New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Londorthell - (Dawn of Worlds IC)

With Akriot's return, the Rockscales have become more lively as they figure out their god watches over them again. Indeed the Great Canyon rejoices through sunny days and bright skies among the frozen wastes of the Dust Plains. However these reactions were not all optimistic to the Rockscales. Some felt that his return meant they have proved themselves rightfully towards their god, while others were concerned his return meant more of his directing to the species. Those in the Dust Planes were more glad to see Akriot return while those in Coil'Northus and Del'Martah would rather have Akriot stay away considering the colonized cities have been doing well in these new lands.

Ek'nidus made no immediate reaction to it. Akriot had created and groomed the demigod but also used him to fight against those he never wanted to face. Ek'nidus is as much a sentient Rockscale as he is a killing machine, a fact he is still not comfortable with. Even if he had influence among his kind, he is no leader. Mortals such as Indall has been leading those in Coil'Northus far better than he can with those elsewhere. With this it has left the demigod much as a wanderer in the lands of the Rockscales, still yet not willing to go down to meet the Steelscales at sea or in sea. He has a place in this world, somewhere. Its just a matter of what.

In another one of Ek'nidus' travels around the Dust Plains he ended up coming across a very surprising encounter. Ek'nidus had heard rumors within the past couple minutes of a Steel Man under the effects of incredible magic, a situation Ek'nidus had not known of before among the Steel Men. It wasn't before long that this Steel Man, clothed as a wanderer, approached the Rockscale so suddenly. Ek'nidus had nothing to immediately open discussion at first, seeing as it is the Steel Man who wanted to speak to the demigod. "What do you want from me," Ek'nidus eventually speaks, both concerned and extremely curious of this being. "I'm afraid that we've never met."

Spoiler: RP-only
    Show
    I have like 3 discussions to do in this game at once. Will get to the other two shortly, hopefully.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    The Commander grimaced at the Lady Fair. 'I have business in Seaport, and would be happy to join you, however little I think you need my protection. However I cannot leave the Great Forest without some assurance that violence will not be resurgent
    "Kind Commander, if you feel that you cannot leave the Deep Forest at this time, I will not pull you from your duty," said Lady Fair. "Perhaps a captain instead.

"For I fear that most of the knowledge of Steel Man culture and the Enlightened I possess is second-hand, passed down by my ancestors. I do not know how to approach them or Seaport. I thought your connections might have been of assistance."
    ~There is nothing more tragic than when a loving family is torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

3. - Top - End - #273

Quote Originally Posted by Omegonthesane View Post
    "Stahl. Good to see you, all considered," the Usurper said. "To summarise, a species of sentient plants known as the Bloom tested some theories on the Saumna. These tests took the form of trying to yank the Butcher's claws out of them, and stop his brazen efforts to reduce the Free Folk to slavery and misery. For this offence the Butcher has declared them a threat to the entire world, because they threaten his so-called 'balance'. He has been asked to give evidence that this 'balance' even exists as anything but an excuse for his cruelty, and he has refused. He has been challenged to put even a single non-evil thing on the earth, and he has refused. He has noticed that I will not stand for his arbitrary wickedness, and has decided that this means I must secretly be trying to conquer the world, ignoring all evidence to the contrary as lies."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    "Greetings Forge Farther." The Agent nods to the newly arrived god. "As you can hear, the Usurper's lies are as blatant as ever. How he sees the Royalists as evil is truly through twisted eyes. But all that matters little, because it is not what we are here to discuss. The bloom has shown to possess incredible power. We also no nothing about it except for the fact that it possess free will. I ask you, what makes you believe it will only use it's powers for so called good. Could it not just as well evolve, as the Usurper has told it to, and grow to enslave all of Londorthell. Wether it might or not, such a being is truly too powerful as the fate of world may very well depend on what it chooses to do with it's free will. There is only one reasonable thing we can do. We must destroy it."
    Stahl's brow furrowed as the two gods converged on him, each spouting their grievances about the other. He held up a hand to forestall them.

"First of all, Ischkathar, I am concerned about hearing of 'tested some theories' since that sounds dangerously of 'experimenting upon.' The Saumna are living and thinking beings. They should be treated as such and not as test subjects, no matter how 'noble' the cause."

He then turned to Althasaar. Secondly, the Azure offered an Accord that could have provided protection without question. You called us fools for suggesting such a thing since it could be for self-serving purposes only. Yet here you are asking for aid against an aggressor. Well, the unconditional aid is no longer on the table and we must judge things objectively now. You both make accusations of the other, but offer limited evidence."

Despite the forceful words, Stahl appeared to remain calm. "When we last met in Athrabeth, Usurper, you talked of your progenitor using mortals as tools. How is using them as toys any better? Murderer, you claim to speak of balance, but seem to be the most disruptive influence in Londorthell."

"Make no mistake; there is no god here that is not clean of blood from their own hands or by actions done in their name. Akriot drove his people into a frenzy and slaughter at the thought of any of his people straying from his path. Sol Invictus, you granted your children immortality and a divine spark, teaching them that they were better than other mortals. Yet when they returned to Londorthell and tried to exercise their ideas of sovereignty, your brother slew them for not showing proper reverence to you personally. Ischkathar, you speak of freedom for your mortals to make their own path, yet allow tyranny and slavery reign in your lands. Murderer, you controlled and made the Saumna act so far out of their nature that their minds and souls have fractured. Even the goddess, Solaine, despite... rarely leaving her castle has caused untold death and suffering with her icestorms in the Dust Plains.

"Is it not clear why three of our number are no longer with us?" Stahl asked "Wise Karu slumbers rather than deal with us. Lively Xymix has abandoned the world to flit among the stars. Quiet Yaelumi has not been seen since the horrors in the Deep Forest started. Frankly, I don't blame them. If not for my grandchildren, no, all mortals on this realm, I would leave it as well for you be bicker and fight over. However, I will not turn my back on them."

Stahl looked around the room again. "We could stand here and argue about who is more 'evil' than the other. Or we can actually start working together to make Londorthell the paradise it could be. There have been too many dead worlds created by the actions of gods; I will not let Londorthell be another such."
    Last edited by Justicar; 2014-08-04 at 11:33 AM.
    ~There is nothing more tragic than when a loving family is torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

"If the quality of your words were as high as the quantity, Londorthell would already be your paradise, Forge Farther." The Faceless God replied. "We could discuss out actions and intentions until armageddon, and we would not have gotten any further to a conclusion. But I did not call you here so you could smother me in accusations. I called you all here so we could solve the problem of impending doom. Wether or not the bloom's actions were justified plays no role. It has the power to claim all of Londorthell for itself, we must stop it before it decides to do so." The Murderer continues. "Nothing else is of importance at the current moment."
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-08-04 at 12:15 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

5. - Top - End - #275

"If the quality of your words were as high as the quantity, Londorthell would already be your paradise, Forge Farther." The Faceless God replied. "We could discuss out actions and intentions until armageddon, and we would not have gotten any further to a conclusion. But I did not call you here so you could smother me in accusations. I called you all here so we could solve the problem of impending doom. Wether or not the bloom's actions were justified plays no role. It has the power to claim all of Londorthell for itself, we must stop it before it decides to do so." The Murderer continues. "Nothing else is of importance at the current moment."
    "And you apparently have no idea how to garner allies," replied Stahl.

"What are your suggestions exactly? Extinguish this new life? Chain it to its island home? Teach it value of individuality and life? Of those choices, I know which ones you'd favor and the ones I'd prefer. Do you have any better ideas?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Justicar View Post
    "And you apparently have no idea how to garner allies," replied Stahl.

"What are your suggestions exactly? Extinguish this new life? Chain it to its island home? Teach it value of individuality and life? Of those choices, I know which ones you'd favor and the ones I'd prefer. Do you have any better ideas?"
    "I do not need allies." The Faceless god responded. "The path of the faceless god is one I must walk alone. I could never have true allies as my goal is balance." He added. As for handling the bloom, killing it would be the obvious choice. The Murderer said. "But I am open to suggestions." The Agent added.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Stahl's brow furrowed as the two gods converged on him, each spouting their grievances about the other. He held up a hand to forestall them.

"First of all, Ischkathar, I am concerned about hearing of 'tested some theories' since that sounds dangerously of 'experimenting upon.' The Saumna are living and thinking beings. They should be treated as such and not as test subjects, no matter how 'noble' the cause."
    Despite the forceful words, Stahl appeared to remain calm. "When we last met in Athrabeth, Usurper, you talked of your progenitor using mortals as tools. How is using them as toys any better?"
    "Make no mistake; there is no god here that is not clean of blood from their own hands or by actions done in their name... Ischkathar, you speak of freedom for your mortals to make their own path, yet allow tyranny and slavery reign in your lands.

"Is it not clear why three of our number are no longer with us?" Stahl asked "Wise Karu slumbers rather than deal with us. Lively Xymix has abandoned the world to flit among the stars. Quiet Yaelumi has not been seen since the horrors in the Deep Forest started. Frankly, I don't blame them. If not for my grandchildren, no, all mortals on this realm, I would leave it as well for you be bicker and fight over. However, I will not turn my back on them."

Stahl looked around the room again. "We could stand here and argue about who is more 'evil' than the other. Or we can actually start working together to make Londorthell the paradise it could be. There have been too many dead worlds created by the actions of gods; I will not let Londorthell be another such."
    "I assume you meant to say there is no god who is clean of blood from their own hands. A mere slip of the tongue I'm sure," said the Usurper.

"On some points, we will have to disagree. If I forbade myself from using dark means for good ends, I would never have been able to overthrow Makhleb. I was a mortal - a potent one, but still only a mortal; I lacked the power to do it cleanly. The world is harsh; there is rarely even a single path that leaves your hands clean.

"In the case of the Bloom's experiments, they will likely never happen again unless the Bloom faces a threat to its own existence. In part because it has satisfied their purpose - it is an intelligence quite unlike most mortals, and needed to study normal beings empirically to understand them. Primarily, because there is no longer a need so dire that I can justify nudging the Bloom towards it. The Hunters were slaves, despite being of the Free Folk. The Bloom analysed their psychology, and as the test of its theories, it counteracted their brainwashing so they might be Free Folk once more. It was successful enough, even after the Murderer's counterattack, that such extreme action will probably not be needed again.

"As for my stance on mortals. It is unfortunate to see them tyrannise one another, but to step in and separate them with divine power would only replace their old tyrant with a new one. It would not let them grow, to become independent of tyrants, to become immune to tyrants. Nudge, hint, support if need be, but their path must be their choice, their works must be their works. Mortal tyrants die on their own, allowing new rulers with new ideas to step up and change things for the better; immortal tyrants only fall when pushed. Thus I will tolerate in mortals what I would never accept in a god, because mortals are fleeting, and gods eternal.

"The Bloom has begun to learn the value of individuality already, as a direct result of its experiments. It has come to understand that unlike itself, the Saumna are each one an individual, instead of each one being a mere branch of a hive mind to be manipulated without qualms. It will soon realise on its own that this is the norm and not the exception. In any case, it is far weaker than the Butcher would have you believe, or else I would have personally cut it back."

Ischkathar hid some of the facts, though nothing it considered vital - it had already allowed itself to be known of to the Bloom, which knew of it as 'the Benefactor' and took its decrees as objectives second only to survival, this being the closest thing to worship the emotionless Bloom was capable of.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Ek'nidus made no immediate reaction to it. Akriot had created and groomed the demigod but also used him to fight against those he never wanted to face. Ek'nidus is as much a sentient Rockscale as he is a killing machine, a fact he is still not comfortable with. Even if he had influence among his kind, he is no leader. Mortals such as Indall has been leading those in Coil'Northus far better than he can with those elsewhere. With this it has left the demigod much as a wanderer in the lands of the Rockscales, still yet not willing to go down to meet the Steelscales at sea or in sea. He has a place in this world, somewhere. Its just a matter of what.

In another one of Ek'nidus' travels around the Dust Plains he ended up coming across a very surprising encounter. Ek'nidus had heard rumors within the past couple minutes of a Steel Man under the effects of incredible magic, a situation Ek'nidus had not known of before among the Steel Men. It wasn't before long that this Steel Man, clothed as a wanderer, approached the Rockscale so suddenly. Ek'nidus had nothing to immediately open discussion at first, seeing as it is the Steel Man who wanted to speak to the demigod. "What do you want from me," Ek'nidus eventually speaks, both concerned and extremely curious of this being. "I'm afraid that we've never met."
    "Indeed not," said Magus, from beneath the hood. "You would likely have remembered, if I revealed myself. Despite my best efforts, I suspect my identity is obvious, given the... propensity of my kind to castrate themselves in case they aren't ready to make love. I come seeking an answer from the one named Ek'nidus. Long ago, there was a monastery, called Snake Mountain. The monks there sought to harness and master their anger, rather than be mastered by it. Their city fell, and their warriors were killed... by his hands. Your hands, if I am not mistaken. I'd be interested to learn why."
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-08-04 at 03:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

"Enough about your pity ideals Usurper. That is not what we are here to discuss." The Faceless God interrupted, staring at the map.
    "Calling gods eternal, an interesting choice of words from a man who has the blood of one on his hands." The Murderer said. "All must die, us gods are no exception, we may live ages upon ages, but that does not make it forever."
    "The bloom is learning you claim, but what does that change." The Agent continued. "Weak? Weak enough to turn most og the Hunters against their brothers? Your creations have shed more blood than mine ever did."
    The faceless god finaly turns his head towards the Usurper. "And yet you call me a butcher. Your creations controls the minds of mortals, and you call me a tyrant." He takes a small pause. "You call me a hypocrite, yet you betray the ideals you claim to serve more than anyone."
    "Your mask of lies breaks off as you speak Usurper" The Agent concludes.
    "The bloom has exposed your true face, and it is as grim as mine." The Faceless God insults.
    "The bloom has the power to destroy Londorthell, and while you let that happen, my creations will be busy stopping it." The Agent said.
    "Let us waste no more time duscussing while the bloom grows in strength. All must die sooner or later. But the bloom must die now." The Murderer ended.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-08-04 at 04:26 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Are you always this ****ing dense?!" screamed Ischkathar. "The Hunters were slaves. You twisted them from their natural state into your slaves. A heinous crime against any species, but you did it to the Saumna. The Free Folk. FREE folk. FREE. As in, able to make their own choices. To change their minds. You took that away from them. You sentenced them to death if they dared change their mind once they aided you. You took away all their freedoms by murdering them. The Bloom could never have twisted so many minds away from their nature. It could not have controlled them. It DID not control them. It merely undid the atrocity you committed against them. It had such an easy time because it was restoring their nature, not twisting it. Making them harder to control, not easier. It would have saved the Black Company, too, restored them to sanity, had it the power, because they were your slaves, and the Bloom made them free!

"...Enough,"
    said the Usurper, turning its back completely on Althasaar. By stridently ignoring reality in favour of his own paranoid delusions, and refusing point blank any solution but his own, the Faceless God had thrown away the last shreds of respect the Usurper had held for him. Until proven otherwise, every word that spilled out of his mouth could be assumed to be exactly as empty as his false ideals. "Stahl, Sol Invictus, you have now seen with your own eyes how the Butcher contorts everything he sees to fit his own delusions. How he opposes all compromise, how he refuses any solution but his own. You'd have better luck debating a brick wall. I cannot keep my creations on a tight enough leash to meet the terms of the Accord, not without violating my stated ideals, but I will help you improve this world.

"Whatever else you do, if you want the world to be recognisable and stable before you depart, do not follow the Butcher on this one. The Bloom is life - faced with extinction, it will fight to the last to survive, to obliterate even hypothetical threats, or simply to take everything else down with it. Saumna, Steel Men, Azure, or Rockscales would do no less. There is literally no worse response to this situation than genocide, from a simple practical point of view, even if you did believe it to be too strong."
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-08-04 at 04:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Hunters aren't my slaves Usurper. They are free. You would realize that if you spent less time accusing others of hypocracy and more time staying true to your own so called ideals. You claim the Hunters are robbed of their freedom, but they are truly free. It is the code enforcers who supress the freedom." The faceless god replies. "The Hunters are a product of free will. Same goes for the bloom. What makes one better than the other?" He keeps a small pause. "Nothing." He then adds. "Other than the fact that the bloom has the power to control all of Londorthell. The Hunters were free. Their way was their nature. If the bloom could break that it could turn masques into barbarians. You are too blinded by your own false ideals to understand the gravity of the situation. The bloom must die."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #282

"ENOUGH!" bellowed Stahl. "You ask for my input on the subject, then insult for them. If you had your way, we'd be here for all eternity hashing this out and the world would be cold and dead by then.

"I propose another Accord. Instead of cooperation, this will be of compromise." Stahl turns to Althasaar. "Compromise is when you find balance between your desires and the desires others.

"Ischkathar, find a way to rein in your creation. There will be no more 'test' or 'experiments' on other races. If they want to learn, have them 'talk' and 'communicate'. If it becomes known that they trespassed on the rights or wills of other races, then the gods will prune them for you."

"However," said Stahl as he turned back towards Althasaar, "you need to loosen your grip on the Hunters. The Saumna are free people by nature. Allow them to wander and explore both the outside natures and their own personal nature. Let them find their only path without be dictated it. The blood ends here. Perhaps it is time that Nightblade left them to find their own voice and maybe learn something about leadership in the process."

"These seem like the basic items. If you have anything you'd like to add, now is the time to do so."

13. - Top - End - #283

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ladorak View Post
    Tellum laughed happily from the dusty and cold ground 'A merry game Warrior King.' Already his wounds were gone, already the fatigue has vanished. Facile Tellum does not look at all like one who had been fighting an hour or more. He looked as fresh as when he had first arrived, boundless energy that cried out for release. 'It takes a lot to sunder the metalwork of Bonum Opifex. I am very impressed.' He but touched the axe blade and it mending itself 'My every so proud nephew would be most distressed to hear of it.' He wicked enormously at Rubicon 'So then warrior king, show me your people, and tell me more of them, in particular what ails them. You have earnt yourself a boon, I think.
    Ek'nidus stands silently gasping once more as Tellum manages up, all healed and everything. Even Rockscales such as Ek'nidus do not heal injuries with such an astounding pace. He had known that the Azure had immortality but to regenerate like this was far beyond what he had assumed "immortality" meant. He hesitates once again to speak before eventually finding his voice once more. "...Of course. We'd be welcomed if you could help." Ek'nidus doubted what the Azure can do; if he had any presumption to help the Rockscales in combat then Ek'nidus can't find any reason to allow it. He didn't need someone so clumsy to think that the Rockscales could use such 'training.'

Yet this Azure, while maybe all about battle does indeed have influence among his family being a member of the Azure Pantheon; Ek'nidus assumes this at least. If that is the case then the Azure can certainly help the Rockscales in some manner. So the Warrior-King introduces Tellum and Rubicon to both cities in the Dust Planes: Snake Mountain and Kell'Nvarr. He explains their life, their time before and after Akriot's prior leave, and where the Rockscales stand now with their cities. The 'tour' ends with Ek'nidus looking out on a high cliff northward of the Dust Planes, viewing the ocean as well as various ships of metal, wood, and rock populated by Steelscales of various professions. "Few of us Rockscales have met peacefully with our steel brethren," he speaks melancholy, sitting down legs crossed on the cliff as he stares out with a solemn look. "They were shunned by most of us for replacing our bodies with metal and took to the seas. Some of them still prefer to be above sea, attacking our transports and trade ships whenever they can. No conflict ends peacefully with their corsairs; they scavenge what they can and leave the surviving sailors to starve."

Ek'nidus pauses to let out a sigh, wondering if one reason why he hasn't been much of a leader is because of his own views conflicting with the public view of his kind. "I don't think they can be reasoned with, not now anyway. And even if I could be everywhere at once I don't think I can solve these issues beyond littering the ocean with their corpses." His last sentence is spoken with venom, speaking again what he can do yet what he'd rather not do. "Of all the concerns with my kind, our steel brethren is my biggest. We lack the warriors to defend our ships, instead focus on guarding our borders." He looks to Tellum and Rubicon, feeling worn and tired after this day's events. "I don't know what you can do, but I hope it can be something more than what I can do."

"Indeed not," said Magus, from beneath the hood. "You would likely have remembered, if I revealed myself. Despite my best efforts, I suspect my identity is obvious, given the... propensity of my kind to castrate themselves in case they aren't ready to make love. I come seeking an answer from the one named Ek'nidus. Long ago, there was a monastery, called Snake Mountain. The monks there sought to harness and master their anger, rather than be mastered by it. Their city fell, and their warriors were killed... by his hands. Your hands, if I am not mistaken. I'd be interested to learn why."
    Ek'nidus almost turns his head away from the stranger as he is questioned about what happened in Snake Mountain. What a harsh time to remember, a time he wanted to forget. Now he is being questioned over it. His immediate reaction is to gulp softly and avoid making an embarrassed expression as hard as possible. He had to answer it, else fall to cowardice, but he really did not like having to answer this.

"I... can explain," he begins, hesitant as he has been for these past few events now. "I was originally created for that battle, if we were to call it that. Akriot created me to represent the best of the Rockscales' warriors, so I was supposed to be an example why the path the Monks went was wrong." Ek'nidus looks away from the Steel Man for just a moment, recalling that horrid battle... and the moment before it. "I know when I first arrived to Snake Mountain I wasn't sure of why I had to fight. I didn't know the Monks beyond being told they were heretics and that they were of my kind. I wasn't even sure if I could win; that was my first 'real' experience with battle. Part of me wanted to confront the Monks without violence, another part wanted me to simply leave, and another part told me I should be brave and fight the Monks, just not to the degree of what happened."

He shakes his head as he looks back to the Steel Man. "Then Akriot gave his divine power in me, a rage which comes out when I need it. It felt so... forced on me. I didn't know what it was at first. It absorbed into me and it drove me to fight the Monks." Ek'nidus didn't want to state the big, obvious part of the event, but eventually explains with all the distaste in the world about it. "So I killed them, slaughtered them, all under that rage Akriot gave me. All the Red Sashes that tried to defend their home were slain by me. Never had a chance. I never went after the surviving Monks; never wanted to after that." Ek'nidus closes his eyes as he tries to imagine the situation those survivors are in now. "And with the Dust Planes having become snow, I can't imagine how many are left. They might not have a home, having to last by themselves in this weather we couldn't survive in until we understood metallurgy." Ek'nidus can't imagine how much he had ruined the monks. Perhaps chasing them before and finishing them off would've been a mercy for the Monks.

Ek'nidus looks down as he folds his arms, hands covered between his body and elbows as if to hide them. "I take responsibility for killing them. Had I not been consumed by Akriot's rage or ordered to fight I... would've tried something else. But I didn't; I don't know if its because I wouldn't be allowed, I chose not to, or that I simply couldn't, but I didn't find another way around aside from murdering them as such." Ek'nidus is then silent, giving a neutral look as his eyes close awaiting for a response.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Once, the Usurper would have been baited into back-and-forth rhetoric about which faction was the most free. Once, it might have pointed out that the Code sacrificed minor freedoms to protect great freedoms, that the Code acknowledged the nature of freedom while the Hunters actively ignored it - that one person's freedom to always and in every possible way of things trampled on another person's freedom from, and that lifelong commitment on pain of death was totally incompatible with freedom.

To do so now would mean acknowledging the Butcher, and the Butcher had shown beyond all doubt that nothing could be gained by acknowledging him.

"Ischkathar, find a way to rein in your creation. There will be no more 'test' or 'experiments' on other races. If they want to learn, have them 'talk' and 'communicate'. If it becomes known that they trespassed on the rights or wills of other races, then the gods will prune them for you."
    "These seem like the basic items. If you have anything you'd like to add, now is the time to do so."
    "I maintain that hobbling the Bloom at this point seems unnecessary. It has no immediately visible reason to perform such experiments ever again. As Telepathy is its primary means of defending itself from harm, its only means of communicating its will, and indeed the thing that uplifts it from a genus of plant into a living being, I cannot simply blanket ban the use of the art, but in its tests on the Saumna it learned less disruptive ways of gathering data, ways that do not infringe on the free will of others in any way. I will impress upon it that these ways alone shall be acceptable from now on." The council did not need to know that Ischkathar was referring to mass mind reading - as far as the Usurper was concerned, its oblique statements were not only true, but not even deceptive. If nothing else, the Bloom could not communicate without learning the language of the race it wished to speak with, and it could not do that without scanning the mind of someone who knew that language.

Ek'nidus almost turns his head away from the stranger as he is questioned about what happened in Snake Mountain. What a harsh time to remember, a time he wanted to forget. Now he is being questioned over it. His immediate reaction is to gulp softly and avoid making an embarrassed expression as hard as possible. He had to answer it, else fall to cowardice, but he really did not like having to answer this.
    Ek'nidus looks down as he folds his arms, hands covered between his body and elbows as if to hide them. "I take responsibility for killing them. Had I not been consumed by Akriot's rage or ordered to fight I... would've tried something else. But I didn't; I don't know if its because I wouldn't be allowed, I chose not to, or that I simply couldn't, but I didn't find another way around aside from murdering them as such." Ek'nidus is then silent, giving a neutral look as his eyes close awaiting for a response.
    "Don't feel quite so guilty," said Magus. "The direct intervention of a deity is a difficult thing to resist - impossible for most, if the deity in question is determined. I have no doubt that, had you put up resistance, Akriot would simply have seized control of your body. Instead of the horror of knowing that divine rage had blinded you, you would have faced the horror of watching your hands do tasks you could not control."

Magus approached the great Rockscale, slowly, hands wide so he could not be drawing a weapon - a gesture of no harmful intent in most societies, even if it was a meaningless one for him, as he had no need for weapons that could be found. "You have answered my question, I am willing to answer yours."

~~~

Benefactor: decree: repeat of Saumna experiments: unacceptable. Henceforth: observe from distance: test theories through dialogue not control.
    Benefactor: information: individuality of branches: norm. Bloom: exception.
    Error: biological experimentation: required; node hypotheses: unverifiable with watching alone.
    Compromise: seek willing subjects: truly willing, not manipulated. Addendum: stick: forbidden; carrot: acceptable.
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-08-05 at 12:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

SwashbucklerGuy

"Don't feel quite so guilty," said Magus. "The direct intervention of a deity is a difficult thing to resist - impossible for most, if the deity in question is determined. I have no doubt that, had you put up resistance, Akriot would simply have seized control of your body. Instead of the horror of knowing that divine rage had blinded you, you would have faced the horror of watching your hands do tasks you could not control."

Magus approached the great Rockscale, slowly, hands wide so he could not be drawing a weapon - a gesture of no harmful intent in most societies, even if it was a meaningless one for him, as he had no need for weapons that could be found. "You have answered my question, I am willing to answer yours."
    Ek'nidus is comforted, if only a little, at the Steel Man's response. Who or whatever this person seems to have an understanding of how the gods work. It had a point; Akriot would have personally controlled Ek'nidus should he deny and disobey the divine rage granted to him. He didn't like that truth, knowing he'd damn the Monks either way, but it is an unfortunate fact.

When told to ask his question, Ek'nidus looks up and keeps a neutral, curious look. "Then I hope you may not mind that I make it a personal question, for you confuse me in a way." Akriot kept his arms folded, showing he wouldn't be reaching for his spear anytime soon. If this Steel Man will not show the need to draw a weapon, then neither will Ek'nidus. "Answer how you wish, so long as you are truthful, but who are you, and more importantly why do you have an interest in me and what happened with the Monks?"

---

At the Cavern Isles, the Rockscales originally backed off by the strange notice they received from the creature. With the Nezumi on the rise to defend themselves the Rockscales could not risk sending a force to explore a possible danger while leaving their settlement at a possible risk of being invaded. Over time however they came to remember what bravery had meant: exploring the unknown and facing the challenges ahead. Akriot's return also helped invite fear into the Rockscales, making them realize why they should remember to be brave under the watchful eyes of the bronze sun.

So brave then were two Rockscale colonists, partners Dia'fian and Telu'fian, gathered what supplies they had, light rock armor for protection, and steel shortswords to defend themselves with as they decide to head down further south. In such a small group, the two chose their battles carefully, preferring to avoid the wildlife and instead use their speed and stamina to hurry past any possible threats. Though their discussion was minimal, Dia'fian kept track of all unknown, unrecorded things the two see with such an energetic interest. "Fascinating, a degenerated Fimvur," she mentions, commenting on one of the Parasite Hosts from a distance with her wily yet coarse voice. "This must be a disease. We'll need to experiment on one of these later and send the reports to Indall." Dia'fian's partner, Telu'fian, simply stays silent compared to his partner. He instead prefers being silent, cautious of where they are exploring.

It is later then that, warnings aside, they reach the crater of the Southerfire Volcano. Among what they figured was a boiling, comfortable place of fire and brimstone instead lay the exact opposite. A growth of plants, flowers, grasses, and other fertile things the two had expected from the Infested Lands. It is a beautiful sight to the two, one which Dia'fian almost dove to study had she not been stopped by her partner. "Wait please," he quietly stated, polite despite his stern look. "I came along for resource acquisition, did I not? Please at least let me do my work first for a change." Dia'fian simply gives a quiet nod and hesitant groan as her partner tightens his metal-hardened gloves before he begins to near this array of growth.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2014-08-05 at 01:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

"I maintain that hobbling the Bloom at this point seems unnecessary. It has no immediately visible reason to perform such experiments ever again. As Telepathy is its primary means of defending itself from harm, its only means of communicating its will, and indeed the thing that uplifts it from a genus of plant into a living being, I cannot simply blanket ban the use of the art, but in its tests on the Saumna it learned less disruptive ways of gathering data, ways that do not infringe on the free will of others in any way. I will impress upon it that these ways alone shall be acceptable from now on." The council did not need to know that Ischkathar was referring to mass mind reading - as far as the Usurper was concerned, its oblique statements were not only true, but not even deceptive. If nothing else, the Bloom could not communicate without learning the language of the race it wished to speak with, and it could not do that without scanning the mind of someone who knew that language.
    "I do not ask you to hobble them, merely let them know reason. If they are as friendly as you claim and not conquering as Althasaar says, then I look forward to what they may become and will welcome them into the fraternity of races that exists. If not, then Althasaar has our support in his actions."

Stahl turned to Althasaar, hoping to appeal to his aspect of the Agent. "Ischkathar has accepted the terms of the Accord. He will communicate to the Bloom on concept of respect towards other races. Do you accept the terms of Accord for the Hunters?" he asked.
