New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The purple blood of the Nobilitas [IC]

Electra nods and says, "The innocent have nothing to fear. I am sorry about what happened to your friend. Rest assured that the one behind this will face my full wrath."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobayashi Riko

Brushing her wet hair from her face with a grimace, Riko glances around the area and shrugs, muttering to herself. "Certainly looks like a morbid place..."

She walks up to the gate and knocks/rings whatever device is used to signify someone's presence. Or if there is none, she will simply bang on the gates. "Hello?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2014-09-02 at 03:50 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Claire
    Show

Spot/listen + K.Local would cover it.

Spoiler: Electra
    Show

The man smiles as he bobs his head like a grinning idiot, he thanks you profusely, and then leaves (if allowed) almost running out the door.

What now?

Spoiler: Kobayashi Riko
    Show

You walk up to the gates and bang on them to alert anyone of your presence, or you want to enter the holding.

After a few moments, you here a dog bark from somewhere inside the house, and some scuffling, the sound of closing and opening doors, and windows, and then eventually an older gentlemen walks out to greet you, covering his head with a piece of the cities newspaper.

"Oh aye, what is it that you be needin from me today?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Off to the 'Speckled Holed Hen'! Electra strolls out of the temple, nodding to the other priests as makes her way out to the street, then unfurls her cloak as it becomes wings as she flies off towards the Tavern.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Evander
    Show
    Coughs slightly, as he exits the city watch offices and turns into the alleyway behind the building.. As per usual forthrightness gets us nowhere. His form generally concealed by the shadows Evander leaps to the roof of the building and makes his way to the Allwell Family Warehouse. All the while he took pains to ensure that he was not noticed even more so as he got closer to his destination.

Spoiler: Stealth Rolls
    Show
    Hide = (1d20+25)[31]
    Move Silently = (1d20+25)[30]
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Show

You lift off with your wings pumping the air as the startled looks of the clerics frown with disapproval, at your candid death of a commoner, interrogation and blatant display of magic.

It takes you only half an hour to get to the area of city, an area that is much more run down, and decrepit than you are used to, setting down on Beech street the Speckled Holed Hen is down the street, its sign moving back and forth from the rain that suddenly sprang up.

Show

You pull yourself up on to the roof without cause and make your way easily through the city without the usual slowness due to street turns and other people. As you travel towards the Allwell warehouse, you see someone flying in a similar direction, albeit slightly off from your destination. As you approach your destination, you can still see the winged person, and luck would have it as slip down from the roof, rain begins to pour down, blurring your view of the person, although, you did see where they were if you wanted to check them out.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Electra steps into the run-down bar, and calmly walks to the bartender and asks, "Hello, there. I'm looking for a friend of mine. He was talking to someone named Jiggs the other day. Short fellow, a bit weird looking. You seen him?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+27)[37]
    Diplomacy: (1d20+11)[19]

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    Spoiler: Ranaius
    Show
    "Regler, aye, but no' regler nuff to notice sometin' sweet as yasself. But dey got lotsa goods fer a sweet thin' sucha yasself." He steps a bit closer at your warm greeting. His breath, reaching across the gap between you, is sour, and old, and the kind of thing that disease aspires to. "Why don' I an' you go find a bett'r place for I an' you to talk aboot good thins' for a sweety like ya, aye?"
    She repressed a sigh. "I was just asking 'bout good eatin ya know." She pauses for a very brief moment to contemplate a lie. "I find m'self fancin' someone I seen comin' here quite a lot. I was sorta hopin' to run inta 'im today. 'is name is Rexen, 'eard of 'im?"
    Spoiler: Bluff Check
    Show
    (1d20+24)[29]
    My pronouns are they/them, but I don't care much.

My PbP Characters:
    Ailian Sunblazer

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69

Show
    This cannot be a coincidence, Evander thinks as he turns to give chase to the winged person. As they drop down from the roof, Evander remaining hidden peeks over the eaves to observe.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

"....sir, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your son's, dead..." Claire says as calmly as she could.
    Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-09-21 at 02:09 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

11. - Top - End - #71

Kobayashi Riko

With a smile, Riko waves to him and nods. "I'm here to investigate two suspected murders. Roderic Von Haughen and Gralthy the Grimy. May I come in?"

She watches him carefully for his reaction.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+29)[49]
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Ranaius
    Show
    The man pauses for a moment, trying to put you into focus. "Wassa... wassa sweet thin' wan' with sucha salty bas'ad, ay? We gots bet'tuh comp'ny righ' ovuh here at my table, sweetin'."

Spoiler: Claire
    Show
    A spell exists by the name of Time Stop. A powerful thing, you know this to be true, pausing the world around you, giving a powerful mage more time to prepare for conflict, pausing and holding a moment three times as long as it should. But sometimes, one moment is enough. And sometimes, one moment is too much. The man, this Ex-Father, as it is written on his face, crumples. You can see it, clear as day, clear as his face contorts as it tries to argue against itself, as he tries to hold composure. One moment is enough to break him. What does a man of this status has to call his own? Does he own his home? No, someone can come and claim it at a moment's notice. Does he own his life? For now, but it is as temporary as his home, sometimes literally. Does he own his own children? Up until he owns a corpse. He falls to your floor, you can hear his breathing ragged, you can hear tears being choked back, and stifling him. On his hands and knees, this man is shaking, quiet tears falling to the ground, filling the sudden emptiness in your domicile.
    Just finding my roots again.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Words were not sufficient for this grieving father. Though the lack of need was a small silver lining, she had gotten worse with words over the years, words were never needed with Riko, their relationship was almost silent to outside ears, everything was shared through their bond.

She approached the grieving father, helping him to his feet and into a chair. After some time, she broke the silence, "sir, I swear, I'll do my best" a hand on his shoulder.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Show

You enter the Speckled Holed Hen, and you would have managed to do it casually any other day, however not today, you were not prepared, or perhaps, it slipped your mind, for what the interior of a slum bar would look like.

And then there's you, wings an all standing in the door way, rain pelting outside.

And thunder.

It cracks through the air, highlighting your presence to the scum of the city like some angry god, all eyes are upon you as you make your presence known.

You can see several reflective eyes from the darkness, still glowing from the lightning, tell tale of their ability to see in the dark, others are plainly alarmed, surprised and scared. It's not everyday someone like you comes to their part of town.

The bartender almost slides his way toward you, keeping a thin profile, to protect him from your wrath.
    "Y..y..y..yes? O..ow c..can I elp yur?" he stammers out, all eyes, still on you.

Spoiler: Ahus
    Show

You follow the winged person down to Beech street, the draconic being walks down the street and enters the Speckled Holed Hen, lighting strikes through the sky, sending the rain into a piercing fervor, he pauses in the doorway, as if he hesitated before going in.

The sign whips back and forth as the rain pelts down, the door closes quietly behind the stranger and the street seems darker.

Spoiler: Riko
    Show

The older gentlemen frowns at your statement, pulls the pipe out his mouth with one hand and scratches his head.

Lightning rolls through the city, a big fork jutting out and stuttering over the bay.

Shadows dance in the new light, making the old man seem like something he is not, you don't get any sense he is, or that he is withholding anything.

He motions for you to come inside, "Come inside, we can talk where its warm and dry, I have some spiced ale on the stove, would you care for some?"

Assuming you follow, he takes you inside to the main foyer, which was eloquently carved with all manner of natural woods, predominately a deep rusty red wood, he guides you to the right, which takes you down a hallway carefully hidden, seemingly a servants entrance, and takes you to another room, sparsely furnished with a table and 4 chairs, a fire spits in the corner and another door leads to what you can only assume to be the kitchen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

15. - Top - End - #75

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Spoiler: Ahus
    Show

You follow the winged person down to Beech street, the draconic being walks down the street and enters the Speckled Holed Hen, lighting strikes through the sky, sending the rain into a piercing fervor, he pauses in the doorway, as if he hesitated before going in.

The sign whips back and forth as the rain pelts down, the door closes quietly behind the stranger and the street seems darker.
    Show

As the door closes, Evander leaps down from his perch on the roof landing in the middle of Beech street. Though his flight slowed his descent he still landed with impact and a splash of water rising around him. As the water falls back to its place on the street Evander rises from his crouch, and wipes the water off his brow, and follows the winged creature into the Speckled Hen

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Electra gives the man a Look that says, 'Are you simple?' before repeating her statement, "I'm looking for a guy that was talking to Jiggs the other day. Know who it was?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

In a dark corner of the Speckled Holed Hen a set of eyes turn away from the stranger who so mysteriously appeared in the doorway, accompanied by thunder.

It was a bad omen, a bad omen indeed.

Ignoring his own thoughts on the matter, he sent the signal as he was told to do, alerting a certain mage, under a certain someones coinage.

<<Someone is looking for Jiggs in the Speckled Hen>> He thought in his head, while rubbing the gold stag he was given to do such a thing.

An instant later, a noble and high lilting voice came to in his own mind. <<Thankyou goodser>>

Ribald always hated talking to Zordrick, he hated the fancy elven talk, and the way he sung when he did, he hated most things, but he hated this most of all.

But the coin was good, so he had that going for him.

Moments later, a fanciful elf, with a shortsword on his hip *popped* into existence next to Claire and smiled.

Claire looked at him suddenly, not aware he was going to make an appearance, "Has something happened?" she asked, ignoring the grieving peasant for a moment.

"Indubitably, seems the name Jiggs has come up somewhere in town." he said, smiling while bowling deeply to the woman.

Claire nods and frowns, turning to the man crying, she slumps slightly, her mouth bowing into a sincere look of compassion, "I am terribly sorry, but I have to go, you can go to my assistant in the next room, and he will give you a gold piece for your troubles, I am so sorry...really." With that, Zordrick places a hand her shoulder as she mentally contacts her associate.

<<Deary, we've got a pull on one of our lines, time to go>>

Riko looks at the man, attempting to ascertain what his intentions were, but was more surprised that he followed, and silently like a school boy, he took everything in he could, it was a nice house, and he wasn't surprised when they went off to the side, to the servants kitchen. He must have been the caretaker of the house.

Perhaps no family lived in the city? How did the Law handle no immediate family in regards to land and title?

He asked himself as he stood waiting for the man servant.

And then Claire's mental communique popped into his head. <<Deary, we've got a pull on one of lines, Time to go>>

Speaking aloud "I do apologize, but I must go." and without another word, stepped outside to see Claire and Zordrick waiting for them, the elf almost waiting for him without the impatient look he gave everyone that didn't move with speed of haste. Without even waiting he touched both while speaking a few words, trans-positioning them outside the Speckled Holed Hen.

Both Claire and Riko didn't even look behind them, as they both knew the mage had frozen time, and then teleported out before they even had time to react. But to make sure, Riko tapped his breast pocket and smiled as he felt the receipt that was placed therein, he was expensive, but worth it.

From his vantage point, Evander suddenly saw two 2 strangers appear by the Speckled Holed Hen, out of nowhere for half of a moment, he swore there was 3 people, but he blinked and only saw 2.

As Ranaius is inside the Hairy Mermaid, her brother and sister wait outside, hunkering under the shallow awnings of the street as it begins to rain, both are thinking of heading inside when they see the flying humanoid land and enter the tavern only a block down the street, and then 2 other humanoids blink into existence to the peel of thunder.

Both Leanna and Allanius look at each other and speak at the same time "She would definitely want to know about that!"

Leanna moved to the door of the Hairy Mermaid, and made a chirping sound, much like a cricket, something not all-together unheard of in the city. It acted as their signal while out and about in the city, and not a moment later, their sister exited the tavern frowning at them, "this best be important sister, I had him on the ropes."

Nodding she led her away and explained what they both had seen.

Spoiler
    Show

Hope that works with everyone.
    I'm omitting Neely as the last time he posted was 2+ months ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire smiled as she sees Riko, "How do you want to handle this sweetheart?" she asked telepathically, as she silently approached the door.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79

Riko looked back at Claire and chuckled. "Well, teleportation isn't the most inconspicuous of arrivals, so any sort of true subtlety would be wasted... Shall we head in then?"

She grinned and started walking towards the inn.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Riko is female.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes we shall," Claire replies opening the door allowing Riko to enter before walking in behind her. She rapidly scans the room for threats and the tug that brought them there.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot roll
    (1d20+12)[22]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Riko stepped in and glanced around the room, then back to Claire. "Well? Do you see them?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

One would imagine it would be quite hard to miss the blue half-dragon glowering at the bartender, waiting for answers.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

As you enter the room, you scan it for what you think is a local goon.

But nothing of the sort is apparent. No large built man is haranguing the guests, only small inconsequential patrons, and of course the large half dragon in the middle of the room, waiting and glaring at the barkeep, which is oh so happy to see you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see something, dear" she sent back to Riko confidence seeping through their bond as she approached the half dragon.

"So, I heard you were looking for someone," she commented, just loudly enough for the half dragon to hear as she sat down next to her.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Electra turns her head and nods, saying, "Yeah, looking for information about a guy named Jiggs. Someone sent him to kill me and...Things went badly for him, to put it lightly. Now I'm looking for who sent him."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dynamic Duo
    Show

You have had eyes and ears open for this thug called Jiggs, he keeps himself well hidden, and only comes out to play when someone pays him, or there is good reason to otherwise.

You wanted him for the connection to several crimes, some minor, mostly major, deaths, murders, extortion, you name it
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Claire smiles as she telepathically sent to Riko, "It's confirmed, someone with a run in with Jiggs," celebratory feelings leaking through.

"That's a bit, difficult, he's a hard man to find, I've been keeping a ear out for him, how is he anyway?" she replied to Electra, maintaining a straight face.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88

Riko raises an eyebrow at the mention of Jiggs, then nods to Electra. "And if he's hard to find, you can be sure that the one who sent him would be even harder."

"Still, have you gotten any leads?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Electra nods and says, "I would if someone," she growls at the bartender, "Would tell me if he saw Jiggs talking to someone."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll handle this sweetheart" Claire, telepathically sends over to Riko, shooting a quick glance at the bartender, confidence washing through their bond.

She gets up, approaching the bartender, introducing herself, "Good day sir, I would like to ask you about one of your patrons."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy
    (1d20+22)[38]

Last edited by The_Admiral; 2014-11-22 at 03:05 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show