New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Guardians of the Flower Garden [Magical Burst]

Laura didn't so much dodge the pistop whip as just let it above her as she moved away from the girl with a series of handsprings. "Very well", she exclaimed excitedly, summoning her clubs again, "let's try this!" as she spinned in place, letting a couple of clubs into the air and towards the girl.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Passive defense suffices in dodging the attack;
    Minor action: Bypass - move to Elysium; 1 Support (Fury) OC
    Major action: Ranged attack for (2d6)[4][6](10)+8 +1 from OC = 19, damage (1d6)[2] +2 from OC = 4

Spoiler: Combat Tracker
    Show

Flower Garden -
    Elysium Meian, Laura
    Purgatory Nodoka
    Hades Miaka, Jad-bal-ja
    Abyss -
    Last edited by jamieth; 2014-08-16 at 03:40 PM.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Nova watched as the others moved to evade. If the lesson was now defense, this was her specialty. Her hands whipped forward as she brought her staff in close, the head of it changing once again, as the prongs split apart, creating a sun design along it. "Cosmo Breaker mode." Meian would smile, quickly spining it around again, as she channeled her magical power. It would require a lot, and she let it grow from her. Her staff began glowing with the bright yellow light, as a circle of the same light appeared at her feet.

"Being hit won't matter if it can't hurt. I'll protect you guys, if you mean to move in close."

Spoiler: Sorcery~
    Show

Meian is attempting to channel energy from closest star there is, the Sun, for a Solar Shroud. This shroud should wrap around all her allies in Hades. The result is a minor shield of light that surrounds them, nullifying magical damage slightly. (I'm thinking it absorbs up to 3 points before dispersing.)

Meian is taking 2 turns to help ensure success.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

As the beam of light corroded its way towards her, Nodoka giggled and stepped lightly sideways. Her black-clad body seemed to slam up against an invisible wall like an ink splatter, reducing most of her mass to a flat almost two dimensional plane with merely her head remaining the normal shape. With such a narrow surface area facing Jad-bal-ja it was easy to see why the beam passed harmlessly by.

Snapping back in to a fully three dimensional form, Nodoka swung both of her hands round and slammed them together twice, ink and blood splashing from the two claps. From around Jad-bal-ja the pollen almost convulsed, and splatters of ink and blood marred Jad-bal-ja's form. After a few moments hissing and sizzling noises came from them as they did their best to eat away at her form.

With another giggle, Nodoka lightly stepped forwards to join the others.

Show
    Defence of 13 enough to evade attack. Nodoka uses minor action to hex Jad-bal-ja, then uses major action to move forwards.

Turn passes to Jad-bal-ja, now with a happy 2 hexes on it.
    Last edited by Geckilian; 2014-08-17 at 10:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

All the attacks reach their target; Jad-bal-ja's form ripples as they hit.
    "You're all pretty good. Good grasp on your capacities. Your turn dodging."
    This time, moving her hand quickly, she fires point blank shots in Miaka's chest and Meian's head; though these would have been deadly with a regular pistol and on normal humans, there's a lot of room left for magic to turn the tables.
    But she's not done yet. The tsukaima jumps into a backward somersault and fires a deep blue beam, chilling as a lonely rainy day, at Laura. "There's more than wounds. Here's just one glimpse of what they could inflict to you."
    And when she lands, she's at the other side of the shrine, her form nonetheless torn by runes and ink and blood. There's no flinching, no sign of pain or discomfort, yet there's no doubt the Hexes are effective. Lesson will soon be over.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Jad-bal-ja takes 8 damage this turn from the attacks alone, and 4 more from the Amplified Hexes. (Reminder: she took 3 damage previously.)

Close attack on Miaka: attack is 4, damage is 10 (lulz).
    Close attack on Meian: attack is 9, damage is 10 (what, again?).
    Binding attack on Laura (if she's hit, she's Bound): attack is 16 (didn't take in account Overcharge from damage since there's no dice explosion with these rolls. Or is there? That was the case in the previous edition, and I'm seeing no indication this changed... whatever, even if this were a real fight, you'd still have the lead.).
    Finally, Teleportation to Flower Garden.
    Turn goes to Laura.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

With a leap that looks almost as unbound by laws of physics as Jal-be-ja's, Laura barely escapes the beam, landing on her hands next to where the tsukaima girl should land soon; springing back, she pulls the hammer again and swings it upwards, adding her target's momentum to the swing's power.
    Show
    Defense result 17; 1 Heart OC, Boost left 2/3
    Minor: Move to Flower Garden
    Major: Close Attack, Boost! 2 Magic OC, Boost left 1/3
    (3d6)[5][3][1](9)+8
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10]

Overcharge chance:
    (5d6)[2][6][6][4][6](24)

Combat tracker here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Pass to Meian to finish her Sorcery
    Last edited by jamieth; 2014-08-18 at 12:01 AM.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #66

Nova would focus on bringing the sorcery to bear, as she finallized massing the power. But... she was being targeted. Her eyes widened, as she quickly attempted to create a barrier between her and the beam, but... all her power was going towards a sorcery. The thin shield of light shattered, as the beam went right to her forehead, crashing through her and disrupting everything she was doing.

D...damnit...

Spoiler
    Show

Passing to Nodoka~

Don't know if minor or moderate difficulty may have set upon the sorcery, so will leave that in Musashi's hands.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Nodoka's head snapped round with an unhealthy crunch as Jad-bal-ja teleported behind her. A moment later her body revolved to match her head and she sprung towards her target, the giggling mask rattling on her head like an oversized shroud.

As she moved she continued to clap, like a child enjoying a new toy, as more inky blotches appeared on Jad-bal-ja's dress.

Show
    Nodoka moves back to Purgatory and hexes Jad-bal-ja again.

Turn passes to Miaka.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

As Jad-bal-ja teleports away, Miaka stumbles back for a second.

Wha-? Where did...? Looking around, she sees him reappear on the other side of the room, near where she came in.

Well, that hardly seems fair. I can only run so fast... But your darkness will not escape my light! And with that starts making her way back to the other side of the room.

Show
    Minor Action: Move to Purgatory
    Minor Action: Use Amplify Magic. (Double Hex damage)

And I believe we have all gone, so pass to Jad-bal-ja.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-08-20 at 03:07 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Jad-bal-ja can't avoid the hammer as she lands, nor the ever-growing cloud of Hexes harassing her. It gets so thick she's hardly visible.
    It dissipates suddenly, giving room to the tsukaima's original mascot form. As the harmful magic disappears in the safety of the shrine, so do any scrapes and wounds received during the fight.
    "If I had been a youma, I'd be dead right now. Good job. That would also be the point where you grab the Oblivion Seeds and run", they comment with a small smile. "You do look ready. Just remember, youma have many more tricks up their sleeves, and they want you dead. This introductory lesson is soon going to end, it looks like; you're fast learners. Have any more questions?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Didn't roll for Defense since this was last round and all.
    Fight over! Hope you kept track of your Overcharge. Your Resolve is back to maximum again.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

The black layer coating Nodoka's body began to flake away, slowly revealing a pristine school uniform underneath. Reaching up, Nodoka ripped off her mask again, this time revealing her own normal face. A deft few folds saw the bone mask neatly transformed in to a small square wafer, which Nodoka popped in to her mouth and ate with apparent relish.

"No questions from me thank you, that was enjoyable." She walked over to her bag and picked it up, slinging it on her shoulder.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh yeah, was fun!" Laura exclaims, dismissing her own costume - the next moment, her legs give up and the girl falls to the floor. Hitting the floor with her fist in anger, she whispers, "Oh... sorry... could you please help me get back?"

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #72

Meian's eyes widened, as her own outfit dispersed around her, and she'd fall to the ground, heaving a moment. Her hand went to her face. That had really hurt, and made her first impression being someone that couldn't handle this kind of work. While she'd made the first hit, it had been a scratch, everyone else had done the real work. Her pain wasn't really there anymore, more like a subtle phantom pain that reminded her it had once been there. So, she'd pick herself up a bit, looking over to the others, her eyes fell onto Laura. Meian quietly approached, bending down with a nod, as she turned to let her back face the girl.

"I can carry you back to that chair of yours, I'm used to it."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks for helping", says the tsukaima, "I'd have done it, but in this form, I can't do much."
    The silvery white tail flickers. "Before I let you deal with that possible youma, I have one last thing to remind you. Being a Magical Girl, a Guardian, a Magus, a Witch, however you call it - it's different from being a normal human. People aren't supposed to know about that. You should't tell them. You didn't, did you?"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

As Miaka's armor blurs back into her school, she winces in pain and stretches out her leg. She then smiles ruefully at the girl as she is helped back into her wheelchair.

Laura-chan. The next time I say I can go without stretching, you hit me with one of those hammers, ok?

As she winces in pain, she listens to Jad-bal-ja ask his question. I haven't told anyone, and it turns out, everyone I could have told is here already!
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-08-20 at 03:42 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

With a shrug, Nodoka shook her head. "I've told no one, and the only people who've seen are those here and anyone else who may have been secretly watching."

Nodoka nodded to the others. "It's getting late. I'll be heading home now, my parents will be expecting me. It was pleasant working together. See you tomorrow at school, we can work out how to track down the origin of the text messages then."

Waving, Nodoka turned and began to walk home, seeing Laura already had help.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

"Thanks..." Laura gives the girls an apologetic smile, "I... really should have think of it before transforming... and... oh", her face grows somewhat pale, "Micchan... I've told Micchan. Don't tell me... Did it happen to her because I... Micchan!" she calls to the girl they left outside the shrine.

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

This time, Jad-bal-ja doesn't answer the question directly or clearly. "Humans will turn their back on you when they'll know you are different. They'll abandon you. They'll stab you in the back. Humans are animals and savages."
    And with these words, the tsukaima disappears.
    Contrasting with those words, Micchan's head peeks out timidly past the gate. "Are... are you done? I didn't eavesdrop, I promise! Is everything okay, Laura-chan?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Those of you actively tracking the one behind the magical texts, it's time to Locate Something. For every success, you'll get hints pushing you toward what you're seeking.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, Micchan isn't like that!", Laura exclaims, before noticing the one she addresses isn't here anymore.

The one being spoken about, meanwhile, peeks inside and Laura immediately rushes towards her - as much as the wheelchair's mobility allows. "Micchan! Sure, everything's fine - we're just been taking supplementary lessons at monster-hunting... eh, I'm thinking about visiting Ami-chan now - it was she who sent me that video... I just have to talk to her..."

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #79

Meian shook her head at the gratitude, rising up once her new ally was delivered to her chair, frowning as their guide vanished, and looking to Laura as she panicked. Meian followed at a slower pace, nodding to Nodoka's own parting as well. She'd place a hand on Laura's shoulder as she began to pass her as well, shaking her head.

"Don't worry about anything like that. Humans are humans, and they might be flawed, but they are also the only thing that really matters. I'll give you two my phone... it takes me a bit to respond sometimes though. I need to... get home myself."

Meian brought out a cute little pink phone... a flip phone. It was ancient, almost depressingly. She opened it, clearly needing to turn it on and look up the number herself. Apparently she didn't do phones.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Micchan frowns. "Oh... Ami? Do we... do we have to? I'd rather not go with you, I'm sorry, is that okay?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Laura nodded with a bit of relief; she actually wanted to ask Mikan to keep out of it, just in case, but was afraid it would sound rude.
    "But of course!" she exclaimed, grabbing Mikan's hands and smiling reassuringly, "you did nothing wrong, so don't concern yopurself with it - dealing with weird things is my job, remember - yours is to deal with my parents if I have to stay out late!" Giggling, Laura lets go of Mikan's hands and smiles again, "I'll text you if I find something."
    Last edited by jamieth; 2014-08-21 at 01:31 PM.

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you! See you tomorrow at school!"

Micchan gone, Laura and whoever comes with her is free to go to AMi's place, barely 3 blocks away. Tokyo's houses and flats are pretty much all uniform, sleek and modern, but also so impersonal from the outside. Without the exact address, it'd be almost impossible to find your own home.
    Here's Ami's house, only distinguishable from the neighbours' by the audible pop music coming from the inside.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

So, Laura-chan, should we get going? I mean, I still have to get to the café later and work, so we probably should get going.

As they reach Ami's house, Miaka seemed to revert back to being her old depressed self, though you can tell she is still happier now than she has ben for some time.

Gee. Seems kinda obvious which one we're looking for. Does she really need her music up that loud? I haven't heard music this high up since I went to that Vocaloid concert last year.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

On her way home Nodoka took out her phone and flipped it open. She frowned - not many people had her number, so receiving a text was unusual. Even though the text was deleted, it still had the number in the sent and received calls and texts panel, so she looked at it before sifting through her less than ample list of friends to see if there was a match or any connection.

As she got home she quietly let herself in and changed out of her uniform before starting on her basic chores, such as watering the plants and feeding the pair of cats. Where appropriate she smiled at her parents and answered their friendly questions about her day, but generally kept quiet and ruminated on the earlier fight. It had been exhilarating.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    So, Laura-chan, should we get going? I mean, I still have to get to the café later and work, so we probably should get going.

As they reach Ami's house, Miaka seemed to revert back to being her old depressed self, though you can tell she is still happier now than she has ben for some time.

Gee. Seems kinda obvious which one we're looking for. Does she really need her music up that loud? I haven't heard music this high up since I went to that Vocaloid concert last year.
    "Sure, let's go -" Laura rolls her wheelchair closer to the front door and pushing the buzzer, "Ami-chan? That's me, Laura - we need to talk!"

Extended signature

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Ami opens the door. "Oh, hi there! How are you? What brings you he-"
    "Who's there?", asks a somewhat familiar voice: Mayu's, one of the school's haughty girl. She manages to look at the visitors. "Ami-chan, why the hell are they here? Did you invite them?"
    "No! Yes. I mean-", says Ami, getting confused and irritated. "Wait for me a second, okay?"
    She steps out, rubbing the sides of her head, and closes the door behind her, allowing for a civilized conversation without shouting. "Sorry about that. So, what brings you here?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ami-chan", Laura exclaims, "where did you get that video? The one with... Micchan? It's not your fault, I know - it almost got me too - but that's why I need to find who started it, you see?"

Extended signature

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

"Actually, I did. That was too funny to pass!", she replies, oblivious as to Laura's intentions. Meanwhile, she pulls out her phone distractedly. It radiates with magic, a fact Ami doesn't seem to notice. "You saw it, right? If you haven't, it's still on my phone..."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

We have seen it. And it isn't funny. It was very hurtful to Laura-chan and her friend. We know you don't want to hurt people. Just tell us who sent it to you?

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

"I mean, I recorded the video. I... okay, it wasn't the nicest thing to do, but I didn't mean any wrong to you two. No harm meant. Now, I had nothing to do with the thrown shoe, really, I just was messing with my phone during PE, and something happened worthy of being recorded. I always have my phone ready for stuff like that, there's always something interesting if you pay attention."
    There's nothing apparently wrong with Ami, unlike her phone. You also notice the background picture, on top of the magical energy; it's a nondescript part of the city, and a blurry figure.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2014-08-22 at 06:25 AM.