New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Seaside 2: Rising Tides

Seaside

What is this place? Seaside is exactly what it sounds like, a sea.

Isn't there already a sea in Outside? There is an archipelago outside the cost of outside but Seaside is the ocean outside that coast.

So how can I get here? Seaside is actually more connected to the rest of the nexus than one might think. From the ocean you could reach HALO, Inside, Outside, Riverside, Random Places, The Hunting Grounds and other locations you can justify being near the sea. There are boats going to every major island in the ocean so a PC can easily get to Seaside from any of those locations as well.

But what can I do here exactly? Seaside is made for sea-based plots take take place under or on the sea. Riding pirates and vikings, giant sea monsters, sunken cities, great reefs, eldritch monsters, underwater exploration, volcano islands with cannibalistic tribes and epic battles both under, on and/or above water.

Seaside is a vast ocean which links many of the major cities within the Nexus as nearly all rivers eventually end up here somehow. You can probably find a lot of the garbage and filth from the cities washed out here near the coast. But the majority of the ocean is clean, far from the city centers of inside and riverside.

Seaside have it's own cities instead both above and underneath water populated by all manners of underwater creatures who can't live above land or too far away from the water. Here you also find sailors, pirates, submarine crews, vikings and other air breathers that are associated with the sea.
    The environment these people live in can be from tropical coral reefs and sharks to frozen seas and ice bears. Anyone can feel free to make up what exactly exist in Seaside as long it's primarly connected to the sea, for more land bound adventurers there is Outside and if it doesn't fit there either Random Locations might be what you're looking for.

Locations in Seaside

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Isle of Crab
    Show
    This floating island have recently risen from the very depths of Seaside and is completely inhabited by various species of crabs, some of them perhaps related to the crabs in Outside? Recently it is said that the new island has been overtaken by mermen slavers.

Spoiler: Shallowwater Village
    Show
    On the coast of a more arctic region, a small village lies near the water. It is little more than a collection of small igloos. They all face toward an area where water has collected on top of the ice, creating a shallow pool.

The inhabitants of this village are a number of selkies; people with mostly human-like upper bodies wile the rest of them resemble sea lions. They live here in a simple hunter-gatherer society.

Spoiler: Olde Seatime Beach
    Show
    An olde time beach for parties!

Spoiler: Isle of Yorichi
    Show
    An wild island filled with ancient ruins of a civilization that simply disappeared one day. Yorichi is infamous around seaside as few ever return from there despite the rumors of the treasures that are said to be hidden among the ruins. Those who survived claim that the island is inhabited by all manners of jungle beasts and ancient golem guardians placed there by the former civilizations.

Spoiler: Galespire
    Show
    Over the sea of storms towers the spires of the rather aptly named city of Galespire. A symbol of arrogance some would say as it's location would be completely uninhabitable if not for the large force walls protecting it from the extremely violent storms that build up nearly every day. But it was not the arrogance of man that had built this place, it was the ethereals, energy beings from a world far from the nexus. With a reputation of traders they had apparently thought the nexus being important enough to set up an entire city here, though who they had done so on an island in the middle of seaside is anyone's guess. The city's trademark is its many bridges and floating spires reaching up to the sky. The majority of the city is in fact flying above ground with only teleportation being able to take a person in-between the different sections of the city.

Under the protection of the force walls other beings have decided to settle down here, building up a form of undercity out of shackles and huts nearby providing a sharp contrast to the advanced Galespire. While these settlers now live under the ethereal collectives laws they are not allowed to share their technology which is held from other beings by ethereal law.

Spoiler: Bayside
    Show
    A buzzing port city not too far from Galespire and one of their most important trading partners. Generally you can't go to Galespire without passing Bayside first as only they have the captains crazy and skillful enough to sail into the sea of storms. The city have under it's long existence been claimed by a good number of different pirates and warlords which still somehow hasn't effected it's trade. The citizens of Bayside simply don't care who they're ruled and have learned to adapt to even the harshest of systems rather than trying to resist whatever new warlord that's parading into town.

That said, the current ruler is Don Juliano Karnago, an upstart goblin pirate that raids both the sea and the air with his fleet of ships and airplanes.
    He has adapted Bayside to not only accommodate ships but airplanes as well with a primitive airport build in the middle of the jungle that his air pirates use as a base. Anyone else is welcome to land however, as long as they're willing to pay a very reasonable fee.

Spoiler: Ithki-Ithki Isles
    Show
    Spread across an archipelago of smaller islands is the home nation of the seaside goblins. While their technology isn't as advanced as the ethereals they have far better living conditions than the rest seaside and even have their own navy protecting them from slavers. But it hasn't been needed in many years as the goblins have a 'understanding' with most slavers and pirates operating out here and is even rumored to partially practice slavery themselves. Nothing official however. The goblins have advanced enough technology that slavery shouldn't even be needed after all, still the rumors persist thanks to the high number of goblin crime lords that have spread across the nexus. From the infamous Gadzet company to Don Juliano Karnago, Baysides ruler who were born on the Ithki-Ithki isles.

If you want a location added to Seaside, just PM me and it will be added to the list. More locations will be added as more characters end up here.

Previous Threads
    Seaside 1
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-01-23 at 08:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 2: Rising Tides

Olde Time Seaside Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Olde Timey Beach Holiday

"How does what feel?" The running away from the woods as any sensible person should've done, or the itchy swimsuits? Because Happy already covered that second thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "Why the hell did you guys leave us behind inthe forest, exactly?"
    Sophiainquires, slightly irritated about that event.
    "sorry about the eye, by the way, Happy"

"Sorry about the eye?! You blew up half my face while turning into a horrible skinless monster, and you wonder why we left?"
    Happy asks, incredulous. Then in an aside to Magtok, "Do we even have a getaway plan?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Coveside]

Riss would be lying if she didn't admit that there was nearly a beach full of her casting eyes in the direction of her nereid even if it was only a few moments where it was nearly synchronous. "I think that would be fun too." she answered, leaning forwards to support herself on hand and knees while casting a shadow over Misha. Her smile was as sunny as the day itself as she leaned closer, brushing her fingers across her nereid's cheek and upwards to trace the outside of her ear. "And today, all I want is to have fun with you." she said in stereo, giving a quick wink to each... Though, both fey might swear that the muse had an extra eyelid there for a moment...

The muse wasn't about to give them any time to dwell upon that, however. Simultaneously, she made to push back Mimi's straw hat and begin showering the pixie with a series of kisses while diving forwards to try and extract another kiss from Misha. Soon enough, though, she would pull away from both; saying "But I want to do that every day, don't I?" with an unsuppressed giggle in her tone. Her prime form leaned back onto the towel as the rest, sans the one holding Mimi, went about setting up the 'essentials' for the outing although how small plastic shovels and buckets were in any way essential was a mystery. "So, what do you girls think we should do first? Sun or swim?" she asked, the form carrying Mimi sitting down next to the towel although by now she had released her hold on the pixie if she so wished to take to the air again. Of course, even with all the activity, even if one ignored all the other obvious signs that the muse was enjoying herself, the swishing and undulating motions of numerous tails would be a hard thing to miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Coveside]

Mimi giggles as she's showered with kisses. Her Riss she knows how to make her awesome. The pixie is grinning as she takes off again, circling around the instance of Riss that was holding her. "Ugh, sunning is just sitting around." The pixie complains, though good naturedly. But there has to be more fun things to do.
    Coveside

Misha giggles, "You're looking at it the wrong way, little lover. It's sitting around naked, surrounded by a whole bunch of Riss, plus one of me, also naked in the bright, hot sun that makes sweat shine and glimmer on all their bodies..." She trails off enticingly, not actually sure if Riss' bodies actually require sweating as a heat regulation system anymore.

"And of course, before that, you have to rub sun screen all over them to keep them from burning, running your hands over each and every part of all of their bodies as thoroughly as possible." Why did Misha waste her time with all this biology research and special effects miniatures when her true calling was clearly harlequin romance writing?

"And if you get bored after that, you can always get up at any time and fly around, go fishing, or play around in the water. Sunning doesn't last forever after all."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Sorry about the eye?! You blew up half my face while turning into a horrible skinless monster, and you wonder why we left?"
    Happy asks, incredulous. Then in an aside to Magtok, "Do we even have a getaway plan?"
    Lysandra looks dubiously up from her lounging and says, "Uh-huh. And what give you the right to abandon your own children, in the Hunting Grounds of all places, Magtok? Or did you want to kill us all along?"

5. - Top - End - #5

[Coveside]

Riss tittered at Misha's little explanation before she went on to say: "I don't know about you, Mimi, but from that description I think I'd need a quick dip to cool down simply from getting the sunblock on if I know anything about Vitae's... Handywork." she said, propping herself up on her side so she could teasingly punctuate her last word with an attempt to tickle her nereid's ribs. However, it didn't keep her from grabbing a bottle of the stuff with her tail and dangling it over the shoulder of the form that had been holding Mimi. "I think we should get you first though. You might be a beautiful color from all your time outside but it can get pretty harsh on your skin despite that out here." she said, flicking the cap open with the tip of her tail and squeezing the bottle just a bit so a small dollop was in her palm. Of course, the pixie was free to fly away the whole time but it would also be missing out on another of the muse's thinly veiled attempts to get her hands on the little fey.

Moving to where the bottle was hovering over Misha, Riss playfully batted her eyes at her nereid and asked "So will you be wanting help?" Despite the offer, though, the muse secretly hoped the answer would be 'no.' But there was nothing wrong with wanting a little pampering now was there?

Old Shack I forgot about

It's really up to the person himself or herself or itself or themselves. Whether or not you're accepted is up to the people in charge. Like they'll accept a kleptomaniac but not a person who only stole something.
    Celica explains, crossing her legs.

[Shack]

Well that was... Nonsensical? Ghoul wasn't sure exactly what sort of group would do that but she suspected she was just getting the abridged version sans the humorous parody that seemed to be popular these days. Still, she was able to wrangle some sort of sense from the succinct description. "So it's more after a repeat offender sort of thing they're trying to correct?" she hazarded. "Or are we just talking maybe psychological issues here?" Both made sense in context, really.

There was one other thing that had been previously said which bothered her, though. "In either case, though... Just who is the arbiter of what is 'evil,' anyway?" Because that was a pretty arbitrary term to throw around given how often it changed with the speaker using it. I just hope this doesn't get all philosophical. Hate doing that after a crap meal. That was another thing she had noticed. While preserved blood would do the trick and sate her thirst, she would compare it to having to eat cold gruel. Really, it just made it all the harder for her to keep her cravings in line when they started to get bad... Especially since... When was that again? She remembered something about going without feeding for quite a long time but for some reason that bit of memory was corrupted. Something to do with a lightning blast and.. Well, she was doing what she could to recover the lost data there but it wasn't a very quick process given the complexity of a brain, after all.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2014-06-27 at 12:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

[Shack]

Well that was... Nonsensical? Ghoul wasn't sure exactly what sort of group would do that but she suspected she was just getting the abridged version sans the humorous parody that seemed to be popular these days. Still, she was able to wrangle some sort of sense from the succinct description. "So it's more after a repeat offender sort of thing they're trying to correct?" she hazarded. "Or are we just talking maybe psychological issues here?" Both made sense in context, really.

There was one other thing that had been previously said which bothered her, though. "In either case, though... Just who is the arbiter of what is 'evil,' anyway?" Because that was a pretty arbitrary term to throw around given how often it changed with the speaker using it. I just hope this doesn't get all philosophical. Hate doing that after a crap meal. That was another thing she had noticed. While preserved blood would do the trick and sate her thirst, she would compare it to having to eat cold gruel. Really, it just made it all the harder for her to keep her cravings in line when they started to get bad... Especially since... When was that again? She remembered something about going without feeding for quite a long time but for some reason that bit of memory was corrupted. Something to do with a lightning blast and.. Well, she was doing what she could to recover the lost data there but it wasn't a very quick process given the complexity of a brain, after all.
    Well, what I mean is a person who does some evil deed out of necessity or whatever once and is regretful of it, no deal. Basically, if you've been an evil person in the eyes of the members of GLoG, then you're accepted.
    Celica replies, smiling slightly.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #7

[Beach Time]

Valente puffs up his chest and stands straighter. "I may be a creature of the night, but for you, love, I will bear the harshest sunlight and the itchiest of sunburn." He boldly proclaims.
    Isle of Yorichi

"Maybe you can kill the next one," Krait offers with a pat on Aric's shoulder, as they continue along on their journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Isle of Yorichi

Aric sheathes his blade with a surprising lack of flourish, opting to instead raise an eyebrow at the goblin's bipolar shift in attitude.
    He does appreciate Krait's gesture, and replies with just a hint of remorse, though for the most part he's just joking. One can only hope, my friend.
    He had done his job and defended the sorceress thus far, Aric would just have to make sure none of those golems made it inside.
    Isle of Yorichi

Funny, goblins are known for that.
    After leaving the goblin in his earthly prison Cessie takes a look around. "I believe this is it, the forge should be right underneath us. So if you would just help me with the documentation we will finally be out of this place." While ancient ruins were interesting murderous 50 feet golems were less so and Cessie only really needed what was in this ziggurat. "You did bring along cameras right? Since I need a lot of photos." She casually comments while starting to walk around the room, eventually finding some rather impressive-looking stairs leading further down into the ziggurat. Disappointingly there won't actually encounter any more ancient guardians, traps, monkeys or goblins. Guess whoever made this place blew their budget on the murder-golems outside.

That's not to say they spared money on the ambiance, the great forge in the bottom chamber of the ziggurat looks like a giant crematory. "So here they must have burned the bodies..." Cessie comments to herself. Then Krait and Aric might be able to hear the distinctive sounds of the golems starting to move again outside and it sounds like they're coming closer. There is also a backdoor out of the ziggurat but it's not very distinctive as it's the same color as the walls, being meant to be hidden for the casual observer. Years of rain an erosion have made it slightly more distinctive however.

[Beach Time]

That makes Astrana laugh loudly as she pulls her boyfriend into a hug. "So brave, so courageous, what would I ever do with you my fierce Prince of the night?"

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Lysandra looks dubiously up from her lounging and says, "Uh-huh. And what give you the right to abandon your own children, in the Hunting Grounds of all places, Magtok? Or did you want to kill us all along?"
    "Last I checked, you can't find silver in the middle of the woods, and the only thing that could kill Sophia is a chop to the back of the neck, which you'd be more than capable of preventing if you were riding on her shoulder. Going to the Hunting Grounds was your idea in the first place, anyways." It's too late for Magtok to answer that exit strategy question now, with Lysandra's werewolf ears close enough to hear whatever he might whisper.

Spoiler: Isle of Yorichi
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Isle of Yorichi

After leaving the goblin in his earthly prison Cessie takes a look around. "I believe this is it, the forge should be right underneath us. So if you would just help me with the documentation we will finally be out of this place." While ancient ruins were interesting murderous 50 feet golems were less so and Cessie only really needed what was in this ziggurat. "You did bring along cameras right? Since I need a lot of photos." She casually comments while starting to walk around the room, eventually finding some rather impressive-looking stairs leading further down into the ziggurat. Disappointingly there won't actually encounter any more ancient guardians, traps, monkeys or goblins. Guess whoever made this place blew their budget on the murder-golems outside.

That's not to say they spared money on the ambiance, the great forge in the bottom chamber of the ziggurat looks like a giant crematory. "So here they must have burned the bodies..." Cessie comments to herself. Then Krait and Aric might be able to hear the distinctive sounds of the golems starting to move again outside and it sounds like they're coming closer. There is also a backdoor out of the ziggurat but it's not very distinctive as it's the same color as the walls, being meant to be hidden for the casual observer. Years of rain an erosion have made it slightly more distinctive however.

"The giants approach. Your archaeological findings must be expedited," Krait points out,
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #9

Sophia, her face contorted in rage, charges towards Happy, attempting to push her down and pummel her.
    I GODDAMN APOLOGIZED FOR THAT, AND THAT HORRIBLE SKINLESS MONSTER WAS ONE OF THE LAST HOPES OF HUMANITY BACK HOME, YOU BITCH!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Coveside

Misha giggles, "You're looking at it the wrong way, little lover. It's sitting around naked, surrounded by a whole bunch of Riss, plus one of me, also naked in the bright, hot sun that makes sweat shine and glimmer on all their bodies..." She trails off enticingly, not actually sure if Riss' bodies actually require sweating as a heat regulation system anymore.

"And of course, before that, you have to rub sun screen all over them to keep them from burning, running your hands over each and every part of all of their bodies as thoroughly as possible." Why did Misha waste her time with all this biology research and special effects miniatures when her true calling was clearly harlequin romance writing?

"And if you get bored after that, you can always get up at any time and fly around, go fishing, or play around in the water. Sunning doesn't last forever after all."
    [Coveside]

Riss tittered at Misha's little explanation before she went on to say: "I don't know about you, Mimi, but from that description I think I'd need a quick dip to cool down simply from getting the sunblock on if I know anything about Vitae's... Handywork." she said, propping herself up on her side so she could teasingly punctuate her last word with an attempt to tickle her nereid's ribs. However, it didn't keep her from grabbing a bottle of the stuff with her tail and dangling it over the shoulder of the form that had been holding Mimi. "I think we should get you first though. You might be a beautiful color from all your time outside but it can get pretty harsh on your skin despite that out here." she said, flicking the cap open with the tip of her tail and squeezing the bottle just a bit so a small dollop was in her palm. Of course, the pixie was free to fly away the whole time but it would also be missing out on another of the muse's thinly veiled attempts to get her hands on the little fey.

Moving to where the bottle was hovering over Misha, Riss playfully batted her eyes at her nereid and asked "So will you be wanting help?" Despite the offer, though, the muse secretly hoped the answer would be 'no.' But there was nothing wrong with wanting a little pampering now was there?
    [Coveside]

"Still sitting around." Mimi sticks her tongue out at Misha, none too seriously. Sure Riss and Misha are totally hot, but she'd be bored out of her mind if they weren't doing something.

Speaking of something, though. Mimi giggles at Riss and grins. "Okay, fine. I can sit long enough for you to do that." She doesn't even bother to ask why she should put that stuff on anyway. She's never used sun screen in her life!

[Beach Time]

That makes Astrana laugh loudly as she pulls her boyfriend into a hug. "So brave, so courageous, what would I ever do with you my fierce Prince of the night?"
    [Beach Time]

Valente chuckles. "Brave and courageous, that's me." His pale cheeks colour faintly, but his smile doesn't falter. "And fierce, too. Definitely fierce. Don't let what I'm going to ask next mess that image up, but you did pick up the waterproof sunscreen, right?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Halfling in the Playground

Spoiler: Quotebox
    Show
    Isle of Yorichi

Isle of Yorichi

"The giants approach. Your archaeological findings must be expedited," Krait points out,

Isle of Yorichi

Sigh, looks like Aric's part of the excitement was over...or maybe not.
    He nods in agreement with the kobold before verbally confirming, Krait speaks truly, I believe the golems may be nearing the temple...and then it's asked if he has a camera.
    The knight reaches inside his haversack, elbow deep inside the relatively small bag until he retrieves a cell phone. Um, it has a camera, I think, if you can figure out how to use it then feel free to do so.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Olde Timey Seaside Holiday

"Last I checked, you can't find silver in the middle of the woods, and the only thing that could kill Sophia is a chop to the back of the neck, which you'd be more than capable of preventing if you were riding on her shoulder. Going to the Hunting Grounds was your idea in the first place, anyways." It's too late for Magtok to answer that exit strategy question now, with Lysandra's werewolf ears close enough to hear whatever he might whisper.
    Sophia, her face contorted in rage, charges towards Happy, attempting to push her down and pummel her.
    I GODDAMN APOLOGIZED FOR THAT, AND THAT HORRIBLE SKINLESS MONSTER WAS ONE OF THE LAST HOPES OF HUMANITY BACK HOME, YOU BITCH!
    Since Happy and Magtok were holding hands, he's very much in the line of angry Titan fire. Happy grabs him and spins the two of them out of the way of the rage-induced charge. Should Sophia change trajectories, she'll have a difficult time knocking down Happy without taking Magtok too. "You two are fudging scary, and Magtok's NOT your father!"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-06-28 at 04:48 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #13

Isle of Yorichi

The sorceress nods, having heard the loud thumps as well, and starts looking around. "Good, then take as many photos you can, then we get out of here as quickly as possible. I might be able to blast our way out." So now you can damage priceless architecture eh?

It sounds like the golems are really close by now, doing something near the ziggurat.

[Beach Time]

"Of course I did, I still remember our first time at the beach so I came prepared for everything that might cause you harm." Astrana says with a wry smile, apparently teasing him.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Time]

"Well I'm glad you're looking out for me, because I forgot to check." Valente says. Now he can actually go swimming! He takes her hand and starts heading toward the water. "I feel like that might invalidate that brave and fierce image, though."

15. - Top - End - #15

[Coveside]

[Coveside]

"Still sitting around." Mimi sticks her tongue out at Misha, none too seriously. Sure Riss and Misha are totally hot, but she'd be bored out of her mind if they weren't doing something.

Speaking of something, though. Mimi giggles at Riss and grins. "Okay, fine. I can sit long enough for you to do that." She doesn't even bother to ask why she should put that stuff on anyway. She's never used sun screen in her life!
    Coveside

Then that'll probably a cold, wet, and sticky experience for her! Misha squirms away from the tail, but shakes her head at the offer of sunscreen, "No, I don't burn, I evaporate! And there's plenty water here to make up for that. However..." She grins and tries to snag a bottle of the sunscreen, "I'd love to make sure none of your bodies burn up." This time the pampering is on the other foot! Or many, many feet in this case.

"Mimi, once this is done do you think you could use your rings? You'll catch more of the sun that way, and it'll be easier to spot you if you go swimming and the water gets rough." That'd be really awful. These are unfamiliar waters, and Misha knows how dangerous they can be even unensorcelled.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Since Happy and Magtok were holding hands, he's very much in the line of angry Titan fire. Happy grabs him and spins the two of them out of the way of the rage-induced charge. Should Sophia change trajectories, she'll have a difficult time knocking down Happy without taking Magtok too. "You two are fudging scary, and Magtok's NOT your father!"
    Lysandra stands up, tries to put her hands on Sophia's shoulders, trying to stop her charge. If she's sucessful, she'll say quietly to her sister, "I'll handle it," before strolling over to Happy and trying to casually slap her across the face, and saying, "I thought we discussed what would happen if you talked about that again."

17. - Top - End - #17

Isle of Yorichi

The sorceress nods, having heard the loud thumps as well, and starts looking around. "Good, then take as many photos you can, then we get out of here as quickly as possible. I might be able to blast our way out." So now you can damage priceless architecture eh?

It sounds like the golems are really close by now, doing something near the ziggurat.
    "Our minutes are numbered. It would be better to have the exit available now, than to wait until we are in dire need of it," Krait insists, feeling terribly vulnerable, with his polearm lost in the wilderness somewhere. He wonders if Cessie is going to have them go back for that one goblin, but isn't terribly worried either way. Their guide wasn't really expected to come out of this alive anyways, after all.

Skipping my turn this time. Magtok's response to the situation would depend on whether or not Sophia's charge is stopped, and also if Lysandra successfully steps past him to slap Happy.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #18

Lysandra stands up, tries to put her hands on Sophia's shoulders, trying to stop her charge. If she's sucessful, she'll say quietly to her sister, "I'll handle it," before strolling over to Happy and trying to casually slap her across the face, and saying, "I thought we discussed what would happen if you talked about that again."
    She fails, and Sophia, failing to change trajectory well enough to hit Happy fully, manages to, with enough force to break Sophia's hand if it contacts, swing a punch towards Happy's face, aiming for her blindspot.
    One must sacrifice something to change anything, and if it's my humanity that I must sacrifice to defeat the monsters that inhabit this world, whether they be true monsters or monsters who happen to have been born as a member of a sentient race!
    She replies, gritting her teeth if she hit to endure the pain and attempting to strike Happy in the back of the head with a swinging arm.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Isle of Yorichi

Isle of Yorichi

"Our minutes are numbered. It would be better to have the exit available now, than to wait until we are in dire need of it," Krait insists, feeling terribly vulnerable, with his polearm lost in the wilderness somewhere. He wonders if Cessie is going to have them go back for that one goblin, but isn't terribly worried either way. Their guide wasn't really expected to come out of this alive anyways, after all.
    Isle of Yorichi

Whether Aric registered some part of Krait's discomfort, or simply needed both his hands, will never be known. The knight simply asks the kobold to hold his spear for him while he figures out the controls on his camera phone and (as quickly as he can) takes pictures of everything that looks remotely useful, unfortunately, the lighting is amazing, and some of the pictures will probably end up blurry due to shaky hands.
    Once a minute or so has past, he'll put his phone away, though he won't ask for the spear back, before suggesting the party move onward.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #20

[Coveside]

"No, I meant... Ah, well you got it in the end anyway." the muse said with a mild shrug as she let the bottle slide from her grasp. Rolling on to her stomach, she tossed her head to keep her hair from getting in the way of Misha's ministrations although the difference in heat from when it had still lain on her skin made her consider the option of getting a trim. Not like it would last more than a week with how fast this mane grows..

Mimi, on the other hand, would be seen to with care but although there was some teasing on Riss' part as she applied the sun screen, the muse was just clinical enough to make things quick so the pixie could get to the whole 'doing things' she was after. "That reminds me.." she said at Misha's suggestion. It was really just a way to leap onto a related topic rather than actually 'remembering' something, of course, but she decided to let semantics and a turn of phrase be rather than internally debate over if such a term could even be applicable to her degree of data retention. "I brought along your suit if you wanted to go diving, my wisp. I've done a little tinkering with it so it should feel a bit more natural when using your wings as fins as I remember you saying it felt a little stiff with the automatic assistance." she said.

All around them, though, Riss was busy setting up what looked like a charcoal pit as well as a few fairly large umbrellas in the sand. A sizable cooler was lugged out of the trunk as well and handled surprisingly gingerly despite it's robust exterior. Probably there was something breakable in there. There was still a small package left in the back but it seemed to be unimportant as it was simply left behind as the lid of the trunk hissed closed.

[The Shack]

Ghoul laughed at the answer but quickly explained why. "Not quite what I mean. See, with any organization, they have their own rules and code and all of that, right? 'Evil' is.. Kind of an ambiguous term depending on who's using it so what I mean is who determines what is 'evil.'" she said, making air quotes around the word. "Cause I can probably come up with seventy different things with two equally valid but diametrically opposed viewpoints on the spot and I'd rather like to know how they go about determining judgements when things get heavy... Or how they might deal with people who might have systems of thought that could be incompatible with theirs, for instance." she said, immediately biting her tongue mentally as this was veering off into territory she had explicitly hoped it wouldn't get into.

Really, she felt she had a firm enough grasp on how the moral norms seemed to be here but they still felt alien in ways. Given what she knew, however, she was rather reticent in her own expressions given how there were some important ways that things ran a bit... Counter to what was considered 'acceptable.'

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Isle of Yorichi

Whether Aric registered some part of Krait's discomfort, or simply needed both his hands, will never be known. The knight simply asks the kobold to hold his spear for him while he figures out the controls on his camera phone and (as quickly as he can) takes pictures of everything that looks remotely useful, unfortunately, the lighting is amazing, and some of the pictures will probably end up blurry due to shaky hands.
    Once a minute or so has past, he'll put his phone away, though he won't ask for the spear back, before suggesting the party move onward.
    [Beach Time]

"Well I'm glad you're looking out for me, because I forgot to check." Valente says. Now he can actually go swimming! He takes her hand and starts heading toward the water. "I feel like that might invalidate that brave and fierce image, though."
    [Beach Time]

Astrana giggles. "Don't worry yourself about proving that to me Val, you've shown plenty of bravery." Maybe not that much fierceness though.

Isle of Yorichi

"Okay, let's get out of here. Brace yourself." And so the sorceress blasts through the ziggurat walls which promptly signals their escape. However once they're outside they will notice that they just ran in between the legs of one of the golems which seem to have heard the explosion and is slowly turning around. There are in fact fiv golems standing around the ziggurat and more approaching. It appears that they have gathered all the pieces of their fallen comrade and placed them inside the ziggurat through the open ceiling.

Now however they're all turning to look at them and while the expressions don't change, Krait and Aric might get the feeling that they're rather angry.

"...you have anything that can make us run faster?!" The sorceress asks while taking Artaris for not having a dress today. They were impossible to run in.

22. - Top - End - #22

((Posting out of order with godmod permission/nudging from Happy))

Magtok isn't about to let a third fight break out between his girls and his lady. He moves to intercept Sophia and/or Lysandra's strikes, not particularly caring that Happy is supposed to be the barbarian meatshield, and that his own wimpy face is hardly suitable for this kind of combat. Especially not the right side of his face, which unfortunately, is the side that's directly in the line of fire here.

"No," he answers simply, "cut that **** out." He raises a hand, but doesn't attempt to strike back against anyone. Whatever everyone's differences are, they can be settled without beating the **** out of anyone.

Isle of Yorichi

Krait hands that spear back to Aric, whether he wants it back or not. Krait doesn't need your pity, human. Even unarmed, he is more than a match for any living, unliving, or non-living entity on this island. In fact, he'd prove it right here and now, but he's just a little bit preoccupied right now.

"The gods have not yet seen fit to bless me with wings, Mithar. Running away from danger was not to be one of my specialties."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-06-30 at 08:41 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously....
    Show

Skipping my turn this time. Magtok's response to the situation would depend on whether or not Sophia's charge is stopped, and also if Lysandra successfully steps past him to slap Happy.

She fails, and Sophia, failing to change trajectory well enough to hit Happy fully, manages to, with enough force to break Sophia's hand if it contacts, swing a punch towards Happy's face, aiming for her blindspot.
    One must sacrifice something to change anything, and if it's my humanity that I must sacrifice to defeat the monsters that inhabit this world, whether they be true monsters or monsters who happen to have been born as a member of a sentient race!
    She replies, gritting her teeth if she hit to endure the pain and attempting to strike Happy in the back of the head with a swinging arm.

((Posting out of order with godmod permission/nudging from Happy))

Magtok isn't about to let a third fight break out between his girls and his lady. He moves to intercept Sophia and/or Lysandra's strikes, not particularly caring that Happy is supposed to be the barbarian meatshield, and that his own wimpy face is hardly suitable for this kind of combat. Especially not the right side of his face, which unfortunately, is the side that's directly in the line of fire here.

"No," he answers simply, "cut that **** out." He raises a hand, but doesn't attempt to strike back against anyone. Whatever everyone's differences are, they can be settled without beating the **** out of anyone.

Happy is trying to cover Magtok at the same time Magtok is trying to cover Happy, so that's probably pretty comical, especially with those outfits. It think that means Magtok got punched in the face with the hand-breaking fist of brokenness , Happy got hit with the backswing, and Lysandra's casual slap landed who knows where.

The four of them would probably be making a Big Ball of Violence except that it's mostly just Sophia who is out of control. Lysandra was just making a single, non blood-drawing attack, Magtok and Happy are just defending.

Happy would normally be thrilled to just leap in and show Sophia a thing or two except for three things. First, not attacking gives her the moral high ground. So far in all three fights they've had, one of the sisters attacked first. Second, she isn't entirely sure she could take on Sophia's Titan form, especially if Lysandra joined in, and especially with Happy being one-eyed. And third, Magtok just got his face smashed in.

"Lysonder, handle her!"
    Happy bellows, and tries to pull Magtok behind the cover of a bathing machine so she can look at his face. "Magtok, hon, how bad is it?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-06-30 at 02:07 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #24

Isle of Yorichi

Aric takes the spear back without a word, only to see Cessie shatter the wall and expose them to their enemies.
    Flying shield! He blurts, tossing the object at Krait. Take the Lady Mithar away. This time I'll be the distraction.
    He can't really die to any method of theirs, so what's to lose? Also, his Murynstil spear is tougher than their iron hides..though the fearblaze may be more useful here.
    Either way, he draws both of the weapons and begins to rapidly attack the legs of the massive constructs before running the opposite direction of wherever the other two party members decide to flee.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Coveside

Then that'll probably a cold, wet, and sticky experience for her! Misha squirms away from the tail, but shakes her head at the offer of sunscreen, "No, I don't burn, I evaporate! And there's plenty water here to make up for that. However..." She grins and tries to snag a bottle of the sunscreen, "I'd love to make sure none of your bodies burn up." This time the pampering is on the other foot! Or many, many feet in this case.

"Mimi, once this is done do you think you could use your rings? You'll catch more of the sun that way, and it'll be easier to spot you if you go swimming and the water gets rough." That'd be really awful. These are unfamiliar waters, and Misha knows how dangerous they can be even unensorcelled.
    [Coveside]

"No, I meant... Ah, well you got it in the end anyway." the muse said with a mild shrug as she let the bottle slide from her grasp. Rolling on to her stomach, she tossed her head to keep her hair from getting in the way of Misha's ministrations although the difference in heat from when it had still lain on her skin made her consider the option of getting a trim. Not like it would last more than a week with how fast this mane grows..

Mimi, on the other hand, would be seen to with care but although there was some teasing on Riss' part as she applied the sun screen, the muse was just clinical enough to make things quick so the pixie could get to the whole 'doing things' she was after. "That reminds me.." she said at Misha's suggestion. It was really just a way to leap onto a related topic rather than actually 'remembering' something, of course, but she decided to let semantics and a turn of phrase be rather than internally debate over if such a term could even be applicable to her degree of data retention. "I brought along your suit if you wanted to go diving, my wisp. I've done a little tinkering with it so it should feel a bit more natural when using your wings as fins as I remember you saying it felt a little stiff with the automatic assistance." she said.

