New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default One-Shot Bull-rushing Boss

Running a one-shot tomorrow, likely with fairly inexperienced players. I want to have a boss who's essentially Vi from League of Legends, so charging and bull-rushing is ideal. The game will have premade PC's who should be under ECL 3 for ease of use. So what class should I go with for a low-level enemy who bull-rushes?
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: One-Shot Bull-rushing Boss

Honestly, Fighter. Dungeoncrasher Fighter (from Dungeonscape) is all about smashing people into walls and doing lots of damage. The first ACF is level 2 and the next is level 6, so you could go either high or low. I might suggest Barbarian 1/Fighter 2 on a Warforged Charger for a low-level smasher.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Dungeon Crasher + the Knockback feat is a deadly combo

If you want to go massive optimization (Might not due to pre made PC's) gestalt fighter with anthropomorphic whale would be freaking devastating.

Otherwise Goliath would be a good option for getting Knockback, or half minotaur but might want to avoid that one to avoid a tpk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Gonna have to second[Edit: third it would seem] Dungeoncrash Fighter. But if charging/bull rush is your combat style, I'd take a Dwarf(Stability) or Half-Giant(Powerful Build) over a Warforged Charger(CR 5, higher if you trade HD for levels).

If its a one-shot, I'd also build a bit of a custom arena; spikes on the walls, narrow walkways over a pit of lava, the sort of place someone who's main tactic was to push people into things would want to fight in, in an ideal circumstance. Or maybe just narrow walkways with a 10ft pit filled with fog, since you mention that the players aren't terribly experienced.
    Last edited by Seclora; 2014-07-02 at 10:24 PM.