New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Lets Watch: Skyland

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Quick question for LaZodiac. Do you take notes as you watch the show, or do you write up your reactions afterward? I'd like to start my own Let's Watch and I'm looking for tips.

Anyway, it's good to be back.
    I write up my reactions as I watch, pausing whenever I go to write. Feels "realer" to me in that sense, and leads to some great moments like in Episode 4 where thing happens that I won't spoil.

Glad you're back too

2. - Top - End - #62

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Episode 5: The Zodipire Strikes Back
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Especially because the Mosquito's are here! Hooray for the Mosquito's! If I knew more about Battlestar Galacta I'd make more jokes about them regarding them but whatever.
    Galactica. Do they look like BSG Vipers or Starfuries or whatever they're called to you, or...?

Also it seems that Wyatt is piloting one the Mosquito's. Which is odd, I sort of figured they were automated because...well, we've never seen more crew then Wyatt, Cortez, Dahlia and Cheng, so...I honestly figured they were automated.
    Didn't you say that there was someone piloting a mosquito the first time they appeared during the two-parter pilot? And yes, it does sound like the crew is minuscule. Maybe that's why they shrank the pirate ship as a retcon?

Also a question. The pirate ship is called Saint Nazire, or something along those lines. Can anyone figure out what, if anything, that is a reference to? Because I can't tell at all.
    Best I can figure is that it's some form of Turkic/Iranian poetry.

Then an air battle happens. Wyatt and the Mosquito's shoot down the CHRONE's pretty effectively. But unfortunately, according to Cheng, the reactor on the escapee's ship is going to explode! The animation and voice acting for this makes it sound like a good thing, when it's clearly not. Welp.
    The animation, even? XD What, are they cheering?

At the bar, Cortez asks the bartender for "two more waters, please". As someone who works at a bar...no, that's not how that works. At all. In FRENCH, maybe? But in English, no.
    Eh? How so? Here in the States they're just called "water(s)" or "ice water(s)" when ordering in a restaurant or when the waitstaff drops them off.

Anyway, Wyatt reveals (only now) that...maybe this guy isn't actually an escapee. The shuttle's could of attacked him during that entire chase, but they didn't, even though they had ample opportunity too. Wyatt, they're Brigs, I don't think you can just assume incompetence is secretly malevolent.
    So now they think it's a trap. Even with the explosm reactor core.

At any rate Cortez agrees, but if he really did escape from Carsen/Cars-in/Karsan (the prison they send Seijuns and other people the Sphere wants silenced forever) he'd be able to bring them to their mother! So that'd be good! More importantly he'd probably be a Seijun, and thus could train Lena into a badass.
    She can't just keep getting by on her precociousness forever.

Anyway, the Escapee is telling Mahad and Lena about a sky route that has a constant flucuating storm in it. We've been told maps don't work but maybe this is just a paper version of whatever Vector's cybermap is, or it's specifically a map of what a specific, unmoving area looks like, but where it IS in the world is undetermined unless you have Vector's cybermap. I don't know, either way it sounds sketchy. And we don't even know what it's to be used for yet!

Oh, okay, it's his escape route from the prison. Mahad is like "perfect, that's how I'll get in!" which makes no sense because the storm cloud isn't the prison, it's just what he used to escape the prison...somehow. Okay this makes no sense. Lena then randomly says "What if you're lying!" and I'm like...okay, why are you doing this? Whatever, Mahad brings up a good point for once in his life. The dude jumped from his shuttle trusting they'd be able to catch him, that's gotta count for something.
    Obviously coming *out* of the suicidally dangerous death storm is something they'd never expect of someone trying to break into their maximum security prison.

...IT'S PARIS!! Mahad mentions it's a really nice place. Oh you Francophones. Nice to see the Eiffial Tower is still standing somehow. Also I'm going to hazard and guess and say that Paris isn't always this piss yellow and it's just the storm clouds surrounding it. All my joking aside this is actually a really nice sight to see. Anyway, they land and begin exploring.
    Paris is the best prison, because no one ever wants to leave, after all.

So, a question. Why is Kharsem here? Last we saw it was just a giant borg cube, what's it doing in the middle of Paris, of all places? They say it's a good place to hide, and due to the storm this is true. But like...it still seems a little out of the way for such an important prison.
    Ahh, but remoteness and all of the French pastry and bistros and wine helps make escape all the more difficult.