All around them, though, Riss was busy setting up what looked like a charcoal pit as well as a few fairly large umbrellas in the sand. A sizable cooler was lugged out of the trunk as well and handled surprisingly gingerly despite it's robust exterior. Probably there was something breakable in there. There was still a small package left in the back but it seemed to be unimportant as it was simply left behind as the lid of the trunk hissed closed.
    [Coveside]

"I guess so. Dunno why you need to spot me, though." Mimi can't deny that she enjoys the feeling on Riss' hands running over her skin, and the muse keeps it short enough that the enjoyment fades in favour of restlessness. "Oh yeah? That's good. It was really weird before. I guess it'll always be weird, but hopefully it'll be better." She's sure Riss can figure out how to make it as tolerable as possible. Water is just nothing like air, though.

[Beach Time]

Astrana giggles. "Don't worry yourself about proving that to me Val, you've shown plenty of bravery." Maybe not that much fierceness though.
    [Beach Time]

"Oh good, I was worried I ruined that image for a moment." Valente laughs carelessly. As they get into the water, he grabs her hand and hurries her a little ways in. "The water feels great, doesn't it?" Cold, but that's good on such a hot day.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

((I'm so sorry about this; I have no idea how I forgot!))

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Boardwalk Park

Riley looks over a line of game booths and arcades. Air gun ranges, water guns, darts, throwing games, puzzles, coin drops, the works. Riley's new to all this just as much as Agape, but he's trying to get into it as best he can. He looks over prizes at a dart game, his eyes passing over plushies and boxes of candies and massive inflatable dolphins.

"Well...maybe, uh...Tell me if you see a prize you like?"
    Candies she isn't interested in, preferring sour to sweet food. She sees absolutely no point in the inflatable dolphins, either, but the plushies... Well.

Agape will look around for both a game that looks quite easy and has big plush prizes.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #27

Seaside Holiday

Sophia, a steaming fist healing currently, stands there with a furious visage.
    You think you know what a monster is like, you bitch? What the hell gives you the right to deem what a monster is?!
    She shouts angrily.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Lysandra takes a deep breath, and then shouts, "SOPHIA! CALM THE F*** DOWN!" She then continues, slightly more calmly, "What's gotten into you?! What are you talking about!?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Happy would normally be thrilled to just leap in and show Sophia a thing or two except for three things. First, not attacking gives her the moral high ground. So far in all three fights they've had, one of the sisters attacked first. Second, she isn't entirely sure she could take on Sophia's Titan form, especially if Lysandra joined in, and especially with Happy being one-eyed. And third, Magtok just got his face smashed in.

"Lysonder, handle her!"
    Happy bellows, and tries to pull Magtok behind the cover of a bathing machine so she can look at his face. "Magtok, hon, how bad is it?"
    "I've been hit with worse," Magtok attempts to say. Attempts is the key word here. It winds up sounding like nonsensical gibberish, because talking with a broken nose, a mouth full of blood, and a very swollen cheek isn't easy. He leans heavily on Happy, struggling to stay vertical, as his sense of balance has been completely thrown off. He turns his head to spit out that blood, and winces as he does so, the mere act of turning his head and spitting a colossal pain.

"Nog bab. Ahm kay. Juffa fesh woumd." Magtok, now is not the time for over-quoted Monty Python references!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Seaside Holiday

Spoiler: Previously....
    Show
    Seaside Holiday

Sophia, a steaming fist healing currently, stands there with a furious visage.
    You think you know what a monster is like, you bitch? What the hell gives you the right to deem what a monster is?!
    She shouts angrily.
    Lysandra takes a deep breath, and then shouts, "SOPHIA! CALM THE F*** DOWN!" She then continues, slightly more calmly, "What's gotten into you?! What are you talking about!?"
    "I've been hit with worse," Magtok attempts to say. Attempts is the key word here. It winds up sounding like nonsensical gibberish, because talking with a broken nose, a mouth full of blood, and a very swollen cheek isn't easy. He leans heavily on Happy, struggling to stay vertical, as his sense of balance has been completely thrown off. He turns his head to spit out that blood, and winces as he does so, the mere act of turning his head and spitting a colossal pain.

"Nog bab. Ahm kay. Juffa fesh woumd." Magtok, now is not the time for over-quoted Monty Python references!

"Any nausea? Sleepiness? Can you follow my finger with your eyes?"
    She moves her finger back and forth to check the latter. Honestly, Happy, checking him out for concussion? I mean, come on. This is Magtok, the top neurologist in the Nexus. You think he doesn't have a brain status app running at all times?

She misses the sight of the steaming fist, being on the far side of the bathing machine, but she does hear Sophia continuing to rant about... well, Happy isn't actually sure, except something about monsters, and that she (and not Lysandra, as one might expect) is a bitch.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2014-07-03 at 08:34 AM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs