Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [OoC] Housetrapped Redux

Please repost your info here!
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~
    [S] All: Behold glory of Calamity, who made my sweet Homestuck avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [OoC] Housetrapped Redux

Spoiler: Adam Dresden, Page of Breath
    Show
    Spoiler: Sheet
    Show
    Name: Adam Dresden
    Title: Page of Breath
    Dreamer Type: Prospit (asleep)
    Fetch Modus: Bag of Holding. Can store any number of items and retrieves at-will without error, but all items must fit through the mouth of the very small bag.
    Strife Specibus: Wandkind.
    Strife Theme: Let the Battles Begin, Final Fantasy VII
    Chumhandle: dungeonMastery
    Guardian: Adam lives with his mom. She works as a psychiatrist, and seemingly enjoys how her job helps make people happier. She is extremely devoted to her son and will go to great lengths to be available for Adam whenever she suspects he might need her help--this, combined with her occasional tendency to spoil him due to her love of shopping, does little to help Adam's guilt over feeling like an unduly great burden on her. Nevertheless, he can't imagine a better parent to grow up with.

Spoiler: Sprites
    Show

Spoiler: Intro
    Show
    Your name is ADAM DRESDEN. After much anxious waiting, you have finally come into possession of your copy of the SBURB BETA, and you can't remember being more excited in months. Your fascination with GAMING in general is by far the most significant INTEREST you have, alongside your passion for FANTASY and SCIENCE FICTION literature of all kinds. Nearly every shelf in your BEDROOM is crammed with an assortment of NOVELS, CD CASES, and RPG RULEBOOKS, with other essential paraphernalia--including your prized set of DICE and REPLICA MAGIC WAND--mixed in for variety. Despite it being pretty much completely useless as an actual weapon, you made the decision to apply the WAND to your STRIFE SPECIBUS because it's cool. Besides, you hate STRIFE anyway--violence scares you too much. More and more often recently, you have found yourself feeling TRAPPED in the boredom of real life and wishing for EXCITEMENT and ADVENTURE, but for now, the escapism of your GAMES and GENRE FICTION will have to suffice.

What will you do?

Spoiler: Opinions of Teammates
    Show
    Reno: She's interesting and pretty cool to talk to. Maybe a little overly committed to the whole gangster persona, but you know she doesn't mean any of it seriously and wouldn't really hurt anybody. She's entertaining and never at a loss for words, which is good, but she seems to think you're lacking in backbone and sometimes makes you a little uncomfortable with her "encouragement" to do things you're not sure about. It can be helpful at times when you really want to be convinced, but at other times, you wish she'd just stop and let you stay in your comfort zone.

Max: Hell yes. This guy knows what's up. He's pretty much your best bro on the interwebs. He's always happy to nerd out over awesome games and stuff, and his constant hyperactive quest for new media--which he always makes sure to recommend to you--means you're never short of something to do. He can be a little exhausting to talk to, sometimes, but hey, it's better than being boring, right?

Delaina: Well, she's okay to talk to normally, but...well, she can be kind of a jerk sometimes. Or a lot of the time. She's just so freaking arrogant, and that pisses you off more than just about anything else people can be. Where does she get off thinking she can just stomp all over everybody? But every time you start getting worked up about it you feel like a bad person, because she's so guarded and can't show her true colors, and you know how hard that sucks. You can't help but wonder if the arrogance is just a defense mechanism or something like that, and you'd be curious as hell to find out what she went through to make her like this...
    A 20th level rogue can steal the shirt off a man's back. An epic rogue can steal a man's socks without touching his shoes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Delaina Rollace
    Show
    Name: Delaina Rollace
    Title: Knight of Space
    Dreamer Type: Awake Prospit
    Fetch Modus: Code Modus: Each item you put in has a code, which must be inputted to retrieve the item. Said modus has an unlimited size, but obviously you have to remember the codes.
    Strife Specibus: Cainkind
    Strife Theme: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQIogLBFBs">RULES OF NATURE</a>
    Chumhandle: cynicalScientist
    Guardian: Her old nutty Mom. Pretty badass though. Has a couple shotguns and everything. She's pretty cool. Really, really, really likes technology. To the point where every room has a computer, much to Delaina's delight.
    Current Life & Interests: Lives with her mom, goes to school when she bothers too, and still manages to get decent grades. Loves science, and as such, has a lab in the garage, where she messes with all things sciency. Doesn't really have any friends outside of her online ones, using them for most of her social interaction. Has been waiting with baited breath for the beta to arrive.
    Appearance: Short, with nice rust red hair and some freckles. Generally hangs out in a lab coat or dress shirt and tie. Wears glasses frames even though she doesn't need glasses.
    Personality: Extremely, extremely cocky. At least most of the time. When it comes to pretty much anything of a sentimental nature, be it romance or just talking about feelings, she has absolutely NO clue what to do. She ONLY ever talks to people about that sort of thing somewhat comfortably when she's known them for a good long while. Also tends to be extremely uncomfortable on the subject of one of her legs being hurt from a car accident. As such, she walks with a cane, but pretends it's just for style. Likes science, and rather specifically, physics. Also likes video games. Is also rather cynical.

Spoiler: Thoughts on the crew
    Show
    Reno: Yeah you're crushing pretty friggin' hard on this girl. You even bought a suit and nice hat so she would approve more of you clothes. Really, other than games, you don't have a lot to talk about, since she doesn't really understand theoretical physics, and you don't really understand the mob, but you've been doing some reading. Other than that, great friend. You talk to her about lots of things, and she's the only person you feel open talking about feelings and stuff with. Awesome.
    Max: Hoooo boy is this guy is a total nerd. AND HE IS THE BEST TOTAL NERD EVER. Hands down, no question, best total nerd ever. The guy is awesome to talk to, and you do share a lot of common ground, though sometimes he does get annoyed by your scientific disproving of his science fiction stories and movies.
    Adam: If this dude weren't so far away, you would totally play Dungeons and Dragons with him. He is awesome, and you both share the issue of not having people around to play the cool multiplayer games with. He's a cool dude.
    Cern: Can be an ass, but still pretty fun to hang out with. You do share a lot of interests with him, on the gaming and TV grounds. Cool dude.

Oh, and, with Moonbeam, don't we now have an odd number of players?

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Al Capwn View Post
    Oh, and, with Moonbeam, don't we now have an odd number of players?
    Don't worry, I have plans for that.
    To anyone who's in one of my games, sorry for being a bad inattentive GM. Please PM me if you need a post somewhere.
    ~~~~~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

So I was sort of under the impression that as we started, everyone would have already received their beta copies and arranged this particular time to sit down and play them. Is that the case, or have some people only literally just gotten theirs delivered?

Also, I think it'd be cool to get a memo going with the whole group--I'd think it would be nice for everyone to be in touch with everyone else during the game.
    A 20th level rogue can steal the shirt off a man's back. An epic rogue can steal a man's socks without touching his shoes.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
    So I was sort of under the impression that as we started, everyone would have already received their beta copies and arranged this particular time to sit down and play them. Is that the case, or have some people only literally just gotten theirs delivered?

Also, I think it'd be cool to get a memo going with the whole group--I'd think it would be nice for everyone to be in touch with everyone else during the game.
    Oh, I thought we just had our copies... Should I retcon?
    ~~~~~

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    Oh, I thought we just had our copies... Should I retcon?
    No, definitely not, it's your game. Thanks for clearing it up Even just all having our copies should cut down on necessary shenanigans by a lot.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Max Celeritas, Prince of Time
    Show
    Name: Max Celeritas
    Title: Prince of Time
    Dreamer Type: Derse
    Fetch Modus: Quiz Modus- items are stored in little green cards with questions on them, that can only be opened when you answer them correctly.
    Strife Specibus: Lightsaberkind
    Strife Theme (Optional): Mute City- Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Chumhandle: ScienceSpeedster
    Guardian: Max's Guardian is his Father, while he is a serious worker complete with a black business suit, he for some reason or another doesn't pay much attention to Max and is kind of neglectful. His neglect is such that Max has no idea what the guy is thinking most of the time and Max tries to constantly get his attention but to no avail, the result of his neglect giving Max so much time on his hands.
    Current Life and Interests:
    He resides in a boring small town where nothing happens. He lives with his Father who is kind of neglectful, always focused on his work and leaving Max alone, thus causing him no end of boredom, especially when he is a small of town of complete boredom. This leads to Max constantly searching for something to do, for someplace to escape to that is exciting- like the places he draws, or the anime he watches, or the various books he reads or the roleplaying games he plays by himself and so on and so forth, places that allows him to do things, and particularly wishes to someday to go to the city, where it is said that life is fast, fast, fast, convenient and that you can get whatever you want, as well as full of interesting places. It doesn't matter which city, or even a city at all, any place would do other than here. He would do anything to get out of this boring town. Anything.
    Appearance: black shoes, blue pants, black vest, white shirt, spiky blond hair, brown eyes, often accompanied by a smirk much like this:

is Max's text color is this, because he hates the Sith, therefore types green to honor the fallen Qui-gon Jinn!

Spoiler: Introduction
    Show

You are MAX CELERITAS and you want things done NOW, and by now you mean YESTERDAY. You are an avid consumer of VIDEOGAMES, ANIME AND COMIC BOOKS, particularly of the ACTION VARIETY. The faster the better. You thus have a love of SPEED and EXPLORATION, exploring wherever you can, PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY or SPIRITUALLY in order to KILL THE TIME. You have compiled numerous eclectic INTERESTS in order to get rid of the all the time you have your hands, venturing into PHILOSOPHY, SCIENCE, MEDIA, BIKING and so on to hopefully quench your impatience and destroy the TEDIUM that haunts you. In many ways you are a DILETTANTE created from the vast amounts of BOREDOM that has plagued you constantly. However some things have stuck to you: you love to read SCI-FI novels about the FUTURE and how humanity will TAKE CONTROL OF THEIR OWN DESTINY, optimistically going where no man has gone before! However you also have many books upon POST-APOCALYPTIC TALES that caution that the pride of humanity will destroy its FUTURE.

As a man of the future, you wield a LIGHTSABER as your weapon! Your current one is just a toy of course, green, in loving memory of THE LATE QUI-GON JINN. May the Force be with his soul. You also sometimes get out history books and ARGUE WITH HISTORICAL FIGURES sometimes, which always make you end up KICKING THE BOOKS IN ANGER. You secretly treasure your CUTE FROG PLUSH which you tell NO ONE about, it is your best non-online friend. In order to kill more time you have recently ordered the SBURB game which everyone else seems to getting, so why not try to kill some time more socially for a change? Your chum handle is ScienceSpeedster, and you talk as if you too much coffee! and with passion for all that you love! your practically a motormouth with the vast amounts of time you take up with your words! it just never seems to end!

Spoiler: Max's View of Others
    Show

Reno:
    Cool gal eh? bes gangster and doesn't afraid of anything. He Likes her, allows him to pass the time by a combination of their interests: space mafia roleplay. (he wanted space, she wanted mafia, they settled for combining the two) kinda seems to have gotten a raw deal though.

Adam:
    This guy gets it. Why spend your days in boredom and when you can go explore, see something new, create something interesting? The only problem with him is that he seems kind of lacking in confidence y'know? like you know he wants to live the dream but doesn't have the guts to back it up.

Delaina:
    Man she can be a total downer on the science stuff. she's good to talk to but come on, leave SOME hope for the future will ya? In fact she is a total downer in general. sure you have some edginess yourself, your not exactly boy scout material here, but c'mon, whats the point if there is no hope for tomorrow? But she is cool,you might have some outlook differences, but you can get along with her.

Spoiler: the three forms of Max
    Show

posted up! again!

hm, by my calculations, we will have five players....no wait nettlekid came back to....who was he playing again?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-07-09 at 03:35 AM.
    Monkey Playwright of the Improbability Drive Fan Club, Regardless, orcs should be people.

Raziere Watches: One Piece Curse of the Thriller Bark Part 5, UP!

9. - Top - End - #9

Nettle said he was bowing out.
    ~~~~~

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the wait Raziere, but I'm gonna be travelling today and can't really log. Maybe you should answer Reno first, if you don't want to wait until tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

very well then, I'll answer Reno and edit.
    Monkey Playwright of the Improbability Drive Fan Club, Regardless, orcs should be people.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that Reno/Delaina pesterlog was freaking amazing...I actually ship them so hard now

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Max's player didn't come to the new OOC. Anybody got a way to contact them?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Al Capwn; 2014-07-03 at 10:32 PM.
    Prepare for so much crass humor, they had to build a KEEP to hold it all in.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Max's player didn't come to the new OOC. Anybody got a way to contact them?

...........*points to self*

*points to my post above you, with MAX CELERITAS written on it, as in the entire sheet*

*wonders if you rolled a 1 on your spot check*

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Raziere, let me know when you're free to do our log. I'll be busy this evening, but I'm around for a few more hours.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm ready now, Amaril.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm ready now, Amaril.
    Lemme just get on Skype. I think you're already in my contacts.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

...........*points to self*

*points to my post above you, with MAX CELERITAS written on it, as in the entire sheet*

*wonders if you rolled a 1 on your spot check*

Pssh. positive spot checks. I remember when I rolled a negative six on my spot check. I went blind.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

>Dat feel when you realize the reason you've been missing posts is that you're not subscribed to the new threads
    WELP I'M GOOD AT FORUMS

Edit: Also, Amaril, when do you want to do the pesterlog?
    Last edited by Al Capwn; 2014-07-03 at 10:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Edit: Also, Amaril, when do you want to do the pesterlog?
    Message me today when you're available, I'll be around most times.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Message me today when you're available, I'll be around most times.
    I sent you a skype thingy about being the one with the science.

Edit: Oh, and I made us a skype group.
    Last edited by Al Capwn; 2014-07-04 at 11:00 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorely tempted to have Adam try to get started playing with Max right away just to mess with Delaina, thus showing how incompetent he is as a starting Page by messing everything up...but then again, given how passive Pages are supposed to be to start with, he probably wouldn't have the nerve to go against what she told him and risk making everybody mad. Argh, roleplaying is hard

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

hm, I noticed an inconsistency:

Pringle made Max's text red, while Amaril made it green.....

and since Maiyu doesn't seem to be participating this time.....looks like I'm switching back to green, yay! just letting pringle know so that he can fix it whenever he can.....

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

hm, I noticed an inconsistency:

Pringle made Max's text red, while Amaril made it green.....

and since Maiyu doesn't seem to be participating this time.....looks like I'm switching back to green, yay! just letting pringle know so that he can fix it whenever he can.....
    That was why I went ahead and made it green, since I figured you'd want to switch back given the opportunity.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm sorely tempted to have Adam try to get started playing with Max right away just to mess with Delaina, thus showing how incompetent he is as a starting Page by messing everything up...but then again, given how passive Pages are supposed to be to start with, he probably wouldn't have the nerve to go against what she told him and risk making everybody mad. Argh, roleplaying is hard
    DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEET.
    I approve of this course of action.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

DOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEET.
    I approve of this course of action.
    No, now I think about it, I don't think it's a good idea. It would be more in-character for him to not do anything, and just be sad about getting left out. The initiative and confidence to do stuff like that on his own is something he should develop later.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No, now I think about it, I don't think it's a good idea. It would be more in-character for him to not do anything, and just be sad about getting left out. The initiative and confidence to do stuff like that on his own is something he should develop later.

Okie then.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Woohoo, look at me, I can work the words page and breathe organically into the same early line of narration! Truly I am a master of oblique foreshadowing on par with Hussie himself

*Stops before sarcasm overdose causes brain damage*

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Woohoo, look at me, I can work the words page and breathe organically into the same early line of narration! Truly I am a master of oblique foreshadowing on par with Hussie himself

*Stops before sarcasm overdose causes brain damage*

>sarcasm overdose
    >us
    HAH.
    FUNNY.
    JOKE.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

hey, everyone ok with Max doing a bro-style manipulation of Adam to connect early anyways and then lie to Delaina about it? especially since no one believes Delaina anyways?