New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Fields of Umber Terra (Part Two)

Coiseam motions and a gruff water buffalo mintauran comes forward and lifts the dragon's head (roll spot) he carries it toward the temple proper. Coiseam nods as Garlus makes his other requests, upon seeing the coin he speaks. "Ah, the coin of the fish men. Yes, Giselle has told us of your Andrew's plans to run trade to the coast." He snuffs a bit. "Our smiths make only crude tools, the iron they use is not well suited for your needs. If you plan to seek these beasts you will need more skilled hands than what we have here." Looking to Zangretor "Your mother may not approve of this fascination of yours."
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kysh'Nal pulls forth his Shank made of Obsidean. And looks to the old human.

"We stabbed it until it stopped moving, With the power of the Umber... the life left from it before it killed all of us...."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangretor shudders a little

"But the more people who studies them the more we know about them! I will study them regardless!"
    Character:
    Zangretor

A 15" tall anthro muntjaq deer. Tiny horns on his head. Clad in leather armor with a pair of tiny kukri on his lower back in sheaths. Always with a smile or excited attitude.

"An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured."
    - Konrad Adenauer

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Garlus grins slightly and shakes his head.

"The metal we have is for your smiths, given freely. Garlus has no need for them to make anything, and it will be easier on our steeds if they do not have to haul the weight of the metal any further."

With that, Garlus proceeds to go looking for Dhra, and to help as he can with the horses.
    Garlus is likely considered a runt of his own peoples. Standing at 5'8", and weighing 145 lbs, he is covered in a thick matte of brownish hair, except for a long streak of black flowing down from his chin. His eyes however, almost glow reddish. He has a long scar down one thigh, where hair refuses to grow, and tends to move slower than most. His horns curls in a downward circle that end below his ears.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

*sigh* "I see. Rather un-glamorous. Though it is a comfort to know they fall much the same way as everything else. We were merely able thwart it from felling us. It would seem we thwarted it right into you."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Garlus finds Dhra and the horses in the same area as they were stabled in before next to the threshing barn.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"There shouldn't be glamor in battle, eloquence sure, beauty ok, but not glamor."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangretor moves to Kysh'nal,

"Hey! Im going to go to the library and learn more about the dragons! If you want anything come find me!"

Before Kysh can reply, Zangretor runs off to find the water buffulo who took the dragons head. He is very fast....
    Character:
    Zangretor

A 15" tall anthro muntjaq deer. Tiny horns on his head. Clad in leather armor with a pair of tiny kukri on his lower back in sheaths. Always with a smile or excited attitude.

"An infallible method of conciliating a tiger is to allow oneself to be devoured."
    - Konrad Adenauer

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Afternoon fades to evening and then on into night. The wagon is restocked with rations and water and the party helps themselves to hot prepared meals at the grainery. The common house, familiar to most, has undergone a few changes in your absence. Indira has collected reeds and branches and built a very Shook-like loft above the rafters. Stephen and Hermand have crafted comfortable beds that are much more civilized than they were on your previous visit. Before long you succom to the exhaustion from your travels and everyone beds down for the night.

Waking from the best night's sleep you've had in months you step out into the sunlight to realize it's already midmorning and there is a sense of hurriedness in the citizens of the temple. Their paces have quickened and they shuffle about from here to there devoid of the leisure you remember from before.

As you are taking a late breakfast, a familiar young stag mintauran in a hooded cloak approaches you.
    "The Elders convene at noon. Your presence is requested." With that he gives a small bow and heads off quickly, as if on a mission.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kysh'Nal sleeps in meditative stance while sitting. He seems to almost stumble out of his sleep as he rolls forward then up onto his feet. Looking around almost for a nightmare that hed been running from. He calms as the Mintaurian speaks. He goes and ensures Yuarin wakes up, then to the Mintaurans as well. No one should miss the meeting.
    Festival of Heroes:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hermand give a small head nod to acknowledge the youngling, then stands from his seat.

"Oh my, this is indeed curious. I must fetch my implements!"

Hermand hurries to his lodgings and retrieves his quill, ink and note books, then makes for the meeting hall.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangretor stumbles out of his house, eyes half closed and and droopy, heading to the elders. fully dressed alabit, some of the straps are not exactly right....

he groans to himself "why did I stay up all night knowing there was a meeting this early.... So much to learn about these dragons...."

His normally chipper self obviously very tired and groggy....
    Character:
    Zangretor

- Konrad Adenauer

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dhra goes to see the elders quickly, carrying his gear and walking with his spear in hand. He remains quiet when he arrives, standing off to the side and simply observing.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The First few of you arrive at the amphitheater a few moments before the elders. Enitan walks in and takes her seat. "Zangretor, my son, why do you sit amongst the Umber Dreamers? Surely you have duties to attend to around here." She looks over the few of you already gathered, noticing Dhra standing at the outside rim of the amphitheater she starts for a moment, then calms herself and speaks. "Well now, this is certainly a development of note. How have you managed to become one with the Umber in such a way?" She waits for a response, without taking her eyes off of the statuesque figure before her.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kysh'Nal takes the time to bring in the 4 stones, one at a time. He sets them down and then sits behind them. When the one known as Enitan sits and begins asking questions, he perks up and waits for a lull in her speaking.

"What are these stones? this Amber? the same in the Staff, in the Axe?"
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The small springbok Mintauran turns her gaze from Dhra toward Kysh'Nal. "I do not know you, but I have seen these stones before. When the others came here for the first time they brought them. Unfortunately I know nothing more of these stones. My first guess was that they are 'Umber Heart'; Stone of great power found in the places where the Umber Spirit is strongest. This idea cannot be however, because as you see, there are four stones. There are only three Umber Spirits. So I am sorry. I cannot answer your question."
    She Turns back to Dhra, just as Stephen and Indira arrive and take their seats with you in the amphitheater. Just behind the small shook and large human, Dacre and Nahal, the pair of elk Mintauran elders enter and find their places on either side of the platform.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kysh'Nal looks as if he is about to speak, but then shuts is mouth as the elders enter.

"My name, Is Kysh'Nal Kurak'Tug"

He looks back from the elder to Enitan.

"To expand on that theory. If one of these is not an Umber Heart, which would it be. If you had to... put a label to each, which one does not belong. "
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Garlus lumbers slowly toward the meeting, arriving behind some of the others. Upon arrival, he shuffles slowly down the stair of the amphitheater, giving a nod to Dhra as he passes, to sit in the front, where he gazes upon the elders intently, but remains silent.
    Garlus is likely considered a runt of his own peoples. Standing at 5'8", and weighing 145 lbs, he is covered in a thick matte of brownish hair, except for a long streak of black flowing down from his chin. His eyes however, almost glow reddish. He has a long scar down one thigh, where hair refuses to grow, and tends to move slower than most. His horns curls in a downward circle that end below his ears.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangretor speaks to his mother

"I was the one who found them, and brought them back to the temple! I saw the remains of the dragon that they slew! I did all kinds of research last night! I didn't learn much, but I was able to piece some things from stories to fact! At least for my own troubles!"

He shuffles his feet as he stands with the rest. Eager to hear more about whats going on in the meeting.
    Character:
    Zangretor

- Konrad Adenauer

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dhra pauses and looks down at his hands. He speaks in a short tone, hinting that the subject is a bit sensitive, "Death, then Fuma." He lets out a sigh, looking past her for a moment then back to her after he recollects himself. "Seen this happen before?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hermand shuffles in with Several books a quill and a pot of ink. He stops beside the stones, looks ahead, and back at the stones, and ***** his head to the side to consider them.

(1d20+7) Knowledge History
    (1d20+5) Knowledge Religion
    (1d20) Bardic Knowledge

What are these stones?

Edit: innitial rolls didn't roll

[Roll]1d20+7[/roll] Knowledge History
    [Roll]1d20+5[/roll] Knowledge Religion
    [Roll]1d20[/roll] Bardic knowledge
    Last edited by Hermand Bland; 2014-07-16 at 06:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

(1d20+7)[20]
    (1d20+5)[19]
    (1d20)[4]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Never" she responds to Dhra, rather matter of factly. "Re-born of living Umber. 'Tis truly miraculous."

Turning back to Kysh'Nal, "I cannot say that one is and another is not. They all have the right properties but each is slightly different from the others. You see these stones were cut hundreds of years ago, they must have been. And all I have to work with is drawings and description left in books and notes from ages past."

With a reluctance in her voice she sighs and says to Zangretor, "Very well, you may sit in on this meeting. Your youthful insight may come in handy. But after, you must see to your duties."
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2014-07-16 at 12:10 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

"It would be folly to think that if one were real, the others aren't. For three to be real gives further credit to the fourth. We know there ARE 3 spirits, but these stones are from a time of WERE. A time of were that none I know were around for. Perhaps at the time there were 4, or maybe the fourth revealed himself to the crafter alone."

Hermand moves to a seat.

"Furthermore, maybe the crafter wished to create a fourth, as thin a possibility as that might be... It does fill the mind with the mystery and wonder of childhood."

Hermand continues to ponder to himself with a grin.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kysh'Nal seems to tilt his head as the older human speaks. The words he said were interesting.... but completely mind blowing. He then shudders at the thought and shakes his head.

He turns back to the elders.

"Honored elder Minataurans. We have locations, like the one we found with fallen dragons. i believe them to be the places where the falling star pieces fell. What say you to this? "
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dacre speaks up.
    "We saw the fire in the sky, just before your compatriots arrived here the first time. However we know nothing of its significance, if in fact there is any."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dhra speaks up, in Mintauran, "They might also be locations of dormant dragons. We try seal off or kill what we can."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Garlus draws a deep breath, before letting it go slowly. After, he looks to the Elders.

"Garlus would ask the wise ones, their insight as to why these flying beasts were imprisoned, and not killed. It is obvious these beasts are a grave threat. He would also ask, why there are those of our blood traveling, and helping, the ones who likely freed the beast that plagued here."

Garlus falls silent, looking to each Elder in turn for answers.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hermand's face shifts, and his mouth twitches as if he were trying to figure out some joke. However looking at Garlus, he determines there was no jest.

"Surely you can't be ignorant of the benefit of studying these creatures? To find a greater weakness, to find a flaw, or fates willing to find a way to control or befriend them."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Dhra huffs, then speaks in mintauran, "But they have not been studied since they were trapped, or we know more about them. They buried and forgotten about. Became stories. Now they back and we suffer for past weakness."