New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: SHEOL Inc.: I Owe My Soul to the Company Store

Inside Office

The door opens slightly and a little figure walks in. He's not even two feet tall, he is generally a dark brown color due to the fur that covers his body. His feet and tail are clearly reptilian in shape, but they are still covered in a fur coat that matches his face more, which is a rather canine muzzle. Broad wings are folded on his back, and his horizontal ears dip a bit as he nervously enters the place. He's wearing his best dress pants and shirt, but he can't help but feel that he has no idea what he's doing, and his hand unconsciously goes to poke at the horns on the back of his head. The other adjusts the (arm-less) glasses perched on his muzzle.
    Generally imps don't have to apply for jobs, they're forced into things.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-08-23 at 11:45 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [SHEOL Phone]

Someone soon takes the call. "Welcome to SHEOL Inc. How may I help you?" There isn't even a line! Woo!
    [SHEOL Phone]

"Hello. I'm Arkant. A while back I have ordered a blood sample from your company. I have to say, the quality was very good. Now I would like your service again."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #123

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [SHEOL Reception]

The saleswoman nods and says, "Alright. Can you tell me about the Confidants, too?"
    Inside Office

The imp at the desk has no fur, instead it has black skin with a yellow hue that goes with it's yellow burning eyes. It has a little tail from which small puffs of smoke constantly seem to spawn from and little cloven feet. It's currently dressed in a red SHEOL Inc. employee buttoned shirt. It looks up as the other imp enters. "Hello there sir, how may this one help you?"

[SHEOL Reception]

"It should all be in there. The confidants are what you humans remember as those ridiculous sex devils going by a variety of names from culture to culture. But there is far more to confidants than that, the most common type of confidant, but less infamous, is the common house imp. In ancient times house imps milked cows, cleaned, protected the house from vermin, kept the food fresh and so fourth. These days they protect your computer from virus, wake you up when you're oversleeping for work, make sure you doesn't misplace your keys, things like that. But their goal is to gain the trust of their subjects, just like those sex-devils. It's what confidants do, they try to become friends or lovers with their subject for a variety of reasons." The imp explains.

[SHEOL Phone]

"Thank you sir, how else may we help you now?" The voice replies.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Red shirt and no pants? I didn't know imps tried the Pooh Bear look.
    "Oh, uhm, hello. I was looking for a job. I'm a familiar but my master sleeps at night and I have too much time on my hands, you see. Looking for something to be useful in the mean time." he says nervously.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

The saleswoman nods, and then, after more consideration, eventually says, "I think I'd like to become a Confidant. Not a house imp, though...I still want to be a lawyer."

6. - Top - End - #126

[SHEOL Phone]

"Thank you sir, how else may we help you now?" The voice replies.
    [SHEOL Phone]

"That's rather easy. I would like to gather another blood sample. This time, I don't search for a special race. What I need is something natural strong. It would be nice if it doesn't fall under thos standard kinds like dragons and so on. I would like to have something unique."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Photo Room]

Darrian smirks at her, giving no reply to that. He wastes no time. He scoops Fettina into his arms and carries her off to his office. There he deposits her on his desk and starts to remove the little clothing she has on. The curtain comes down quickly at that point.
    Oh my. Suddenly Tina's been swept off her feet into the arms of this handsome stranger and taken to his private office... it's like she's in a romance novel. She loves it. The little pianist is sat down on Darrian's desk and quickly disrobed. The curtain is swift and ready to fall, it follows Tina everywhere for a reason.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #128

[SHEOL Reception]

"House Imps can be lawyers." The receptionist insists loudly. "These descriptions are just the devils powers. For instance the sex devils can read sexual desires and shapeshift while the the house imp can turn completely undetectable and be more than one place at once. But both of them could technically be lawyers. But there are many other confidants such as guardians, dealers, keepers... it all depends on what abilities you want."

[SHEOL Phone]

There is a short pause. "If you're looking for unique and strong we have some gronn blood in store. Very rare but rather expensive. They're aren't the easiest creatures to deal with you understand."

Inside Office

This imp certainly is. Others wear pants but this one doesn't seem to bother with it. "What kinda job you looking for?" The imp asks, it's grammar a bit odd. Must be a very feral imp.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-08-27 at 10:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

"Well, I usually work in paperwork, or dealing in law and such. That's what I usually do. But I don't have any problems doing basic things like errands or whatever."
    Tep's somewhat sure that he could do anything reasonable they could ask of him.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

The saleswoman nods and says, "I'm sure they can. So what kind of devil would you suggest for lawyering?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Oh my. Suddenly Tina's been swept off her feet into the arms of this handsome stranger and taken to his private office... it's like she's in a romance novel. She loves it. The little pianist is sat down on Darrian's desk and quickly disrobed. The curtain is swift and ready to fall, it follows Tina everywhere for a reason.
    [Photo Room]

The curtain rises some time later with Fettina seated in Darrian's lap while he's in his chair. The demon looks quite contented with having a attractive, naked woman in his lap. "If you wanted me to keep you in mind, I must say you're unforgettable now." He says with a little smirk.

12. - Top - End - #132

[SHEOL Reception]

"House Imps can be lawyers." The receptionist insists loudly. "These descriptions are just the devils powers. For instance the sex devils can read sexual desires and shapeshift while the the house imp can turn completely undetectable and be more than one place at once. But both of them could technically be lawyers. But there are many other confidants such as guardians, dealers, keepers... it all depends on what abilities you want."

[SHEOL Phone]

There is a short pause. "If you're looking for unique and strong we have some gronn blood in store. Very rare but rather expensive. They're aren't the easiest creatures to deal with you understand."

Inside Office

This imp certainly is. Others wear pants but this one doesn't seem to bother with it. "What kinda job you looking for?" The imp asks, it's grammar a bit odd. Must be a very feral imp.

[SHEOL Phone]

"Gronn?"
    Arkant replies. " I'm sorry, but I haven't heared about those creatures. Could you tell me more about them?"

13. - Top - End - #133

[Office]

If there's anything Tina's really begun to like after coming to the Nexus, it's dark elves and fiendish men. But she's nearly certain now that Darrian's the former of the two, despite his face-claim to the contrary. It was a few things - the way he said her name during, the way he looked at her when she laughed that tinny laugh of hers, to name a couple intimate details... but most importantly it was the way he'd looked when the man saw she and Shrike in that portfolio.

Tina is sprawled in Darrian's lap, still facing him, her legs spread as she rests. Her eyes search his face, ignoring his words. The electric blue peepers seem to spark. Once she's sure... is she sure? Oh, gods, don't let her intuition be wrong...

"It scares me how good you are at this," Tina's full lips stretch into a grin.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #134

[SHEOL Reception]

"Probably not a guardian, dealers are only useful if they have endorsement from hell itself. Unless you just so happen to have a lot of valuable things to trade laying around." The imp scratches it's head. "Depends on what kind of lawyer you like to be I guess. What's your approach to the profession?"

[SHEOL Phone]

"They're huge cyclopean creatures, large as a mountain and can eat dragons for breakfast. Legendary for their strength and brutality." The telephonist explains.

Inside Office

"Freelance is okay. You must make binding contract for more permanent position." It looks down at some papers and then back up at Tep. "What sort of errands you can run?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Tep grins sheepishly.
    "Well, I actually could make a contract. I'm only not allowed to make contracts with mortals while I'm the kid's familiar. He didn't notice that one. But yeah, If he needs my help I'm obligated to come running, so freelance works fine.
    Uh, what kind of things do you need? Like I said, I'm mostly used to paperwork and such, so fetching things and doing messenger things is usually a second priority in my jobs."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

The lawyer nods and says, "Well, normally I try to go through trials quickly, keeping the jury confused so that they don't really think about the evidence, and more about what they feel. For the most part, people want to be merciful. I try to let them." She not that good of a criminal lawyer...Which is fine, because she usually works with civil cases.

17. - Top - End - #137

[SHEOL Phone]

"They're huge cyclopean creatures, large as a mountain and can eat dragons for breakfast. Legendary for their strength and brutality." The telephonist explains.
    [SHEOL Phone]

"That sounds quiet intressting. I am very intressed in this samples." Arkant replies.
    "Do your Imp delivery service deal with this again?"

18. - Top - End - #138

Inside Office

"Uhu. There is actually a delivery you could make. This one isn't your standard one though, it's on a island in seaside and not accessible by teleportation. Seaside has somewhat of a bad reputation, seamonsters and storms. All sort of things." The imp replies.

[SHEOL Reception]

"Another question then, do you allow inhuman abilities within your courtrooms? Such as mind reading, desire reading and so fourth?" The receptionist asks.

[SHEOL Phone]

"Of course, we'll send you a transport as soon as possible." This is a gronn by the way.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-08-30 at 07:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Tep blinks.
    "Well, I think I could probably manage to get the weather under control. The kid's mentor is pretty good with predictions. I'm only so good with my wings, though. How far is this place, and is the location the only thing unusual about it?"

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

The lawyer smiles a little mischeviously and says, "Well...That depends on the judge, doesn't it. And, more importantly, whether or not he knows I have them."

21. - Top - End - #141

[SHEOL Reception]

"Generally there are all sort of safety precautions in courts, but if you have that trust I'd suggest a shapeshifting devil so you can hide your true nature. That would be the sex devil whom also can read desires and surface thoughts." The imp suggests.

Inside Office

"It's city. One that's awfully paranoid about Inside. All the way out in the ocean but still fears what's here. Or so I think. Either way, it's called Galespire, or maybe it was lower Galespire? It's like two different cities." The receptionist attempts to explain. "Supposed to go to a Reinfield Baltazhar at 41 Seahorse street."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Tep nods. "Doesn't sound too bad. Like I said though, only so far I can fly. How far from the shore is it? If it's too many miles I'd have to order a boat." he says.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

The lawyer nods and says, "Alright, sounds good...So what now? Where do I go to be...Promoted?"

24. - Top - End - #144

[SHEOL Phone]

"Of course, we'll send you a transport as soon as possible." This is a gronn by the way.
    [SHEOL Phone] ((Hmm that looks like stormwind so this is a WoW monster.))

"That would be perfekt, just send where you did send it last time. If this sample has the same quality like the one befor, I will place another order soon."

25. - Top - End - #145

[SHEOL Phone]

((You are quite correct.))

"Excellent, we'll send it as soon as possible." What a great customer.
    I'll post in skyside soon.

[SHEOL Reception]

"We need to find a donor first, but we have some spare blood already. As I said, thew change won't be instant." The receptionist explains.

Inside Office

"It's located in middle of the so-called "sea of storms". Here, I show you on map." The imp dives under it's desk and soon comes out with a map of the nexus. The names and places on the map seems to shift constantly however, if you point out a location it might be somewhere completely different next time. The imp puts it finger on a fairly stable section of the map with only sea and only a few small islands, the name spelled out in red ink. Sea of Storms. "Here." The imp points at what probably is the largest island in the region. "There is no boat that take you directly to it though. You have to go to Coyote Bay first, right here." The imp points out a much larger island outside the sea of storms. "Only from there you can go directly to gale spire with boat."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Inside Office

Tep nods. "All right then. I suppose my next questions are the big ones. What is this package I'm supposed to carry, and what's the money? If I need to hire a boat it at least has to be enough to cover that." he says.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

[SHEOL Reception]

She nods and says, "Alright. Do you have enough spare to start? Or do I need to wait?"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Office]

If there's anything Tina's really begun to like after coming to the Nexus, it's dark elves and fiendish men. But she's nearly certain now that Darrian's the former of the two, despite his face-claim to the contrary. It was a few things - the way he said her name during, the way he looked at her when she laughed that tinny laugh of hers, to name a couple intimate details... but most importantly it was the way he'd looked when the man saw she and Shrike in that portfolio.

Tina is sprawled in Darrian's lap, still facing him, her legs spread as she rests. Her eyes search his face, ignoring his words. The electric blue peepers seem to spark. Once she's sure... is she sure? Oh, gods, don't let her intuition be wrong...

"It scares me how good you are at this," Tina's full lips stretch into a grin.
    [Office]

"A dancer is only as good as his partner, and I must say, you make a good partner." Darrian meets her eyes. Something is going on in that head of hers, he can tell, but what? He has a brief moment of suspicion, but it passes as quickly as it comes. How could she possibly have figured anything out?

29. - Top - End - #149

[Office]

Tina is more than happy to meet Darrian's eyes. Her lids flutter, settling most of the way down, gently narrowing her eyes to small slits. The thin girl leans her head back slightly, then leans in, as though she's about to kiss him.

At the last moment, Fettina's mouth steals up beside his ear instead.

"I think we've danced this dance before, you and I."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Inside Office

Tep nods. "All right then. I suppose my next questions are the big ones. What is this package I'm supposed to carry, and what's the money? If I need to hire a boat it at least has to be enough to cover that." he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    [SHEOL Reception]

She nods and says, "Alright. Do you have enough spare to start? Or do I need to wait?"
    Inside Office

"First you must sign this contract before I let you near it." The imp pulls up a whole stack of papers for Tap to sign. We can probably handwaved this as I assure both OOC and IC it won't get the imp in any trouble unless he actually abandons his mission or something like that. Whatever seems reasonable.

[SHEOL Reception]

"We have blood, is there anything specific in the way of appearance you want? Sex-devils might be shapeshifter but they usually keep certain tenancies. An original form if you will." The imp explains.