New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1443
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

Infirmary

"That's not very much. Well, let's see what's really going on." She reaches behind her desk, and pulls out a small stone scarab, handing it to Issac. "Hold this tightly to your skin."

If Issac does that, the cursemeister will cast an analysis spell, focused through that scarab of curse analysis, to deeply analyze the curse in question.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

Infirmary

Isaac nods and follows the instructions, not really having anything else to do at the moment.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Infirmary]

It's a curse! It's contagious, and has a complex word-processing enchantment to figure out when it should spread to a new person. It absorbs energy from magic, like this analysis spell, and uses it to create further changes to its subject. Speaking of which, Isaac's limbs are probably stretchnig out into more tentacles right this moment. It won't turn someone all the way into an animal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Infirmary

"It can't be infected by spellcasting. I didn't cast any magic at her yesterday." he says. Was Tab even paying attention? "Tab, we are not giving up on this. We'll see the cursemeister tomorrow." he insists.

A Convenient Shed

"Uh, long story Tab. Really long.
    And it really isn't all that tragic. It's pretty nice. We're only doing this because you're afraid I'll infect someone. But anyway, no, I don't know how to conjure anything. I can raid a supply room for you if you really need one."
    he offers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    A Convenient Shed

"Sorry, nope. I did a little magic mirror, basically making some magic act like a reflective surface, but I don't want a Couatl aspect bound to my magic," Tab says. "I think I have a little pocket mirror in my room, if you want me to go get that?"

Infirmary

Tabitha makes a series of confusing noises and rubs her face. "Ugh, I'm done. I'm working on too little sleep to do this properly. Sorry you two, but I'm going to go back to bed before I actually hurt someone."
    A Convenient Shed

"Urgh. Fine, hold on a second. This is going to suck, but I really don't want to walk all the way back and pay the stupid prices at supply for a proper mirror. Just... don't tell anyone, you guys?" A look of utter concentration crosses Merissa's face as her eyes screw shut and a vein begins to bulge on her forehead comically. It's a few moments of clearly painful, almost constipated focus before a large, rectangular, upright pane of mirrored glass shimmers and then *pops* into view, her reaching out a lower arm to catch it on one side before it tips over and shatters.

She breathes heavily from the exertion, sweat breaking out on her forehead as she slumps to her knees, still keeping decent hold on the large mirror. "Daddy taught me how to project magic for rituals. It's really simple and really hard, and now I'm gonna have a headache for, like, an hour." If either of the two have paid attention in basic rituals and summonings, projecting is the barbaric, reckless way of brute-forcing a ritual by shaping and ejecting some of your own magic outside of your body, using it as a very temporary framework for the ritual. It's often unreliable, and always taxing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

A Convenient Shed

Well, as has been said, Isaac has never taken a summoning class of any kind. So the meaning goes rather over his head.
    "Uh, yeah, my lips are sealed Merissa. I can get you some ibuprofen later. For now, just tell me how I can help." he says with a small smile.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Very interesting. Well, let's try the basics." She stands, and her magic aura crackles as she conjures up a large amount of magic "This may sting a little."

The cursemiester then tries to break the curse with the cursebreaking equivalent of 20 pounds of dynamite.

A Convenient Shed

Tabitha winces a little as she recognizes what's happening. "Maybe you should get a universal spell circle on a necklace? To help hold some of the load."

7. - Top - End - #1387

[Infirmary]

Isaac becomes as octopus as possible.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Isaac gives a cry of pain as his remaining human limbs roll up into tentacles.

And then a rather strangled one as he's reduced to an odd, somewhat stretched-out octopus, his only real consolation being that he still has a mouth separate from his other and, and something of a face on his bulbous head. He squirms awkwardly, his glasses having adapted to his lack of ears but otherwise being a rather odd, naked blob of a creature.
    Well, he made fun of Yisui's rear. Now he doesn't have one to speak of.
    "what are you doing?" he gurgles out despite his extremely odd placement of organs, but thankfully including small lungs. His skin flashes through several shades of brilliant red.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2015-08-28 at 09:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Of course I do. People just prefer I try that method before going to the one that I know will work."

She goes over to the side of the room, and takes a living scarab beetle out of a cage. "The other option is to have my Scarab of Curses burrow into you, into your heart, and peel the curse out of you, into itself. Then I can add it to my collection!" She looks up at a series of seemingly empty bottles on a high bookshelf. "Don't worry! It's harmless. It won't even hurt."

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Isaac's response is to flail about a bit in a rather wordless panic, but with his inability to work his new form, he couldn't stop her if he wanted to.
    Hopefully she knows that an octopus' heart is in its head.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

She places the scarab on a wide area. It would immediately "burrow" into him, headed straight for his heart or heartlike organ. It's less like real burrowing, and more like momentarily displacing flesh, leaving no hole or other sign of it's passage. Once at Issac's heart, it will try to suck the curse out, into itself. The scarab is very good at this, and is immune to the effects of most magic itself, and unless something goes weird the curse will be forced into an inert state.

12. - Top - End - #1392

[Infirmary]

The scarab should with some difficulty suck the curse into itself. And Isaac will start shifting back to his normal Isaac self.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Yep. His normal, slit-eyed, elf-eared, fanged self.
    Isaac has a weird definition of normal.
    "So...when is that thing coming out?" he asks the cursemeister hesitantly.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

The scarab will then 'burrow' its way back out, and the cursemeister will go to pluck it off Issac's chest.

"There you go! Right as rain! Stay safe!"

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Isaac nods, dons his pants, and runs from the infirmary, desperate for a shirt, some normal things to do, and being able to hit the cafeteria for some food without someone jeering at his condition with the usual "what'd you do this time?" shtick.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cafeteria

Yay, meal! The Cafeteria is fairly busy right now, but Issac has missed most of the line, so he can go right through. He might not be able to sit where he wants, though.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac will sit in a corner of a table if Tab or Merissa aren't around. Nothing else to do there. He sits down and somehow manages to be cheery despite eating school food.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Cafeteria

There's Anima, getting a meal to take away, as always.

She's led to understand it's much harder to get food in most parts of this civilization, so this is pretty good.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2015-08-29 at 05:35 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac smiles and sits down next to Anima.
    "Hey Anima! Everything's settled. Got a little weird there, but at least I wasn't too tiny to get any work done. Thanks." he says sincerely.

20. - Top - End - #1400

Cafeteria

Anima frowns. It appears she is being roped into sharing a meal with a friend.

She takes a seat next to Isaac.

"Glad it all worked out."
    She takes a bite from her lunch, which appears to contain every meat offering the cafeteria has, and a little carton of milk.
    "You sure this is the size you were before? I think you mighta grown a bit taller."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac raises an eyebrow.
    "I'm fairly sure. And is everything alright, Anima?" he asks. A frown isn't how one wants to be greeted. It's enough to make someone feel unwelcome...

22. - Top - End - #1402

Cafeteria

Anima's frown twists up into a smile.
    "Just have a lot of studying to get to."
    Doesn't sound like that's actually the answer.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac nods.
    "Well, don't let me keep you once you're done, then. I'm lucky enough to have the weekend mostly clear. Or at least, I did. Class again tomorrow and no test doesn't mean it won't be hard." he says, commiserating.

24. - Top - End - #1404

[Cafeteria]

Anima nods.
    "I won't. These things do seem to happen to you a lot, don't they?"
    Shakes her head softly and goes to open her carton of milk.
    "Why are you here? At the College?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac shrugs.
    "I guess so. I'm here because I got a scholarship, I'm decent at what I'm learning, and I have more friends here than I did at my old school."

Anima should know enough about Isaac to know that if that's true, it's really, really sad.

26. - Top - End - #1406

[Cafeteria]

"Was there just no one at your old school? This place is so lonely and distant."
    Anima goes to pat him on the shoulder. And then goes after her meal as if she were starving.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Isaac gives her a sad smile.
    "There were more people there, actually. Just not many I got along with." he says, staring off into space for a minute at some bad memories before turning back to his lunch.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    A Convenient Shed

Well, as has been said, Isaac has never taken a summoning class of any kind. So the meaning goes rather over his head.
    "Uh, yeah, my lips are sealed Merissa. I can get you some ibuprofen later. For now, just tell me how I can help." he says with a small smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

The cursemiester then tries to break the curse with the cursebreaking equivalent of 20 pounds of dynamite.

A Convenient Shed

Tabitha winces a little as she recognizes what's happening. "Maybe you should get a universal spell circle on a necklace? To help hold some of the load."
    A Convenient Shed

Merissa's smile is withered, but grateful, "Thanks Tab. I need to make the circle around the mirror, and it can't move during the process, but no one can move into the circle either. Planting one edge of it into the ground deep enough should work." Thankfully the shed had a bare dirt floor, so even if they can't prop it up magically (assuming none of them know a VERY BASIC telekinesis spell) then they can just dig a little and expend a bit of effort.

"Once the circle's in place, we need three lines, two crossing each other and making a point, while crossing through the circle. We stand at either endpoint of the open triangle, and he stands at the closed point, symbolizing that our open force is greater than the hold it has on his spirit. Tabby, you and I need to hold ready a constant amount of magic, the same for both of us. Tiny fluctuations are fine, but we need to keep it similar so that when it's pulled out towards us, it won't go down one path or the other, and will head down the middle into the mirror." That sounds difficult and complicated, just as a ritual should be!

"Don't laugh when I tell you this, but it's basically a giant math problem." She giggles a bit herself, and the two might realize the symbol is just a giant greater-than sign in a circle, based on her description.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

A Convenient Shed

Isaac is more than happy to dig out a space for the mirror, on account of the fact that he isn't actually doing anything else here it seems. Which, given that he's the subject, makes sense.
    "So, I just stand here, Merissa? " he asks after drawing out the symbol as she instructs.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

A Convenient Shed

Tabitha smiles when she sees it. "Nice." She then goes to stand on her spot and starts doing some simple magic management exercises.

Cafeteria

If either of the pair look at the right time, they might notice a slight shimmer in the air as Isaac's cup is replaced with an identical one, but with a different amount of liquid in it.