

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

There's also, y'know, circles...
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    There's also, y'know, circles...
    Yeah, but there's a vast difference between a group you work with and someone who you'd trust enough to smile at as they hold a blade against your throat.

Even if that trust is magically reinforced both ways.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Yeah, but there's a vast difference between a group you work with and someone who you'd trust enough to smile at as they hold a blade against your throat.

Even if that trust is magically reinforced both ways.
    What really bothered me was that the bond is only present as a matter of fact in Lunars; can't get rid of that intimacy, honey. At least there is some benefit, but those Solar charms...what were they called...oh, right, the "I'm crazy and YOU are my b*$ch" charms from GotMH:UCS. Those are uncool. Not because they are innately malicious, but because there are no similar Lunar charms granting unparalleled influence over their mate's mind.
    In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

What really bothered me was that the bond is only present as a matter of fact in Lunars; can't get rid of that intimacy, honey. At least there is some benefit, but those Solar charms...what were they called...oh, right, the "I'm crazy and YOU are my b*$ch" charms from GotMH:UCS. Those are uncool. Not because they are innately malicious, but because there are no similar Lunar charms granting unparalleled influence over their mate's mind.
    yeeeeah... I'm talking in terms of fluff here. The mechanics usually just ruin it in some major way.

(my headcanon states that those charms were Autobot's idea so that there would be a clear hierarchy in the Exalted... it also says that most Solars avoid those charms like the plague, as they give the user a skeevy feeling, like they have to lie to their best friend/lover. Cuz that's basically what they're doing.)
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2014-07-11 at 03:51 PM.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah those charms seem pretty messed up, I'm new to the setting but I always saw the Solar/Lunar pairing as a symbiotic relationship, where they both help eachother reach their goals. At least that's what I got from the fluff, maybe I'm wrong
    Lu'ciel, First Age Sorcerer-King of the Unconquered Sun avatar by linkele. many thanks to the person

Extended List of Games I'm in or GM'ing

My homebrew setting: Raeus

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosArchon View Post
    Yeah those charms seem pretty messed up, I'm new to the setting but I always saw the Solar/Lunar pairing as a symbiotic relationship, where they both help eachother reach their goals. At least that's what I got from the fluff, maybe I'm wrong
    No, I think that this pretty much was the fluff. The mechanics, though, make Solars so overwhelmingly better at just about everything that having a Lunar mate seems more like window-dressing than an equal partnership.

But some of the fluff deals with this, too. Lunars were just distant enough from their Solar mates to start getting whiffs of how Solar rule in the First Age really wasn't in the best interests of Creation. Which is actually a good thing; some of the Lunars knew that all was not well, as is readily apparent to anyone looking at the late First Age from outside. The problem is that there was basically nothing Lunars could do about it at that point.

Problems with Lunar Mechanics:

- Everything is more expensive, in terms of experience costs. Particularly charms, which cost 25% more. This is somewhat offset by efficiency of Lunar excellencies, but then is un-offset by bloat in Lunar charm trees; some Lunar charms are really, really narrow in scope compared to Solar charms.

- Lunars, due to efficiency in excellencies and not needing to meet ability pre-reqs for charms, rise in power fast near the start of their growth. E2 Lunars are pretty badass. But, due to the way attributes work in relation to dice pools, Solars catch up quickly and overtake Lunars in a hurry, never looking back.

- Finally, Solaroid charms are just the best in the game. Fewest drawbacks, broadest scope, cheapest activation costs (even post-errata). Lunar charms aren't terrible, they just look shabby in comparison with Solars. And, to add insult to injury, there are Solar charms that duplicate like 90% of Lunar charm coolness or render said coolness obsolete, leaving Lunars with only shapechanging as their signature schtick, and sadly, almost all shapechanging is trash in terms of mechanics.

Luckily, some of this can be fixed without too much work. I just hope they actually bother with it for 3e; and that the books for Lunars come out before I die of old age.

Extended Sigbox

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMook View Post
    So guys, I want to ttry tackling GWM, but I'm not keen on cross-referencing the errata and the actual book for the whole thing. Is there any sort of compiled PDF or something that includes the errata?
    Hey, it's your lucky day!

Seriously. Click here. This link will download a zip file made by the inestimable FearMeForIAmPink, who coded comment files for every Exalted book. If you use a pdf reader that can read comments (hilariously, Adobe Acrobat can't, so I recommend Foxit), and attach the comment file to the right book, the errata will pop on to every page.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi, everyone! I made some charms and artifacts, and I'd like everyone's opinion and comments.

Fist of Awesome
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: - (3m, 1wp); Mins: Essence 4, have done 3die stunt in the past; Type: Permanent;
    Duration: Permanent; Keywords: Native
    Prerequisite charms: By Rage Recast
    Malfeas is awesome, and so are his chosen. So are you! He grants you his awesome power, contained in your mighty fist, so go out there and be awesome! Wrestle bears, punch gods in the ****! Your fist is the fist that shall pierce the heavens!
    Infernal's hands become indestructible magical weapons with the following statistics: Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +10L/2, Defense +2, Rate 3, Tags N, O, P. If somehow separated from the Infernal, the hand melts and regenerates back on the owner in the next two days. For the extra surcharge of 3m, 1wp the fist of awesome deals aggravated damage to spirits and wyld creatures for the duration of a scene. While doing so, the Infernal's hands become coated in brass and wreathed in brilliant emerald flame.

