New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ambriosia of the Gods (IC)

Kriosten spends a few moments in shock at the sight of the prismatic dragon. He drops to his knees, kneeling before the mighty dragon.
    Great one, I do not know how we came to be here, but it is my belief that we were sent by the gods. I myself am a servant of Mystra. I apologize for our intrusion. Perhaps you have knowledge of why our gods have sent us to your forest?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Serea nods in agreement. She'll actively and quickly help prep for battle while noting the layout of the area, the number and quality of the kobolds and traps, and fallback positions. If she sees possible weaknesses she'll point them out respectfully to Black Scale.
    Spoiler: Guard
    Show
    You help them set up everything and you see a couple of weaknesses and help secure them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Spoiler: Chief
    Show
    'I knew it!' thinks Liam, more resigned than happy that he guessed the true nature of the kobold chief.
    "Well, I think we would like to know this purpose ourselves. It seems our respective gods send all of us on the mission... but the exact nature of this quest is still unknown to us."
    Liam paused and continues in a bit tired tone.
    "Tyr usually is more straightforward when setting goals, but I suppose it isn't for me to try to understand his ways..."
    "You knew I was a dragon? He sounds intrigued "Your god's think they can do whatever, wherever, they might have sent you here to see the cave."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Kriosten spends a few moments in shock at the sight of the prismatic dragon. He drops to his knees, kneeling before the mighty dragon.
    Great one, I do not know how we came to be here, but it is my belief that we were sent by the gods. I myself am a servant of Mystra. I apologize for our intrusion. Perhaps you have knowledge of why our gods have sent us to your forest?
    The Dragon looks at you and seems interested when you say Mystra, "The god's perhaps sent you here to help with the cave, once a peaceful place, now a graveyard for whatever come out of there. Maybe Mystra brought you here is to stop something mystical inside of there that are bringing these filth of creatures in my land."
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

It is entirely possible What can you tell us of this cave, great one?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

'... well, I didn't know he would be a mind reader...' Liam thinks now, waiting quietly for the dragon to answer Kriosten's question.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

5. - Top - End - #65

NinjaGuy

It is entirely possible What can you tell us of this cave, great one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    '... well, I didn't know he would be a mind reader...' Liam thinks now, waiting quietly for the dragon to answer Kriosten's question.
    "You have entered my place of resting, in doing so let me into your mind and read your thoughts freely. But of this cave, it is called The Endless Cave, but recently some high ranking Elves went down there and has found an end to no end. And I believe they let something very ancient and very powerful lose. More powerful then I. The dragon just looks towards the cave and you notice he gets a little angry.

At This time it starts to get a little dark and you all hear rumbling coming from the cave.
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Um...If there is something more powerful than you down there, the very prospect terrifies me. What chance would we stand against that?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"Well that sounded like a nasty beast was coming. I assume it's too much to hope for a giant basket of kittens?"
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth
    Cataloger of Silly Games
    Lolthdisciple
    The One Who Took The Cookies From The Cookie Jar

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

One thing I have learned in my travels, is that there is always someone bigger and usually stronger then you out there somewhere. It is best not to aggravate them too much is how I've usually lived. But since our god has dropped us down here, seems like this is something we should be able to handle. Is there any additional information you could tel us about the elves that went into the caves?

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Using what he is told from the Chief Athanasius will search what he has learned.
    Know Arcana: (1d20+6)[17]
    Know Religion: (1d20+6)[25]

9. - Top - End - #69

NinjaGuy

Um...If there is something more powerful than you down there, the very prospect terrifies me. What chance would we stand against that?
    "Your gods have obviously chosen you to stop this madness, I do not dare challenge the gods decisions. If they deem you worthy then take that as a blessing."

Quote Originally Posted by lolthfollower View Post
    "Well that sounded like a nasty beast was coming. I assume it's too much to hope for a giant basket of kittens?"
    The rumbling is getting louder and closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alihandros View Post
    One thing I have learned in my travels, is that there is always someone bigger and usually stronger then you out there somewhere. It is best not to aggravate them too much is how I've usually lived. But since our god has dropped us down here, seems like this is something we should be able to handle. Is there any additional information you could tel us about the elves that went into the caves?

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Using what he is told from the Chief Athanasius will search what he has learned.
    Know Arcana: [roll0]
    Know Religion: [roll1]
    The high Elder Elves with there "Deific" magic as they called it, went down there to find something. They never came back, but monsters ravage that place now."
    Spoiler: arcana + religion
    Show
    You don't find anything specific but when he says deific magic you heard of anceint magic before.(spells above level 9. so 10th level+ spells.)
    [roll] 4d6b3 [/roll]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Well, at least now we know what we are supposed to do. Would we be allowed to take others with us as we go into the cave, or is the knowledge of Dragon's language a requirement there as well? Are there any settlements in this endless cave? If not, is there any bigger one around here, so we could go back for supplies if needed?" After a moment Liam starts asking questions... even if he didn't ask them aloud the dragon would be able to get them out of his head, that way at least others had some context.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another lesson I've learned in my short time alive, never do a job for free. So besides "allowing" us to live what else is motivating us to go into this gave that the high and mighty Elven archmages couldn't handle?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

"I hope these kobolds are tough, because this thing is seeming nastier by the second." He then starts playing a tune to calm himself, also bolstering the kobods and fellow party members resolve. (Inspiring courage: +1 morale to sves vs. charm and fear and +1 morale on attack and damage to anyone who can hear him. Lasts until 5 rounds afte I stop playing music. Or 30 seconds. Whichever fits the situation.)
    PbP games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Seven Adventurers of Chamar: Running

WW games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Careless Investigation: Running/Recruiting

Titles earned:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Follower of Lolth