New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

Tabby's Locker

"Oooookay, hold on Tabby." Why is it always clothes and nudity? Seriously. She gingerly picks up the two halves of the tabard and casts a mending spell on it, flourishing far more than is called for with the current spell. The repaired garment is offered to the tiny Tabitha, "If you've got the powers now, you'll need this to see what you're doing with them, right? The fairy can probably get a job in the cafeteria here if she wants to stick around places, but I don't know if there's a way to swap you two back." After all usually artifacts are very hard to reverse in general.

"You should try it, though, and see if the dots show up this time." This would make Merissa either the caster or the target.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Re: Zafflebrod's College and Preparatory School for the Magically Inclined

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    In the Hive

Well, unless Peter is known for being able to punch through well woven silk bedsheets, touching the wall is going to be a problem. The fabric is springy and stretchy, but doesn't come apart under his fingers.

Though, as he's gotten further in, the buzzing has faded away enough to something bearable, and there is a deep, steady thrumb of something larger moving. All of the bugs he can see are scuttling along on the floor and the silk walls they've made instead of flying, all heading towards the same place.

In the Hive:

He is not well-known for punching through silk, especially with his bare hands. Honestly how well this is spun is genuinely impressive. It's a tight weave. It also puts a genuine damper on his dampening plan.

At least his near aimless wandering has given him a new direction: Follow the bugs. See what I meant? Staying in motion even without a clear goal is a good plan. Something important or powerful is likely at the end of their path, and Pete intends to... hit it with his shoe? Man, beginner mages are at a real loss for options sometimes. Good thing none of them seem to give a damn about him though. That'd make this awkward.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2014-07-26 at 10:17 PM. Reason: a grammar mistake from over a month ago.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabby's Locker

As soon as Isaac says, "The," Jill sneezes. This makes the Tabitha-shaped fairy laugh. "That's it!" Jill continues to sneeze every time "The" is said.

With the tabbard on, Tabitha focuses on the thing wearing her body and snaps. 28 dots appear on the tabbard, and the doppleganger is suddenly clothed in a pink poofy princess dress, long white gloves, similar shoes, and a little crown. The doppleganger sticks out her tongue at the display of pink and princess proper.

Tabitha seethes.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabby's Locker

Isaac is starting to panic a little bit.
    "Uh, Tab, I think this thing really is all over the place. It hasn't done anything really dangerous but it's getting...weird. I don't know if you should keep going."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Dormitories]

Melina shakes her head

No: just Uncle Max, by the looks of it. And he is...

expletives fail the young girl

He's the sort of uncle people tend to try to avoid admitting being related to. The sort of "That's my crazy Uncle Max" while looking out the window and wishing you could die. Or wishing he would die... or whatever.
    Adrian blushes as she gets into the dress and says, "Oh...Great. This is such an awful day...Why is this happening? Thanks for the dress, though. Seriously."

6. - Top - End - #126

Tabby's Locker

"Okay, that's enough of you. You're clothed, go out and enjoy the world." Merissa will manhandle the not-a-pixie-faux-princess out of the locker and into the hall, shutting it behind her.

"Second, we should actually see if we can dispel this stuff." She'll try to dispel the sneezing effect on Jill with a mumbled invocation and some waving. Oddly enough, the spell she used works better the more vague and disinterested you act while casting it, and she does an impressive job at making it seem like it's a bunch of rubbish.

"And third, as much as I want to agree with you Isaac, we should probably keep going. We'll never get a chance at this again if the teachers find out and extract the artifact's powers from Tabby. Stuff like this is so rare for students to get to mess with, it's practically tradition to get the most out of it you can. So far, all we got was a lucky amount of gold and a bunch of weirdness, we can do better."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Hedge Maze]

The silver spears hit the beast hard enough to apparently cause it pain. It makes an angry noise and releases its biting grip on Red (who has, as of yet, refused to cry out). As Charlotte approaches it with the titanium spear, it backs off and retreats back into the mists and bushes, where it can't be seen.

Red's leg and dress might be pretty torn up. The lighting here is bad enough to be unable to tell the extent of the injury. However, possibly surprisingly, there's no blood pooling on the ground (or even any blood visible on her leg: just clear saliva). "Okay, good job," she says, pushing herself up on her arms, then trying to force herself standing. "It's gone now; go into the finish."
    I'm not leaving you, it's the best i can do to make up for my blunder.
    charlotte forcefully attempts to grab her and, carrying her over the shoulder, will attempt to run into the portal.
    one she gets in she will ehaustedly collapse after setting red down, her clothing returning to her original outfit as she hits the ground.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Gymnasium -Outside Hive]
    ((I should clarify, the rooms are above the gymnasium in the building, on the upper floors. There's likely no one hiding in the gym/hive itself, but fire does tend to travel upwards.))

The girl he gives the coin to throws it back as soon as he winks, covering herself with her hands more thoroughly and looking at him accusingly. It's clear that she thinks he was being perverted with that last gesture.

"Look, you came this far, if you're that scared of losing your clothes even though you've got some kind of protection, then just go on and hide in some other building. It's not so strange for people who don't want to be involved to hide in their rooms you know. Geeze." She stomps off, following the rest of her team.
    Harold catches the coin, averting his eyes when he relizes his gesture was misunderstood. "I wasn't...oh, nevermind, you wouldn't believe me anyway" he says, but the girl is already walking away. He sighs...she did have a point. Hoping there are no insects in the upper floors, he wormhole jumps into the first room (uppermost floor) he can see. "Operation Gym Rescue, start!"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Hedge Maze]

It took ten or twelve seconds to run to the swirling lights. During that time, Red protested, "But I can take care of myself," she protests.

It seems the beast will have come out again - but, for some reason, Red had a flat black box that she threw into one of the bushes. Who knows what it would've done. They reach the portal before they can find out what it would do, and the beast doesn't get them - it waits for the next to come by here.

The room they go to is pretty well-lit. There's all the people who previously vanished. In this lighting, it's pretty clear that Red's leg is torn up really badly - but, still, there's not even the hint of blood. No matter that, though. After she's set down, Faith and Freddie and some of the others come over and there's a flurry of talking and laughing. Obviously, Freddie found out that he was tricked by Red and Charlotte, but he doesn't seem mad about it. Seems that this sort of thing happens to him most every time.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #130

[Hedge Maze]

It took ten or twelve seconds to run to the swirling lights. During that time, Red protested, "But I can take care of myself," she protests.

It seems the beast will have come out again - but, for some reason, Red had a flat black box that she threw into one of the bushes. Who knows what it would've done. They reach the portal before they can find out what it would do, and the beast doesn't get them - it waits for the next to come by here.

The room they go to is pretty well-lit. There's all the people who previously vanished. In this lighting, it's pretty clear that Red's leg is torn up really badly - but, still, there's not even the hint of blood. No matter that, though. After she's set down, Faith and Freddie and some of the others come over and there's a flurry of talking and laughing. Obviously, Freddie found out that he was tricked by Red and Charlotte, but he doesn't seem mad about it. Seems that this sort of thing happens to him most every time.
    Charlotte is still unconscious from exhaustion, so yeah....
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dormitories]

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Adrian blushes as she gets into the dress and says, "Oh...Great. This is such an awful day...Why is this happening? Thanks for the dress, though. Seriously."
    Melina nods

You're welcome. And yeah, this has been a strange day, to be sure... I wonder if eh person who did this is going to get expelled.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tabby's Locker

"Okay, that's enough of you. You're clothed, go out and enjoy the world." Merissa will manhandle the not-a-pixie-faux-princess out of the locker and into the hall, shutting it behind her.

"Second, we should actually see if we can dispel this stuff." She'll try to dispel the sneezing effect on Jill with a mumbled invocation and some waving. Oddly enough, the spell she used works better the more vague and disinterested you act while casting it, and she does an impressive job at making it seem like it's a bunch of rubbish.

"And third, as much as I want to agree with you Isaac, we should probably keep going. We'll never get a chance at this again if the teachers find out and extract the artifact's powers from Tabby. Stuff like this is so rare for students to get to mess with, it's practically tradition to get the most out of it you can. So far, all we got was a lucky amount of gold and a bunch of weirdness, we can do better."
    "...the?" Sneeze. "Drat! Well, you tried, thank you."

"Merissa! Did you just throw someone who is not me out into the hall in my body!? That's not smart!"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Tabitha's Locker

Isaac shrugs, and gives a small nod.
    "Well, alright then. But yeah, maybe that wasn't such a hot idea. She might get Tab in trouble while we're trying to mess with things. I
    If we want this to go unnoticed for as long as possible drawing attention to her might not be the best idea."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Dormitories]

Melina nods

You're welcome. And yeah, this has been a strange day, to be sure... I wonder if eh person who did this is going to get expelled.
    [Dormitories]

Adrian smiles grimly as she puts the dress on and says, "I doubt it...This sort of thing is par for the course. We're just lucky nobody died."

15. - Top - End - #135

[Post-Maze Room]

The biggest cure for overexertion is rest. Charlotte gets moved out of the way, but she isn't bothered until she wakes up.

Time passes as the students either wait for the remaining people to show up or go to some other class or important business. During the time that Charlotte is passed out, several things happen. Discussions about the performances today are told. The teacher gives more information about what they're learning this week. People trickle in, in varying states of injury and panic. Introductions happen: Red introduces her friends to the unconscious Charlotte. Red receives a new body based on the drawing she made, which has a yellow scarf and the same red riding hood. More people decide to leave the room, and are caught in the mess with the bugs outside. People sit around, waiting for the bug incident to pass by before leaving. Some of them do schoolwork or practice for the Drama club's next performance. Red, Faith, and James are three of those who are practicing for it, reciting something. People who still want their clothes intact continue waiting around. A daring group of students leave so they can see what's going on out there, and maybe so they can see a few other things. Time passes. Eventually, Charlotte will wake up again.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2014-07-05 at 01:51 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Atrium]

"Even the simplest spell can make the greatest difference if used at the right moment Batu. You could have directed the creature into the wall or into one of the others, or under ideal conditions, off a cliff." Arik comments as he watches the creatures keep their distance. It seemed they had some degree of self preservation after all. "But we should find the teachers, someone must try to keep the order in a school like this." It's then he spots KR and let's the water elementals clear the path towards her. "Excuse me miss, you wouldn't know where we could find the staff, or whoever is in charge for taking care of these kinds of messes?" The elementals will simply attempt to touch any insect that comes near, drenching them in water and then instantly freezing them.
    [Atrium]

Kr looks a little surprised at being addressed as 'miss', but figures it might be because they never really met formally, despite Kr knowing who this person is, and figuring he must have seen her and known who she was at the tournament as well.
    "I believe the faculty quarters are on the top floor, but it doesn't look like they're interested in handling. I presume it's the students that are stepping up to solve this." She says, looking in the direction of the students heading towards the gymnasium. After the bugs stop harassing her, she lets her spell dissolve, the sigil snapping apart in a slight burst of magically charged particles.
    "I may choose to go investigate, myself. I do have some experience dealing with vast insectoid hordes after all, although they were more interested in eating planets, not clothing." The showoff is real.

"My name is Kr, by the way. We may have met before."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dormitories]

Adrian smiles grimly as she puts the dress on and says, "I doubt it...This sort of thing is par for the course. We're just lucky nobody died."
    Melina chuckles, but somewhat nervously

Yes, certainly... always good for no one to die.

To be fair, she had read the part about resurrections in the admission materials... she just hadn't believed it. Her belongings piled back on the cart, she finally pulls it into her assigned room.

How long have you been a student here?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Adrian smiles and says, "Only a year...I think there have been a few deaths. Which is why there's the resurrection fee."

((You want them to be roommates, Fen?))

19. - Top - End - #139

[Post-Maze Room]

The biggest cure for overexertion is rest. Charlotte gets moved out of the way, but she isn't bothered until she wakes up.

Time passes as the students either wait for the remaining people to show up or go to some other class or important business. During the time that Charlotte is passed out, several things happen. Discussions about the performances today are told. The teacher gives more information about what they're learning this week. People trickle in, in varying states of injury and panic. Introductions happen: Red introduces her friends to the unconscious Charlotte. Red receives a new body based on the drawing she made, which has a yellow scarf and the same red riding hood. More people decide to leave the room, and are caught in the mess with the bugs outside. People sit around, waiting for the bug incident to pass by before leaving. Some of them do schoolwork or practice for the Drama club's next performance. Red, Faith, and James are three of those who are practicing for it, reciting something. People who still want their clothes intact continue waiting around. A daring group of students leave so they can see what's going on out there, and maybe so they can see a few other things. Time passes. Eventually, Charlotte will wake up again.
    Charlotte wakes up, yawning, and looks around.
    Morning guys. Or is it afternoon?
    She asks with a chuckle, getting up.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

[Dormitories]

Adrian smiles and says, "Only a year...I think there have been a few deaths. Which is why there's the resurrection fee."

((You want them to be roommates, Fen?))
    Melina puffs out her cheeks

Well... I guess as long as it's prepared for...

she shakes her head as she starts unpacking what's left of her stuff onto what's left of the bed.

I've never actually killed anybody, not even on accident. Awwwwww... man!

The expression of dismay comes as she takes out what looks like a stuffed hairless rat and sniffs sadly

Sorry, chompy... Anyway, I was saying... Never killed anybody, but hospitalization has happened a time or two - like with my carnivorous squirrels.

(( Sure, why not? ))
    Last edited by Fenric; 2014-07-05 at 03:36 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

[Post-Maze Room]

"You've been asleep for a whole year and Prince Charming here," says Red, gesturing at Twinkletoes, "had to kiss you awake." She says that with a deadpan face, not even looking up from the sheet of paper in her hand.

As I stated before, Red looks like a different person, wearing different clothes - looking exactly like the picture she drew earlier. She still is wearing the red hood, of course, which clashes with the rest of her clothing.

Twinkletoes looks alarmed and holds his palms forward, as if saying "No! I wouldn't kiss you without your permission!"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #142

[Post-Maze Room]

"You've been asleep for a whole year and Prince Charming here," says Red, gesturing at Twinkletoes, "had to kiss you awake." She says that with a deadpan face, not even looking up from the sheet of paper in her hand.

As I stated before, Red looks like a different person, wearing different clothes - looking exactly like the picture she drew earlier. She still is wearing the red hood, of course, which clashes with the rest of her clothing.

Twinkletoes looks alarmed and holds his palms forward, as if saying "No! I wouldn't kiss you without your permission!"
    Charlotte chuckles at that.
    I'm Charlotte, magical girl:and no I did not name it that.
    So, is Red a shapeshifter or something?

She asks, raising an eyebrow at Red2.0
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #143

[Post-Maze Room]

"Nope," says Red, still not looking up. She's content to leave it at that, because apparently, whatever paper thing she's looking at is very interesting and important. If she had a lollipop, this is the moment where she would put it in her mouth.

Twinkletoes, however, responds since most of the other NPCs are busy talking to each other now that they've learned Charlotte's name and the fact that she's a Magical Girl. "She's much more like a psychic flesh golem," he explains. "Her father builds the bodies for her when they get too damaged."

This causes Red to speak up again. "I was due for a new one, anyway."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Post-Maze Room]

"Nope," says Red, still not looking up. She's content to leave it at that, because apparently, whatever paper thing she's looking at is very interesting and important. If she had a lollipop, this is the moment where she would put it in her mouth.

Twinkletoes, however, responds since most of the other NPCs are busy talking to each other now that they've learned Charlotte's name and the fact that she's a Magical Girl. "She's much more like a psychic flesh golem," he explains. "Her father builds the bodies for her when they get too damaged."

This causes Red to speak up again. "I was due for a new one, anyway."
    Cool! All I have is the ability to summon stuff. Well, also a sort of immortality in a way.
    Charlotte replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

25. - Top - End - #145

Post-Maze Room

"Anyway," says Red, finally looking up from her papers, "we were all thinking of just chilling in here until this cloth-eating bug blows over. I'd rather not have my clothes eaten and I forgot to bring my metallic underwear today." How could you possibly forget that? It's probably one of the most important things for one to wear in a school such as this, where horny magical teenagers run rampant.

"So, that means we won't have much to do other than talk, study, and anything else we can do in here."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #146

Post-Maze Room

"Anyway," says Red, finally looking up from her papers, "we were all thinking of just chilling in here until this cloth-eating bug blows over. I'd rather not have my clothes eaten and I forgot to bring my metallic underwear today." How could you possibly forget that? It's probably one of the most important things for one to wear in a school such as this, where horny magical teenagers run rampant.

"So, that means we won't have much to do other than talk, study, and anything else we can do in here."
    ****, I'm going to have to take a trip out in the city soon too. Hmm... I might have a couple stories to tell.
    Charlotte replies
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Atrium]

Kr looks a little surprised at being addressed as 'miss', but figures it might be because they never really met formally, despite Kr knowing who this person is, and figuring he must have seen her and known who she was at the tournament as well.
    "I believe the faculty quarters are on the top floor, but it doesn't look like they're interested in handling. I presume it's the students that are stepping up to solve this." She says, looking in the direction of the students heading towards the gymnasium. After the bugs stop harassing her, she lets her spell dissolve, the sigil snapping apart in a slight burst of magically charged particles.
    "I may choose to go investigate, myself. I do have some experience dealing with vast insectoid hordes after all, although they were more interested in eating planets, not clothing." The showoff is real.

"My name is Kr, by the way. We may have met before."
    [Atrium]

"Yes, your from that organization. VIGIL." Arik remarks. "My name is ArIk Mithar, I was there on your tournament on my sisters behalf. Wasn't that your husband that wished to fight against one of my water elementals?" In Hestopia there is really nothing in-between single, engaged and married, at least not as far as the nobles are concerned.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-07-06 at 08:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Atrium]

"And I am Batu, son of Tengal, formerly of the Blind Crow tribe," the hobgoblin introduces himself in his usual way, bowing. He's a skinny hobgoblin with pale, greenish-yellow skin, probably close to Kr in height. He's got unkempt brown hair and what looks like the beginnings of sideburns. His nose is flat and snout-like, and he has a pair of short, blunt tusks. His ears are long and point slightly downwards. He's wearing a long, open coat in a dull orange colour, with a yellow shirt, brown pants and sandals underneath.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #149

[Post-Maze Room]

Red chastises Charlotte. "Hey, don't swear. There's ladies and children in this room," she interjects.

Continuing, she says, "So, start with the first story, then."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Atrium]

"We... are not married." Says Kr, slightly surprised that Aric would assume such.
    She bows awkwardly in response to Batu.
    "It is a pleasure to meet you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.