New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 18 - Where Everybody Knows Your Name

[Secret Chamber]
    Eo is silent for a time. She stares, her face blank...
    I know that you gave me the opportunity to be fulfilled in life. I know I have a long way to go toward repaying that.
    I know you are cold, and if I am able to warm you a little, I will brave the risk of frostbite.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Moving Celica Scene to GLoF
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Manor - Secret Chamber]

"The gesture is appreciated, but I can't feel that anyway. I'd prefer that you don't hurt yourself on my behalf."

Clarissa - or rather Clarissa's feather - softly remarks as she steps out of the shadows toward the back of the room.

"You're one of the few who truly care for me. I... It's difficult..."

"What do you desire most from me? What is something that you wish for more than anything else in this mad world in which we live?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-06 at 06:48 PM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

"The gesture is appreciated, but I can't feel that anyway. I'd prefer that you don't hurt yourself on my behalf."

Clarissa - or rather Clarissa's feather - softly remarks as she steps out of the shadows toward the back of the room.

"You're one of the few who truly care for me. I... It's difficult..."

"What do you desire most from me? What is something that you wish for more than anything else in this mad world in which we live?"
    Eo stares for a while, impassive and strangely empty.
    I do not know. I suppose that is my problem, not knowing what I want. For now, I want to stay with you, where I know I may find my desire. You are the first person about whom I have actually... felt, though on this account I am also unsure what it is I feel. She smiles mildly, stepping close, cheeks tinted with an orange blush.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

"To be honest, even I don't know what to make of my history when I look back upon it. It was so long ago, and I've changed so much."

Clarissa attempts to warmly embrace Eo as she steps close to her. She fears that Eo may be a tad too cold than is healthy. It has been quite a long time since she has genuinely worried about someone else.

Clarissa does not blush, but there is a gentleness about her which few have ever seen before. She has let her guard down.

"So..."

"Is it me that you desire?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Secret Chamber]
    Eo looks up at her, blinking once with those orange eyes.
    I do not know. I understand very little about my wish to be near you, and of most interpersonal feelings in general. Romantic, platonic, sheer admiration... perhaps I hold strong antipathy for you and simply have not yet understood it. She smiles weakly, letting out a breathy little laugh at... the closest she's ever gotten to a joke. Apparently Clarissa brings out something in her.
    I think it would be safest to say that I wish to remain in your presence, as I believe that will allow me to eventually discover what it is I truly wish for, as well as the nature of my feelings towards you. She certainly hasn't missed Clarissa's implications, the thought that Eo might lust for her. Despite not having definitively felt such things herself, she is no stranger to it in others, given her previous employment as more-or-less an eye-candy waitress at a divey sort of lesbian bar.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

"So be it."

Clarissa declares while attempting to guide Eo to warmer climes - namely to the hallway outside of the secret room.

"If ever you change your mind, you know where to find me and other me."

Clarissa genially smiles at Eo. When Eo does finally deduce what it is she longs, whether it be wealth, hugs, or freezing her as solid as her other self, she'll be there.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Manor]

"So be it."

Clarissa declares while attempting to guide Eo to warmer climes - namely to the hallway outside of the secret room.

"If ever you change your mind, you know where to find me and other me."

Clarissa genially smiles at Eo. When Eo does finally deduce what it is she longs, whether it be wealth, hugs, or freezing her as solid as her other self, she'll be there.
    Eo looks up at the woman as they walk.
    Please pause for a moment; there is something I wish to try.
    She places her hands upon Clarissa's shoulders, and leans up to---
    I said leans up, getting on her little tippity-toes, to---
    Apparently, Eo's "up" isn't "up" enough for her plans. She frowns mildly.
    If you would bend down slightly, or provide a small stepstool, I would be most grateful.
    Unless you would happen to have extra-tall platform shoes in my size.
    Another joke! I think!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Manor]

That is sooooooo cute and heartwarming! In fact, those are squee-worthy levels of cute and heartwarming!

Squeeee!

Adorable Eo is adorable!

Giggling like a young teen with a crush being asked out on a date by her crushee, Clarissa wordlessly attempts to teach Eo where to place her hands so that she can sweep taller people off of their feet while kissing them. She'll then attempt to lower herself into position once Eo appears to be ready on her end.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Manor]
    Eo gets into position, double-checks that she's doing it right, and lightly kisses her cheek.
    ... Is this correct procedure? I will admit to having no idea as to what I am doing, or the results of doing such things correctly.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

Even the monstrous Clarissa can't help but smile playfully at the innocent Eo! She's just so precious! Eeee!

"You've almost got it right. Here, just follow my lead."

Clarissa will amorously attempt to gently guide Eo into a long and torrid kiss.
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2014-07-06 at 09:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

Even the monstrous Clarissa can't help but smile playfully at the innocent Eo! She's just so precious! Eeee!