    Last edited by Justicar; 2014-08-05 at 03:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ek'nidus is comforted, if only a little, at the Steel Man's response. Who or whatever this person seems to have an understanding of how the gods work. It had a point; Akriot would have personally controlled Ek'nidus should he deny and disobey the divine rage granted to him. He didn't like that truth, knowing he'd damn the Monks either way, but it is an unfortunate fact.

When told to ask his question, Ek'nidus looks up and keeps a neutral, curious look. "Then I hope you may not mind that I make it a personal question, for you confuse me in a way." Akriot kept his arms folded, showing he wouldn't be reaching for his spear anytime soon. If this Steel Man will not show the need to draw a weapon, then neither will Ek'nidus. "Answer how you wish, so long as you are truthful, but who are you, and more importantly why do you have an interest in me and what happened with the Monks?"
    "To answer your second question - the Red Viper were originally my project, and my instructor wished to know who ultimately brought them low. To answer your first, I am the maker of the Nezumi, the teacher of the Saumna, the founder of the Enlightened, the labourer who wanted more. Magus."

It is later then that, warnings aside, they reach the crater of the Southerfire Volcano. Among what they figured was a boiling, comfortable place of fire and brimstone instead lay the exact opposite. A growth of plants, flowers, grasses, and other fertile things the two had expected from the Infested Lands. It is a beautiful sight to the two, one which Dia'fian almost dove to study had she not been stopped by her partner. "Wait please," he quietly stated, polite despite his stern look. "I came along for resource acquisition, did I not? Please at least let me do my work first for a change." Dia'fian simply gives a quiet nod and hesitant groan as her partner tightens his metal-hardened gloves before he begins to near this array of growth.
    The magma dome of the Southern Volcano was indeed covered entirely in a Bloom Core, the largest in fact. Since it was harvesting as much heat as possible, this had the unintended side effect of preventing convection in the chamber, making it much safer for more conventional life forms.

Initially, the Bloom had ignored the Rockscale explorers, even once they had infiltrated to the parts of Bloom territory where the Parasite Nodes walked openly. After all, to assault a simple pair of intruders would simply bring suspicion, either once their corpses were found, or - worse - if they survived and made it home. Even as they climbed the slopes of the Volcano, the two Rockscales had been spared, but now they stood within Southern Core itself, and were dangerously close to disrupting the Bloom's internal processing.

It transmitted a message directly into their very thoughts, in a deep booming voice they would surely not mistake for their own actual thoughts - it would take time for a proper communications parrot to arrive, to allow the Bloom to speak in the manner of Saumnoids.

"Dia'fian... Telu'fian... You tread on sacred ground. Do not think to 'gather' the resources which belong to us."

As if to punctuate the statement, winged insects, akin to the most exaggerated pictures of wasps, began to crawl out of a hedge growing out of the crater wall - for they were part of the assembled resources designated as Southern Core Defenders, and could justifiably be sacrificed to keep the Core safe.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

"Your accord is useless. The Usurper has already shown he won't follow the ideals he claims to believe in." The Faceless God replied. "You keep speaking of Althasaar, but there is no Althasaar here, only the Faceless god. Because unlike you, Althasaar had the strength to do what was necessary."
    He Lifted his blade before him and looked at it. "And so must I." The murderer turns his blade downwards in his hand.
    "It is clear to me what must be done." The Agent said. "I must do what is necessary." The Faceless god thrusted the blade into the middle of his chest. "I must restore the balance." He said showing no reaction to the blade in his chest.
    A shadowy figure leapt out of the wound, grabbing the blade in the process. It looked like the Faceless God, but acted differently. It planted a hand on the table, next to Sol Invictus, and raised it's blade. It viciously exhaled an ice cold breath into the face of the Azure, but did not seem to inhale.
    Another identical figure leapt from the wound and wrapped it's arm around the neck of the first. Easy boy. He said and threw the first figure down on the ground. "I'm sorry, he is a bit.. simple." He said and stretched his arm towards Sol Invictus to greet him. "The Agent. Pleasure to meet you."
    In his seat sat the remains of the Faceless God. He had a gaping wound in his chest, from where the two figures had sprung. He was shaking furiously and breathed heavily like a dying old man clinging to life.
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-08-05 at 08:07 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

"Your accord is useless. The Usurper has already shown he won't follow the ideals he claims to believe in." The Faceless God replied. "You keep speaking of Althasaar, but there is no Althasaar here, only the Faceless god. Because unlike you, Althasaar had the strength to do what was necessary."
    He Lifted his blade before him and looked at it. "And so must I." The murderer turns his blade downwards in his hand.
    "It is clear to me what must be done." The Agent said. "I must do what is necessary." He thrusted the blade into the middle of his chest. "I must restore the balance." He said showing no reaction to the blade in his chest.
    A shadowy figure leapt out of the wound, grabbing the blade in the process. It looked like the Faceless God, but acted differently. It planted a hand on the table, next to Sol Invictus, and raised it's blade. It exhaled an ice cold breath into the face of the Azure, but did not seem to inhale.
    Another identical figure leapt from the wound and wrapped it's arm around the neck of the first. Easy boy. He said and threw the first figure down on the ground. "I'm sorry, he is a bit.. simple." He said and stretched his arm towards Sol Invictus to greet him. "The Agent. Pleasure to meet you."
    In his seat sat the remains of the Faceless God. He had a gaping wound in his chest, from where the two figures had sprung. He was shaking furiously and breathed heavily like a dying old man clinging to life.
    "...Well, this is new," Ischkathar acknowledged, turning to look at the Agent with the same deliberation it had just a moment ago used to turn its back on the Faceless God. The Agent was clearly not the same being, or at best was in such a divergent mood that he might act differently to the mad god from whom he had sprung; therefore, the Agent was worth engaging until proven otherwise. "I don't know how much you remember, but the body from which you just sprang was faced with a conundrum - a collective intelligence, called the Bloom, with powers to affect the mind to a limited degree. He feared that the Bloom would attempt to spread and conquer the world, because it had been able to cause a heretic sect of Saumna to turn back on a madman's imposed dogma in favour of more normal behaviour, and was therefore powerful enough to twist any mind into any direction. Even from the point of view of his position, his suggestion was rash - by forcing the Bloom to choose between victory or death, he would have forced it to spread everywhere and destroy every threat, the very situation he thought to prevent. I... think that's a fair summary."
    Last edited by Omegonthesane; 2014-08-05 at 08:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290

With the constant threat of burrow-wolves being curtailed, the Iron People began to expand outside the Stahl Mountains and into the Fertile Fields. There was plenty of food and crops to allow them to survive. However, there wasn’t as much metal as they were used to.

At first, they relied upon hunted geweisen like their ancestors or trade with Iron People trading posts in the Stahl Mountains. With those resources, they founded Hafenstadt on the coast. The Iron People prospered there for many years.

After a while, this was not enough. It was determined that the Black Lands might have more resources. But the land there was too inhospitable to any miners. The spillover into the ocean, on the other hand, was cooled enough to allow the harvesting of the resources.

Iron People, much like their ancestors the Steel Men, weren’t used to deep waters. The Enlightened were the exception and even they didn’t venture too far from Seaport. The harvesters of Hafenstadt hugged the coast with their biremes and triremes and reaped the precious minerals from the waters.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn 17 points: 11
    4 points: Command Race to Found City (Hafenstadt) in J10
    4 points: Command Race to Settle Territory in I10
    Remaining points: 3

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

"...Well, this is new," Ischkathar acknowledged, turning to look at the Agent with the same deliberation it had just a moment ago used to turn its back on the Faceless God. The Agent was clearly not the same being, or at best was in such a divergent mood that he might act differently to the mad god from whom he had sprung; therefore, the Agent was worth engaging until proven otherwise. "I don't know how much you remember, but the body from which you just sprang was faced with a conundrum - a collective intelligence, called the Bloom, with powers to affect the mind to a limited degree. He feared that the Bloom would attempt to spread and conquer the world, because it had been able to cause a heretic sect of Saumna to turn back on a madman's imposed dogma in favour of more normal behaviour, and was therefore powerful enough to twist any mind into any direction. Even from the point of view of his position, his suggestion was rash - by forcing the Bloom to choose between victory or death, he would have forced it to spread everywhere and destroy every threat, the very situation he thought to prevent. I... think that's a fair summary."
    "To your misfortune Usurper I remember everything." The Agent replied. "But I thank you for being so kind as to provide me with this very.. objective, summary."
    The first figure stands up. "Easy boy." The Agent says and gently pushes him on the chest. Despite the little force the first figure sits down again.

---

Greenbirch, captain of the Ironbark Guardians Loyal Company senses that something fishy is going on. Rainbow company? They couldn't possibly be loyal to Nightblade. White company is also probably traitors. The only solution was to infiltrate them and find out what happened. The infiltrators reeducated the officers of their true ways and it quickly spread through the ranks. Ironbark Guardians White Company was now loyal to Nightblade.

---

At Xymix's peak the royalists make progress. To better use the gold of the mountain they create The Royal Mines of King's Seat. They constructed the mines so that they could carve out huge amounts of gold without risking for the mountain to crumble.

---

The Whisperer traveled with most of The Black Claws to the main land. Here they created the City of Knives on the steel line. The city was sorounded by a large steel wall decorated with plenty of blades to make it harder for attackers to breach the walls. They raise the army of Tomorrow's Blades to defend the city.

Spoiler
    Show
    29 pts
    5 pts Create demigod: (Boy?) (Fenrir type)
    2 pts Command city (Ironbark): Subvert army (Ironbark Guardian White Company) 2d6+2-2d6+2 -6
    1 pts Command Avatar (Nightblade) Command city (Ironbark): Subvert army (Ironbark Guardian White Company) 2d6+2-2d6+2 1
    2 pts Command City (King's Seat): Create structure (The Royal Mines of King's Seat)
    1 pts Command avatar (The Whisperer) command race (Nezumi): Create city (City of Knives) in H5
    2 pts Commanc city (City of Knives): Create army: (Tomorrow's Blades)
    0 pts Command army (Tomorrow's Blades): defend City of Knives

16 pts
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-08-05 at 07:27 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #292

"To your misfortune Usurper I remember everything." The Agent replied. "But I thank you for being so kind as to provide me with this very.. objective, summary."
    The first figure stands up. "Easy boy." The Agent says and gently pushes him on the chest. Despite the little force the first figure sits down again.
    "Then, if you remember all of the same things as your, um, other," said Stahl with a wave towards the gasping Faceless God, "what is your take on the Accord? If Ischkathar agrees to limit the Bloom from further manipulation and expansion, then are you will be curb some of the excesses of the Hunters?"

"Please, let there be peace within the Deep Forest again if only for a short while. If not for myself or Ischkathar, then for your departed sister of the shadows, Yaelumi," he implored.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then, if you remember all of the same things as your, um, other," said Stahl with a wave towards the gasping Faceless God, "what is your take on the Accord? If Ischkathar agrees to limit the Bloom from further manipulation and expansion, then are you will be curb some of the excesses of the Hunters?"

"Please, let there be peace within the Deep Forest again if only for a short while. If not for myself or Ischkathar, then for your departed sister of the shadows, Yaelumi," he implored.
    "The Hunters were a mistake, unbalanced because my former host listened a bit too much to The Murderer, and a bit too little to me." He replied. "Unlike him I greet this accord. But I don't think either force can be controlled. The Faceless god killed himself so we could do what was necessary." He pointed at himself and The Murderer. "I cannot deny him of his deathwish. It pains me to say Forge Father, but unfortunately I cannot accept your offer."
    Last edited by Ninjaman; 2014-08-06 at 06:10 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #294

"The Hunters were a mistake, unbalanced because my former host listened a bit too much to The Murderer, and a bit too little to me." He replied. "Unlike him I greet this accord. But I don't think either force can be controlled. The Faceless god killed himself so we could do what was necessary." He pointed at himself and The Murderer. "I cannot deny him of his deathwish. It pains me to say Forge Father, but unfortunately I cannot accept your offer."
    The disappointment was visible on Stahl's face. "Then the Second Accord has been as successful as the first..."

"However, I shall continue to honor both Accords as has been agreed," Stahl proclaimed. "If any should harm the creations of the Azure, I shall defend them to the best of my abilities. And, as long as the Bloom does not encroach on the liberties of the other races, it shall have my divine protection against the other gods. But if it should develop expansionistic views and enslave any race with its powers, I shall do all in my power to end it.

"Its fate is in the hands of the mortals now..."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

The disappointment was visible on Stahl's face. "Then the Second Accord has been as successful as the first..."

"However, I shall continue to honor both Accords as has been agreed," Stahl proclaimed. "If any should harm the creations of the Azure, I shall defend them to the best of my abilities. And, as long as the Bloom does not encroach on the liberties of the other races, it shall have my divine protection against the other gods. But if it should develop expansionistic views and enslave any race with its powers, I shall do all in my power to end it.

"Its fate is in the hands of the mortals now..."
    "Your craving for peace is fascinating Forge Father." The Agent replied. "But I fear that your will to prevent war may very well start it instead." He looks around at the gods. "The bloom must be destroyed. The fate of Londorthell depends on it. I would strongly advice against this accord, as it will only split Londorthell further appart." He looks back at the Forge Farther. "I will send The Murderer to the bloom. Noone else needs to die. You need not throw anyone else into this war. The Murderer and the bloom will fight; alone. This war need not involve anyone else."
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #296

"Your craving for peace is fascinating Forge Father." The Agent replied. "But I fear that your will to prevent war may very well start it instead." He looks around at the gods. "The bloom must be destroyed. The fate of Londorthell depends on it. I would strongly advice against this accord, as it will only split Londorthell further appart." He looks back at the Forge Farther. "I will send The Murderer to the bloom. Noone else needs to die. You need not throw anyone else into this war. The Murderer and the bloom will fight; alone. This war need not involve anyone else."
    "And your belief is eternal conflict and calling it 'Balance' is fascinating in it's morbid manner as well," Stahl replied.

Stahl noticed that the body the two new beings had erupted from was still living. He hurries to its side. "Are you well? Do you need assistance?"

27. - Top - End - #297

SwashbucklerGuy

As time had gone by, Ruk'te'riot began to adapt to Londorthell. Though quiet at this time, its time was taken to simply get used to the mortal world rather than immediately fulfill Akriot's goals which had not yet been in need of enforcing. The gift the daemon received by Akriot ended up doing more than simply giving it a mortal connection to the world. Over time the daemon began to subconsciously learn and understand the world. It started as a simple development of memories and desires of those from the Dust Planes flowing into Ruk'te'riot. Over time this development expanded as the daemon found himself able to shape such desires or ideas in a way according to the person or to Akriot's agenda. This newfound ability tethered to the daemon's form like a soul, protected by his physical shell. Now when Akriot calls for his will to be enforced, Ruk'te'riot will answer in every possible way it can.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    12 points to spend.

Create Avatar: Ruk'te'riot. The divine spart Akriot gave this daemon had eventually bloomed the link between Ruk'te'riot and Londorthell to allow the daemon to directly influence the world in some form. This incredible power is always protected by the mortal shell Akriot "created" for him. (-12)

As such, Akriot's Gift (the Cherubim demigod) will always be protecting Ruk'te'riot the avatar.

Also I'll get to Omeg's responses soon. Just wanted to get out my short post now.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

"And your belief is eternal conflict and calling it 'Balance' is fascinating in it's morbid manner as well," Stahl replied.

Stahl noticed that the body the two new beings had erupted from was still living. He hurries to its side. "Are you well? Do you need assistance?"
    "He needs assistance. But not from us." He walks over to the body and stands beside the Forge Father. "His life among the gods has ended. He must find his own way if he is ever to find peace. And he deserves that. More than anyone." The Agent's voice had a hint of sadness and regret.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #299

SwashbucklerGuy

"To answer your second question - the Red Viper were originally my project, and my instructor wished to know who ultimately brought them low. To answer your first, I am the maker of the Nezumi, the teacher of the Saumna, the founder of the Enlightened, the labourer who wanted more. Magus."
    "You... what?" Ek'nidus found himself confused as to what Magus had just explained. It made sense to some degree but it is the Steel Man's use of words that surprised the Rockscale: "project," "founder," "labourer." All those were words Ek'nidus would never have thought to be used to describe the monks or a person. "Why do you say 'project?'" Ek'nidus recalled the original story of how the Monks were created, which may actually be inaccurate but almost rang well with what Magus had stated. "Me and the Rockscales had believed that the Monks were created by something taking them away and forcing on them new knowledge that we deemed heretical, at least at that time." Ek'nidus keeps himself from speaking with a confrontational tongue; if Magus had wanted revenge for the Monks he would have probably already tried killing Ek'nidus. He may as well grant the same respect, though he still does want answers. "Was that actually true? I don't understand what you'd get out of..." He holds his tongue, wanting to say "experimentation" but avoids making an immediate accusation.

It transmitted a message directly into their very thoughts, in a deep booming voice they would surely not mistake for their own actual thoughts - it would take time for a proper communications parrot to arrive, to allow the Bloom to speak in the manner of Saumnoids.

"Dia'fian... Telu'fian... You tread on sacred ground. Do not think to 'gather' the resources which belong to us."

As if to punctuate the statement, winged insects, akin to the most exaggerated pictures of wasps, began to crawl out of a hedge growing out of the crater wall - for they were part of the assembled resources designated as Southern Core Defenders, and could justifiably be sacrificed to keep the Core safe.
    Telu'fian immediately halts when he and his partner hear the words of... something suddenly enter their minds. Neither expected something to speak here, much less enter their minds like that. It is when the insects come, great and hideous abominations crawl out that both Rockscales move away from the growth, drawing shortswords to defend themselves with. "Dear Akriot," Telu'fian began, speaking so coarsely surprised as he grimaces angrily at the swarm. "This place must be alive, like our great creator!" Telu'fian's immediate observation may not be entirely accurate but as Rockscales it is the most immediate idea he can think of. The Great Canyon can influence or command its creations as Akriot wills; what is to say this thing cannot do the same? While the idea of fleeing crosses Telu'fian's mind crosses his mind, he instead holds his ground as fleeing a situation that can be turned to his advantage would be cowardice.

This is backed up by Dia'fian being a little more interested rather than concerned. Though her weapon is gripped tightly in her left hand and out of it's sheath she presents no immediate aggression towards the host of wasps and grass. Instead she attempt to speak out to the voice. "Wait, wait! We're didn't know someone else lived here. Who, uh, what are you exactly?" Telu'fian simply gives a brow-raised look to his partner, rudely whispering to her in response. "Its a damned volcano, what else could it be? We didn't hear that voice from anywhere but our minds."

30. - Top - End - #300

"He needs assistance. But not from us." He walks over to the body and stands beside the Forge Father. "His life among the gods has ended. He must find his own way if he is ever to find peace. And he deserves that. More than anyone." The Agent's voice had a hint of sadness and regret.
    "And you're just going to let him die? Stahl asked. "Who is he? Does this have anything to do with why 'you' always object when someone calls you 'Althasaar'?"