New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Base - Lab]

Wenomir's there if anyone is looking for him.
    Aiden's wandering around the base to see how much of it is like the base he used to live at. He catches sight of Wenomir, and frowns a little. That looked a lot like the Wenomir he knew, but so different at the same time. He decides to try his luck at guessing people's names.

"Hey, Wenomir, good to see you! But what's with the armor? Where're your robes?" he asks.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

Wenomir looks up from the glove in utter confusion.

"...I think you're confusing me with someone else. Are you a new member?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93

Mountain Base - Lab

Aiden snickers a little and shakes his head. "I guess you could say that. I was with Watch before I came to this Nexus. There was a Wenomir there, too." He shrugs and holds up his membership form. "But now that I'm here, I figure I may as well see what this Keep's like."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

Wenomir shakes his head. What is it with time travellers and alternate universes these days?

"You know what, I'm not even surprised. This paper looks legitimate. But are you telling me the other Wenomir wore robes?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #95

Mountain Base - Front Gates

"Nice to meet you, Krystal. Assuming this is our first meeting, I mean. I feel like we've met before, on not altogether friendly terms, though I can't quite place the when, wheres, or why."

He frowns, doing a quick skim through his mental archives, but doesn't come up with anything. Maybe she was at a MagCave party? It's possible. Something about her suggests GLoG, though he can't recall ever encountering her there, either. Oh well, whatever it was, I'm sure it was nothing important.

"There's a form Watch's half of the leadership insists you fill out, followed by a test of some sort, to gauge your usefulness. I'm not really big on either of these two things, as HALO didn't have either, but rules are rules, and I'd rather my arguments with them be over something of importance. Let me know if you have any good test ideas."

Quote Originally Posted by Membership Form
    Name:
    Species:
    Profession:
    Reason for joining VIGIL:
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to VIGIL:
    Other Information:
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #96

Mountain Base - Lab

"Yeah, he hated armor, swords, pretty much anything cool," Aiden says. "Plus he'd probably kill himself if got so much as a bruise on his face, let alone all your scars." He shrugs and grins. "We didn't agree on a lot of things."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

"Did your version also include DC the pacifistic, smooth-talking philanthropist and KR the air-headed party animal?" Wenomir asks, in a rare display of humour.

8. - Top - End - #98

Mountain Base - Lab

Aiden laughs a little at that before saying, "No, no, they're not like that in my Nexus at all." Before Wenomir can press the subject further, he continues with, "Man, I bet I'm a total wimp here."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

"Couldn't say," Wenomir answers with a shrug. "I've never met anyone named Aidan. So whoever the other-you is, I don't know them."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal shrugs a bit. I know I've seen you before, at least. I used to work at the infirmary of GloG for a while. If you've been there, you might be seen me.

When the form is brought up, Krystal reaches into a pocket on her jacket and pulls out a folded piece of paper, which she hands to Magtok. I met a guy at DFI that told me about this place. He gave me a form, so I filled it out. As for test ideas, the only thing I can think of is something combat related.

Spoiler: VIGIL membership form
    Show
    Name: Krystal Jones
    Sex: Female
    Species: Mutant
    Profession: Former office worker at GLoG infirmary. Also did vigilante work in my home world and Inside.
    Contributions: Other than fighting criminals, the crystals I produce could have useful applications.
    Other Information: There's a limit to how many crystals I can produce in a set time period before I pass out, so what I can donate will be limited.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #101

Mountain Base - Lab

"Eh, I'm in a big hurry to meet myself anyway. That's be weird," Aiden says. "Anyway, is there some kind of official process to joining this VIGIL place?"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Ocean Base]

A submarine pod arrives, carrying Arlem and a guest, and at least the former soon steps out into the entrance hall.
    "Were you thinking of joining it? It's so weird talking to someone with their mind closed up so tight. Like you were invisible, or something."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

"I suppose," Wenomir says with a shrug. "Back in Watchtower, we tested prospective members. But HALO didn't. After we merged, it's a bit fuzzy. We'll make it up as we go for now. What did you do in your version of the place?"

14. - Top - End - #104

Mountain Base - Lab

"I got tested in a mission," Aiden says. "Our keep wasn't as fancy as this one, we didn't have an entire tower for training. So I got to beat up some dragons instead."