Thousand Glories Strike
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Reflexive
    Duration: One Scene; Keywords: Emotion
    Prerequisite charms: Fist of Awesome, (Cecelyne Charm)
    Fist of Awesome is awesome! The Infernal's mighty blows bring terrified awe to the minds of onlookers, as he skillfuly deals with the opposition.
    Until the end of the scene, Infernal's unarmed attacks count as a scene spent building an intimacy of terrified awe towards the Infernal for everyone who witnesses them. This effect can be resisted for the cost of 1wp per attack. The target becomes immune to this effect once it has spent Infernal's (Essence) willpower. Exalts can spend 3wp to resist this effect for the scene.

One Source of Pain
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cost: -; Min: Essence 3; Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisites: Tragic Love Amusement
    Adorjan's love is terrible to behold, and yet it's still love. She'll go to the end of the universe to protect them from harm, no matter what it costs her. Because Adorjan's beloved belongs only to her. Forever. But it's not like Adorjan's doing it for him, you know.
    Infernal adds (Compassion) dice to any rolls that protect the object of Intimacy created by Tragic Love Amusement. It can be physical protection, such as slaying foes that attack her, using Defend Other action, or carrying her beloved over a pit full of burning bears. Or it can be mental protection, such as shielding the beloved from the cruel outside world, slaying her other suitors, or arguing in her place at the court.

Lilike's Flute: Artifact ••
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a tiny flute, that sings just for the Adorjan's plight. Lilike's Flute is a blood-red piccolo flute, hammered out of one of the branches of a brass tree. It is covered with a net of interlocking symbols, delicately etched in vitriol, and contains a tiny bit of Adorjan's wind inside. The air ripples faintly around its holes, as it were projecting some great cacophony - but no matter how hard one might blow, the flute is as quiet as Adorjan. Indeed, it is quiet enough to drive men mad, clawing desperately at any sound in order to silence it.
    When blowing into Lilike's Flute, the bearer gains +2 dice to all Stealth checks where silence might play a role, as the noise they make is muffled and dimmed to near-silence.
    On a successful Performance check, the bearer may project Adorjan's desire for silence into those nearby. All listeners within (Essence x 10) yards of the performer are under the unnatural Compulsion to silence any sounds louder than a whisper until the bearer stops playing the Flute, or until the end of the day, if the performer spends 5m.
    Attunement cost: 2m.

The Uncatchable Parade. Artifact ••••
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Ligier created this artifact in hopes of cheering up his angry angry creator. He worked days and nights to create the greatest, the funniest parade to ever exist. Alas, Malfeas's was not amused. In anger, he cursed this parade, commanding it to never be seen again. This artifact is a parade of 20 brass androids, equal in statistics to first-circle demons, armed with trumpets, drums, tubas and other loud musical instruments. The demons hold podiums on which emerald bonfires burn constantly. To benefit from this artifact the owner must stand on one of those podiums.
    The artifacts confers following benefits:
    To activate the first power, the owner makes (Appearance+Performance) roll adding (Essence) successes, everyone within (Essence) miles radius who doesn't successfuly resist falls under the Compulsion to find a beautiful parade. This power activates automatically at the start of every scene when the Infernal is riding the parade.
    The Parade's second power is its incredible evasivness. The parade (which uses the owner's stealth dicepool) doubles the ammount of successes on stealth roll, and, as a Shaping effect, can hide anywhere - on a crowded street, an empty field, a china store, as if it had an appropriate cover. The searches don't get any bonuses for the parade's size.
    Attunement cost: 5m.

The messy cooking pot. Artifact •
    Spoiler
    Show
    This cooking pot once belonged to a 'Major' Chung, a cook in the 14th scale of the imperial army. His constant annoyance at the soldiers, and poor hygiene led to this pot ascending at the moment the cook was killed by an essence cannon shot, with all his scale.
    Now this pot is unruly, and constantly tries to bite and burn its owner. When cooking in the pot, the owner takes one unsoakable level of lethal damage. The pot has a miraculous ability to transform anything cooked in it into the bland, slightly burnt gray-brown mass Chung was making at the fifth of resplendent fire, RY 764.
    Attunement cost: 2m.
    Last edited by Longes; 2014-07-13 at 05:24 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    yeeeeah... I'm talking in terms of fluff here. The mechanics usually just ruin it in some major way.

(my headcanon states that those charms were Autobot's idea so that there would be a clear hierarchy in the Exalted... it also says that most Solars avoid those charms like the plague, as they give the user a skeevy feeling, like they have to lie to their best friend/lover. Cuz that's basically what they're doing.)
    Are these the charms that Desus used to enslave and rape Lilith? because I'm pretty sure he created those himself and they're supposed to be unique to him.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Are these the charms that Desus used to enslave and rape Lilith? because I'm pretty sure he created those himself and they're supposed to be unique to him.
    I don't think that they are unique to him, but you can easily assume that he was involved with "Lunar-Taming Leash".
    Spoiler
    Show

Warforged Upgrades
    Blade Lord Vestige
    Soulforged PrC
    Transformers RPG Now Updated as PDFs on Google Drive.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

What are you talking about? Desus is a lovely fellow. Very charming.
    why am I doing the joke desus is one of my most hated things in the setting dear god
    (that's hated IC, he's a... I think a good character narratively? I mean we could use some more good solars for contrast, but taken alone he's interesting.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rater202, if any Desus was using Solar Mind-Bending charms, not specifically Lunar-Taming charms. Besides, he certainly had his reasons. Don't be so judgmental, Desus is the guy !

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Not unique to him, obviously, but I doubt many Solars before going bonkers would have used them.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

20. - Top - End - #290

IIRC, not only did Desus have unique "Desus is an amazing person, yay!" charms, He didn't know it, and it affected him too. Everyone in the first age was part of Desus's I-must-have-deserved-this Rationalization Prana
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrTenko View Post
    TimeWizard, you've got to do something about all that Clarity you've got. It starts by just ruining jokes, but soon you'll be dreaming of electric sheep and stuff. It can't be good for you.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

How Desus couldn't know he had the charms, Time Wizard ?
    He probably thought them okay, since it was him having them.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur_Azebol View Post
    How Desus couldn't know he had the charms, Time Wizard ?
    He probably thought them okay, since it was him having them.
    That's the problem with Passive Presence charms that come with 20+ successes on the Social Attack. "Everything Desus does is the right thing." can be bad when you look into the mirror and social-fu yourself.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

That does not redact his knowledge of the charm, right ? He just knows it is ok if he have it.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rikandur_Azebol View Post
    That does not redact his knowledge of the charm, right ? He just knows it is ok if he have it.
    Unless part of his mind control was "No, I'm not using any Charms to make you think I'm awesome."
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground

You don't need to know you have a charm. I would imagine most people don't know what charms they have. More likely you know what Obvious charms you have, and the more Occult you have the better you understand your charms and how they relate to each other. But for permanent charms-I bet there's a lot of people who don't think "I know the Ox-Body Technique" but just think, "As an Exalted, I'm really tough."

Sidereals probably do because of their closed charm set and bureacracy. Alchemicals probably know their charm loadouts because there are files in the Vats complexes. But even they might at any given time only know '8 of my charm slots are occupied' if they lost memory or weren't paying attention.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-17 at 08:35 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #296

Messing around inside your own head can be done far before reaching elder Essence - between Memory-Reweaving Discipline in Performance and Elusive Dream Defense in Integrity, you can rewrite your memories and add appropriate Intimacies to your heart's content, and I wouldn't doubt it if giving yourself psychic fissures to create personas was beyond the purview of high-Essence Solar Socialize.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2014-07-17 at 12:06 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

27. - Top - End - #297

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    You don't need to know you have a charm. I would imagine most people don't know what charms they have. More likely you know what Obvious charms you have, and the more Occult you have the better you understand your charms and how they relate to each other. But for permanent charms-I bet there's a lot of people who don't think "I know the Ox-Body Technique" but just think, "As an Exalted, I'm really tough."

Sidereals probably do because of their closed charm set and bureacracy. Alchemicals probably know their charm loadouts because there are files in the Vats complexes. But even they might at any given time only know '8 of my charm slots are occupied' if they lost memory or weren't paying attention.
    Charms are explicitly techniques you learn/teach yourself. Charms are a thing that exists in-universe.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Longes View Post
    Charms are explicitly techniques you learn/teach yourself. Charms are a thing that exists in-universe.
    That was a paradighm that;s being Discouraged.

Technique names are fluff, in universe a charm is an inherent power, save for sorserous initiation and martial arts charms.

A Solar Charm, for example, is a natural extension of using essenc to enhance ones skills(, as well as emulating the radiance of Ignis Divine

Lunar Charms are natural extensions of Shapeshifting+using essence to improve.

Dragonblooded are the same as Solars, save for there charms the elemental dragons, and te emulation is more aparent early on.

Sidereals are the only ones whose charms are set techniques.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Names and sources where I can find any perfect defenses in the Infernal charmset, assuming there are some, if the Playground would be so kind. Have a feeling they will shortly be relevant in my campaign.

Extended Sigbox

30. - Top - End - #300

Ablation of Brass and Fire, perfect Parry, MoeP:I pg. 111
    Sands Through Fingers Defense, perfect Dodge(into immateriality), MoeP:I pg. 123
    Counter-Conceptual Imposition, perfect Parry, MoeP:I pg. 133
    Who Strikes the Wind, perfect Dodge, MoeP:I pg. 139
    Bloodless Murk Evasion, perfect Dodge, MoeP:I pg. 157
    Bitter Heart Unbleeding, perfect Soak, Broken-Winged Crane pg. 42

Honorable Mention: Bitterness Beyond Wounds: imperfect Dodge, Scroll of Errata pg. 93
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-07-20 at 02:04 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine