New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Rose finishes filling out the form and hands it back. "I wasn't there for very long, unfortunately. Things came up back in Creation..."

She sighs. "Didn't get to know many people there. Anyway, here you go."

Spoiler: Rose's Membership Form
    Show
    Name: Triumphant Rose Guardian (I go by Rose, though)
    Sex: Female
    Species: Human (Solar Exalted)
    Profession: Warrior
    Reason for joining VIGIL: Fighting that which needs to be fought
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to VIGIL: I'm very, very good at fighting, even without taking into consideration my powers as an Exalted. Other than that... long experience, mostly.
    Other Information: None I can think of.

Of note, she looks... a lot younger than 30. 18 or 19, maybe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Rose finishes filling out the form and hands it back. "I wasn't there for very long, unfortunately. Things came up back in Creation..."

She sighs. "Didn't get to know many people there. Anyway, here you go."

Spoiler: Rose's Membership Form
    Show
    Name: Triumphant Rose Guardian (I go by Rose, though)
    Sex: Female
    Species: Human (Solar Exalted)
    Profession: Warrior
    Reason for joining VIGIL: Fighting that which needs to be fought
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to VIGIL: I'm very, very good at fighting, even without taking into consideration my powers as an Exalted. Other than that... long experience, mostly.
    Other Information: None I can think of.

Of note, she looks... a lot younger than 30. 18 or 19, maybe.
    Carrie is no stranger to real-age/apparent-age discrepancies, especially with her former job as a goddess.
    Well, then, nice to meet you. I vaguely remember knowing an Exalt back at HALO---not you, another person. She smiles.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh? Who was it? Maybe I'd know them."

Rose smiles back at Carrie.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh? Who was it? Maybe I'd know them."

Rose smiles back at Carrie.
    [Mountain Base]
    Meidani, I think? Not quite sure, especially, but I think that was her name? She shrugs, wings shifting on her back.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-08-19 at 07:27 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

"...don't think I've really heard of her, sorry. Creation's pretty big, though. She might just be in an entirely different Direction."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

"...don't think I've really heard of her, sorry. Creation's pretty big, though. She might just be in an entirely different Direction."
    [Mountain Base]
    Carrie nods. Same with the Nexus, except when it isn't... it's weird like that here, basically.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it's always like that with Creation. The place is massive.

Anyway, yeah. Anything that needs help with at the moment?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, it's always like that with Creation. The place is massive.

Anyway, yeah. Anything that needs help with at the moment?"
    She shakes her head. Not really--I'm actually here at the Mountain Base for the first time.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, right. Still getting used to the merger, huh."

Rose looked up at the base, her silver hair almost seeming to shine in the sunlight. "Why did the merger happen, anyway?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, right. Still getting used to the merger, huh."

Rose looked up at the base, her silver hair almost seeming to shine in the sunlight. "Why did the merger happen, anyway?"
    [Mountain Base]
    ((Speaking of which, quick recap of her appearance? I can't find her in the Directory :u))
    It depends on who you ask, arguably, but it's probably because both orgs needed a revitalization the other could provide.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Rose is a young-looking woman, who appears about 18-19 years old. She's got silver hair, bright blue eyes, fair skin, and is... lean would be the best way to describe her build. She's obviously fit, and fairly attractive. Right now, she's wearing fairly casual clothing}}

The Exalt nods. "As good a reason as any other..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Rose is a young-looking woman, who appears about 18-19 years old. She's got silver hair, bright blue eyes, fair skin, and is... lean would be the best way to describe her build. She's obviously fit, and fairly attractive. Right now, she's wearing fairly casual clothing}}

The Exalt nods. "As good a reason as any other..."
    [Mountain Base]
    Carrie nods. Since we're both new here, guess we could explore it together.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Base]

Rose nods, and smiles. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Mountain Base Front Entrance]

Geneva saw this place once already, though she hadn't really looked into its purpose in great detail. An obviously insane person ranting at her while she was hunting for a particularly difficult to obtain bit of technology in Skyside had made her realize that getting in touch with VIGIL might be a good idea. Cessie already knew about her project and she didn't seem concerned, so it was Geneva's hope that the rest of the organization's leadership would feel the same way.

So to that end?

The huge hippogriff comes in for an easy landing at a nice, open spot outside the tower and begins trotting toward the front entrance. Also? She runs her talons through her mane a few times to make sure that it isn't sticking up at any weird angles.

She wouldn't want to leave a poor first impression, after all.

Once at the entrance she'll knock. Or bang the knocker on the door. Or ring the doorbell.

Or do whatever is required to make people inside aware of her presence outside.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Kitchen]
    Carrie kisses back, leaning closer with a happy little sigh. It's good to get back to the things she's so used to.
    Sam pulls back, a mischievous smirk on her face. It's been awhile since I got to kiss a superior officer.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Eira shrugs and says, "Well, I don't know...I don't think there's a problem, though. Worst comes to worst, we'll just have to do something around here." She seems to be completely oblivious to Kyne's interests.
    Kyne sighs and starts walking away. I meant there might be a conflict of interest. The family business is no longer HALO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    MagOffice - Contract Negotiations

"The vast majority of the people you'd be investigating aren't likely to care much about some flippant rabble rousing and government-mocking. Just don't walk into any imperial sting operations and you should be fine," Magtok answers, not terribly convinced that Dipsnig or Vyrn could do much of anything to stop the operative.
    Very well... names, names... I think this nom de guerre should be Alec. As in Leamas. Callsign "Able". Unless Magtok wants something a bit more theatrical for his mercenary. Now, let's discuss payment. Listen closely, because this is different. I want you to create a company and then sell a controlling interest of its voting stock shares to a holding company I will specify. The company needs to be all about natural resource exploration and exploitation. Experienced personnel and whatever tech is needed to find valuable resources and mine them or whatever. The kind of company that can make anyone in the Nexus very rich and powerful, the kind that everyone loves to see, understand? Obviously, there can be no connection whatsoever to MagCorp. The man now known as Alec smiles at the cyborg, pausing for any questions.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mountain Base]

Rose nods, and smiles. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea..."
    Carrie looks around at the unfamiliar building. Uhh... where do we start?
    ---
    [HALO Kitchen]
    Carrie blushes, smiling shyly. Oh gods, I outrank you, don't I? Does that make me hot now?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Hi, uh. I'm Carrie. VIGIL officer. Kiiiinda figured I should see the Mountain Base.
    She blinks, shifting on her feet. It's, uh... very tall.
    [Mountain Base - Front Gates]

"Carrie?" Mia wonders. "I think I heared this name. your in the leadership and came from HALO, right?
    And yes, it's a huge place here. As far as I know it was build to Watch over the Nexus."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Kyne sighs and starts walking away. I meant there might be a conflict of interest. The family business is no longer HALO's.
    Eira nods as she follows Kyne and says, "I guess that makes sense. But they still can't just kick you out like that."

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Mountain Base Front Entrance]

Geneva saw this place once already, though she hadn't really looked into its purpose in great detail. An obviously insane person ranting at her while she was hunting for a particularly difficult to obtain bit of technology in Skyside had made her realize that getting in touch with VIGIL might be a good idea. Cessie already knew about her project and she didn't seem concerned, so it was Geneva's hope that the rest of the organization's leadership would feel the same way.

So to that end?

The huge hippogriff comes in for an easy landing at a nice, open spot outside the tower and begins trotting toward the front entrance. Also? She runs her talons through her mane a few times to make sure that it isn't sticking up at any weird angles.

She wouldn't want to leave a poor first impression, after all.

Once at the entrance she'll knock. Or bang the knocker on the door. Or ring the doorbell.

Or do whatever is required to make people inside aware of her presence outside.
    Hello!

The voice doesn't come from inside. It comes from behind Geneva.

Krystal is carrying a decently sized box in her arms. It doesn't look heavy. Just big.

The mutant gives Geneva a welcoming smile. Her denim jacket, which she normally wears, is laying on the box for now, exposing more of her pale skin.

First time here?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #440

[Front Entrance]

You know what this post needs?

A description of Geneva.