"You've almost got it right. Here, just follow my lead."

Clarissa will amorously attempt to gently guide Eo into a long and torrid kiss.
    After the kiss-coaster has settled, Eo blinks a few times, looking... sort of confused.

... I am not sure kissing is quite my thing. I hope you do not take this as some failing on your part.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

That's...bad? Clarissa can't quite tell what Eo thought of that experience. Eo can be very strange sometimes!

"Why not? How did it make you feel?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

That's...bad? Clarissa can't quite tell what Eo thought of that experience. Eo can be very strange sometimes!

"Why not? How did it make you feel?"
    Eo blinks. It did not change how I feel. This is better than the other time I have kissed, when it was a customer at the bar I worked at. That made me feel somewhat unpleasant. This simply... did not make me feel differently. She smiles slightly. However, that is to say that it did not change the feeling I already have from being around you.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

"Hmm..."

And here Clarissa could have sworn that that was an incredible kiss! Grr! This isn't over yet, Eo's emotions! Mark Clarissa's noiseless words, this isn't over!

"As long as you don't feel antipathy, I suppose."

Clarissa half-heartedly quips, wondering what she did wrong or if she even did anything wrong to begin with. This is actually unusually puzzling!

"Um..."

"Anyway, have you ever been hunting before? Like, would you be interested in hunting animals with me?"

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

"Hmm..."

And here Clarissa could have sworn that that was an incredible kiss! Grr! This isn't over yet, Eo's emotions! Mark Clarissa's noiseless words, this isn't over!

"As long as you don't feel antipathy, I suppose."

Clarissa half-heartedly quips, wondering what she did wrong or if she even did anything wrong to begin with. This is actually unusually puzzling!

"Um..."

"Anyway, have you ever been hunting before? Like, would you be interested in hunting animals with me?"
    She shakes her head. I have never tried hunting. I would like to try with you, though, whenever you wish.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

"How about tomorrow after lunch?"

The absent-minded Clarissa asks after a short pause. She'll need to teach Eo how to hunt small critters before she takes her to the Hunting Grounds. Now, bow or rifle or - gods, she can't stop thinking about that kiss! What did she do wrong? Did she do anything wrong! Agh! She can't mentally process this! Malfunction! Malfunction! Distracting headache engaged!

"Is that a good time for you?"

If so, I'll post in Outside for Eo's First Hunting Trip tomorrow as I require sleep soon!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]

"How about tomorrow after lunch?"

The absent-minded Clarissa asks after a short pause. She'll need to teach Eo how to hunt small critters before she takes her to the Hunting Grounds. Now, bow or rifle or - gods, she can't stop thinking about that kiss! What did she do wrong? Did she do anything wrong! Agh! She can't mentally process this! Malfunction! Malfunction! Distracting headache engaged!

"Is that a good time for you?"

If so, I'll post in Outside for Eo's First Hunting Trip tomorrow as I require sleep soon!
    Eo nods, smiling softly. Yes, that will be a good time. Given that she lives here and has nothing else to do but practice what she's taught...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Pepper Oni's

Jace waves her off. "Relax, it's not like my magic specialties are something you wouldn't find out anyway. So yes, yes I can; evocation is something I specialize in along with making things and such." he says pleasantly to both of them.
    Pepper Oni's

As Jace speaks Heather clambers over Veronica to dig through the bag, pulling out the wand she was given and frowning at it in concentration. "What kinda magic is this then? Evolations too?" She asks in curiosity as her elder sister chuckles.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Jace chuckles and takes a bite of his pizza, forwarding the question to Zebes.
    "It's a pretty simple spell, but at its core yes, it's evocation. Not as dangerous as a fireball but probably nicer. And it'll stay prettier for longer, too." says the dragon without pause.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-07-07 at 11:45 AM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Heather takes a deep breath and closes, once more trying to concentrate on the wand, but instead of doing it so hard, she tries to relax. When a tiny spark of red light the color of her feathers flashes from it, she opens her eyes with a gasp. "I did it!"

Veronica grins as well before leaning over to hug her. "Yes you did." She says with a warm smile. "What other kinds of magic are there? At least that you work with."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Jace smiles at Heather and gives her a little golf-clap.
    "Well done, Heather. I wasn't sure if you'd get it so fast.
    Generally the schools of magic mortal arcanists can use are separated into Evocation, which you've seen; enchantment, which is a bit hard to describe; illusion, self explanatory; abjuration, which is defensive and supporting spells usually; conjuration, which is calling things or beings into our plane; divination, usually finding information; transmutation, which is altering things; and necromancy, which is not to be touched save perhaps in offense against undead."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    The Hidden Manor

By the time that starts filtering through the bond Tep's ears twitch and he grumbles something as he slows down a bit for Romeo, not really annoyed really.
    They'll likely be doing little else for the next few hours, though. The library is huge, and Tep has a long attention span.
    The Hidden Manor:

Tep's slowing down is wordlessly appreciated. One last stumbling block in the way is simply Romeo's endurance. It has been a long day, and Romeo is far from as tireless as Tep is. The sheer scope of the library will mean that this will go on for hours. Unlike when he was feeling overwhelmed, Tep doesn't get much through the link when he gets tired when he's out of sight there's a the continuing feeling of Romeo soldiering on, a small pang of guilt, a moment of elation, and silence for the first time since he was familiarized.

Tep can still follow their link to find Romeo passed out, head resting on his arms on the table.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

The Hidden Manor

Tep lets him pass out with a chuckle. Stupid of him for thinking a mortal could keep up with his stamina, and stupid of Romeo for trying. Ah well, it's already been proven that they're all idiots.
    If a blanket makes itself known he'll toss it over Romeo's shoulders, and he'll let the Master take him to his room if he decides. Tep will just keep going without him, cheerily working his new job, the steady thump of books being put into (temporary) place the only thing from Tep that might wake Romeo for the next few hours...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

"Is there magic that could land me a better job? Preferably something safer and less humiliating?"
    Veronica asks with a small smile, only partly joking. "I love my job, but sometimes it requires sacrifices that should never be necessary." She admits before taking a sip of her drink through a straw. "Starting next week I have to put on a bikini and do several pieces on beach conditions." She says as her brothers make "ew" sounds, causing her to roll her eyes. "I mean, I don't mind wearing one, but being told to do so by your boss just to make ratings go up? I understand it's showbiz and all, but really, there ought to be standards. Besides, what would I ever do if my lovely pale skin turned bright red?" She bemoans, gesturing at herself.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Jace chuckles at her joke. "Well, I could fix you up a spell for the sun at least. It's just a heat shield with more duration and less strength. But well, most occupations that would benefit from your ability to fly still require flying around a lot, and the city isn't necessarily any safer than your average rain-storm. But on the other scale, have you ever tried going into acting or such? I'm afraid the only job experience I know you have is in those fields. And I think I could probably add some flare to an audition, I don't know if there's a magic augury job-bulletin I've never heard of before."
    He doesn't comment about the bikini. There are just some holes you oughtn't dig yourself into.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Jace will see Veronica give him a small knowing smile. "Nice dodge." She whispers loud enough for him to hear before leaning back in her seat, propping a wing behind her brothers to relax a bit. "I'm good with people, but terrible at acting. I've tried auditioning for a few things but it never goes well. Besides, most costumes and roles aren't meant for people without, you know, hands." She says meaningfully, using her loose wing as an example and wiggling the two fingers that are there at the bend. "As for the sun, I don't really mind it." She admits with a small shrug. "A cool bath and the burn goes right away overnight for me. The issue comes with the tanlines. As often as I am in front of the camera, I'm not supposed to have them. To quote the make-up staff I'm supposed to be 'consistent', whatever the hell that means."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Jace shrugs. "I haven't a clue what that would mean, either. I'm afraid that this is one subject I'm completely lousy at giving advice for. I had plenty of jobs as a kid, but none of those stuck, and I really haven't the foggiest idea of how most businesses go in this city, or what kind of market goes around, save perhaps, 'all of them.'" Jace says with a bit of an embarrassed look. He dislikes being useless.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Pepper Oni's

Veronica frowns in thought and tilts her pretty head to one side for a bit. "Maybe I could get into sports casting. I don't know anything about sports but I'm sure I could learn enough to get by." She says with a shrug. "Did you ever have a dream job? I always wanted to be an astronaut. I love flying but always wondered what it'd be like to simply float around in the stars for hours on end." The Harpy admits with a sigh, looking up at nothing in particular with a far away look in her eyes. After a bit she shakes her head and goes in for a sip of her drink.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Hadlin's House

"Uh... no. Is it somehow related to realital travel? Because that's what went wrong to put me here."the woman looks around a bit. "I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something, but this is a first for me."

Kate's Mindscape

Kate moves over and wraps Eric in a hug if he lets her. "Thank you."

Trick's Home

"I think we're done!"

"Yeah!"

It might be worth noting they forgot shoes. Or underwear of any sort.
    [Hadlin's House]

"I'm a summoner with an active summoning circle in the basement,"
    Hadlin says, "It's possible you got caught in it."

[Kate's Mindscape]

"Of course," he says, hugging back, "Everything we can do to help, we will."

[Trick's Home]

Trick looks herself over for a moment, feeling all the various differences in her body for a long moment as she processes the changes that have been made to her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.