New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default DMS ONLY Legend of Hyrule total war.

This campaign will focus in the efforts of armies, striving to capture as much of Hyrule as possible, to strike into and claim castle town, from which they can begin their conquest of Gannon's tower.

Based on this brief sentence overview, first thoughts concerns questions statements about what we should have included.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: DMS ONLY Legend of Hyrule total war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    This campaign will focus in the efforts of armies, striving to capture as much of Hyrule as possible, to strike into and claim castle town, from which they can begin their conquest of Gannon's tower.

Based on this brief sentence overview, first thoughts concerns questions statements about what we should have included.
    What era of Hyrule? What bits of continuity are you hoping to utilize? Are any of the major players going to be included besides Ganondorf? How well-versed will your players be in the lore (e.g. Will they go south immediately in order to secure the province where the chosen hero of the goddess always seems to pop up, or will they dismiss that as myth?) What sort of logistics will you be hammering them with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Will there be a giant moon about to crush the world? Oh wait, wrong place....

I would take as much as I can from the video games and Hyrum historia and the come up with my own little twists here and there. Sounds fun, especially for those who are Zelda fans.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

My first question (although not really important) is what system is this going to be? You could do it all homebrew with some work. Is it homebrew?

Which Hyrule map are you using (like from what game)? What world mythos are you using?

What races are there going to be available? Is everyone just human?

Is anyone supposed to be the Hero, or are the PC's going to beat Gannon/Gannondorf?

I really like the idea. These are some questions that should be answered, and they will help give an idea of what we should be asking.

Hope this is helpful
    "I'll get a cool quote, just you wait."
    Here is the backdrop to the first Campaign in my Titan Blood World.
    Bastilonis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

I once tried this at (a greatly expanded) OoT's Hyrule field. However it was just the setting, the PCs were playing when the war had its place on the field, they were doing their stuff trying to stop it.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.