New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL I: We don't have a cool title yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    [Mountain Base]

Hayden awakens on the floor near DC's lab, it seems he'd gone into an involuntary self reboot for the sake of some internal repairs, the displays inside his eyes telling him that he was back at 100%.. just in time to **** it all up again with severe invasive surgery!

Walking towards the door he'd rap three times, the blonde cyborg brushing a lock o unruly hair from his face before checking to be sure that he hadn't lost any of the things he'd found in his jacket before saying.

"DC! Yo, you home?"
    Er. No, I have been rather preoccupied. The Union's technological needs have been keeping my attention. It seems DC still gets alerted about trying to get in that lab, though. Do you know how difficult it is to get manufacturing on that scale that hasn't been that active for three years up and running? Let me tell you: NOT VERY.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Gate]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Very well, let us find out together then madame. Onward!" And she continues inside to find one of these legendary warriors!
    As Thariza leads the way in, she bellows: "Anyone home?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mountain Base - Gate

Aiden is still wandering around the base when Thariza and Vallery are in. "Nope, everybody's dead," he says, then he laughs upon getting a good look at Thariza.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mountain Base - Gate

"That was short lived." Vallery remarks in a dead-pan tone as she hears Aiden. "Shall we go and look at the sea-based base then madame?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Gate]

Thariza snorts and her tail swishes.

"Hilarious. If everyone's dead, are you the villain who slew them?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #216

Mountain Base - Gate

"No, I'm obviously the last survivor who gives you a vague warning in between my final breaths," Aiden says, though he looks pretty healthy for a dying man. "Jeez, it's like you don't know these situations at all."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2014-08-01 at 02:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Undersea Base]

Wenomir will show Candace as much of the ocean base as he knows, hoping they run into someone more knowledgeable.
    [Undersea Base]

Wenomir and Candace will, then, definitely run into the Scordatura - the lady who was reading a magazine while sitting down. I'm sure she counts as "someone more knowledgeable" especially since she's been wandering around here for quite some time, looking for ghosts and such.

"Oh, hello," she says, looking up from her magazine. "You two look a little lost," she comments.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #218

Mountain Base

"If you have a vague warning to deliver, then go on with it sir. I am the legendary hero Vallery Jarven and my time is precious." She claims with her hand on her chest.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base]

Thariza's nose twitches. It's all in good humour, but that joke struck a bit too close to home...

"Yeah, and I'm serving as this great hero's guide to VIGIL. Are you a member here too?"

10. - Top - End - #220

Mountain Base - Gate

Aiden rolls his eyes at Vallery. He does notice Thariza twitching, but he doesn't really know Charr body language that well. "Yeah, I just joined not too long ago. Aiden's the name, devil hunting's the game," he says.

11. - Top - End - #221

Mountain Base - Gate

"Sir, that's a great introduction." Vallery says honestly with a smile, offering her hand to shake. Apparently not noticing or ignoring that eyeroll. "I myself are from worlds afar coming here to the nexus to seek fame and glory and fate lend me madame Thariza here to guide me to this mighty fortress of yours. An most impressive building indeed. But tell me is there any fame or glory to earn here or has fate given me a ghost chase?" The duelists tilts her head slightly, giving him a curious look.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-08-01 at 03:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

[Undersea Base]

"I was giving her a tour of the premises, but I don't know the place that well," Wenomir says.

[Mountain Base - Gate]

"Fame and glory were never my priorities, so I wasn't really the right person to ask," Thariza adds.

13. - Top - End - #223

Mountain Base - Gate

"Well, neither am I," Aiden says after shaking Vallery's hand. "I don't fight for fame and glory either, I just fight 'cause it's fun."

14. - Top - End - #224

Mountain Base - Airship Shenanigans

Krystal was surprised by Magtok's sudden actions. She didn't think she was doing so bad.

Hey! What was that f-

Oh.

Spooky voice.

Mysterious Floating Stranger.

Yes, that does constitute a sudden stop.

Krystal jumps a little when he suddenly appears in the cabin. She notices the similarities, and her mind jumps to some alternate reality version of Magtok.

The this big guy picks Magtok up. By his throat. Krystal produces some crystals on her knuckles and moves to punch him, but that pesky forcefield gets in the way. So, Krystal strikes that with all her might instead. Which just results in her wrist slipping out of alignment. Which hurts.

By the time it's healed, the stranger is gone. Krystal goes to Magtok and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Hey, you okay?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #225

[Undersea Base]

"It's actually not that hard around here if you know your way around," the Scordatura replies. She stands up. "I could show you both around a bit."

"Have you already seen the swimming pool? The airlock? The weapons room? The kitchen? The quarters? The pikachu farm? The infirmary? The computer room?"
    she asks Candace, one after another without respite. She knows about all these because of a map she has. She's hiding it in the magazine she's holding. The magazine, she's hiding in her motorcycle helmet. "I could show you any of them."

"The hallways are a little confusing, though. I think they all look alike."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #226

Mountain Base - Gate

"Ah, but then you must know where the action is at least, good sir. Since that's what I'm looking for, a way to prove myself in the eyes of the nexus." Vallery replies, still smiling.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Gate]

"Action has a way of finding people in the Nexus, instead of the other way around," Thariza says.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-08-01 at 04:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Mountain Base - Gate

"Just go to a bar if you want some action," Aiden says. "Pretty much always a fight going on in one, or maybe some old guy offering an adventure."

19. - Top - End - #229

Mountain Base - Gate

"I'm actually looking for some higher quality adventurers, not a drunken brawl or a quest to fetch ten bear rears. I mean, your organization are supposed to save the world right, sir? Surely you have some kind of leads where evil plots are being brewed and stirred." Vallery inquires.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Gate]

"You missed a big one a few months ago, when we had to run damage control after some nuts released hallucinogens in the city," Thariza says. "If things are stirring now, they're quiet about it. But then, wasn't there a shift in power in Inside? Those things tend to result in someone shooting someone else."

21. - Top - End - #231

Mountain Base -Lab

Aiden shrugs. "Hey, if we were still in my Nexus, I'd be able to tell you all about the various evil forces at work. But I've been here for like a week, so give me some time," he says.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Er. No, I have been rather preoccupied. The Union's technological needs have been keeping my attention. It seems DC still gets alerted about trying to get in that lab, though. Do you know how difficult it is to get manufacturing on that scale that hasn't been that active for three years up and running? Let me tell you: NOT VERY.
    "Yeah, yeah I understand, DC's got things going on and doesn't have time for Hayden right now. Well, thanks for letting me know. I guess you can mind contact me whenever you get that work on the Nova Drive done."

Hayden shakes his head before walking off, well, at least he had told him what was going on, can't ask for more than that.

Heading out towards the door he'd go looking for something to add to the legend of Hayden, a deed truly worthy of adding to the annals of a legendary hero!

23. - Top - End - #233

[Mountain Base - Gate]

"Yes, something about an resurfacing empire madame." Vallery comments at Thariza's remark. "Sounds morally grey though as too many things are these days. I might look into it however. But not anything else or possibly someone who could have more information for me?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Undersea Base]

"It's actually not that hard around here if you know your way around," the Scordatura replies. She stands up. "I could show you both around a bit."

"Have you already seen the swimming pool? The airlock? The weapons room? The kitchen? The quarters? The pikachu farm? The infirmary? The computer room?"
    she asks Candace, one after another without respite. She knows about all these because of a map she has. She's hiding it in the magazine she's holding. The magazine, she's hiding in her motorcycle helmet. "I could show you any of them."

"The hallways are a little confusing, though. I think they all look alike."
    Candace looks a little confused. I'm not sure I understood those terms. Pikachu? Computer? Airlock? Candace's fantasy world didn't exactly include such things.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Mountain Base - Airship Shenanigans

By the time it's healed, the stranger is gone. Krystal goes to Magtok and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Hey, you okay?
    "Probably, but my ego feels like it just got shot in the face," Magtok mutters, slowly picking himself back up off the ground. "Can you fly us back? At least until you need to land I'm in the middle of a sort of existential thing and I don't know if I'll be able to do that right now."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

26. - Top - End - #236

Mountain Base - Concerned Airship Shenanigans

Krystal nods and heads back to the controls so she can gently turn the airship around.

So...uh...what was that all about?

She can't help it. She's too curious.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fan View Post
    "Yeah, yeah I understand, DC's got things going on and doesn't have time for Hayden right now. Well, thanks for letting me know. I guess you can mind contact me whenever you get that work on the Nova Drive done."

Hayden shakes his head before walking off, well, at least he had told him what was going on, can't ask for more than that.

Heading out towards the door he'd go looking for something to add to the legend of Hayden, a deed truly worthy of adding to the annals of a legendary hero!
    Oh, don't get all huffy like a schoolkid that just got turned down for a date. Mostly, the problem is that I haven't been able to find a cyberneticist crazy enough to operate on someone with a miniature star in his chest. They tend to dislike the danger. Granted, so do I, but I have a teleporter and telekinesis. Why don't you find one?

It seems to not occur to DC that Magtok is around for that now.

That or it did and he's just refusing to deal with him. Either one works.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    Oh, don't get all huffy like a schoolkid that just got turned down for a date. Mostly, the problem is that I haven't been able to find a cyberneticist crazy enough to operate on someone with a miniature star in his chest. They tend to dislike the danger. Granted, so do I, but I have a teleporter and telekinesis. Why don't you find one?

It seems to not occur to DC that Magtok is around for that now.

That or it did and he's just refusing to deal with him. Either one works.
    "I'm not being huffy, you have legit work to do. Sorry if it came off that way. You're my battle brother DC, if you say you're busy or too involved with Union work I'll respect that. Though if all we need to do is find a cybernetics person willing to operate with a degenerate white dwarf star, I think I can find some people willing to do it for the right reasons, and what's a better reason than creating a hero strong enough to fight back any evil?! Hahaha, if there exists so much as one noble scientist in this world with the ability, I will return with them in tow!"

Hayden says, the burning spark in his heart igniting the will of a hero! If that's all it would take then he'd search everywhere, leave no stone unturned! Such was the will of this hero.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base - Gate]

"I guess that's all we know right now," Thariza says with a shrug.

[Undersea Base]

"I've been here, but haven't really explored thoroughly," Wenomir says. "So assistance would be appreciated."

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Mountain Base - Concerned Airship Shenanigans

Krystal nods and heads back to the controls so she can gently turn the airship around.

So...uh...what was that all about?

She can't help it. She's too curious.
    "He's implying he's Magtok Prime. The first one, before any cloning, who vanished like seven years ago. The dead guy that I'm a cheap imitation of, who had cloning tanks set to activate upon his death. I don't know if I believe that's really him, but there's plenty of evidence to back it up. I mean, he could also be a jerk alien telepath, but that's pretty unlikely."

Magtok scowls. First Magtok is an asshat, pushing him around like that. Just who does this self-important jerkface think he is, anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi