New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

+

Whereas GLoG concerns itself with redeeming evil-doers (and healing the sick and sheltering refugees etc.) and AMEN is evildoers, VIGIL takes a more neutral approach. VIGIL doesn’t concern itself with good or evil, but with kicking people who need to be kicked. It is dedicated to preventing threats to the Nexus, both massive-scale and small-scale, from muggers and exploding taverns to apocalypsoi and demonic invasions. Of course, given that evil-doers tend to be the ones who cause those things, VIGIL tends to be pitted against the forces of evil more often than not, but it doesn’t care that they’re evil, just that they’re causing trouble. Calling it a 'Good' organization is likely to draw the ire of some of the more morally relative members around. Maybe. Some members do call it a Good organization. This is because it is formed from the merging of the two organizations, WATCHTOWER and HALO. Both were similar in that they fought off those who need to be fought.

VIGIL is an organization that exists to stop some bad things from happening. No one is entirely sure which ones, or why.

To join, you might want to look at this membership form. However, as this is still a new organization, the membership process is not completely hashed out.
    MEMBERSHIP
    Spoiler
    Show

Prospective Members should fill out the below form and submit it to any member.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Reason for joining VIGIL:
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to VIGIL:
    Other Information:

Additionally, prospective members probably should prove their worth to the organization. The proof is open-ended, and can be decided by any member, with proofs ranging from a simple interview or test of skill, duels in the arena, even to accompanying a member on a mission. ((OoC note: Players of prospective members are encouraged to discuss the terms of their test in advance with the player of their 'interviewing' member, in order to find a test suitable to both players. Not everyone wants to run an entire adventure for a new member, but on the other hand, some people might find a simple interview or test too simple for their tastes.))

Accepted and proven members gain access to more secure and important rooms. Higher level members have higher clearance. And so on. The organization is, as with most things in the Nexus, prone to change according to the desires of the members. If you have any questions, ask someone either in the OoC thread or in the IRC.

VIGIL is also accepting applications for cleaning, nursing, secretarial, maintenance, security, or other miscellaneous duties, without the full responsibilities of membership. Prospective staff members should apply to, and be interviewed by a senior member for suitability. VIGIL staff members will receive quarters if requested, and will be allowed full run of the bases except for where they logically wouldn't.

The Bases
    Spoiler
    Show

VIGIL has at least three different bases. Although a single member may generally prefer one or another base, there are plenty of opportunities for VIGIL members to serve in the other bases. In fact, this is encouraged.

Mountain Base
    VIGIL's mountain base (formerly WATCHTOWER's base) is a limestone fortress located halfway up a cliff, overlooking a lake high up in the mountains. Built by mages, the fortress is dominated by a large central tower supporting a magical observatory that can be used to spy on locations across the world. Another notable feature of the tower is the airship gantry built into adjacent cliffside, which is home to a pair of airships and a small fleet of ground vehicles.

The mountain base is full of magical secrets from an era long past, including a library full of arcane knowledge, labs, holding pens once home to twisted experiments, ghostly servants, and a dense network of catacombs beneath the tower which may still be home to a legion of eldritch nightmares.

Suggested Location Tags: Front Gates, Courtyard, Training Grounds, Hospital Tower, Member Quarters, Labs, Mage's Library, Observatory, Airship Gantry, Catacombs and others.

Undersea Base
    The undersea base was HALO's base. It has teleporters that go to specific sites in Inside, it has a submarine ferry system that brings people from the surface down, it has an infirmary and many other things - some long-forgotten. Scattered throughout the base are various rooms, hallways, bedrooms, recreation rooms, and so on. There is a semi-mystical feeling here, full of long-lost secrets.

Sky Base
    Most people don't know this exists or even what it contains. Most people probably didn't even know this existed. It was a forgotten part of HALO, and is being re-used now that the bases are combined.

BASE NPCS
    Spoiler
    Show

Tower Servants (Player: Anyone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Recently discovered by KR, these magical servants were created by the original inhabitants of VIGIL, but only recently re-awakened. They appear as ordinary humans of various appearances, some male and some female, and all of them different looking, though they share the same vaguely attractive, but neutral features. All of them wear form-fitting knee length grey coats, buttoned all the way up the front and embroidered with a single eye on the left breast, in addition to dark trousers and shoes. Though solid seeming, and able to interact with physical objects, closer inspection will reveal that their physical 'substance' is made up of thousands of tiny magic sigils, constantly shifting and moving past each other to create an illusion of solid presence.

The Tower Servants, though unable to speak, write or communicate beyond simple body language, have a limited intelligence and ability to learn, and a natural compulsion to clean, garden, arrange, and just generally make themselves useful at all times. They can also understand speech or written instructions and can thus be commanded to perform specific tasks or assist specific individuals, with tasks as complex as leading them to specific areas of the tower, doing laundry, putting items away in specific places, or even cooking basic meals.

They are unable to participate in combat of any kind, and will generally ignore intruders of any kind, though they cannot take orders from those they do not recognize as inhabitants of the tower. If a servant is 'damaged', either by physical force such as a sword thrust or by a spell, the servant will dissipate, and reappear in 24 hours, seemingly unharmed.

Though mute and meant to be perfectly servile and unassuming, some of them may seem to manifest subtle personality traits. Whether this is a genuine phenomenon or just wishful thinking and a desire to project human traits onto inhuman (but human-like) constructs is uncertain.

A Perfectly Ordinary Cat (Player: Kris on a Stick)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a perfectly ordinary cat. A white cat. With a black collar made of some mysterious, stone-like material that's immune to scratching or chipping of any sort. A close look at the collar will reveal faintly etched runes in the stone, which seem to glow slightly in the presence of magic, and brightly in the presence of powerful magic. Despite being perfectly ordinary, the cat has a few powers. First of all, it can understand language, and speak any language that exists, in the realms of mortals or gods, with a voice that would sound perfectly androgynous to all those who hear it. Second of all, it seemed to have the ability to bypass any and all barriers, physical or magical, slipping through stone doors or forcefields of any sort as if they were air. This ability would only seem to work within the confines of the fortress, however, though this is hard to prove since the cat does not seem to be able to leave the fortress by any means.

The cat is highly bitter and sardonic, and will likely taunt any hapless members or visitors it comes across, though it will help them grudgingly if asked, and in fact seems to appear specifically when help is most needed.

The cat seems to be able to control the Seen Servants mentally, and exhibits some degree of control over the tower's magical functions, turning lights on and off or activating other forms of magic at a whim.

There are surely other NPCs in the other bases; I either don't know them or don't have the time to put them in yet.

Membership/Leadership Lists
    * Although the members are relatively known by the players in the organizations, they are either too complicated, out-of-date, hashtagged, in fluctuation, or so on to be put in right now. If you have a dying urge to see the membership lists, go back and look at the HALO and WATCHTOWER threads. What's important right now is to get the thread up, not to have a flawless first post.

Leaders: These four leaders are in charge of the general direction of the group. Their permission is not needed for every individual action a member makes, but things that affect the organization as a whole or that need a mobilization of the entire VIGIL should go through them.
    • DC => Wenomir
    • Magtok
    • Cessie
    • Carrie

Previous Threads
    Spoiler
    Show

HALO I
    HALO II
    HALO III
    HALO IV
    HALO V
    HALO VI
    HALO VII
    HALO VIII
    HALO IX
    HALO X
    HALO XI
    HALO XII
    HALO XIII
    HALO XIV
    HALO XV
    HALO XVI
    HALO XVII
    HALO XVIII
    HALO XIX: Now thinking with Portals
    HALO XX: I Hate Roman Numerals.
    HALO XXI: Randomness Present 24/7.
    HALO XXII: I'll be coming home, just to be alone...
    HALO XXIII: Yes, we ARE watching you...
    HALO XXIV: Yeah, we're that cool!
    HALO XXV: Where Sleep is the Answer
    HALO XXVI: Too many threads to count.
    HALO XXVII: What are you looking at?!
    HALO XXVIII: Romance is More Important than You, AMEN
    HALO XXIX: 'Cuz We're So Much Better!
    HALO XXX: Brand Spankin' New!
    HALO XXXI: Look Out, Super Bowl!
    HALO XXXII: What do you mean "overpowered"?
    HALO XXXIII: The sea's evaporating, though it comes as no surprise....
    HALO XXXIV: We Switched to Decaf.
    HALO XXXV: Open to Suggestions
    HALO XXXVI More seasons then.....
    HALO XXXVII: I blame your for the moonlit sky...
    HALO XXXVIII: He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done
    HALO XXXIX: In Dee Ana Jones and the Invaders of the Last Quark!!!
    HALO XL: To see the right....
    HALO XLI: This was a triumph, I'm making a note here....
    HALO XLII: Can't hear the rhythm for the drums.
    HALO XLIII: He Who Wishes to Secure.....
    HALO XLIV: I see a man with a flag and he leads the procession...
    HALO XLV: I'm Good Because I Didn't Shoot
    HALO XLVI: I don't believe in the sky bully.
    HALO XLVII: I ride this train in the windswept afternoon.....
    HALO XLVIII: If we couldn't laugh, we would go insane.
    HALO XLIX: . . . Sense? What's that?
    HALO L: In HALO, Evil Fight You!
    HALO LI: Link! He come to town, then he left.
    HALO LII: This thread is what all true warriors strive for!
    HALO LIII: You're a Little Short for Gods...
    HALO LIV: War! What is it good for?
    HALO LV: Absolutely nothing of importance or value
    HALO LVI: More kids than an orphanage
    HALO LVII: It's okay if the good guys do it......
    HALO LVIII: Tom Cruise Crazy.
    HALO LVIX: Who's Gonna Tell You When It's Too Late
    HALO LX: The End Of The World As We Know It.
    HALO LXI: Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers.
    HALO LXII: Quote, what quote? Where?
    HALO LXIII: This is not Sparta
    HALO LXIV: We do not require additional pylons
    HALO LXV: Do you believe in Miracles?
    HALO LXVI: Song to say goodbye...
    HALO LXVII: Oww my IQ.
    HALO LXVIII: Shiiiiiny!
    HALO LXIX: Get your mind into the gutter
    HALO LXX: Mouthwash? Good deeds don't leave a bad aftertaste
    HALO LXXI: Title Broke
    HALO LXXII (apparently): All Good People Know Good People
    HALO LXXIII: Some Have Greatness Thrust Upon Them
    HALO LXXIV: Strange Infatuation Seems to Grace the Evening Tide.....
    HALO 75: Now with Arabic Numerals!
    HALO LXXVI (I think): The incredible, edible egg, er, thread.
    HALO 77: (insert pop culture reference here).
    HALO 78
    HALO 79: This is taking too dang quick!
    HALO LXXX: Biggest and the Best!
    HALO LXXXI: Fighting against evil since founding!
    HALO LXXXII: In some galaxies this is called 'loitering'
    HALO LXXXIII
    HALO LXXXIV: Rise of The Killer Mutant Gerbilturtles!
    HALO LXXXV: I can see my house from here!
    HALO LXXXVI: Paladins are kredit to team!
    HALO LXXXVII: "Yes, we do have an angel. An annoying one."
    HALO LXXXVIII: Drama, Hugs, and Not Much Else, Really.
    HALO LXXXIX: Not quite 90210 but close
    HALO XC: Is that the right numeral?
    HALO XCI: Once upon a time, in ACRO Nexus...
    HALO XCII: It's just I react to certain doom a certain way
    HALO XCIII: After the boys of Summer have gone...
    HALO XCIV: Insert Comic Book Quote Here
    HALO XCV: Under the Sea!
    HALO XCVI: Will do love plots for food
    HALO XCVII: We're in your Base, killing your Dudes.
    HALO XCVIII: We came here in peace, and we expect to go in one...piece.
    HALO XCIX: The months just fly by... and are usually distracted by shiny objects
    HALO C: Just over 150,000 posts!
    HALO CI: 101 Relations
    HALO CII: Love triangle are so last season, Love hexigons are so in!
    HALO CIII: Now With 60% More Cowbell
    HALO CIV: For a moment there I thought we were in trouble...
    HALO CV: We're just ot pretty to die.
    HALO CVI: Criminal Villain Investigators
    HALO CVII: My Grandma said, you want honey? Follow the bees!
    HALO CVII: These numbers are getting ridiculous
    HALO CIX: 109 Fists in the Air
    HALO CX: Maybe it's made of chocolate
    HALO CXI: Playing Little Mermaid music 24/7
    HALO CXII: This time, it's not HALO CXI
    HALO CXIII: Undomesticated equines cannot keep you away
    HALO CXIV: Defying the laws of Deadtime
    HALO CXV: I'm going to go mad, and I'm taking you with me
    HALO CXVII: Finish the Fight... Eventually
    HALO CXVIII: Get the reference or get out
    HALO CXIX: Now in the future too!
    HALO CXX: Thread by Pally, awesome by others
    HALO CXXI: I don't suppose the word "dweeb" means anything to you guys
    HALO CXXII: Tobias Couldn't Stand Us Any More! Can You?
    HALO CXXIII: Dance for Your Life!
    HALO CXXIV: What Insanity?
    HALO CXXVI is sponsored by: EDENcorp. for your convenience
    HALO CXXVII: Can YOU find the difference?
    HALO CXXVIII: Your planet's weird...
    HALO CXXIX: We Have Beach Access!
    HALO CXXX: We sponsor Paladins!
    HALO CXXXI It's Covered in BEEEEES!(I do't know how many E's.
    HALO CXXXII I see one more numeral!
    HALO-CXXXIII:Catgirls ,Emo's and lesbians 'R' us!
    HALO 135: Still counting!
    HALO CXXXV: Oi, you! Get in here!
    HALO CXXXVI: We are the terror that flaps in the night!
    HALO CXXXVII: Blankity blankity blank!
    HALO 138: Oh fer cryin' out loud!
    HALO CXXXIX: Just 11 more threads and we get a free one!
    HALO CXCI: Yeah, we totally counted 135 twice
    HALO CXL: Nice Place you Got Here!
    HALO CXLI: Red Fish/Blue Fish
    HALO CXLII: Everybody is dead Dave
    HALO CLXIII: It all comes down to this...no! No! Not that!
    HALO CXLIV: Where homicidal embodiments of evil dust our vases
    HALO CXLV: Glub glub. Fugu!
    HALO CXLVI: That number keeps getting bigger
    HALO CXLVII: Right! I forgot to say, I told you so!
    HALO CXLVIII: Think about it.
    HALO 149: I Am Arabic Numerals (And So Can You!)
    HALO CL: We Are 150% Legendary!
    Halo CLI: Now with 10% more stuff
    HALO 152, Take 2
    HALO 153: Where Singing "Under the Sea" is Heavily Discouraged
    HALO 154: That is the mission
    HALO 155: "Drow, Infernal, Fox-Signal, whatever else you got..."
    HALO 156: Incurring Aquaman's Jealousy
    HALO 157: But Who Was Ocean?
    HALO 158: Yeah, well, I thought I was ingeniouser.
    HALO 159: Part of Your Omniverse
    HALO 160: Base-Trapped
    HALO 161: We Are The Ocean
    HALO 162: One Night In HALO Makes A Hard Man Humble
    HALO 163: Three fries short of a Happy Meal
    HALO 164: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey base of stuff
    HALO 165: Disturbing the Fishy Neighbors Since Forever
    HALO 166: Kicking Down Evil's Door Since '07
    HALO 167: Whatever happened to Roman numerals?
    HALO 168: Nunc com pluribus verbis adrogantibus
    HALO 169: Look at this place! Isn't it neat?
    HALO 170: You want your thread? HERE IS YOUR THREAD!!!
    HALO 171: Public Dreams
    HALO 172: Bee Nightmare
    HALO 173: Emotionally Stable Characters Not Welcome
    HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you are
    HALO 175: Insert Witty Comment Here
    HALO 176: Sic TransitlawlnopeFFnotdoingthis
    HALO 177: かわいい猫がいる
    HALO 178: Mia clementia denor esto
    HALO 179: Under New MAGnagement!

WATCHTOWER 1: I can see my house from here! 07/09/2009 - 13/12/2009
    WATCHTOWER 2: Who Watches the WATCHTOWER? 13/12/2009 - 09/05/2010
    WATCHTOWER 3: Big Brother is WATCHing You. 09/05/2010 - 30/07/2010
    WATCHTOWER 4: Doing Nothing, With Style (since 2009) 30/07/2010 - 12/09/2010
    WATCHTOWER 5: 100 Rooms of DOOOM! 12/09/2010 - 14/11/2010
    WATCHTOWER 6: Like Justice League, but ON LAAAND! 14/11/2010 - 17/01/2011
    WATCHTOWER 7: In the Face of Overwhelming Adversity, we Break Things. 17/01/2011 - 13/03/2011
    WATCHTOWER 8: It's Curtains for You! 13/03/2011 - 09/04/2011
    WATCHTOWER 9: The Impenetrable Thread. 09/04/2011 - 28/05/2011
    WATCHTOWER 10: All Out of Bubblegum 28/05/2011 - 28/06/2011
    WATCHTOWER's 11: Fighting Apocalypses Through Childbearing 28/06/2011 - 19/08/2011
    WATCHTOWER 12: Maturity Optional 19/08/2011 - 4/10/2011
    WATCHTOWER the 13th 4/10/2011 - 18/11/2011
    WATCHTOWER 14: Now a Family Business. 18/11/2011 - 14/05/2012
    WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved! 14/05/2012 - 10/10/2012
    WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty 11/10/2012 - 13/08/2013
    WATCHTOWER 17: Through Cloud, Shadow, Earth, and Flesh. 13/08/2013 - 04/07/2014

WATCHTOWER and HALO Unification Tournament

VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Spoiler: Out of Character Notes
    Show

1. Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, no randomly destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players. If you do want to run a plot in which a base or the whole organization gets destroyed, though, feel free to run your idea through OoC to see if other people like it and are willing to roleplay it out!
    2. No godmoding/godmodding. It's not permitted in other ACRONYMs, and it isn't in VIGIL. The occasional mishap's OK, repeated offense isn't.
    3. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
    4. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
    5. Romance/Fanservice/Secks/WOOHOO!/Whateveryawannacallit is acceptable here, but remember to curtain once it goes past the snuggling stage, and be aware that there may be IC repercussions for dropping the curtain whenever you're online, as this is a thread with a mission. And said mission does not involve ******* like rabbits.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2015-01-06 at 04:55 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

[Underwater Base - Entrance]

Wenomir arrives through the permanent portal. He's been here before, of course, but now that Watchtower and HALO are both VIGIL, he feels like he needs to be come more familiar with the place.

[Mountain Base]

Thariza, on the other hand, arrives in the tower. She for her part has never been in Watchtower's former headquarters, having spent her time in the underwater base, the field or the Dancing Fox Inn.

My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Already there herself, Carrie sees Weno and gives a little wave, smiling awkwardly. She knows little about the stoic, scarred man, and figures she may as well try to learn about her fellow VIGIL officer.
    Oh, um, hey...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir looks down at Carrie when he sees her, but then he salutes.

"Carrie, was it? One of the leaders of our new group."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Wenomir looks down at Carrie when he sees her, but then he salutes.

"Carrie, was it? One of the leaders of our new group."
    Carrie starts to salute, but then realize that she technically outranks Weno and isn't sure if she should salute, but figures that she can salute if she wants and...
    Suffice to say, her returned salute is hesitant and awkward. Oh, um, yeah, guess I am... Inspirational leaderlike confidence! So... like it here?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mountain Base

Thariza may run into a human, dressed in a black military uniform and slinging a sniper rifle across his back. She'll probably notice the scarred flesh running across his left cheek.

"You were in HALO, right? Good to meet you."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose so," Wenomir says. "I've been here on business once or twice before. Usually to share some information. I don't really know people from here all that well, though, apart from Tobias and his sister. I knew Sam Goswell back when we were both in GLoG."

[Mountain Base]

"I was in HALO, yes," the Charr says. "I've never been here, so I figured I'd drop by and take a look at the place. Name is Thariza Brighthorn."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Undersea Base]

"Gud day everyone!!!" Said one of the heads of a large two headed ogre, as he walks towards Carrie and Wenomir. "Grrritzz za name, punchins mah game!" "Where does I signs up!"

"Quiet you donkey", said the other head as it socked Grrritzz in the mouth. "How rude of you." "Murris on duty captain", said Murris as he began to salute, with Grrritzz following suit soon afterwards

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

"I suppose so," Wenomir says. "I've been here on business once or twice before. Usually to share some information. I don't really know people from here all that well, though, apart from Tobias and his sister. I knew Sam Goswell back when we were both in GLoG."
    Carrie nods. Oh yeah, I, uh... I know Sammie pretty well. She realizes that calling the woman 'Sammie' probably gave away just how well she knows the super-hot badass redhead.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Mountain Base

"Boris Krestyanov," he says. "I was in Watchtower, but you probably guessed that. I was a Spetsnaz captain before that."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir doesn't really pick up on that. As far as he knows, it's just a pet name between friends. Then, however, an ogre shows up.

"You've come to the right place. This is one of the three bases of VIGIL." He looks back at Carrie. "Of course, our former two groups had different recruitment processes."

[Mountain Base]

"Oh? A fellow soldier, then," Thariza says. "I was in the Iron Legion of the Charr before winding up here. What's your speciality?"

12. - Top - End - #12

Mountain Base

"My unit was for special ops that a normal squad couldn't handle, ops that required precision and stealth," Boris says. Kind of like a smaller, more specialized Ash Legion, actually. "Myself, I'm a sniper. I get called in to hit targets from a kilometer away."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[Undersea Base]
    "I believe you wish for our recruit papers, yes?" "Well, heres mine" says Murris.

Name:Murris
    Sex: Male
    Species:Ettin
    Profession:Docter of advance surgery MD.
    Reason for joining VIGIL: To honorably fight, treat, and die amongst my brothers in battle, and to show that Ettins can contribute to society and not be seen as monsters.
    Contribution: Cool under pressure 100 surgeries performed and successful, knows the enemy inside and out.

"Now for Grrritzzz's", says Murris as he holds his hand out, expectant of his papers. Grrritzzz looks at Murris with a pissed off look before smacking the papers in his hand. "Thank you!"says Murris, while Grrritzzz's curses under his breath.
    Name:Grrritzzz
    Sex:Oh Yeah!!
    Species:???
    Profession: I PUNCH STUFF!
    Reason for joining VIGIL: Why not?
    Contribution:I PUNCH STUFF!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Mountain Base]
    There is a loud knock at the entrance to the Mountain Base of VIGIL - perhaps loud enough that the two soldiers would notice.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    In about a week, probably. However, if you wish I could bring you there so you can see one in real life, observe it for a bit.
    Sophiaoffers.
    Yuki nods and beams at her. "Oh, yes! That would be wonderful. After all, we will need to capture one, so some recon would be very helpful."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Yuki nods and beams at her. "Oh, yes! That would be wonderful. After all, we will need to capture one, so some recon would be very helpful."
    Sophia nods.
    Onwards to Outside then?
    She asks.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Grrritzz and Murris have decided not to join VIGIL, and have left the Undersea Base

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Entrance]

"My job was, and still is, I guess, to protect snipers, cannons and gunners while in the field," Thariza begins to explain when she hears knocking. "Looks like somebody is trying to get in. Let's see who that is." She heads over to do just that.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sophia nods.
    Onwards to Outside then?
    She asks.
    "Indeed." Yuki smiles and follows her.

((Do you wanna make the first post? ))
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

20. - Top - End - #20

Mountain Base

Boris nods and goes over with Thariza, intending to open the front door himself.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Mountain Base]
    Behind the door is a rather short man, who bears a cheeky grin on his face. He wears a drab green knit cap, matching his long, drab green deel. He clicks his heavy, brown boots together, meeting Boris with a salute. "Hello! This is VIGIL, yes? Stalwart defenders of justice?" At this point, Boris might notice Winchester model 1895 that lies behind the man. "I seek entrance into this organization." The smile remains on his face as he waits for a response.
    Last edited by Fine Dining Set; 2014-07-06 at 11:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Entrance]

Thariza will let Boris open the door, instead standing a bit behind him and to the side. She's a rather large woman who resembles a bipedal sabre-toothed cat.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Wenomir doesn't really pick up on that. As far as he knows, it's just a pet name between friends. Then, however, an ogre shows up.
    Carrie coughs, swallowing. So, uh... yeah. Nice to finally have the merger underway, guess I'll have to drop by the mountain base soon...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir tilts his head, confused. He's not sure why Carrie is nervous.

"Was it something I said?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    "Indeed." Yuki smiles and follows her.

((Do you wanna make the first post? ))
    ((Can u? I'm lazy))

Outside Mountain Base
    Another person is here!
    Charlotte, a 15 year old teen with olive skin, a narrowing face with tranquil green eyes, and long brown hair tied in a ponytail by a red ribbon, stands here, her tallish, somewhat attractive (She's 15, okay?) form clad in a black, red trimmed skirt, black shirt under a red hooded cloak, and black, red trimmed snowboots. Her hands hold a long silver spear, positioned behind her head and resting on her shoulders.
    She knocks on the door.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #26

Mountain Base

I doubt Boris would recognize an American rifle from almost a century before his birth. And he doesn't, he just knows it's an old rifle. He rolls his eyes a bit at "Stalwart Defenders of Justice," but at least he doesn't look hostile. "Sure, come on in. What's your name?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

[Mountain Base]

The man is taken aback by the cat-like humanoid, but his grin only grows when Boris speaks. "I know that accent - you're Russian, yes? Greetings, товарищ! I come to you as a fellow militant and revolutionary!" When he says 'comrade' in Russian, his accent becomes incredibly apparent - this is a man from Mongolia. "Did I say it properly? I can read your language, but alas, cannot yet speak it. Perhaps as the relations between our two countries improve, I will have a chance to better study it." He fixes the saber that rests at his belt. "Ah, yes, I am Karljaav. It's truly a pleasure to meet you - a Russian - in such a strange land as this." He extends his hand to Boris. "Is this cat-creature a companion of yours?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base]

"The cat-creature's name is Thariza, Thariza Ebonhorn," the Charr says, a little tersely. But she is used to people being taken aback by her appearance. Even in the melting pot that is the Nexus, Charr are somewhat original-looking.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Wenomir tilts his head, confused. He's not sure why Carrie is nervous.

"Was it something I said?"
    She shakes her head, toying with her hair. No, um... sorry, I just get nervous pretty easily, and the whole VIGIL thing is a little daunting at first...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Public Phone

There's a phone call to the new Org. I'm not entirely sure if they have a special emergency hotline or just a phone number, but there is surely one of those things for perceptive citizens to report threats and the like.
    Ring ring!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]