New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: SHEOL Inc.: I Owe My Soul to the Company Store

Quote Originally Posted by Aric Kale View Post
    Spooktacular - Darsy, Marcy, and Aric

HAHA! The man bellows with glee.

You are not as resilient as you thought, eh-AHHHHGRGH! The flesh-eating goo is quite painful, so even though he's rapidly healing around it, it's not pleasant.

Even so, the man charges forward, hammer swinging, while trying to catch all of the goo and keeping it from his ally.

Damn...that stings like hell.
    Marciano just keeps glaring at the man, a look of concern in his face. "The hell's your problem? Have you been into the mushrooms again? Lunatics shouldn't be given weapons." He's just a tad intimidated by the Nordic psychopath. It's not every day some guy dressed as Thor tries to kill you, after all. As he gets close, Marcy will point his fist forward, and cause the limb to rocket forth through the air on a long metal piece. The fist ought to slam right into Aric's guy, before slinking backwards into Marciano's arm once more. "Pshh. I've survived Magtok, Clarissa, and Excelsior. I can outlast you." Now, he'll continue to move backwards, hoping the punch would at least slow him down.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Party

My first was the Game Boy Advance.

"I didn't know I was supposed to bring anything, I'm afraid. Sorry." Nikomache has a quick look around to see if anybody else has brought a gift or anything that looks like it may be a gift.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marciano just keeps glaring at the man, a look of concern in his face. "The hell's your problem? Have you been into the mushrooms again? Lunatics shouldn't be given weapons." He's just a tad intimidated by the Nordic psychopath. It's not every day some guy dressed as Thor tries to kill you, after all. As he gets close, Marcy will point his fist forward, and cause the limb to rocket forth through the air on a long metal piece. The fist ought to slam right into Aric's guy, before slinking backwards into Marciano's arm once more. "Pshh. I've survived Magtok, Clarissa, and Excelsior. I can outlast you." Now, he'll continue to move backwards, hoping the punch would at least slow him down.
    Meanwhile, Felandria is finishing off a bottle of wine and watching the battle.

And trying very, very hard not to get involved.

Sooooo hard.

She doesn't wanna be an action hog.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #484
    Halfling in the Playground

Spooktacular - Aric

Aric is knocked on his ass by the punch, his chest cavity having caved in. While he takes a moment to heal, the nordic warrior throws the hammer at Marcy while rummaging through his haversack.

There we go!
    Kale whips out his spear, looking back just long enough to bring the blade of his weapon near Darsy.
    He struggles to speak as his sternum realigns itself.
    Hnng...Darsy...give me a little flame...he requests, shaking the spear a bit so that she gets the idea.

If/when she does, Aric will leap up onto his feet and swing the now-flaming spearhead in a wide arc towards Marcy's already damaged skull.
    Keep in mind, the murynstil from which this spear is forged is far more durable than steel. It's almost as tough as adamantine.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

((Hey, Earl. You can rename Link in pretty much every LoZ game.))

Spooktacular - Darsy

Stupid flesh-eating goo getting in the way. Now Darsy can't chase after Marciano and punch him a lot.

However...it seems Aric has given her a way to help.

Darsy will quickly reach out to grab the spear. She can't throw her flames, but she can still light stuff with them.

Sure, they're only as hot as an average wood-fueled fire. But that's still pretty hot.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcy and Co:

Marciano has run out of tricks here. He didn't have much in the way of defenses now, and that unfriendly looking flaming spear of sheer nope-age is hurtling towards him at uncomfortably high velocity. Marciano manages to catch the adamantium hammer though before looking upwards and closing his eyes, not wanting to dizzy himself by watching the thing come close. This was going to hurt. Hopefully the spear would miss any important parts of his brain, and his systems would stay online.

Luckily, it was but a moment earlier that Gemma looked upwards at the world, shaking her head just as a hammer was thrown towards Marciano. Well, that wouldn't do. If Marciano died, who would they go to for the serum they need? So, she'll will a purple and green portal to appear in the air just as the spear comes flying forwards, opening the following one directly behind Aric, attempting to skewer him with his own flaming spear.

Grayle rises up too, completely and blissfully unaware of the fact that someone just rummaged through his sister's bag and stole a rather important trigger. He instead rises to his feet groggily as Marciano opens an eye. "Oh hey, I'm not dead."

7. - Top - End - #487

Spooktacular - Aric

Ah hell, the steel hammer is caught by Marcy, and then there's a portal appearing behind him...

Sadly, he gives himself a nasty cut along his shoulder blade before he pulls the blade out from the portal.

AGH! By Eliam's Light! Sneaky bastard...

The knight gives himself time to heal before trying anything else.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Party

My first was the Game Boy Advance.

"I didn't know I was supposed to bring anything, I'm afraid. Sorry." Nikomache has a quick look around to see if anybody else has brought a gift or anything that looks like it may be a gift.
    Party

I still got the original Game Boy. I could drive people mad with the tetris music^^

"Oh, I'm sorry" Mia says and giggles a bit. "Looks like I misspelled something. I meant why are you here." Everyone has a costum here, even if they will take it home again.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #489

Spooktacular - Darsy

Oh. Looks like there's two new people in this fight. And, what do you know? They don't have any flesh eating goo near them.

Darsy makes her way over towards Gemma and Grayle. Her destroyed hand is held at her side, but her other hand is up in front of her. And it's surrounded by electricity.

You two wanna help your buddy? Good. That means I get to punch somebody.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Invidia is also skippable til I decide otherwise. Basically til the two are done talking, probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Invidia and Orbriane and Kitty]

Kitty isn't going to try and talk to Obriane about this with Invidia right there. She glances at the drow, and then back at Obriane with a look that tells her she doesn't know what to say. Kitty isn't exactly surprised, but she never thought Invidia would come out and say it.

"Um, so how about we find something to eat?" She suggests, trying to move the topic to lighter things. She gives Obriane a shrug and loops their arms together. "I bet there's something good being served."

"Uh. Yeah." Obriane replies, giving Invida a quick glance. How did this get extremely complicated all of sudden? If not being with another woman was enough, now Invida was interested in her too. Before she had come to the nexus, no one had been.

11. - Top - End - #491

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"Uh. Yeah." Obriane replies, giving Invida a quick glance. How did this get extremely complicated all of sudden? If not being with another woman was enough, now Invida was interested in her too. Before she had come to the nexus, no one had been.
    Invidia moves to the side to them, giving them a quick glance. The two might note that her expression flickers into melancholia, in a blink-and-miss speed, quickly to be masked by amicablility.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

Party

"To have fun, of course! It's a party. Maybe meet somebody special, you never know." Nikomache smiles and reaches for a drink.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Spooktacular - Darsy

Oh. Looks like there's two new people in this fight. And, what do you know? They don't have any flesh eating goo near them.

Darsy makes her way over towards Gemma and Grayle. Her destroyed hand is held at her side, but her other hand is up in front of her. And it's surrounded by electricity.

You two wanna help your buddy? Good. That means I get to punch somebody.
    Maricano presses a small button on his coat, vanishing off into nothingness as fast as he possibly could. After a second, he's long gone, leaving his two guards here to continue the battle in his absence. Sure enough, Gemma and Grayle seem more than ready to continue the battle as long as they possibly could. Gemma will attempt to take out a small pistol from her belt and fire it towards Darsy's skull. "I really don't think you can afford to lose both hands though, I mean, how will you fork stuff?" Grayle doesn't react to his sister's forced banter, and instead will simply attempt to brush his hand, causing the glass windows of the place to implode. The shards will wound npc's, but oughtn't kill. The pieces will fly towards Darsy now. "There are more of us than you."

"Run."

14. - Top - End - #494

Spooktacular - Darsy

As soon as Gemma reaches for her weapon, Darsy moves to dodge. She's quick, so the bullet misses her by a few inches.

When Grayle does his little thing, Darsy moves behind a table, blocking most of the glass. She still gets some of it, though.

Then she closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and focuses. The electricity around her goes away. Her skin turns silver in color.

She stands up and faces the pair, her skin looking like steel now. Her one hand is still mangled.

Me? Run from a fight? Ha. That won't happen.

She then dashes towards the closer of the two and aims her good fist at their face. Her fist is pretty much steel now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #495

Spooktacular - Aric

Damn teleports! Marcy is gone before Aric can try to work around the portals...

Aric rushes towards the two glorified bodyguards, holding his spear close.
    Unfortunately for him, that means when the glass shatters all around the room and flies towards Darsy, a considerable amount flies into him.

The force of the glass knocks him towards Darsy, but at least she's got less glass to worry about on that side.
    Yet again, Aric has to take a turn to heal...

Damn...this...glass...he grits his teeth, trying not to cry out as the glass is forcibly removed by healing flesh...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktacular - Gemma and Caius:

And so, Marciano is gone, back to wherever he usually sits around and lurks. The pair of siblings are left to deal with the combatants now, and do so with the relative grace they usually possessed when dealing with people that want to kill them. Gemma, being the more scatterbrained of the two, shifts her focus away from the woman with the painful looking fist, and onto the man behind the table. She had no intention of breaking her nose. Again. She liked her nose, after all, and wanted to keep it as normal looking as possible. She'll simply continue to use her pistol, while skulking towards cover in the form of another table. Aric will find three bullets shot towards him.

Darsy, meanwhile, will have a slightly more exotic issue to deal with. Grayle can manipulate any sort of inorganic material with his specialized telekinesis, but his player isn't quite sure if Darsy's new skin translates to becoming inorganic or not, so he's going with a different plan rather than direct manipulation! He'll cause the glass shards to fly towards his fist, forming an insanely thick gauntlet of hardened slivers of glass. He'll use this temporary gauntlet to punch straight for her hand. Their fists will connect in a great show, her steel crushing though several layers of glass, but not quite reaching the hand beneath. From their, he'll attempt to bash her forehead with the rather hard metal Magneto-style helmet he's wearing as part of his quite authentic looking costume. "You don't have to do this."

17. - Top - End - #497

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Party

"To have fun, of course! It's a party. Maybe meet somebody special, you never know." Nikomache smiles and reaches for a drink.
    Party

Mia smiles a bit.
    "I don't know about that. I just wanted a distraction from work." Mia says friendly.
    "Do you already have someon in mind." She then asks curious. Maybe Nikomache already got a target.^^
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #498

Spooktacular - Darsy

Darsy's steel is organic. Think Colossus.

When Grayle swings the helmet, Darsy quickly ducks down to avoid it. Then she comes back up, trying to clip his chin with her head.

You're helping the guy that cut that woman apart. I very much have to do this.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #499

Spooktacular - Aric

Aric takes a dive behind a table, taking a bullet to his shoulder.

While that heals, he grabs his shield out from inside the haversack.
    Within a minute, Kale is back in the fight.

He rolls out from the table, rising quickly and charging Gemma...she was truly beginning to annoy him.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Spooktacular:

With a howl, Grayle is struck. Unfortunately, this helmet didn't have the convenient cover of a faceplate his usual one did, resulting in him taking a blow to his chin. His bones were extremely fragile, resulting in instant breakage of the bone there. It cracks with a loud sound, and Caius stumbles backwards. With a growl, he waves an arm, willing the nearby punch table-cloth flip over, spilling the liquids everywhere. He'll cause the large cloth to fly across the room, eventually finding Darsy's head. The cloth will attempt to find it's way right down her throat, the other ends of it wrapping around her face. He's attempting to suffocate her. "Agh. ****. I do what I need to. Why do you even care."

Gemma makes a small show of victory, high-fiving her own thigh as she celebrates actually doing something. However, that charge seems incredibly unpleasant, and coming her way. She'll fire the gun a few more times as he comes near, before turning her back to the table she's hiding behind and cowering. "I hope this doesn't hurt as much as I think it will!"

21. - Top - End - #501

[SpOoKy]

Press the button? The big shiny red button?

Look, alright, maybe his chosen profession is a little bit weird. Maybe. But dressing up in purple spandex and vaulting around rooftops doesn't make him stupid, and pressing mysterious red buttons is Stupid. Capital S. Tucking it into a pocket for some poor henchie to test later on is a much better idea.

Also on the list of bad ideas is sticking around here when there's lightning and flesh-eating goop flying, and he ducks away as Gemma and Cayle charge back into the fray, getting a couple tables and a few of the tougher looking people between him and the fight. Pressing a finger to his ear, he tries to listen over the ongoing scuffle."Um, wow, okay. Good going. Obviously, uh, keeping her underground is good, and I guess she's our prisoner? Really, good job."

Well, that's one prisoner he wasn't expecting.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

[SpoOpy]

Felandria is off to the side, lamenting the fact that nobody is mingling with her.

Interaction Craved
    Last edited by Felandria; 2014-10-18 at 04:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503

After the Fighting

((Seriously guys, the fight is killing all other interaction so please try to wrap it up.))

Suddenly all wisps go out except one, turning the entire place into total darkness (read the introduction post if you don't know what the wisps are). The lone glowing wisp is centered at Dys herself, the SHEOL Inc. executive of communications. The obsidian-skinned devil is dressed up in angel costume.
    "Attention please." Her voice is many times louder than before so it's easily heard through the building. "I hope you're enjoying the evening and the food despite the earlier frag-fest. No one has been injured as far as I'm aware though and the building is being repaired as we speak. Just look at is as free entertainment, considering I'm sure many of you have come to expect at least one fight breaking out at every party." She smiles at the guests. "But if everyone feel quite done beating each other with their clubs I'm going to announce that we're going to have a costume competition where you, the guests can vote on the two you think have the best costumes tonight. You can't vote for yourself of course but I'm sure you can think of other ways to gain votes." She grins at the audience. "The two winners will be crowned regents of the hollow and get some appropriately themed prizes. Now please enjoy the rest of the evening." Then her wisp goes out and Dys seem to have completely disappeared into the darkness.

((The voting will either be done by PM to me or over the IRC chat.))

[SpOoKy]

"You need assistance, sir? Since otherwise I'm going to take her away. Not sure how you keep a woman who can turn into a giant imprisoned though." Cybril replies, sounding somewhat hesitant. It was as unexpected to her as it was to him.

24. - Top - End - #504

Spooktacular - Darsy

((I'm sorry! I'm a slave to my character!))

Darsy didn't expect the killer cloth. Who would?

She quickly lets go of her steel power, trading it for setting her head on fire. That should make easy work of the tablecloth.

Once that's burned away, Darsy glares at Grayle. She seems a bit worn out now. Plus, her hand is still ruined. The pain from that isn't helping things.

You're helping a guy that tore somebody apart with a laser. I don't like that.

Seems like her determination hasn't gone down at all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #505

Spooktacular

)(I'll try to wrap this up )(

That gun won't do Gemma much good anymore.
    Aric raises his shield, the bullets shattering against the murynstil and leaving nicks in the paint, as he bull rushes the table.

Fortunately for Gemma, Kale cannot plow through said table.
    Unfortunately for Gemma, he can punch a hole in it with his shield...she may need to get her back adjusted after that.

After slamming bodily into the table, Aric will attempt to smash the table again, creating a bigger hole before stabbing through it, aiming to impale the gunwoman.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #506

[SpOoKy]

"I, uh.." He pauses to wince as the combatants throw themselves at one another. Again. "Keeping out of trouble, um, you know me, and I'll be fine. Maybe the base, the, uh, you know there's a bunch of old prison cells, and that's pretty deep underground." And they might as well get some use out of those memberships. "I think she might be Magtok's kid?"

He's settled down at the table next to Felendria, for her admirable qualities of being a giant and a very good person to have between you and a fight. She might talk to him. You know, if she's rude enough to interrupt someone's phone call.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

27. - Top - End - #507

[SpOoKy]

"I don't know, sir. She did act the part at least, with all the screaming." She had seen some examples of that on the wall. "You sure AMEN is the best place to take her though? One of those all-powerful monsters might decide to take her from us."

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    [SpOoKy]

"I, uh.." He pauses to wince as the combatants throw themselves at one another. Again. "Keeping out of trouble, um, you know me, and I'll be fine. Maybe the base, the, uh, you know there's a bunch of old prison cells, and that's pretty deep underground." And they might as well get some use out of those memberships. "I think she might be Magtok's kid?"

He's settled down at the table next to Felendria, for her admirable qualities of being a giant and a very good person to have between you and a fight. She might talk to him. You know, if she's rude enough to interrupt someone's phone call.
    No, but she'll wave.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

With a great sigh, Caius will look to his left and notice his sister about to have her ribcage shattered by the heavy looking shield. Well, that's not good at all. He'll shout out to her and duck out of the way of Darsy. Gemma will open up a portal just in front of her, and another right behind Darsy. This will cause Aric's shield rush to suddenly be heading right into Darsy's back, which as you can imagine, will probably come as a great surprise to the woman. From there, Grayle will lurch back to Gemma. He'll grip her arm and shout to the others as his sister opens up another portal in front of the pair. "You have no idea what you're talking about. I do what I need to, and I don't need someone telling me what I do is wrong." Gemma will grab him and pull the man into the portal with her, as the pair begin to escape the scene. He'll utter a single final phrase before vanishing.

"I already know it."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spoopyparty]
    Asakura is doing a good job of accumulating drinks and treats, and perhaps not a very good job looking where she's going. She's just finished a cocktail with a hilarious (not really) Spooksmas-themed name when...
    Whoops, she bumps into someone. Oh, um, sorr--- She focuses her eyes on the bumpee (that's a word now) and narrows them. A kitsune, here? Now? Getting bumped into by her when she's minding her own business?
    Her ears flatten, her already-voluminous tail floofs, and she makes use of every inch of her height to stare frostily down at the fox as she adjusts her glasses with a stiff motion.
    ... Change of plans, sorriness is no longer an option.
    Last edited by Beans; 2014-10-20 at 07:41 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show