New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: So I finally saw Frozen...

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    He meant a pattern. As for a pattern, well, the early potter movies make sense, they have been out long enough to make the list in total sales, there are a lot of solid kids movies, which also makes sense as people are likely to buy movies for their kids. The pirates series was pretty good, so that makes sense. Cant figure out the matrix sequel selling that well though.
    Well, it's Japan.

(PleaseDon'tHitMe)
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Because there were no other options.

One bad move could have resulted in a death, and they had no way of knowing which moves were and weren't bad. Elsa's one misfired shot damn near killed her sister and she can throw them off like candy, or just unleash an area version of it if she has a breakdown.

What in gods name were they supposed to do?
    Two words......Jonathon Kent.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Traab, sorry my post was unclear. Not to derail the thread but while the popular Ghibli movies I guess were to be expected from Japan most other things... Matrix Reloaded? Michael Jackson?! (Then again, I'm much less a fan of his than most other people) And the Pirate movies, next to a bunch of Harry Potter... I guess some of these have their age going for them but none of them strike me as classics which would be bought for every household or such a thing. That's what I meant.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

I can understand Matrix Reloaded having sold well. The original film was a bit of a sleeper hit, and didn't pick up its huge following immediately, so it won't have grossed as highly at the cinema as one might expect. Reloaded though came out on a wave of massive hype a few years later and everyone saw that. What's more, while it was bloated and pretentious, it's easy to forget that it wasn't obvious at the time quite how much the trilogy was derailing. The assumption was that Revolutions would answer all the questions raised in Reloaded, the film was packed with juicy (if unnecessary) action sequences, and so on. I can understand its having done very well at the cinema, and subsequently on DVD, until the third film was released a year or so later. At which point it became apparent that nobody had any idea what was going on, and Reloaded was just a load of rambling nonsense with no payoff.

I'm surprised it did quite as well as it has, but not flabbergasted.
    GITP Blood Bowl Manager Cup
    Red Sabres - Season I Cup Champions, two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Anlec Razors - Two-time Cup Semifinalists
    Bad Badenhof Bats - Season VII Cup Champions
    League Wiki

Spoiler: Previous Avatars
    Show
    (by Strawberries)
    (by Rain Dragon)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    And the Pirate movies, next to a bunch of Harry Potter... I guess some of these have their age going for them but none of them strike me as classics which would be bought for every household or such a thing. That's what I meant.
    Don't underestimate how popular Johnny Depp is in Japan and that's all I'll say. Google at your own peril and sanity.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Pixie in the Playground

I also watched this great movie last weekend and actually realized why this movie was the highest grossing animated movie till date.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Colossus in the Playground

The Michael Jackson thing I can sort of understand. First of all, he was a ferociously prolific singer in his prime, which lasted a long time. Secondly, his most famous songs were often accompanied by equally incredible videos. Honestly, I saw him as a bit like aerosmith. A big name everyone knew, that even outside their "generation" still enjoyed his music and as such remained known when most people of his time faded away. In addition to that, all his ever so much fun scandals helped keep him in the public eye. This, accompanied by how he died and the story that revolved around THAT means his biography video or whatever you want to call it, would attract a lot of attention as young or old, everyone knows about michael jackson. Whether you love him for his music, hate him for his scandals, or pity him for his extreme oddities, it makes sense that you would buy the movie, if only to learn more about him.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."