Geneva is a pretty interesting creature. Exotic, even. In general shape she's a hippogriff, and she's huge. Nearly ten feet long and weighing in at roughly eight hundred pounds. Though that's just an estimate, it's rude to ask a lady how much she weighs. She boasts beautiful ash and slate grey feathers on her front half with a dappled snowflake pattern of the same color on her horse-like back half. The darker parts of her plumage shimmer with slight gold iridescence when the light hits her just right. Judging from her facial structure and crown feathers her eagle-part is clearly based on the harpy eagle, with a strongly hooked beak and dark eyes. She sports a draconic tail with fur atop and scales below, black etched with gold. Though perhaps most striking is the metallic hexagonal trapezohedron lattice at the end of her tail. The tail-cap is an elongated, six-faced mesh of gold enshrouding a night-sky black mass coiling about a point of purple radiance. A tiny star held captive within a gilded cage. As Geneva's tail twitches a faint trail of black and swirling purple hues lingers behind like a nebula in microcosm. Her hybrid traits aren't limited to the norm of a hippogriff, either. Her forelegs are equal parts lion and eagle, while her back legs have the strength and foundation of an earth pony combined with the nimble, cloven-hoofed grace of a unicorn. A bony plate runs up her forehead and parts at the crown, giving rise to a pair of curving maleficent-style draconic horns. What looks to be liquid gold runs along the grooves and spiraled fluting. Her wings, too, are equal parts griffin and dragon, both feathered and leathery giving rise to a visually pleasing hybrid of both. Though perhaps her strangest feature are the two golden D6 faces on her haunches, flush with her fur. Around each dot are tropical storm symbols of purple star sapphire, each slowly rotating and glittering in the sunlight. Given the way the metal flexes as she walks it appears to be part of her rather than some fancy bit of jewelry, as several would-be thieves have already found out.

But the Nexus is full of strange types, isn't it?

Geneva smiles back as best she can. "I've seen the tower in passing, but this is the first time I've actually visited," she explains. "I understand that VIGIL prides itself in protecting the Nexus at large from serious threats to its safety?"

21. - Top - End - #441

Front Entrance

Of course it is. That's what makes it awesome.

Krystal doesn't have as striking of an appearance as Geneva. But, she clearly isn't human. Her skin is very pale. Scars can be seen at her knuckles, wrists, elbows, and shoulders. She wears a red tank top, blue jeans, and black sneakers. The jeans have holes in the knees, revealing more scars. Her eyes are pure white. There is no visible trace of an iris or pupil. Just white. Her hair is cut short, and each strand resembles a single strand if a fiber optic cable. Her body has a slightly athletic build to it. Like she does just enough exercise.

Krystal nods a bit. Something like that. It's why I joined, actually. I was with GLOG, and while they do good stuff, I kinda wanted to have a more active role in helping people, ya know? She shifts her grip on the box a bit. You looking to join?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #442

[Front Entrance]

"Well, not exactly,"
    Geneva says evasively. "I really don't like fighting. I've tried to avoid it as much as I can. I would rather help people in a way that does put myself at grave bodily risk, if I can help it."

Her time spent trying to stay alive in the Wasteland was more fighting and killing and nearly getting killed than she'll ever need for a dozen life times. If she can go through the rest of her life without hurting another person ever again, that would be great. Even the memories of keeping her friend Cherry safe in the Bombed Out Zone back Inside leave her feeling uneasy.

"I'm working on a project. A, well, a bridge if I'm going to avoid all the technical jargon. Along with a number of other like minded individuals, I'm working on the design and construction of equipment that will allow bridges to be built between the Nexus and universes that it only connects to tentatively. The sorts of universes that sometimes dump people here, leaving them stranded with no way home," Geneva touches one of her claws to her breast feathers. "That's what happened to me. I'm sure other people have suffered that as well. If this project works out, people will have the choice to return home or stay here as they wish. And what's more, it'll allow people to freely cross from both sides."

Geneva smiles, her excitement building just talking about it.

"The Nexus already has many natural bridges like these. I've been studying them, figuring out how they work and how they form so that we can make them ourselves. A few people I've spoken to have expressed concern that this might result in some kind of apocalyptic dooms day scenario, though,"
    she adds, looking rather irritated at even the thought of that. "I can't imagine how such a thing could result from what amounts to replicating a natural process. Even so, I thought it would be a good idea to inform VIGIL of my work and maybe even see about getting some technical and magical help to make sure the worst case scenario doesn't happen?"

23. - Top - End - #443

Front Entrance

Krystal sets the box down and thinks things over for a moment.

Well, I can see both sides of this. Free travel between the realities can be good and bad. Being able to go home when you want is always a bonus. But...that means various baddies could bring things over here easier. Or invade from here to other realities. So, then you have to think of various ways to prevent that stuff.

With the point on a natural process causing a doomsday event, things like that have happened. Back in my world, there was a huge volcano that went off a long time ago that affected the whole entire planet. Being able to generate a natural event could have huge effects. Ones you don't even think of.

But...well, I'm all for this happening. As long as your team plans everything out carefully, it should be fine. Might end up kind of like the Bifrost.

Krystal reaches over to open the door. Let me drop this stuff off in my room, and I can take you to Magtok's office. I'm not entirely sure if he's an official leader here, but he is at least an important person.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #444

[Front Entrance ==> Dropping things off at a room?]

Geneva gives a little nod and follows. She's glad that most people around the Nexus don't get all nervous around her. She she had first arrived she had been worried that the more primitive parts of people's brains would ping her as a predator and leave them feeling ill at ease. Thankfully the Nexus' habit of grabbing weird things seems to have inoculated everyone against that.

"Oh, natural events can cause plenty of damage. I wasn't saying that. I mean that the Nexus already has many many natural Neighnstine-Roseluck bridges already. All the dangers you mentioned are already a factor. People can cross them freely for good or for ill. The only difference is that we would be able to choose where to make new bridges rather than leaving it to chance," Geneva explains. "And I have some ideas for securing any artificial bridges that we construct. Having security personnel on claw would help ensure that nothing nefarious happens."

Because the last thing everyone wants is nefarious stuff happening.

Except maybe AMEN.

They seem to be pretty keen on nefarious stuff.

25. - Top - End - #445

Dropping Stuff Off

Krystal isn't one to judge anybody by their looks. I mean, she was on the receiving end of that sort of thing for years before she came here.

She nods a bit. True, true. But maybe they meant more along the lines of trying to control nature. Which can lead to bad things.

Krystal remembered the layout from the tour Magtok gave her, which is always a good thing. So, it isn't long before the pair of them reach the dorm area, where Krystal leaves the box she was carrying.

Sorry for dragging you to my room. I just joined, so I'm still moving in.

And now, to Magtok's office! Once there, Krystal will knock on the door.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #446

[To Magtok's Office!]

For a moment Geneva's giving Krystal a really weird look. But then she gives her head a little shake and laughs. "I keep forgetting that most other worlds work like the Everfree Forest. Controlling nature isn't bad. Controlling nature is the foundation of civilization. Your food, your clothing, your home. All those things are the result of putting a yoke and bridle on nature and making it work for you. Before the War happened back home, nature was all precisely controlled. The weather, the cycles of plant and animal life, even the motions of the heavens. Nature running wild was considered completely unnatural."

It's a very tightly controlled universe Geneva came from.

Very much unlike the Earth that most of the Nexus' population knows.

"Controlling nature, technology and magic, can lead to bad things. Any tool can be used for evil. But they can also be used for great good. Blaming the tool for a problem is silly. Tools don't know any better. They just get used for whatever their wielder desires. We need to hold those who use the tool irresponsibly, instead."

Geneva is pretty pro-scientific advancement, it would seem.

27. - Top - End - #447

MagOffice - Sea Base

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    MagOffice

"Uh...sir?"
    Has Magtok ever received a look from a large dinosaur, a look which conveys worry and a morbid curiousity? It's unlikely, but that's the look he's getting now from one Lexington, who is still in the room. Probably uncomfortably, unless Magtok's office is that big.
    Well Magtok would've liked it to be that big, but unfortunately, this office used to belong to Tobias, so until he can get the person who lives next door to either quit the organization or agree to have their room bulldozed so the office can be a bit more spacious, it's a reasonably sized office and nothing more.

"I'm fine, Lex. Let's just go harass that TrogMex place, and see if it really needs to be brought back to the status quo." Mag shakes his head, rises from his desk, and heads for the door.

MagOffice - Mountain Base

Huh. Magtok has an office here? That's...well okay, I guess that does makes sense. He's a leader at both bases, after all, and up until he does something wrong to give DC or Kr or Wendy a reason to want him dead, there's no reason not to maintain a presence in both realms.

"Step right in, door's not locked!"

It's just a bedroom (or maybe two, if he could get away with that) he hastily converted into an office, since he doesn't really need a place to live at either of the bases. As Krystal steps in, she'll see Magbots still hard at work remodeling the office, putting chrome floor tiles in place of whatever was there before, putting turrets into hidden wall-panels, and various hanging paintings of Magtok, meant to resemble famous art ranging from Napoleon Crossing the Alps, The Scream, and even the Sistine Chapel's ceiling. Magtok himself is just sitting at his desk, watching them all, pleased to see everything going so well.

"Hi Krystal, stranger. Don't mind the bots, they'll be done soon. Have a seat...or don't. Umm..." Magtok frowns, not really sure what to do about the massive hippogriff Krystal is leading inside. I mean, these chairs are sturdy, but definitely not strong enough to support that. He might have to tell a few Magbots to leave, to be sure that there's enough room in here for it, maybe move some of the chairs behind his desk for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #448

[Magtok's Office]

"I'm use to sitting on the floor by now," Geneva replies with a wane smile. "I don't have much of a choice, since everyone here is so abnormally small."

Yep.

She's still on about that.

Everyone else is tiny and she's normal sized. Silly tiny people. It's more of a joke than anything else, at this point.

Geneva takes a little breath and then repeats what she had said earlier. Word for word. Because that's a thing she does as opposed to it being an excuse for Rebo to be lazy and copy-paste something that was already written.

"I'm working on a project. A, well, a bridge if I'm going to avoid all the technical jargon. Along with a number of other like minded individuals, I'm working on the design and construction of equipment that will allow bridges to be built between the Nexus and universes that it only connects to tentatively. The sorts of universes that sometimes dump people here, leaving them stranded with no way home," Geneva touches one of her claws to her breast feathers. "That's what happened to me. I'm sure other people have suffered that as well. If this project works out, people will have the choice to return home or stay here as they wish. And what's more, it'll allow people to freely cross from both sides."

Geneva smiles, her excitement building just talking about it.

"The Nexus already has many natural bridges like these. I've been studying them, figuring out how they work and how they form so that we can make them ourselves. A few people I've spoken to have expressed concern that this might result in some kind of apocalyptic dooms day scenario, though," she adds, looking rather irritated at even the thought of that. "I can't imagine how such a thing could result from what amounts to replicating a natural process. Even so, I thought it would be a good idea to inform VIGIL of my work and maybe even see about getting some technical and magical help to make sure the worst case scenario doesn't happen?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2014-08-20 at 01:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449

Mountain Base - Magtok's Office

Krystal nods in agreement with Geneva about tools not being to blame. That was true.

Then comes Kerfuffle's assumption that Magtok had an office here. Which becomes true. That's quite a power, actually...

Anyways, Krystal waves to Magtok and quickly moves inside to let Geneva in. Since the hippogriff was the one who wanted to see Magtok, Krystal stays off to the side, admiring the paintings. She found them amusing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

30. - Top - End - #450

Mountain Base - Magtok's Office

"The difference between the natural-forming bridges and your idea is that most of the former are one-way, exist for all of a second, and deposit exactly one living being into the Nexus. You'd need emergency seals or a tollbooth or floodgates or something or other to clear people before letting them come or go. We wouldn't want, just for example's sake, the Marvel Zombies setting connected to this one without limitations, because though we might save two apocalypse survivors, at least ten absurdly super-powered undead would fly in, eating mountains of innocent flesh and turning others into more of their kind. Native threats are enough trouble, without the entire multiverse's menaces streaming in to have a shot at our world's power and resources every Tuesday evening."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi