New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #17 at 07/17)

That's Kashiwagi. Her whole characterisation so far is that she's: 1. in the baseball club and 2. normal. In other words, not crazy enough to be anything but a minor character in a VN like MuvLuv.

And yes, Saiyans were also aliens so... hidden identity discovered already? I didn't expect MuvLuv's aliens to be so adorable.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-07-17 at 08:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #17 at 07/17)

Warning: today's update is large huge.

Update #18, where Takeru is fed up
    Spoiler
    Show

Let's do it people! Today's the big game, get through it and you can forget about lacrosse for the rest of the VN.

There's only one tiny problem.

Kei is not there.

Chizuru's attitude is not helping.

Gather up, team! It's not over yet if I get a say.

Takeru still has a secret weapon up his sleeve. It's time for shenanigans.

A good question. Could it be...

Nah. I'm seeing things.

Count on Mikoto to be told to dress up in a girls' sports uniform and not even question why until much later.

But surely the class rep won't accept this silliness, will she?

Surprisingly, she did. So did Yuuko, but Yuuko's very existence is powered by lulz, so yeah.

Powered by bro's super strength, the team makes it to the finale, where we can face off against Yuuko's class. The matchups no doubt were manipulated by space aliens with mandibles.

Still, shame Kei decided to end before it even began.

No trolling, please.

Even though she's here, Ayamine still wants to just slink away.

No. Not this time.

For once, Takeru has you all figured out.

For the most part.

Still, Chizuru should be happy, right?

Nope, we're getting an earful. The situation is getting kinda serious, actually.

And just a bit over dramatic.

No. That's enough.

Takeru is sick of this personal drama bullcrap, and frankly - once again he speaks for the audience.

We can deliver huge blocks of accusatory text as well!

Time to call everyone out on their stupid behaviour. Chizuru for being bossy and unreasonable. Kei for being avoidant and also unreasonable.

Hell, the others get it too. Sumika for only speaking up in lacrosse-related matters when it's convenient to her. Tama for letting others boss her around rather than doing things she wants herself. Meiya for.... general Meiya-ness.

Kashiwagi didn't do anything wrong though. Well, she barely did anything in the first place.

Well, that's that. Now everyone will think Takeru is a huge jerk forever. No one feels like playing anymore. The day is ruined.

Who am I trying to deceive? Time for the obligatory sports arc turnover!

Go, uplifting background music! I suggest Chariots of Fire.

This type of Meiya-ness I am okay with. Even if she's as incomprehensible as always.

Okay, time to huddle up.

And for a warcry to pump everyone up!

Takeru doesn't know any good ones of course, so (also of course) he delegates the task over.

Maybe you should've rehearsed that part too... well, too late now.

Suddenly!

Be right back, committing suicide from embarassment.

I'm back, and Marimo's at the top of her game. She really thinks the forces of justice will triumph over Yuuko's evil army! She really does!

So of course then the match happens and we lose totally and ingloriously.

Nah.

The match was mostly onscreen actually, but I've had enough lacrosse for one LP. So it's all skipped.

That, and there was precious little time to take screencaps.

The face of a graceful winner.

The team gathers to celebrate, but:

It seems Sumika was wounded. Again.

In fact she got injured very early on, but decided not to give up.

As usual, Sumika has more determination than common sense.

At least she's all fine now.

Yeah. All fine.

Stop being such a tsundere, Takeru.

Time to be extra-mean to mask the nicer comment from before.

But even Meiya picks up that there's more to the relationship than bickering and punches.

Having traveled a lot since early youth, Meiya will never know the wonder/walking cliche of a childhood friend relationship.

That, and the filthy rich heiress thing. The top is lonely indeed.

One last issue to discuss:

Life. You're bad at it.

Never change, Meiya.

Well. Time to transfer out. Yuuko's vengeance is a horrifying sight to behold. Cosplay might be involved.

Speaking of cosplay, Marimo is so happy she won't have to do any for a while now.

Is that... money? We get cash for winning?

Now that's something I should've known from the start! Commerce makes the world go round, thanks Marimo-sensei!

Victory over Yuuko made Marimo regain her inner peace and chillness. So Takeru of course decides to unbalance her by mentioning the physics prep room/Yuuko's evil lair. If he wants more cosplay, he can just go there and watch!

Ha ha ha, run for the hills, away from the angry teacher!

At home, Tsukuyomi and the three stooges already made a victory sign. As expected.

Also, a feast! Dig in.

There we go again.

And then everyone laughed as Takeru ragequits into the dark outside.

Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    Phew, that was long. The shenanigans were funny, but the serious parts were... eh. Worked when they were down to earth, not so much when they went for the over the top drama route - which was often, unfortunately.
    Well! With lacrosse behind us, we should be back to regular antics now.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #18 at 07/19)

This arc raises two questions. One is the minor one of what actually got Kei and Chizuru fighting like that. The other is the far more important one...Why so much focus on lacrosse of everything?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #18 at 07/19)

I am glad the lacrosse arc is over. I'm not a fan of the forced drama that the rivalry between Chizuru and Kei creates.

Frankly, I'm not much of a fan of Chizuru at all. She's probably my least favorite character with a name and face, after Tsukuyomi and her minions (because shotacon is not cool).
    Last edited by Tengu_temp; 2014-07-19 at 04:16 PM.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wow, Kei and Chizuru's failed affair must have been really torrid.

6. - Top - End - #96

Update #19, where Sumika's caught in a vulnerable position
    Spoiler
    Show

Another day, another morning where Sumika tries to force her way at the door and is in general loud and annoying.

The last time that happened, it also meant...

So predictable. Stop doing that. Even if Tsukuyomi told you today's a good opportunity... whatever she meant by that. Time for an interrogation.

Tsukuyomi is shocked to see Sumika today. Her reasoning?

Oh boy.

Welcome to MuvLuv, where parents are universally irresponsible. Will the Mitsurugi zaibatsu power abuse ever cease?

Sumika for once channels her rage at people who truly deserve it.

Well, but enough of that. Time for breakfast.

Surprisingly normal, down to earth breakfast. It seems Meiya decided to follow the commoners' ways.

So as a follow-up she grabs a whole egg and positively drowns it in soy sauce.

That can't be good.

It wasn't good.

It wasn't good at all.

Tsundere Takeru to the rescue!

Enough breakfast, time to go to school. This is Japan so it happens on Saturday too.

Add a bit of violence and this image encapsulates the trio's relationship with each other perfectly.

Sumika's already gotten better though. No lasting injury can ever befall her.

So it's time to tease her some more.

Sumika finds allies in an unexpected imitator.

And then, Meiya blabs out about how Sumika accidentally threw the crosse during a game. Yes, the lacrosse arc is still hounding us even now.

Harsh audience.

And then they all get run over by a car. Okay, that's a lie.

Only Takeru gets run over.

Yuuko's vengeance or a honest accident? You decide.

We will never know the truth either way.

Marimo is way too happy about the yesterday's victory.

But the happiness does not last long as the talk about graduation exams begins. That's right, they're coming soon!

Topical!

Back at home, Takeru ponders the upcoming exams in despair.

Suddenly! VIOLENCE!

Useless, violent and existing as 3 seperate people (who still count as one gestalt entity). Must be the maids.

Takeru's room gets dirty too quickly for their tastes.

So they decide not to clean it at all. Off to Tsukuyomi to report!

The brilliant plan backfired.

And now, an obligatory hijinks scene where the main character walks on the heroine in a state of partial declothing!

... On the toilet.

Takeru decides to go the sensible route. Sumika is a stickler for tradition though - time for more VIOLENCE.

While our main character lies unconscious, I ponder what we just saw. I mean the images were definitely SFW at first glance, but I had to look closely in case age snuck in something.

So, congrats MuvLuv. You made me scrutinize Sumika taking a dump.

Tangent over, Takeru wakes up, Ahoge Person still angry.

That's logic I can't argue with.

To add weight to her arguments of meteorite destruction, Sumika threatens not to make any food anymore.

The two start to argue about who's the more believable one.

You gotta admit, Sumika sure does get good reception - even in the middle of nowhere. Well, it surely is the middle of nowhere now that Meiya demolished all nearby buildings.

Tsukuyomi appears, and Sumika, always the avatar of maturity, immediatelly tattles to her.

But Takeru refuses to take it standing.

So, the bathroom encounter was apparently an act of God. There you have it folks!

Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    Amusing. Also obviously a cooldown after the arc's end we had yesterday. I just wonder what are we warming up to now.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-07-20 at 05:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Woo, back to shenanigans. I wonder how much more of Extra there's left.

Megaton punch MC-kun for accidentally walking in on you? Really, Sumika? We're doing this now? At least Takeru called this out as bull**** as well.

I wonder was Yuuko's assassination attempt payback for beating her class at lacrosse. Either way it's a miracle nobody died yet.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Banned

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #19 at 07/20)

Knowing Yuuko, it could just as well be some kind of crazy experiment or just getting out of trouble for an accident by appearing too insane to accuse of anything.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    I wonder was Yuuko's assassination attempt payback for beating her class at lacrosse. Either way it's a miracle nobody died yet.
    I don't put anything past that cat smile of Yuuko's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

10. - Top - End - #100

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #19 at 07/20)

I'm pretty sure Yuuko doesn't only appear too insane to convict.

Update #20, where brattiness is at an all time high
    Spoiler
    Show

And so we start another... wait, what?

A two week timeskip just happened.

And the cast lost the ability to communicate in human languages. Except for Mikoto, who remains as before - clueless in other words.

Marimo has an eye out on Takeru, and not in a good way.

Tests aside, she wants to collect homework from before, but...

Curses! Takeru forgot it even existed!

No one's helpful... except Sumika, but we know better than to ask her for anything where academic prowess is required.

Still, the situation may call for desperate measures...

Any port in a storm. Show me what you got, Sumika.

Uwah!

"If you have to cheat, make sure I don't see you doing it", is it.

More chewing out, with a few words of wisdom sprinkled in.

Once you strip out all the trolling, the teachers in this game actually have smart things to say.

Another image that perfectly illustrates the kind of relationship we have here.

Sumika did not like hearing that. She starts swinging her bag around in a random but predictable display of VIOLENCE.

Even Takeru is eventually intimidated into submission.

I see the two are being very mature today.

Extraordinarily mature.

On the way home, it turns out Sumika's been doing some cooking of her own.

She asks what do the two others want to eat. They have no preferences, so in that case:

Enjoy Sumika's randomly assembled meals!

Meiya of course had all her meals prepared by master chefs for the whole life. She doesn't know the blessing of eating something you prepared yourself!

But she's willing to try. Be afraid.

Predictably, Sumika and Takeru start bickering about the soup... rolls. Whatever.

Then this happens.

What?

Other world? What? This never happened. Were you hit on the head one time too many?

Well, I'm sure it's nothing.

Meiya wants to reduce Sumika's housework, but she insists on cooking anyway.

Insists really strongly. To the point that her anger starts to flare again.

Suddenly she apologizes and leaves really quickly.

That was... weird. Let's ask Sumika what's this all about.

By the way I realized I almost don't link any of the VN's music. The soundtrack is pretty decent so I'll show you songs as they're appropriate - and for now, have this, and mind the spoilers in the comment section.

Back to MuvLuv. Oh Sumika, where are you?

I don't see her anywhere, sorry.

Non-verbal communication at work.

Takeru really has a one track mind at times. Be less thick, you're supposed to be the audience self-insert here!

Oh?

Sumika's feeling inadequate.

So in her mind, cooking is the only thing she can do that Miss Perfect Meiya cannot.

And just like that, the conversation ends.

Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    This... was really moving actually. The day started with the protagonists in full immature hijinks mode, and then out of nowhere I get sucker punched with a fistful of feels.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #20 at 07/21)

Sumika isn't very smart, though. Being somewhere in the vicinity of being a sane, functional human being is something Meiya can't do and it should be pretty obvious by now.

12. - Top - End - #102

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #20 at 07/21)

Well, yeah. If she was smarter she'd notice it - but then she wouldn't have to feel bad about not being smart.

I call it the vicious circle of ahoge.

13. - Top - End - #103

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    D'awww. For some reason this totally empty scene with no humans in sight warms my heart.

14. - Top - End - #104

Update #21, where the house explodes
    Spoiler
    Show

Wakey, wakey. Takeru's late today, because neither Sumika nor Meiya woke him up with any hijinks.

In fact they were gone before he woke up. What's up with that?

How mysterious.

During lunch, Takeru remembers the talk he had with Sumika earlier.

Time for an awkward half-conversation. Both of them are being evasive... but somehow that feels genuine.

Okay, enough about relationships already. Something appears.

Run.

Takeru. Run, you fool.

... He can't run. Yuuko's blackmail is too effective.

Oh dear. It's still not too late to run, you know. Marked absence or not.

So what Yuuko needed of him is...

To photocopy and carry papers.

A lot of papers.

Other people are just her slaves to do what Yuuko desires, aren't they.

And then this happens:

Why are you drawing Takeru's name on Takeru himself? Are you mentally 6 years old?

Or is there a deeper meaning to this?

Back at home, the now captioned protagonist tries his best to study. Yes, even he is capable of that when exams are coming. Suddenly!

Something blows up. You were promised an explosion, here it is.

That's not reassuring at all! Just what is Meiya up to this time?

Tsukuyomi is very determined not to reveal any information.

A sentiment we can all get behind.

Good night.

Or not yet!

The update was short so we're doing two days in one go.

Not this again.

Only this time Takeru is guarded by the three stooges.

The maid-like creatures are being disruptive and annoying even for themselves.

If they're going to be so nosey, Takeru recruits them to help him with some of the trickier exam questions.

They're trying to help? Woah. They're really trying to help!

How is that supposed to help with anything?!

The punishment is swift and decisive.

Thwack, thwack, thwack. VIOLENCE strikes again!

Takeru wants the trio out of his sight. Begone.

They combine into... Getter-3 apparently. But before they have a chance to unleash its finishing strike, something interrupts them.

You have a weird definition of fun Meiya.

The maids are finally shooed away, forced to clean up remains after... whatever Meiya is doing down there.

She's trying to cook, isn't she? I must admit, explosions is exactly what I expected in that situation.

Don't cut yourself on the sharp angles, Takeru!

... What.

Yeah, you did.

Good night - for real this time.

My thoughts so far:
    I expected more feels like yesterday but got shenanigans instead. It was fun.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-07-22 at 02:02 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105

Why are you drawing Takeru's name on Takeru himself? Are you mentally 6 years old?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #21 at 07/22)

Ah hijinks as would be expected by tropes with a Lethal Chef being taught to cook I particularly enjoy the jokes about the angular hair because crazy hair is crazy. Also everything with Yuuko is about 2-3 times more hilarious in hindsight.

As for Kashiwagi, she's a bit of a black horse in Extra who gets fleshed out in every side game she's in that Age made.

Caution: Vague reference to future plot points
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also the Tama = Alien = Cute comment went for it's referential humor first then broke my brain for another reason cannon reason. Well played Oni.
    Last edited by Ishikar; 2014-07-23 at 10:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged One View Post
    Actually, Tarrasques are merely an extremely endangered species. They reproduce by spontaniously coming into existance when people piss off the DM.
    CRPG Rules: http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

17. - Top - End - #107

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #21 at 07/22)

Update #22, where Takeru loses it (for the first and probably not last time)
    Spoiler
    Show

Another day dawns, which means one dayworth of time less to prepare for exams.

Sumika is not appreciative of Takeru's study noises.

Even if he did get the English question right.

Oh wow, talk about hard audience.

Time to focus on physics.

Why yes, Yuuko was responsible for writing the questions. Why do you ask?

The practice test (test of test?) ends. Let's see if everyone did well.

Takeru does not take the results lightly.

The audience remains hard.

Even Takeru's best buddy, bros 4 lyfe Mikoto (pictured), offers so little solace these days.

Continue living your crazy life.

Before returning home, we find that Chizuru has a few words for Takeru as well. It's about Meiya.

Harsh.

But not inaccurate.

Ditto. Still, so much of her loosening up after winning the lacrosse game.

Back at home, Sumika invades the territory once again:

It's from her parents!

This + O'Neill cylinder earlier = Gundam joke.

Considering his results on the practice test, Takeru needs to study. Everyone tells Takeru to study. Takeru agrees to study.

Takeru decides not to study.

So he gets VIOLENCE'd and taken away to his room.

Harshness works both ways.

Then, Meiya appears in the room. What is she up to?

Of course Meiya, of course.

Cheering her up is one thing Takeru, but encouraging her is a very dangerous thing to do in this area.

But then, your house already almost exploded twice, so...

Takeru doesn't give up with his plan of wasting the day away.

Really? Color me surprised.

Anyway, in the bathroom...

This happens.

Again.

We've been over this the last time.

Oh no you don't! Never seperate a man from his video games, Sumika!

Damn, her power level increased a lot while no one was looking.

But still, not good enough!

While distracted, Sumika lets Takeru snatch the console easily.

Her reaction?

VIOLENCE.

Look who's talking, a tri-cellular organism.

Later that evening... it should be about time for another kitchen explosion, right?

HOLY SH...!

Okay, that's enough. Ninja maids and stooges may guard the way, but Takeru forces his way through. We must know what is going on there.

The culprit is as we all suspected.

You switch the tsundere parts too quickly.

Just what is this all about?

That's still a mystery, but apparently no further threats to Takeru's house will occur so... it's good?

This is really hardcore cooking you're doing, Meiya.

Please take care of yourself before this VN takes a turn for serious drama.

Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    I didn't expect to ever say it but... today, everone was more of a jerk to Takeru than he deserved. It was fun regardless.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-07-24 at 11:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Banned

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #22 at 07/24)

Why do I get the feeling that there's something pretty messed and sad lurking beneath all the whackyness of Meiya?

19. - Top - End - #109

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #22 at 07/24)

Obviously, her parents are dead. Killed... by swords.

To defeat the sword, she must become the sword.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Banned

I'm pretty sure we've moved to a complete different work then...Although, their hair colors aren't that different.

21. - Top - End - #111

But a sword needs to be flat and Meiya definitely isn't. I saw her half-naked, remember?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Banned

Hey, that hasn't stopped other swords!

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

But a sword needs to be flat and Meiya definitely isn't. I saw her half-naked, remember?
    Half of it needs to be flat. The other half needs to be quite sharp. And judging from her hairstyle, she has that in spades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

24. - Top - End - #114

Update #23, where we spend half a day on one conversation
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm dead serious.

Takeru wakes up... in class. He literally slept the day away.

Or, you know, nothing important happened before so the VN skipped to this point.

Meiya's not there by the way.

Okay... this is kinda worrying.

This is REALLY worrying.

The longcar awaits. What do we do?

No, this is way too fishy. Even Sumika is suspecting something, and when Sumika can see through your obvious trap...

Unfortunately Tsukuyomi doesn't take no for an answer.

Sumika gets sleeping gas sprayed in her face and the three idiots swiftly pack her up into the limo.

That's what civilized people call an abduction!

You really are abducting Sumika! ... But somehow I have a feeling she'll be enjoying herself anyway.

For what purpose is the power abused this time?

What are you planning? Oh dear, you can't be...

Meiya really is going to...

Cook for today. What did you think I was going to say?

She is really serious about it.

All the more reasons to be worried. Especially since almost immediately after her departure to the kitchen, something explodes.

Takeru ignores Tsukuyomi's warnings and moves forward... only to barely evade a blade to the face!

That'd be one oversized mouse...

Don't wave the knife around while criticizing others! Takeru's not the one causing all the explosions!

Understatement as usual.

Time passes, marked by an occassional explosion. There really is nothing to do...

Except play video games. It seems Tsukuyomi is developing a knack for those too. We'll get you addicted yet!

What, so the three stooges are gamers too?

Later, much later:

Something stirs Takeru awake.

After exploring the surroundings briefly, a startling discovery is made.

Meiya... really is hopeless at this, isn't she.

Looks like even grueling training is not enough to overcome your shortcomings sometimes. That's your cynical lesson for the day.

Her pride and confidence hurt, Meiya retreated into her own shell. Hilarious failure is hilarious only as long as no one minds. Then it just becomes heartbreaking.

Takeru has a plan.

Please don't be naked Meiya behind the door. I know MuvLuv likes to repeat its gags but it's really not the time.

Nope, she's fully clothed. And very sad.

Even Takeru has limits to how much he can lie with a straight face.

Okay, that's just funny.

As long as you read about it, without having to actually eat it. Then it's just nasty.

Anyway, now is the time to ask the important questions. No more avoidance, please.

So there you have it - the joy of making something with your own two hands, rather than having an army of servants doing everything for yourself. Even if the end effect resembles weird animal feed for really desperate farmers.

I don't think any kind of smartass commentary is appropriate or even necessary here.

I guess even Takeru is able of handling a situation in a (mostly) mature manner from time to time. That makes it what, the second time now?

Time to end the moping. It's so late it's already early, after all.

Meiya looks like she wants to say something.

But in the end, she does not.

Good nig...

GAH!

SO LOUD!
    SO ANNOYING!

Even by Sumika standards.

Good. Night. Please.

My thoughts so far:
    And so ends the "Meiya learns to cook" arc. It wasn't long but I liked it, it showed us the characters have their own worries and insecurities while still remaining mostly funny. Also, that last scene was full of feels.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2014-07-25 at 03:41 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #23 at 07/25)

I feel bad for Meiya. Her uselessness at life is so moe.

The rest of the day is pretty funny though. And I'm glad we cannot hear Sumika in the very last scene. People who haven't played MuvLuv, take my word for it.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #23 at 07/25)

I will. I can only imagine how awful somebody with a thick Japanese accent and probably a non-naturalistic vocal delivery shouting vague Hawaiian phrases must be.

And, yeah, it's easy to feel bad for Meiya here.

27. - Top - End - #117

In light of her reactions in this update, I'm withdrawing my support for Sumika/Takeru. Obviously, she'd make a much better pairing with Mikoto.

If only there were some way to reconcile this conflict. Perhaps a third option of a sort I might be known for habitually reaching for, during such discussions.

28. - Top - End - #118

Takeru already almost got a nosebleed just from thinking about Kei and Chizuru. Do you want to kill him?

Update #24, where we're on a boat
    Spoiler
    Show

A week long timeskip? Takeru was so annoyed at Sumika going aloha oeee that he fell into a coma.

That, and you know, exams.

But that's all in the conveniently offscreen past now!

Let's go waste time.

At the arcade, it seems we have some SRS BSNS guys daring to play a competetive game to win.

I have no idea what this is referencing*.

* - I actually do.

Anyway the arena hoggers are total scrubs who use cheap tactics so Takeru cannot have that stand.

Come, bro 4 lyfe Mikoto. Time for a minute of glory.

Wow. I'm surprised, but it seems Takeru really won that one.

Those guys really must've been no-skill scrubs.

Anyway, time for something more physical. Such as exercise.

Lazing around in a massage chair counts as exercise, right?

It totally does.

Suddenly!

Is it time to fruitlessly try to run again?

Okay, no. It's different this time. Feels more... genuine.

It helps that there are no maids trying to shove people into the longcar trunk for the time being.

Longcar is long. And full of mysteries.

Somehow, I don't think we're in the limo anymore.

And here's Sumika, wearing very un-Sumika like attire.

Well, time to lie about it anyway.

I take that back. It can't be as unfitting as Takeru in a suit.

Suddenly, a minor one-shot character materializes.

Of course the cruise ship belongs to the Mitsurugi group zaibatsu. Will the abuse of power... actually, no. Luxuries like that is totally what you'd expect a group of filthy rich people to have.

While our protagonists await inevitable hijinks, alternatively ponder how much out of their element they are at the moment...

The menu appears.

Takeru instantly avoids responsibility.

But this seems to backfire as Sumika gets more and more panicked, trying to study the menu which might as well be written in moon language. What to do?

A very Takeru-like solution.

Sumika of course is less than appreciative.

What kind of reaction will the staff have to our plebian request?

They seem strangely okay with it.

So plebian.

While waiting for their dishes, Sumika and Takeru stare at the watery sights.

Teasing and shenanigans intensify!

... No, not today. Just as with Meiya yesterday, it's time to explain a few things to Sumika.

Though being friends with Sumika for who-knows-how-long, Takeru decides on a slightly more direct approach.

Just slightly.

Enough moping and insecurities. Almost everyone in the VN is a massive derp, but we accept them for who they are. Sumika's no exception.

Fighting because of food? Yes, that's the Sumika we know.

And, it seems just like that, everyone's back to normal.

Wrong move. The reaction is predictable.

A bit later:

Indeed, Takeru could use to be a bit less like... well, himself.

Meiya doesn't seem to mind though.

Penultimate, you say. What was the ultimate one, I wonder.

Hmm. Not sure if we should be worried or not.

Let's go with "yes we should".

Takeru seems to agree.

The endgame begins. Good night.

My thoughts so far:
    I don't know if the update can convey this feeling accurately, but the day had a real sense of closure and reconcilliation. It was just, well, neat.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #24 at 07/26)

That dress would look good... on someone who's not Sumika. At least lose the fairy wings, they don't fit it at all!

And I agree that Takeru should have at least ordered some rare food he'd never have eaten otherwise. What a dumb!

I kinda expected the three scrubs at the arcade to be the maids. You know they'd do something like that.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Default Re: The Oni tackles MuvLuv - a let's play of sorts (Update #24 at 07/26)

Sorry but Sumika needs that ribbon to live. She's like a Touhou character.

Same for the ahoge. It also picks up radio signals. From space.