...our heroes discover they are Brigs.
    "No John, You Are The Demons!" XD

The Brigs continue to just sort of stand there. Sansken then...saves them from the Brigs by finding them and leading them to the exit. Ah...alright? Oh, but there Diwan is! It WAS a trap! Diwan points out that they really should of known this was coming given how easy it was to infiltrate what is supposed to be the most secure prison in the world. She has a point.
    Brigs have got to be the laziest robots without the intelligence to be lazy ever.

Sansken reveals that, gasp, he was doing this for his children! Now we know what his uninteligable keyphrase babbling when he fell into the Hyperion is all about! Diwan then releases his children and they run to him and hug and yay and stuff.
    Wait, the bad guys actually holding to their end of the bargain?

Diwan then tells em all to just get out, and Sansken is like "...how're we getting out I don't have a ship?" and Diwan tells him that's his problem, especially because officially he IS an escapee and wanted by the Sphere. Makes me wonder what, if anything, he actually did.
    Oh, the joys of being bad at thinking things through.

That was just... the worst bargain. I mean, why even give such a crappy bargain if they'd actually give him his kids back. Unless... They're not kids, they're actually bombs!

Sansken accepts this. Unfortunately for everyone involved on team villain, after being thrown into a wall, after everyone was distracted by the hostage exchange, Lena and Mahad just...sorta crawled away into an air duct. Score one for the good guys?
    I have altered the deal, pray I don't alter the deal further- hey, wait, where did Han slip off to? Guys, you were supposed to be watching the prisoners while I was evil monologuing. Worst. Minions. Ever.

XD

Mahad stealth kills one of the Brig's with an iron pipe after using his boomerang as a distraction. The second Brig then gets killed by the boomerang as it returns. This is actually kind of cool, though seriously my god Sphere make your robots a little less ****, okay? Please?
    Indeed, I could accept a magic boomerang, but a pipe in the hands of a punk kid? c'mon. These robots seem to only have one advantage over people and they probably don't actually have that if they're exuding steam errywhere.

What's funny though is that, a Brig reports to Diwan that they found Mahad. So to them, this is a success. Diwan tells all her Brigs to converge on Mahad, while she'll take care of Lena. She's got a grudge, after all. However, since Mahad and Lena are in the same area they're just walking together. Alright. Really makes this scene kind of pointless now doesn't it.
    "You guys get that one, I'll get the other one, bye" "Err, they're in the same place, actually." *awkward 5 minute walk in silence*

...Mahad uses the corpses of one of the Brig's to hijack one of the subway trains and uses it to escape the metro tunnel. He also almost runs over Diwan, and slaughters her Brig squad via train. Or at least theoretically, the four or so Brig's with her have vanished and become only a single Brig, who is capable of just not being hit by the train somehow.
    Quantum Brigs?

The train is headed for an exit, likely into thin air, so our heroes rush to get out. Mahad...trips over the Brig corpse, and gets his pant leg caught on it's hand. He hits it with his boomerang to get it off but now the boomerang has decided it can't cut metal (and he can't cut the pant leg because these models aren't modifiable).
    Oh dear. How zany.

...THE TRAIN FLIES OUT OF THE METRO AND STARTS FALLING. Our heroes hold on for dear life, theoretically seconds away from inevitable death! I say theoretically because assuming they don't land, and assuming the core is something you can't land on, they could just keep falling forever.
    In a bottomless pit, you die of starvation/Strong Sad.

...MEANWHILE, with Sansken...he...he's at where the Hyperion landed. And there is a Brig guarding it. Sansken taps the Brig on the shoulder. It turns to face him.

SANSKEN PUNCHES THE BRIG IN THE FACE! WITH HIS HAND! UNCOVERED. The Brig GOES DOWN LIKE A SACK OF LEAD WEIGHTS. SANSKEN JUST PUNCHED OUT A GOD DAMN ROBOT.

I don't care how ****ty the Brig's are, they've been killed only by tech or powers so far. This dude just slugged a robot in the face and it died. That's badass. I hope Sansken is a Seijun so he can actually teach Lena how to do things like this.
    Well, they are pretty piddly. Or are you saying that Mahad's iron lead pipe was a use of either tech or power? The more impressive thing is that it didn't scratch his hand in doing so.

...OSLO is here for whatever reason, to greet Mahad and Lena. Mostly Lena. Oslo's animation isn't that good at all here, but his acting is above average as it tends to be. His lines are also creepy as **** knowing that he intends to not only train Lena in her powers, but groom her to be his bride, more or less, because of some silly prophecy which may or may not even exist because only Oslo and Mom have brought it up.
    For a second I was amused at the idea of them going from Paris and into Oslo almost immediately. xD

Suddenly the gate opens up again, and Lena uses that brief charge to send Diwan and a Brig flying, then blasts some power at Oslo. Oslo catches the power ball and...HAHAHAHAHA. HE THROWS IT AT MAHAD! Okay, see, that's a good one. Oslo's too good to play your stupid ass powerball tennis ****. He'll throw it at the guy who has no way of reflecting it back, and use that to dissuade you from attacking. See, that's cool.
    That makes sense, surprisingly.

Then the Hyperion shows up, and opens fire on Oslo! I knew it! Also the sound effects for the Hyperion's guns reminds me of something, can't tell what exactly though.
    Pew pew pew noises? zanga-zanga-zanga beams?

My thoughts? This was alright. I'd put it on the same general level as Mogura, though it suffered from worse writing over all. And some of the scenes where just...laughably bad. And laughably good, as "SLUGGING A ROBOT IN THE FACE" is something really awesome, and I hope someone can make a gif of it (I'd appreciate it if you did guys, just saying ).
    Well now I want to see this gif'd now that you've talked it up so much.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2014-07-21 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #63

It's not that they look like the ships from Battlestar Galactica, just that it's a big ship letting out smaller ships to do all of it's fighting.

Also the pirate ship isn't actually any thinner, it just looks REALLY thin from directly above for some strange reason.

4. - Top - End - #64

NecromancerGuy

It's not that they look like the ships from Battlestar Galactica, just that it's a big ship letting out smaller ships to do all of it's fighting.

Also the pirate ship isn't actually any thinner, it just looks REALLY thin from directly above for some strange reason.
    Oh, you mean CARRIER HAS ARRIVED?

Probably to make it harder to bomb from above. Or the artists were *ahem* compromised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

5. - Top - End - #65
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Well, if you insist.
    Hey, can you include the question, so I know what question each one is answering.

---

...okay no that guy's dead, the way they catch him wouldn't work at all. At the very least he's gonna have some busted up bones. I'll appreciate, however, that they don't just slide under him and impact into him like Superman would (which would liquify someone) and instead fly under him, maintaining slightly slower speed then him so he plops into the ship. Though with a relatively loud and fast thunk regardless.
    Compared to how fast the ship and he closed together, I'd say that the fall inside the ship was actually too fast in comparison. The ship appeared to nearly match his fall velocity while he was outside.

That said, both the crew members should have been experiencing extremely light gravity at that point...

At the bar, Cortez asks the bartender for "two more waters, please". As someone who works at a bar...no, that's not how that works. At all. In FRENCH, maybe? But in English, no.
    What exactly is wrong with people ordering the single most valuable resource they have, water, in a bar?

Anyway, the Escapee is telling Mahad and Lena about a sky route that has a constant flucuating storm in it. We've been told maps don't work but maybe this is just a paper version of whatever Vector's cybermap is, or it's specifically a map of what a specific, unmoving area looks like, but where it IS in the world is undetermined unless you have Vector's cybermap. I don't know, either way it sounds sketchy. And we don't even know what it's to be used for yet!
    Seems to just be a map of a very specific area, while the Vector's system is on a much larger scale.

So, a question. Why is Kharsem here? Last we saw it was just a giant borg cube, what's it doing in the middle of Paris, of all places? They say it's a good place to hide, and due to the storm this is true. But like...it still seems a little out of the way for such an important prison.
    Actually, I'd think that the more out of the way, the better. More isolated, more secure.

What's funny though is that, a Brig reports to Diwan that they found Mahad. So to them, this is a success. Diwan tells all her Brigs to converge on Mahad, while she'll take care of Lena. She's got a grudge, after all. However, since Mahad and Lena are in the same area they're just walking together. Alright. Really makes this scene kind of pointless now doesn't it.
    Not exactly. She orders them to get the boy, not just to converge on the boy's position, and also orders them not to directly attack the one with superpowers. Her order was more instructive than simply sending them to a location.

...THE TRAIN FLIES OUT OF THE METRO AND STARTS FALLING.
    Oh great, now they demonstrate correct falling physics.

Lena starts using her powers to slow the descent of the train (good!)
    Mahad starts swimming in the sky to get to her (bad!)
    Err, why is this bad? They are effectively zero g in relation to the train. You've seen how people move about in NASA's training aircraft, right?

Unfortunately, Lena says she can't do it, there isn't enough light to fuel her powers enough to do it. Then, Deus Ex Machina style, the storm parts and sun shines and charges Lena up.
    They've previously established that the gate opens at a particular interval.

Suddenly the gate opens up again, and Lena uses that brief charge to send Diwan and a Brig flying, then blasts some power at Oslo.
    And here it is again.

Also the episode title in no way reflected the episode. Paris isn't an archipelago.
    Modern day Paris is not an archipelago, but Skyland day Paris is an extensive group of floating islands surrounded by a raging storm.

---

P.S. I spotted this. Does it look vaguely familiar to anyone else?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Compared to how fast the ship and he closed together, I'd say that the fall inside the ship was actually too fast in comparison. The ship appeared to nearly match his fall velocity while he was outside.

That said, both the crew members should have been experiencing extremely light gravity at that point...
    Yeah, I sort of glossed over that sort of. I mean I intended to mention it but might of just implied it. His falling into the ship was faar to fast given the rest of the situation.

What exactly is wrong with people ordering the single most valuable resource they have, water, in a bar?
    "I'd like two X of water please", where X is the container it's in. "I'd like two waters" is not how you grammar.

Seems to just be a map of a very specific area, while the Vector's system is on a much larger scale.
    Yeah, that was one of the conclusions (of many) that I came to

Actually, I'd think that the more out of the way, the better. More isolated, more secure.
    True, but I'd imagine having it inside a place that is isolated, but still within easy reach, might be a better idea.

Not exactly. She orders them to get the boy, not just to converge on the boy's position, and also orders them not to directly attack the one with superpowers. Her order was more instructive than simply sending them to a location.
    Yeah, I might of understood the instructions a little too simply.

Err, why is this bad? They are effectively zero g in relation to the train. You've seen how people move about in NASA's training aircraft, right?
    I wasn't under the impression they were in zero g because of the fall. Also because I'm pretty sure in a zero G environment, making swimming motions wouldn't help much. But then I don't know.

They've previously established that the gate opens at a particular interval.
    I'm just saying it's pretty lucky that it opened up right then, in that exact spot, to shine on her exactly enough sunlight to get powered up

Modern day Paris is not an archipelago, but Skyland day Paris is an extensive group of floating islands surrounded by a raging storm.
    Understandable.

P.S. I spotted this. Does it look vaguely familiar to anyone else?
    Nifty. Don't have itunes so I can't get it to play it or whatever, but I suppose later on I could explore the Skyland website (it's still up, actually!).

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

"I'd like two X of water please", where X is the container it's in. "I'd like two waters" is not how you grammar.
    I'm not seeing it
    Don't specify a container, get whatever the standard size is.

There's nothing wrong with the plural, he's just using "water" as the drink rather than the substance.

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
    I'm not seeing it
    Don't specify a container, get whatever the standard size is.

There's nothing wrong with the plural, he's just using "water" as the drink rather than the substance.
    It just seems really weird to me, is all. "Hey, I'd like some water" makes sense. "Hey, can we get some water?" makes sense. But "Two waters please." seems a little off.

9. - Top - End - #69

"I'd like two beers please."
    "Two more ciders, thanks."
    "I'll have a lemon, lime, and bitters please."

...Yeah, that is exactly how it's said here.

I wasn't under the impression they were in zero g because of the fall. Also because I'm pretty sure in a zero G environment, making swimming motions wouldn't help much. But then I don't know.
    Oh, they definitely were, in effective zero g in relation to the train, that is. I was tempted to link the modified Airbus, for humour's sake (bus/train? close enough), but this explains it better.

Pushing off from something works much better (though is very difficult to control), but equal and opposite reaction, yo. You can swim through the air if you float in it, it's basically just like a less viscous water.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

10. - Top - End - #70

"I'd like two beers please."
    "Two more ciders, thanks."
    "I'll have a lemon, lime, and bitters please."

...Yeah, that is exactly how it's said here.
    See, for beer and cider it makes sense. I've never heard of a lemon, lime, and bitters though. That doesn't sound right to me either, just like with water

11. - Top - End - #71

See, for beer and cider it makes sense. I've never heard of a lemon, lime, and bitters though. That doesn't sound right to me either, just like with water
    Two "what" of beers, though? Can? Stubbie? Pot? Schooner? etc.

"I'll have a water", "I'll just have a water", "we'll have a water each", "three waters please" are all perfectly acceptable phrase here, and if it were more common to order water at a bar, I'm sure it would stand out less to you, in much the same way as people saying "I'll have two Brand Ys please".

12. - Top - End - #72

Two "what" of beers, though? Can? Stubbie? Pot? Schooner? etc.

"I'll have a water", "I'll just have a water", "we'll have a water each", "three waters please" are all perfectly acceptable phrase here, and if it were more common to order water at a bar, I'm sure it would stand out less to you, in much the same way as people saying "I'll have two Brand Ys please".
    That is completely true.

13. - Top - End - #73

Also, LaZodiac, I apologise but it wasn't suggested because it's going to get really good or really bad, so I'm not sure if it will succeed or fail in that regard. It might get there, or it might stick in the middle range.

Mostly, it was suggested as it was the most similar a type of series (in production, mostly) as I could think of to RWBY (but produced by an actual production team for commercial television with higher budgets).

Actually, while I did make the connection myself right at the beginning, the thing that most sticks in my mind is that quite a while ago I was showing someone RWBY and he immediately made the connection to Skyland and started talking about it and how good the animation was. However, he quit watching RWBY half way through the first episode saying that the animation was terrible, so he wouldn't watch it, but continued to talk about how great Skyland was.

It's this guy who I've borrowed Skyland from.

So, so far, Which series has had better animation?

14. - Top - End - #74

Also, LaZodiac, I apologise but it wasn't suggested because it's going to get really good or really bad, so I'm not sure if it will succeed or fail in that regard. It might get there, or it might stick in the middle range.

Mostly, it was suggested as it was the most similar a type of series (in production, mostly) as I could think of to RWBY (but produced by an actual production team for commercial television with higher budgets).
    Completely understandable. It'll be interesting to see where this goes regardless.

[QUOTE=Rawhide;17812742So, so far, Which series has had better animation?[/QUOTE]

...this is a tough question. On the one hand, Skyland's got MUCH better backgrounds. If anything this is a series that is more enjoyable to look at if you like looking at backgrounds. The character animation seems rather close in quality, though Skyland eeks out a little more due to having rather natural looking running (the better backgrounds help with this, making the movements seem less bad). However, RWBY is definitively better in terms of fight animation and directing. Though in Skyland I actually feel like the fights matter (at least, Lena's fights. Mahad will win because the Brig's are ridiculous trash not worth spitting on, Lena's fights are actually of consequence and have featured her losing more often then not, giving some slight tension to it).

I'm not gonna get to into it, but Skyland's has much more unique character designs (in so much that each character looks like a different person, not just a model with different clothes) but RWBY isn't TO bad at that either truth be told, it's just a little awkward about it at times. The cast is more diverse in Skyland, and the outfits are a lot simpler (perhaps too simple, but if this show was drawn the outfits would look VERY good, due to being clear and distinct).

Also Skyland's got this sort of cel shaded-ness to it that seems to make everything work a little better. That might just be because of the era though. Speaking of era, the lip sinking in RWBY is better, though to be fair Skyland was originally in French so they have more of an excuse (and in that regard RWBY needs to pick up the slack).

In summery? They're about on the same tier, one doing some things better then the other, and there being no clear winner. Alternatively Reboot and Beastwars blow them both out of the park despite being made years before both of them. #Canadian_Pride #Mainframe4Ever

15. - Top - End - #75

Speaking of era, the lip sinking in RWBY is better, though to be fair Skyland was originally in French so they have more of an excuse (and in that regard RWBY needs to pick up the slack).
    Not quite, it was concurrently made in French and English by a French studio in association with Canada. From what I can tell from my searching, the lip animation is apparently synched to the English language version.

In summery? They're about on the same tier, one doing some things better then the other, and there being no clear winner. Alternatively Reboot and Beastwars blow them both out of the park despite being made years before both of them. #Canadian_Pride #Mainframe4Ever
    If you want to watch an awesome 3D CGI series, watch Iron Man: Armoured Adventures.

16. - Top - End - #76

Not quite, it was concurrently made in French and English by a French studio in association with Canada. From what I can tell from my searching, the lip animation is apparently synched to the English language version.

If you want to watch an awesome 3D CGI series, watch Iron Man: Armoured Adventures.
    Aaah, interesting bit of information. It really doesn't look that well synced truth be told.

Or I could watch Beastwars or Reboot

17. - Top - End - #77

Or I could watch Beastwars or Reboot
    But you've already seen those!

You should check out Iron Man: Armoured Adventures, it is a really great series. Either just for your personal perusal, or possibly as the next project after this.

18. - Top - End - #78

But you've already seen those!

You should check out Iron Man: Armoured Adventures, it is a really great series. Either just for your personal perusal, or possibly as the next project after this.
    I'll consider it. I was intending to do Firefly after this, and then maybe breaking things up with a video game thread (I just don't know what. When it comes down to the wire I'll probably create a backloggery account and roll the dice. And probably get something awful considering my collection)

19. - Top - End - #79

I'll consider it. I was intending to do Firefly after this, and then maybe breaking things up with a video game thread (I just don't know what. When it comes down to the wire I'll probably create a backloggery account and roll the dice. And probably get something awful considering my collection)
    Regardless of what you watch (or play) for a "Let's..." next, I recommend you do watch Iron Man: Armoured Adventures for your own personal enjoyment (assuming you like superhero type things). It's Iron Man re-envisaged as a teenage boy and is quite well done.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

I'm trying to get into this, I really am...but the dialogue and the voice acting are both just so...so very very bad. I don't think I can get past it.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm trying to get into this, I really am...but the dialogue and the voice acting are both just so...so very very bad. I don't think I can get past it.
    It's PRETTY rough, yeah. I'm able to get through it because I'm insane.

22. - Top - End - #82

Update tomorrow, work was today and I'm exhausted.

23. - Top - End - #83

Okay, sorry for the delay and such, had a surprise work thrown at me yesterday and was too tired to do this. And then I had to help move the living room around for three hours. Time for Skyland!

Episode 6: Eye of the Storm

Spoiler
    Show
    We open on a big stormy sky castle that is full of ice. I'm guessing this is was a normal Ice block looks like. Cortez is evacuating people because the storm is so bad that they need to evacuate. Interesting that they'd have to, though I can imagine why. The storm could flip the entire block upside down! Presumably.

Mahad and Dahlia are currently heading towards home, and Cortez says this is good because it means they'll be gone before the "true" storm hits. This can only mean that they're gonna get hit by that and stranded and we're going to have to endure Mahad doing things to Dahlia. Oh good.

...we cut to Dahlia and Mahad in the Hyperion, who are not even remotely on their way home what the hell. This can only bode well. Also for some reason they're interested in an iceberg here even though they've got months of supply two episodes ago. However, smartly, they DO go to leave instead of trying to carry it with them somehow or whatever, so props for that.

Uuunfortunately, the Hyperion crashes because of the storm, and it's been established that the radio has been cut because of the storm as well. So Dahlia and Mahad are stuck here for...who knows how long. This will be pleasant.

Back at Port Angel, Lena's going around hanging out supplies to the refugee's. Hooray helpful protagonists who are likeable. She then meets up with Chang, and have some nice banter about how his headphones are too big and how Mahad's gonna get to do dishes when they show up. Though...it appears they should of been back by now. Oh dear. Lena is concerned by this, and Chang tries to cover his tracks. For lack of a better term he fails.

We cut back Dahlia and Mahad, and it appears...Chang IS getting through to their radio, but they can't hear it since they're knocked out, and Chang stops trying to contact them as they wake up. Convienant!

Dahlia decides to explore the area (still storming really hard) to see if they can find...whatever. I don't actually know what Dahlia does this. She tells Mahad to try and contact Chang. Shouldn't be that hard considering he can contact them.

Chang says there is too much interferance. Then how was he able to contact them in the first place, given we could hear him clear as day on Mahad's side of things. Whatever. He CAN contact Cortez, and tells him to look for them.

Okay, so...even the pirate ship is getting roughed up by the storm, and they mention that even it isn't meant to fly in this weather. Which means the Hyperion is extra ****ed because it's so small. I have to ask...how is this possible? The Hyperion is supposed to be this super powerful ship!

Wyatt, rightly so, says they should leave because they're responsible for hundreds of refugee lives, and thus Dahlia and Mahad will just have to wait out the storm, or die I guess. Cortez accepts this, emotionlessly (animation wise).

Dahlia has...made all of five feet of progress, and Mahad is like "are you okay?" which causes Dahlia to panic, saying he is supposed to stay put, and then loses her footing and falls off the Hyperion and appears to die. I...okay, Dahlia is cool, but I know nothing about her other then her laser bow and her hate of Mahad. I don't actually care.

Cortez and group get home, and they say they'll be using Vector to help calculate where Mahad and Dahlia could be because they're going to go right out into the storm to get them! Hooray I suppose. Lena demands to come with. Cortez says no and that's that. Chang does have some hilarious dialogue (only hilarious to the watcher) when he says that Mahad will be okay because Dahlia is with him. It's also dark humour, forgot to mention that.

We cut to Mahad and he's doing the exact thing Dahlia was doing that got herself killed, in order to try and find her. Props for being brave I suppose, but immediately taken away for being a stupid.

Oh, wait, Dahlia is a live! The soft rocks of the cliff saved her from her fall, and she managed to get into a small outcropping underneath where she fell. Mahad won't be as lucky considering where HE begins to fall off, and the fact that falling onto hard rocks is the best case scenario should tell you how ****ed they are.

...okay, that made me laugh. Hanging from the edge of the Hyperion, above an endless abyss of sky, in a winter storm. Mahad says to Dahlia "Don't worry, I'll get you out of there" completely serious. You've got balls of steel Mahad, but a brain of lead.

Maybe it's just my mood but this episode is boring and dumb.

Chang continues to look for Mahad and Dahlia's radio with his radio, I almost called Mahad Ruby oops. Lena continues...giving things to refugees. But the refugee in question gives a sob story about how they've lost everything OH MY GOD YOU GET TO GO BACK WHEN THE STORM IS DONE SHUT UP.

You can tell this is Canadian because the kids in the back ground are playing a Native American hand game. Lena says that these two kids playing "lets slap each other's hands because that's a game apparently" is proof that the refugee's haven't lost anything. I assume she means hope.

...somehow or another Mahad managed to crawl back up onto the ice cold Hyperion, tie a rope around his waist and around a...thing that is on the Hyperion, and then descend the rope to Dahlia so she can tie it around HER self, so they can pull her up. All of this off screen.

...apparently their plan was to use the storm's wind to blow her UP to the Hyperion, but the rope was there to keep her from flying off and splattering against some rocks. I just...I don't even...fine, whatever. This happened.

On his way to Vector's lighthouse Cortez says...the storm will be big. Alright. ALSO, a question. If the storm is this close to both Port Angel and the other place, and the other place had a glacier big enough for months of water, how did NO ONE find it? Where the refugee's hiding it from their benevolent pirate friends?

Mahad gets indignant about Dahlia saying "ow" when he grabs her dislocated shoulder with both hands roughly. **** Mahad.

Dahlia admits she is grateful that Mahad saved her, and is quite impressed that he did. Mahad says that she probably wants to give her hero a kiss. This episode could of maybe been character development for Mahad but instead it's making me want to stab him in his stupid face. Dahlia does not punch him because her good arm is dislocated.

Oh hey Chang finally got back to their frequency again and they are awake enough to hear him. Yay.

.........THE WINDS ARE PUSHING THIS ISLAND ON A COLLISION COARSE WITH PORT ANGEL. ALRIGHT.

Chang misses that part, and instead tells Lena that she found Mahad and Dahlia. Lena kisses Chang on the cheek for it and that's cute I guess.

...Dahlia and Mahad decide that the only way to save Port Angel from the island crash is by detonating the Hyperion, killing them along with the iceberg.

Mahad for what it's worth, does conceal he's doing this from Lena and Chang, and gets to talking to an adult instead. However, the lie he used to do so is something that makes Lena suspicious. Chang then uses a walkie talkie to hack into the radio's signal.

Lena, of course, runs right the hell off after hearing Mahad's plan. She tells Cortez and Vector and Cortez is like "It's the only way lass."

Then...finally, the bomb explodes. But the iceberg is still intact. And for some reason Dahlia and Mahad and the Hyperion are still alive. I'm guessing that Lena's got something to do with it, because as the Hyperion exploded she sent out a Seijun pulse of some sort and glew bright blue. So...that's interesting I guess.

...Oh, okay. The Hyperion wasn't the bomb, they just took bits from it and they assumed it'd be big enough to kill them. And all it did was split the iceberg in too. Good job guys. Cortez says they should get to safety, but Lena tells him to **** off essentially and goes to save the day with her Seijun powers.

Even though there is no sun out. She uses what Seijun powers she has to direct lightning towards her to power her up instead. I...don't think that's how this works, but alright.

...FOR SOME UNFATHOMABLE REASON, Dahlia has decided that actually, she will kiss Mahad. Because **** characterizations, romance subplots sell ****ty CG cartoons. Thankfully this is interrupted by Lena shooting a giant laser beam at them, which out of context must sound hilarious.

...the laser melts the iceberg, wasting all the water it could of been, but our heroes are saved. Wyatt says Mahad now has the right to show off for once. No he doesn't. This makes no sense. Cortez says that this event clearly shows Mahad and Dahlia make a good team. HOW.

Mahad says that he doesn't want to take any girls in his jet anymore cause all they wanna do is flirt and kiss at him. Cortez, in a quick bit of actual voice acting, tells Dahlia to not throw him overboard because they need him until tomorrow. Dahlia chases after Mahad saying she'll count the minutes.

DA END.

That's teh episode. My thoughts? I don't know if it's because of my mood, or the episode itself, but that was a trash ****ing episode. Boring, uninteresting, and when it could of been used for character development they instead went for...stupid bum ****ery and giant laser beams that melt icebergs but don't melt space ships. Alright.

I really hope the quality starts improving. Weather I mean the show or of my life I don't know. See you guys Mundas.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

You've already made it further than me. I made it through the second episode and just turned if off. The premise is cliche, the characterization is bad, the animation is bad, the dialogue is bad, and the voice acting is bad.

But other than all of that, I guess it's ok.

Hope you cheer up in general though.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2014-07-26 at 09:55 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    You've already made it further than me. I made it through the second episode and just turned if off. The premise is cliche, the characterization is bad, the animation is bad, the dialogue is bad, and the voice acting is bad.

But other than all of that, I guess it's ok.

Hope you cheer up in general though.
    It has not improved. But it did have a spider robot!

And thanks.

26. - Top - End - #86

Chang says there is too much interferance. Then how was he able to contact them in the first place, given we could hear him clear as day on Mahad's side of things. Whatever. He CAN contact Cortez, and tells him to look for them.
    Well, first, this is an assumption on Cheng's behalf. There is a lot of inteferrence and he's receiving no reply. Second... he doesn't want to upsent Lena. Third, he's using a base station transmitter. It has more power and can reach further than an onboard radio can. It can collect weaker signals, but it would be like boosting an already distorted signal. It sends the transmission at high power while it is pure and undistorted, but it has to listen to it from a signal that has been heavily distorted at the source.

Okay, so...even the pirate ship is getting roughed up by the storm, and they mention that even it isn't meant to fly in this weather. Which means the Hyperion is extra ****ed because it's so small. I have to ask...how is this possible? The Hyperion is supposed to be this super powerful ship!
    It is extra special, for its size.

Chang continues to look for Mahad and Dahlia's radio with his radio, I almost called Mahad Ruby oops. Lena continues...giving things to refugees. But the refugee in question gives a sob story about how they've lost everything OH MY GOD YOU GET TO GO BACK WHEN THE STORM IS DONE SHUT UP.
    The storm has likely destroyed their home. They will get to return to their island, if it even still exists (it itself might have been destroyed), but their home would be destroyed.

You can tell this is Canadian because the kids in the back ground are playing a Native American hand game. Lena says that these two kids playing "lets slap each other's hands because that's a game apparently" is proof that the refugee's haven't lost anything. I assume she means hope.
    Family. I assume she means you haven't lost your family.

...somehow or another Mahad managed to crawl back up onto the ice cold Hyperion, tie a rope around his waist and around a...thing that is on the Hyperion, and then descend the rope to Dahlia so she can tie it around HER self, so they can pull her up. All of this off screen.
    It's a handle. Likely for a hatch (door).

On his way to Vector's lighthouse Cortez says...the storm will be big. Alright. ALSO, a question. If the storm is this close to both Port Angel and the other place, and the other place had a glacier big enough for months of water, how did NO ONE find it? Where the refugee's hiding it from their benevolent pirate friends?
    The storm brought it to the other place.

---

Also, I apologise profusely for placing this torment on you.

27. - Top - End - #87

Also, I apologise profusely for placing this torment on you.
    Naw, it's not your fault. I'm just in a mood today is all

28. - Top - End - #88

Naw, it's not your fault. I'm just in a mood today is all
    I mean, the whole season.

29. - Top - End - #89

I mean, the whole season.
    Aaah. WEll, it can't get much worse then this episode...presumably, so it should be fine

...*crosses fingers*

30. - Top - End - #90

Aaah. WEll, it can't get much worse then this episode...presumably, so it should be fine

...*crosses fingers*
    No comment.