New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: CotCT: Edge of Anarchy [IC]

Tsalith

Tsalith grins. "You will ..." He swings the scimitar in two hands again. "...Die."

Tsalith's scimitar passes cleanly through the man's neck, his head bouncing off the wall as his body simply collapses. A crescent of blood painting the wall.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Attack (1d20+4)[22]
    Attack (1d6+6)[9]
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2014-08-22 at 06:34 PM.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

"MmmMmm, there is something awfully sexy about a man who knows how to wield his sword," Evie with an amused playful smirk could not help but remark and innuendo it up.

Anyways!

With those obstacles dealt with she gestured him over to the door she was hovering over as she carefully opened it and found herself in an empty hallway. She then made her way across to the other door, opened it, found herself on a catwalk in a view of a certain spectacle."Oh my." Her expression crinkled. From the corner of her eye she spied what was the crumpled body of Tomas by the entrance. "Ah well...uhm....that is bad."
    Spoiler
    Show

Actions:

I suppose her whole action for this round would have been making her way to this area.
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-08-30 at 08:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93

Tsalith

Tsalith grins and follows Evie, sword held loosely in his hand.
    The story has been told a million times, but it is different when it is your life.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bel'on

Having already been clipped by the weapon of the half-orc and having no desire to be caught by it's strike again, the tiefling is already in motion when he hears the rattling of the chain... And although it seems impossible for him to dodge it, with the spiked ball swinging squarely towards his face, the ninja somehow moves with truly prenatural speed and limboes under the swinging ball and chain, close enough for the air current to rustle his hair. That was much too close for his comfort, but finally he has a shot at ending the fight decisively.

Leaping at Giggles with murder in his eyes, Bel'on aims the tip of his blade right into the eye of the half-orc. It will be fitting that the last thing going through the scum's mind will be his blade.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Bel'on uses another Harrow point to avoid getting hit, and attacks Giggles.

(1d20+4)[22] (To Hit)
    (1d6)[3] (Damage)
    (1d20+4)[16] (Critical Confirmation)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Tsalith and Evie

Yargin's still-warm body hits the floor with a thud, his head landing more softly on the desk before rolling off to land next to the rest of the corpse. Just ahead of Tsalith, Evie opens the door to reveal a short, ten foot long hallway. At the other end is another door, this one somewhat rotted. It looks like it could fall apart at any moment as Evie pushes it open to reveal a narrow wooden catwalk with a rickety handrail overlooking a wet wooden floor that must be only a few feet above the river itself. An open bay in the floor allows direct access to the sloppy, muddy water, while just to your left is a ten-foot-tall wooden vat, its sides caked and waterproofed with tar. Inside is a foul-looking mixture of chum, seawater, and who knows what else. Barrels and creates marked in paint with fish are lined along the far wall.

Surrounding Bel'on and Tomas (who lies in a pool of blood on the floor), are a group of children with brooms and a massive, angry-looking green half-orc with a spinning flail.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Bel'on

"Harf... Horf.... Huff.... You... You just hold still now, Kitty-cat... Huff... I'm just hee hee getting started with you!" Giggles insists, wobbling a bit on his feet, murder gleaming in his eyes.

He comes at you hard, swinging his flail for the kill, but you nimbly sidestep it, batting his weapon arm down with your free hand and planting your wakizashi up to the hilt through his one remaining eye. Giggles stumbles back, smashing heavily into the crates and barrels and knocking several of them to the floor (eliciting a squeak from the girl hiding atop them). The half-orc climbs unsteadily to his feet, looking blindly at Bel'on, the knife still sticking from his head.

"Hee hee... That's... a pretty good one... Actually..."

He falls, finally, to the floor and doesn't move. His body twitches slightly as you remove your knife from his skull, recently dead nerves still triggering as the blade moves through his brain.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh my god! You killed Giggles!

Lambs Group 1

The children haven't yet noticed Evie and Tsalith up on the catwalk; all of their eyes are on Bel'on, Giggles, and the wakizashi. The closest of the children back away, eyes wider than a doe's, as Bel'on moves to withdraw his weapon from the half-orc's corpse. No one says anything, no one makes any sound; they all just watch, uncertainly.

Show

Basil

"Erk!" the gnome squeals as yet another arrow pierces him, this time closer to his heart.

The gnome's eyes, finally clear of fish-grime, lose what little light they had in them and the gnome falls lightly to the floor, pushing the arrows in him further into his body and out through the back, making several of the children cry out, though Kester keeps his wide eyes firmly on the dying gnome's body. The little man's body quivers every now and then, as though he is trying to breath, though he doesn't move again.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you're happy. That gnome was going to be my ace in the hole, later...

Lambs Group 2

Kester looks up at Basil. He makes a brave effort at looking fearless, but his terror is too great to be hidden by a strong face. His hands are visibly shaking, his knuckles on the pitchfork as white as bone.

"Are you going to kill us?" the boy asks.

Show

-------------------------------

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'd say initiative is about over, for the time being, at least...

You guys get 400 xp each.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-08-23 at 02:09 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueKnightGuy

Stepping purposefully forward, Basil removes the ornate silver flask from his belt and takes a sip as he stands over the dead gnome's body. Kneeling down beside the body, he places a hand on the dying creature's head. He speaks a few words in Infernal, "I deny the darkness of the roots set in your spirit. May what good is left in you find rest."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Performing a rushed Sin Eating ritual, healing Basil for half of (1d8+1)[9]

The ritual mends the nobleman's wounded wrist rapidly, smokey strands pulling the flesh together and sealing it without so much as a scar. Returning the flask to his belt, Basil looks to the children with a softer expression, the blackness of his Judgement fading from his eyes. He speaks again in common, "Kester, is it? Fear not, I am here only for evidence. Is Lamm here? Are his documents? Journals, notes, records, anything of that sort? An office I can search?" While waiting for an answer he searches the gnome's body for anything of value. He will not have need of it any longer.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2014-08-23 at 02:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bel'on

Withdrawing his blade from the still warm corpse of the half-orc with small spray of blood, Bel'on proceeds to wipe the bloodied blade on his adversary's clothing, feeling something approaching euphoria from the sheer satisfaction alone. "Meow, you bastard" he says dryly to the dead Giggles before looking at the children still around them and sheathing his weapon. "I am not going to harm any of you. You, the wronged and downtrodden, are my kin: we share the same scars. And I will end the misery you have been living in tonight. Can you trust me to do that much, and cease attempting to strike me and my companions?" he asks the young criminals in surprisingly soft tone. "I promise that all of us will get justice and vengeance for what has been done to us. After that, I will help to find actual home for you."

Yes, he is indeed sounding quite emotional over the matter, not to mention genuine. It is hardly a surprise, though: the motley collection of thieves and cutthroats known as Little Lamms are as close as he will ever have to a family.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2014-08-23 at 03:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

"Ahem," Evelyn loudly cleared her throat as she walked the length of the catwalk towards the stairs. "I really do hate interrupting this emotional addled moment, really I do, no sarcasm, but I must attend to certain tasks." She tried to sound relaxed and cool though she was a little worried on getting to Tomas in time.

She nodded her head acknowledging the wee ones as she bent over Tomas and quickly attended him.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing Check to Stabilize Tomas (1d20+7)[22]

Following that regardless of pass or fail, she will now use channel energy to heal both Tomas and the nearby Bel'on in a way of what amounts to as....sexual healing. Snerk. Cuz you know...the Calistrian-flavored positive energy. Ha-ha-ha all the immature jokes. (1d6)[2]
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-08-24 at 04:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

Tsalith

Tsalith's body writhes in pleasure as the positive energy flows through him, healing him completely.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tomas]

(Feels like forever since I posted )

Show
    I believe Evie's heal has raised Tomas hp from -1 to 1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, that was an unpleasant shock. Tomas's body twitches slightly from the healing surge, before the wizard groans slightly as he was roused from its comatose state. "... this is the worst hangover," he murmurs, still keeping his eyes closed. Eventually though, he pushes himself into a sitting position, and rubs his head, wincing a little as he finds his hand caked with blood. His own blood. "Thanks. I should probably stay away from angry orcs in the future," he says to Evie, looking just a mite flushed for some reason
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-24 at 11:01 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

RogueGuy

Basil

Kester doesn't seem entirely convinced. He takes a step forward from the other children, swallowing hard as he does so. The other children, conversely, take a step back, leaving Kester to speak to you for them and putting him as the first in your line of fire. One of the boys seems unable to take his eyes off of the gnome, who is already becoming the resting place for several flies.

"Evidence of what? What'd Lamm do to you?" he asks, then quickly adds, his eyes widening, "I mean... I mean that is to say that he makes us do whatever we do, and if we don't, he shows us to Bloo or worse, ties us on a rope and lowers us down through Giggles' pit! We don't do nothing to nobody that Gaedren doesn't make us do, I promise!"

While Kester stammers away at you, you wave away several of the flies and begin to pat down the gnome. You immediately find that he was hiding a studded leather cuirass under his clothes, as well as a weighted sock stuffed with rocks and that wicked inverted dagger. He also has on his person a small satchel containing some mundane tools, some make-up and pins, and a small brass key.

Spoiler: Teh Lootz
    Show
    -Studded Leather Armor
    -kukri
    -sap
    -artisan's tools
    -disguise kit
    -Small brass key

Everyone Else

The children stare blankly at Bel'on as he speaks to them. It is difficult to discern what they're thinking, but more than one of them look fearfully at the opening in the floor. They all seem to have some unspoken understanding, though, because they all toss their brooms away from them, the wooden poles clattering one after another to the damp floor.

There is an awkward, terse moment. The only sounds are the river below and Evie and Tsalith's footsteps on the catwalk above as they descend the stairs.

"Are you gonna kill Gaedren?" the girl who'd been perched up on the barrels earlier asks timidly.

Her mouth opens suddenly in a gasp. All of the other children react similarly, though none of them seem to fully understand what just happened, or that Evie is to blame.
    Spoiler: Giggles' Stuff
    Show
    -Studded Leather Armor
    -Light Steel Shield
    -Light Flail
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-08-30 at 02:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

BlueKnightGuy

Coldly removing everything of value from the dead gnome, Basil packs it into his backpack to sell or use later. The weapons and armor are a tad small, but if he's lucky they'll pay for a month's rent. Less out of his own pocket. Turning his attention back to the orphans, he holds up his bow and puts it away. "I'm not a Hellknight, I'm not a fanatic, and I don't care what you've done. Lamm framed by brother for murder. Charges were dropped, but family name and all that; need to prove beyond a doubt that we had nothing to do with it. Now, does he have an office here?"

Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+6)[14]

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bel'on

Paying no attention to the interruption and merely stepping somewhat out of the way of Evelyn as she goes about her business, the tiefling nods to the girl. "Yes. It is why I am here. He tried to kill me when I grew up. Now I am here to kill him right back" he explains calmly. "I am on your side. Can you tell me where he is?"

Straight after his question, he is forced to pull up his scarf again to hide his blush and slight shiver from Evelyn's healing. Damn Calistrians... While he cannot complain about the healing, the side effects are somewhat irritating during social interaction.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Trying Diplomacy to get the kids to help us locate Gaedren.

(1d20+7)[14] (Diplomacy)

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Evelyn smirked at Tomas and glanced over at Bel'on, she opted to not interfere, this was clearly his thing, a rather personal thing. Instead she just offered a hand to help Tomas up. "And dying, you should probably avoid that too."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

Tomas

"Yes, avoiding dying is probably a good idea as well." Tomas grasped Evie's hand and pulled himself up, still looking a little wobbly. "So, what happened while I was busy not dying?" He glanced at the body of the fallen half-orc. "Aside from that guy apparently failing at not dying."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

"Eh, to be honest, not a whole lot, I reckon tis only been around five minutes," She smirked and gave an aside glance. "Any whom, oh!...Actually, Tsalith here proved himself quite able with his sword." She winked Tsalith's way. "Slew a most nauseating gross foul man I have met so far." She nodded her head. Yep.

17. - Top - End - #107

Tsalith

Tsalith nods in reply to Evie's wink. "So I take it there is no sign of him?"

18. - Top - End - #108

RogueGuy

Basil

The children don't seem convinced. They keep their backs to the wall, until Kester takes a deep breath and exhales loudly.

"Then... you won't stop us from leaving, will you? If I tell you everything I know... we can leave?" he asks as bravely as he can.

As soon as you make eye contact with him, he flinches and lowers his eyes for a moment, before seeming to remember his earlier fire and raising them, shyly avoiding making eye contact again all the same.

"Gaedren's here. H-he has to have an office somewhere, but I don't know where it is. It's probably down below somewhere. He has a way of getting down there, but it's... it's not the hole in the floor. That's just how he lowers the r-rest of us down when there's a punishment to be had. No one comes back from that... Mister Yargin has an office though! It's through that door behind me, and back in the corner," Kester says quickly.

"But... Bloo!" one of the others gulps.

"Oh, right... Bloo is Yargin's dog. He's really mean. He'll try to bite your throat out... And then there's Mr. Giggles. He's the one who does most of the beating for Gaedren. He'll be downstairs... I-I don't know any more than that!" Kester stammers nervously, his eyes flicking to the open air behind you.

Everyone Else

"I don't know where Gaedren is..." one of the boys says quickly, backing away from Bel'on.

The girl, still breathing heavily, seems too distracted to disagree. The other boys are all looking around uncomfortably. The boy who spoke blanches when you look at him.

"B-but he goes down below sometimes! He has a hidden place below the floor! M-maybe that's where he is?"
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-08-30 at 02:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

BlueKnightGuy

"I will not stop you from leaving, but I'm certain you know by now that this city is not kind to homeless orphans," is Basil's reply as he looks down towards the lower door. The sounds of combat are gone, and he can hear people talking, though not what they're saying. It certainly doesn't sound like the backwater scum of this place though. The problem must be resolved, then. He moves across the room to the door on the other side and opens it cautiously as he continues speaking to Kester and the others, "My family has some connections, and I know people around the city myself. I may be able to help arrange apprenticeships or adoptions with more reputable individuals. Anyone interested can wait for me here, the rest are free to go their own way."

Show
    Opening the door to the front office.

20. - Top - End - #110

**Deleted**
    Last edited by Smileybastard; 2014-08-30 at 05:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bel'on

Raising his hands in non-threatening gesture, the tiefling nods somewhat. "Calm down, you all. We are not going to harm you, as said. Can you show where this...hidden place is? I would really appreciate the chance to meet Gaedren. I have been looking forward to it."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good, I'd hate to miss all the fun on account of my abysmal performance in combat," Tomas says, grimacing as he wipes off some blood off his forehead. He walks over towards the tiefling, though makes no attempt to join the conversation just yet.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, don't fret, I am sure you'll perform well in other regards," She said with a fake straight faced expression.

She turned to look towards the children. "It would be beneficial of you lot to help my comrade here, Gaedren is not a man you want to protect anyway, so don't."

24. - Top - End - #114

RogueGuy

Basil

You don't waste any time in moving through the door, which opens into a front room. A single desk sits in the middle of the room, a moldy chair pushed up against the back side. A small pile of ratty furs and straw is heaped under the table. Lying on the floor on the opposite side of the desk is a bloody headless corpse, the head lying nearby. To your right is an open set of doors, a dead dog in a bloody heap just outside of them. A pair of bloody footprints and a vaguely pleasing smell lead from the front doors past where you stand to another open door immediately to your left. Yet another open door is in the wall ahead of you and to the left, leading into what looks like some private quarters or an office.

Through that door, you can see a short corridor, and beyond you can hear conversation.

Everyone Else

One or two of the children looks more curious than frightened, but all of them show degrees of nervousness. It is the girl who finally speaks again, "Gaedren doesn't say where he goes, but I've heard his voice through the floor, honest! He talks to bad Lambs down there sometimes. They get lowered down through... Through.... there."

She points to the opening in the floor behind you, biting her lip fearfully as she looks at it.

"That's not how Gaedren does it, though, or how Giggles or Yargin or Hookshanks went and talked to him. They have their own special way. I heard that's just where he keeps his giant monster shark," one of the boys cuts in eagerly, "And anyone who doesn't meet steal enough or do what they're told gets eaten!"

The girl looks stricken at this and looks almost pleadingly at Bel'on.

"Gaedren's not here. He went away..."

"Now you're just being a scaredy cat! You just said he's under the floor! Why don't you go look for him through the hole, Anna Maria?" the boy suggested grinning, then, on noting your faces, lowered his eyes, "Er... I'm just joking..."

None of the other children speak up or say anything.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-09-04 at 05:18 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

"Anna Marie is it?" Evelyn asked as she moved and knelt down on one knee to be at eye level with the kids. She gently tucked a tendril of hair behind the young girl's ear and warmly smiled. "You know how to get to where Gaedren hangs out right? It would be really helpful if you can show us, you and your friends here don't have to be scared anymore, 'cuz we're going to make Gaedren go away forever and he won't be able to hurt you lot anymore, but we're just going to need your help first okay?"

Diplomacy (1d20+6)[11]

26. - Top - End - #116

BlueKnightGuy

Readying another arrow just in case, Basil stalks through the next hallway towards the conversation. Upon arriving and seeing the others conversing with more orphans, he returns the arrow to the quiver and lowers the bow. "There was a gnomish knave disguised as an orphan. He's been taken care of, and the orphans there are liberated from his clutches. I was told Lamm had an office somewhere in this building, did you discover where it is?"

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Bel'on

Glancing at Basil walks in, Bel'on shakes his head. "Sadly not. We found the entrance his victims go down... But not the route he himself uses. I would rather not take my chances with a trap, but the fact is we don't have much else in way of information at the present moment..."

Looking thoughtful, the tiefling glances at the rest of the makeshift raiding party. "Perhaps we should try and search the waterline of the building? Apart from hidden trapdoors somewhere around here, it is only thing I can think of that would make for good discrete entrance."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Tomas

Tomas nods thoughtfully with Bel'on. "Searching the building seems prudent. But I think we should at least see if we can glean some more information from these orphans before going ourselves. Lamm is anything but stupid, and he probably still has tricks up his sleeves."

Then Tomas knelt down with Evie and smiles gently at Anna Marie. "I know it seems rough at the moment, but we can help you. You can trust the nice lady here."

Spoiler: Aid Another
    Show
    Hopefully this applies. If not, disregard. (1d20+2)[22]

29. - Top - End - #119

BlueKnightGuy

"Hm, unfortunate. I will begin to secure the perimeter in case he tries to make a run for it. I believe I recall a lower path around back, near the water, and a rickety old boat. Those may be suitable places to search," with that Basil passes through the room and up the stairs back to the loading area. He looks around for anything suspicious, or signs of someone fleeing.

Show
    Perception: (1d20+6)[13]

30. - Top - End - #120

RogueGuy

The girl's eyes get watery as she looks from Evie to Tomas.

"But... But I told you what I know! I don't know how to get to Gaedren's room! I don't know how! Why won't anyone listen to me?!" she protests as tears start to rain down her puffy, pale cheeks.

The boys nearby all stare for a second, blankly, then look away uncomfortably as Anna Marie starts to cry.

"I don't... I don't know where he is...! And I don't want to help, I want to go to sleep..." the child wails.

Spoiler: Basil
    Show
    You don't see or hear anyone fleeing, or anything particularly suspicious, for that matter.
    Last edited by Askel; 2014-09-11 at 06:08 PM.