So my friends and I are really into the classic deadlands rules. Say what you want about the smoothness of savage worlds but there's just something about the rules that feels right. Reloaded just feels too generic for us.

The only problem is that we also love Deadlands noir as a setting and are keen to play a game there. Only problem is that it's all in Savage worlds rules so conversion is needed.

Most of the basic rules can convert fairly easily (though adding some form of gritty combat might be interesting to simulate the feel of the new era.) The main thing to worry about are the arcane backgrounds. Harrowed is fine as is, and we have Voodooists in hexarcana, but a way to simulate patent scientists without just nerfing mad science would be needed. Then of course there's grifters, which are fairly different from the old hucksters and need their own background to show that. I was actually thinking about constructing them like a fusion of a huckster and a shaman, (since they are a blend of hoyle's techniques and shamanic traditions) having a sort of appeasment system centered around vices to cast hexes. Of course many of the actual hexes would have to be made from scratch (to avoid making them just a huckster with appeasment points instead of card hands.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? I just don't want to see this wonderful system go to waste as the amazing setting continues to progress.