15. - Top - End - #105

"Sounds good," Magtok accepts the form, and it disappears into a robe pocket somewhere. Moments later, and with a needlessly dramatic hand gesture and entirely superfluous puff of smoke, a Magbot appears!

"Hello, sir! What do you need of me, in-

...oh no."
    The cheery Magbot suddenly becomes absolutely terrified, quickly catching on to its purpose here. Magtok smiles warmly, taking it by the shoulders and walking it over to Krystal.

"Krystal, this is FT-863. 863, this is Krystal."

"Hello, miss! Pleasure to me-"

"Krystal, FT-863 has some basic martial arts knowledge, and knows how to handle a rifle, but he's entirely unarmed right now, and most of his CQB training is of a simplistic, street fighting sort of variety. He's going to be entirely godmoddable for this combat sequence, during which I want you to demonstrate your physical prowess. 863 is made of metal, so I wouldn't recommend hitting him with your bare hand, but you're not to just run away and shoot crystals at him from afar, because that's boring and simple and easy. Understood?"

The Magbot assumes a fighting stance, though it's clear that poor 863 is absolutely terrified, and knows full well that this battle won't go well. He can always be repaired later though, right?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2014-07-25 at 02:42 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #106

Krystal feels a little bad about beating up a defenseless robot. Only a little, though.

She nods to Magtok, slipping off her jacket and tossing it aside. Yeah, I got it. And don't worry. Throwing crystals is only part of my fighting technique Krystal spreads her feet apart, getting ready. When she brings her hands into fists, crystals slide out of each knuckle. Those look like they'll add some bite to her punches.

Once Magtok himself moves out of the way, Krystal starts by swinging her arm at the Magbot, sending the first set of small pointy crystals at 863. She also moves forward, letting the crystals distract him so she can get closer. 863 brings an arm up to block the crystals, but instead of simply bouncing off the steel, they bite in a bit. One actually gets stuck. Meanwhile, Krystal has gotten within punching range. She swings her fist at his head, clearly ignoring Magtok's advice.

Her fist connects. The crystals in her knuckles punch holes into the steel. Now, that would break a normal person's hand easily. Shatter it even. Krystal isn't normal. Sure, the impact breaks her skin, leaving some blood behind on 863 as she pulls her hand back. And it did hurt, given Krystal's expression. But her bones are fine, and the skin around her hand has healed up already.

Now comes the Magbot's turn to attack. Krystal can fight, but she hasn't had any actual training. This puts her at a disadvantage when it comes to defending herself. 863 quickly moves in and delivers a couple of hits to her gut, knocking the wind out of her. Then he sweeps her legs out from under her. She hits the ground pretty hard. 863 backs up for a moment. This is a demo, after all. She needs a chance to show more.

Krystal recovers a bit faster than a normal person. Must be her healing factor. She gets up into a crouch. Before standing, she bends one leg quickly, producing a crystal from her knee about the size of her femur. That helps explain the holes in her jeans. With a grunt, she yanks the crystal out, then stands back up.

Krystal moves in again, swinging the crystal down vertically. 863 brings up his arm, and the two connect. The Magbot's arm gets heavily dented, while the crystal remains unharmed. Krystal pulls it back and quickly swings it sideways at his torso. It lands with a loud clash, causing even more damage to 863. Before he can recover, she spins it in her hands and jabs it point first into his hip. The crystal pierces the steel and dents the other side out. If she were stronger, she probably could've gotten it all the way through.

863 is pretty badly hurt at this point. His left leg won't move, his arm and torso are dented in, and he has holes in the side of his head. He isn't done yet, though. Krystal seems to think he is and let's her guard down. 863 uses his frozen leg as a pivot and swings his other foot right into her stomach, knocking her back a ways. She lands with a grunt, holding her side.

Ow.

Takes her a minute to get back up.

How was that? She seems a bit tired, but less than she should. Gotta love healing factors. I don't wanna completely break him.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

"Got any trophies from it?" Wenomir asks. "It would be easy enough if I could just see something like that."

18. - Top - End - #108

Mountain Base - Lab

"Would a thrilling tale of heroics count?" Aiden asks, shrugging. "Most of my stuff's back in my old room. All I've got's my sword and my guns," he says. The sword on his back may be a little perplexing, mostly because it's almost as long as he is tall. Any normal human would probably consider that a ridiculous weapon to carry.

19. - Top - End - #109

[Mountain base courtyard]

((So, can I have Conrack send Candace to...where?))

[Entering Sea Base]

Now, at this moment, a woman with hair enters the deep-sea base by way of the ferry. She has a motorcycle helmet under one arm and a viola case slung over her back.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

Wenomir looks at the sword with some mild scepticism. Oh well, people fight with stranger things in the Nexus.

"Hm. Alright then. You're clearly capable, so you're in for now. I'll talk to the leaders about the recruitment process in the unified group."

((Maybe you can have them join this scene, Violist?))

21. - Top - End - #111

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    ((Maybe you can have them join this scene, Violist?))
    ((Okay. Yes.))

[Mountain Base - Courtyard]

"You know," says Conrack, standing up from the bench. "There's usually someone in the tower's science lab. I could introduce you to anyone we meet there," he tells Candace.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #112

Mountain Base - Lab

Aiden's ever-present grin grows wider at that. "Just like that? Alright, then. What next? We got some world-eaters to crush?"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Ocean Base]

A submarine pod arrives, carrying Arlem and a guest, and at least the former soon steps out into the entrance hall.
    "Were you thinking of joining it? It's so weird talking to someone with their mind closed up so tight. Like you were invisible, or something."
    [Ocean Base]

Nalin looks around, slightly awed at the underwater base.
    Yeah, I was thinking it might not hurt to make a few friends around here. Especially since it seems I already have enemies.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Courtyard]

Candace gets up. That would work well, I suppose.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

[Ocean Base - Entrance]

A black flame suddenly flares up from the floor, quickly growing up to the size of an adult man: a figure clad in a crimson hooded robe, with the face completely covered by a black - with orange lenses -gas mask, steps out from it, and then as suddenly as it appeared the flame is gone; the newcomer appears human, though the only uncovered part of his body are the pale-skinned hands.

He will walk up to the nearest person (if he is alone in the entrance, he will walk into the base until he finds someone) and ask, his voice seemingly not muffled by the mask: "I hear that this organization has submarines. Whom should I talk to negotiate the purchase of one?"
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Lab]

"There's a couple situations that might blow into something bigger," Wenomir says, as he returns to fiddling with the glove. Seems he's affixing a small leather harness to it. "The city of Inside seems to be going through another change of government. There have been reports of some 'dark fey' sneaking around the wilderness. And some unknown criminals made a big mess using hallucinogens a while ago. Then there's someone who is allegedly the original Magtok. He send robots at us, but hasn't made another move since."
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-07-26 at 01:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

How was that? She seems a bit tired, but less than she should. Gotta love healing factors. I don't wanna completely break him.
    Magtok pats 863 on the head, before taking him by the arms and shoving him into a portal. It's rare that Mag would show any sign of approval towards his Magbots; the demonstration drone must've done better than expected.

"You did well. It wasn't the completely merciless beatdown I expected, but 863 must've been taking lessons online when I wasn't watching, because that's a tad more of a fight than I thought he'd give you. You pass. I'd give you a tour around the place, but quite frankly, I have no idea where anything is inside of that building, and you don't look like you're ready for climbing all those flights of stairs."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

28. - Top - End - #118

Mountain Base - Lab

"Eh, if I know Inside, it's gonna change again in a few months." Hearing about an original Magtok was interesting, though. He already knew that Tom was very different from who he knew, but now there's more than one? "What about these dark fey? Where exactly are thry snooping?"

29. - Top - End - #119

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Undersea Base

Magtok's in his office. He usually is, these days. He hasn't come out of there in quite some time.

"Oh hi. New person?" Magtok questions, from the same side of the gate as Krystal. I don't know how he suddenly got there and started leaning on that gate without her noticing. You'd think a person would've noticed something like that.
    Undersea Base -> Magtok's Office

The giant scorpion walks to the office, the six children on his back still there.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Mountain Base - Lab

"Eh, if I know Inside, it's gonna change again in a few months." Hearing about an original Magtok was interesting, though. He already knew that Tom was very different from who he knew, but now there's more than one? "What about these dark fey? Where exactly are thry snooping?"
    "We don't really know yet," Wenomir says with a shrug. "They've been lurking about the woods and other wilderness. They seem to be working for a King in Rags or some such, and looking for goblins, hobgoblins and orcs, whom they call traitors."